In-game Articles for the 6th gen Claims/Suggestions

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Unlike analyses, the articles will not necessarily be first come first served, especially for the most lengthy, complicated and important guides. Don't let this put you off from helping though, even if we think it best for someone else to run it no article is a one person job. There will be a lot of content checking to be done and discussion to be had, especially for the threat lists where almost all the work is done by the C&C community.

Post here with any claims and suggestions for in-game articles (ie. non-metagame).

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
I'm a little tentative, but I'll say macle told me too.

I can write up both my Ingame Guide and the TM Guide more formally if those make good ideas for articles for the site. There's a few things I'd like to do with the guide especially (Make a neater even faster/dirtier path) and then have the longer narrative that I wrote. The TM list has been requested that I sort the TM's into the order in which they are located in the game (Which isn't too much of a problem).

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm a little tentative, but I'll say macle told me too.

I can write up both my Ingame Guide and the TM Guide more formally if those make good ideas for articles for the site. There's a few things I'd like to do with the guide especially (Make a neater even faster/dirtier path) and then have the longer narrative that I wrote. The TM list has been requested that I sort the TM's into the order in which they are located in the game (Which isn't too much of a problem).
go for it would love to see both on-site, as for the quick and dirty path one it would be nice if you could get full movesets for the trainer's mons

The Breeding Guide needs an update for 6th gen. I can write one up.
definitely, please do.

I don't know if this is the right place or not, but I am looking into the relationship between the built-in motion sensor for the 3DS and its effect on many aspects. (such as the catch rate, #of perfect IV's in the friend safari, shiny encounter..etc)

I got distinctive and interesting results based on a low number of samples (40 samples for each aspect).
The sample size is still small to determine whether the motion sensor affects anything besides the Holo Caster and the evolution of Inkay.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i would start a new thread, then set up a skeleton then start filling it in. i can possibly help you with the set up of the article

I'd like to write articles about the Berry Fields, how to grow them, mutations, the Pokémon that can be found there etc., & also about the 4 Lumiose Restaurants, information on what they are, what they're for, what teams you face (including movesets).

Actually, I'd like to extend the Berry farming article to Berries in general. Do I just go right ahead & post the skeleton for the article, or should I wait for approval?

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The Battle Maison article appears to have gone stagnant. Per Oglemi's advice, I've asked LustrousPalkia if he plans to keep working on the article or if I might take over, and not having received a response in over a week, I am putting in a claim here to request taking over.

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
quoted from this thread 'cause there's three and I'm not sure which it goes in:
If I may, I would like to do the VGC threatlist

Now the real reason that i came here:
So I wanted to write an article, and I was thinking "Now, what hasn't yet had an article done for it?", so I searched around the articles subforum, and I found nothing on semi-weather teams. I may need a little time to do this, but I think that it is something that people may find a Guide to Semi-Weather useful, and the strategy has become more viable than full-on weather teams this gen due to the weather nerf. If you don't know what semi-weather is, it is where you build a team which is designed to work in a certain weather, but it can easily function without it - unlike full-on weather teams - or a team which is designed to function around weather which, unlike full-on weather, feature a maximum of 2-3 weather abusers, such as Ludicolo, Kabutops and Kingdra. The main draw to these kinds of teams in the current OU metagame, however, is their ability to prevent common pokemon, such as Sand Rush Excadrill, who loses its sweeping capability, Tyranitar, who loses its special defense boost, and Mega Charizard Y, who loses its wallbreaking prowess, from working as well due to their weather being simply canceled out. In the article, I aim to cover all of the common weather setters, their roles on their respective teams, semi-weather threats and tips for use, as well as anything else that people recommend that I should include. If I could get permission to do this that would be great (don't forget to tag me/reply to the message so that I get an alert - I'm not exactly the best at remembering that I've reserved something.

NoCheese

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Shit I'm sorry for not answering, I'm slap bang in the middle of exam season + i've been ill, I'm sorry that I didn't answer. As much as I would love to continue this, you'd probably be better off as you'd have the time. Idk how it would work, would it count as coauthorship? and I write analyses for Ubers, i'd give you a weak 3/10 takeover attempt lol, compared to what we have there you were very nice :)
I'll start adding some stuff, but I have no qualms about collaborating as you feel better and have more time! Best of luck on your exams!

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
I'll start adding some stuff, but I have no qualms about collaborating as you feel better and have more time! Best of luck on your exams!
collaborating sounds great man, as you saw there are bits that need work - if you were to work up a revised version of the thing that's already there, then post it and i'll CP it straight into the OP that would work perfectly. I saw your message and really really meant to answer, i'm sorry i didnt.

P.S. KFC - never ever ever going there again, i started feeling funny like an hour afterwards and have to resit the exam i missed on Monday in august (it's not like i wouldve failed it and have had to resit it anyway huehuehue)

after the 6th i'll have loads of free time so we can work together on the article using piratepad, skype, w/e <3

NoCheese

vzxt is working on a dexnav chaining guide for ORAS. He started working on it here, in the OI forum, and OI tends to draw more eyeballs/suggestions for in-game stuff anyway, but I'll get it moved over to C&C as he gets closer to completion to get it readied for proper QC and GP work.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I am currently working on an In-game Tier List for X&Y as seen here, currently in the process of writing up with the help of interested contributors. As with the above, it will be worked on in OI for now since it gets more traffic for in-game stuff but once initial write-ups are done, I will port it over into a new thread in this forum in order to get it ready for QC/GP work. It will take a while to get ready though since there are over 200 separate entries to do write-ups for.

Reactions: ant

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Would there be any interest in getting the Soft Resetting in Gen VI guide from OI on-site?

Ciran

Queen Of Puns
is a Top Artistis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
I have a suggestion for the "Special Poke Ball Inheritance Guide" written by SuperJOCKE.

I have never seen the following mentioned or written well on the various Pokémon fansites and from my personal experience breeding, trading, and being a staff member in the PS Wifi and Breeding rooms, I feel that it needs and deserves to be addressed. This information is a collection of my own personal knowledge double checked using Serebii.

When Gen V introduced Hidden Abilities numerous Pokémon did not receive a Hidden Ability, but were able to be found in the Dream World. Upon the release of Gen VI several of these Pokémon were given a Hidden Ability. These Pokémon cannot have their Hidden Ability and be in a Dream Ball.

These Pokémon are: Duskull, Minun, Plusle, and Keckleon.

Also there is a bit of redundancy in the "Special Cases With Regular Balls" section, sub section "Dream World." Aerodactyl is listed and is implied to be only obtainable in regular balls by catching it in the Dream World. This is not true as Aerodactyl can be caught in XY in Friend Safaris. I feel that there should be an addition to this subsection as well. As of ORAS, the following Pokémon, in addition to the fossil Pokémon mentioned in the article, may only be bred with their HA and be in one of the regular Pokeballs if the original female was caught in the Dream World, as they are not able to be caught with their HA in GenV or GenVI.

These Pokémon are: Barboach, Basculin red/blue, Burmy, Carvanha, Drifloon, Feebas, Goldeen, Hippopotas, Horsea, Kangaskhan, Karrablast, Luvdisc, Munchlax, Qwilfish, Remoraid, Sentret, Shelmet, and Wailmer.

Last edited:

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have a suggestion for the "Special Poke Ball Inheritance Guide" written by SuperJOCKE.

I have never seen the following mentioned or written well on the various Pokémon fansites and from my personal experience breeding, trading, and being a staff member in the PS Wifi and Breeding rooms, I feel that it needs and deserves to be addressed. This information is a collection of my own personal knowledge double checked using Serebii.

When Gen V introduced Hidden Abilities numerous Pokémon did not receive a Hidden Ability, but were able to be found in the Dream World. Upon the release of Gen VI several of these Pokémon were given a Hidden Ability. These Pokémon cannot have their Hidden Ability and be in a Dream Ball.

These Pokémon are: Duskull, Minun, Plusle, and Keckleon.

Also there is a bit of redundancy in the "Special Cases With Regular Balls" section, sub section "Dream World." Aerodactyl is listed and is implied to be only obtainable in regular balls by catching it in the Dream World. This is not true as Aerodactyl can be caught in XY in Friend Safaris. I feel that there should be an addition to this subsection as well. As of ORAS, the following Pokémon, in addition to the fossil Pokémon mentioned in the article, may only be bred with their HA and be in one of the regular Pokeballs if the original female was caught in the Dream World, as they are not able to be caught with their HA in GenVI.

These Pokémon are: Barboach, Basculin red/blue, Burmy, Carvanha, Drifloon, Feebas, Goldeen, Hippopotas, Horsea, Kangaskhan, Karrablast, Luvdisc, Munchlax, Qwilfish, Remoraid, Sentret, Shelmet, and Wailmer.

hi Ciran! I know you and I know how well you know about in-game breeding mechanics, but I'd love if one of the guys from the QC team, I assume mostly DHR-107, could take a look at this. if they give you the ok, you can start a thread with all the additions and changes you consider necessary

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi Ciran! I know you and I know how well you know about in-game breeding mechanics, but I'd love if one of the guys from the QC team, I assume mostly DHR-107, could take a look at this. if they give you the ok, you can start a thread with all the additions and changes you consider necessary

since no reply, you can go ahead and do that, Ciran

ant

⭐️⭐️⭐️
if you thought you ran out of ideas, i'm sure there are a lot of new ideas out there with the new Pokemon Z and Pokemon Go hype :)

btw Oglemi, does the in-game section only touch topics about the main series of the game, or are articles about PMD, and etc allowed as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)