Giga Drain
Hurricane

Lolitower@something
Mild
Fake Tears
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Charge Beam

I haven't got the game yet, (comes out on friday! Yay!) but im gonna make sure to pick up a Boaffulant around route 10 I believe? Doesnt have the hassle of evolution, and can hit hard. I know that its a little off topic, but the fact that TM's are now reusable is great!

Also, I was thinking of using a Trubbish, so if anyone could tell me how good he is that would be nice.

+ Ace thread.

breh

強いだね
I haven't got the game yet, (comes out on friday! Yay!) but im gonna make sure to pick up a Boaffulant around route 10 I believe? Doesnt have the hassle of evolution, and can hit hard. I know that its a little off topic, but the fact that TM's are now reusable is great!

Also, I was thinking of using a Trubbish, so if anyone could tell me how good he is that would be nice.

+ Ace thread.
Bouffalant is found essentially in the game's last stretches. It's an inherently good pokemon but not one for ingame.

Trubbish is not too great. In fact, it's pretty damn bad. Your highest power moves are all on the special side until level 54... Toxic is its best attribute, but other than that it sucks.

To say it sucks hard is quite an understatement.
edit: think of a worse farfetchd with more speed. Sure, has higher offensive stats but has a worse movepool.
Farfy has Stick to help improve his offense. Purrloin doesn't, as she is like still stuck with Scratch when Lillipup and Patrat already get BITE, and by the time Purrloin gets Pursuit, Lillipup would've evolved and Patrat should be close to getting Crunch.

HORRIBLY OUTCLASSED. BENCH.

Farfy has Stick to help improve his offense. Purrloin doesn't, as she is like still stuck with Scratch when Lillipup and Patrat already get BITE, and by the time Purrloin gets Pursuit, Lillipup would've evolved and Patrat should be close to getting Crunch.

HORRIBLY OUTCLASSED. BENCH.
That's what I said in a nutshell. :3

I've seen somebody use Eelektrik to a decent standard, but of course it must have completely sucked as a Tyanmo. I love Eelektross, but it just never seems to deal enough damage when it needs to. =\

breh

強いだね
I actually thought it was pretty awesome. I picked it up very, very late (WHY, WHY WON'T MY ROCK TRIPOD EVOLVE? oh that's why I have to trade it... *toss*) and had to grind it a bit, but it wasn't terrible and once you get it to level 39, it's really nice, actually. If you want, get coil, but otherwise just go with evolution.

Is Inner Focus Darumaka / Zen Mode Darmanitan good?

(if someone sends you an egg of an Inner Focus Darumaka)
Not really, way to slow if you decide to go through the game at 50% health. And, if you decide not to, you're better off with Sheer Force. Besides making a moveset that solely depends on the forms stats isn't a good idea, imo.

Not really, way to slow if you decide to go through the game at 50% health. And, if you decide not to, you're better off with Sheer Force. Besides making a moveset that solely depends on the forms stats isn't a good idea, imo.
Pretty much this. To add to the first part, it's pointless to become bulky if you're at 50% health or less.

Except even then you're still slow as ass, and you have to make some sort of funky mixed set where at least half of your offensive moves are always useless.
To back this up, Darmanitan has a very pathetic 30 Special Attack stat in comparison to its huge 140 Attack. So making a mixed set for Zen Mode Darmanitan is very hard because Zen Mode Darmanitan will have its Attack and Special Attack switched upon form changing.

I think the point he was making is that Sheer Force negates the speed boost from Nitro Charge iirc. Hmm, I can't find the source. I could've sworn I read that (despite it being 100% chance)..

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think the point he was making is that Sheer Force negates the speed boost from Nitro Charge iirc. Hmm, I can't find the source. I could've sworn I read that (despite it being 100% chance)..
True, but then you need to be sure to keep above 50% health or you'll be envying Archeops.

The only Zen Mode set I've seen that worked at all was Belly Drum, and even that's hard to pull off very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)