In-Game Tier List Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning on using Toxic with one of my Frillish (yeah both of them, you jelly) and hope Cursed Body activates on Dragon Pulse, then sit there all day with Recover+Blizzard+Protect. Toxic will be stronger than Blizzard but that's fine too.

I also need an anti-Ghost/Dark pokémon too; one Psychic and possibly two Ghosts is just too much and I don't think Larvesta and Joltik can really stop any Ghosts in-game nor take Scrafty and Sandile's STABs. Guess I'll try Ferroseed...
I ain't even gelatin. Ferroseed with the Rugged Helmet thingie + leech seed is a true abomination to take down for ingame foes. The thing alone can pretty much take on Bouffalant, Bisharp, and Cofagrigus (leech seed + toxic). I really suggest you saving that Eviolite for one of your jellies. And try to abuse that Quick Claw, too.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I ain't even gelatin. Ferroseed with the Rugged Helmet thingie + leech seed is a true abomination to take down for ingame foes. The thing alone can pretty much take on Bouffalant, Bisharp, and Cofagrigus (leech seed + toxic). I really suggest you saving that Eviolite for one of your jellies. And try to abuse that Quick Claw, too.
wait

Quick Claw

There's a Quick Claw in-game?

Why the fuck didn't I use it on my Emolga against Hydreigon, ack

Hmm, do you think I could get away with using about 12 "main" Pokemon, to battle? Supposedly EXP is no problem in this game. I'd love to not have a set team, to just have a variety of Pokemon to choose from.

If I did that, I would still keep one strong Pokemon that would always be on my team, most likely my starter, so I don't get suddenly wiped out by higher leveled things...

Alright, so I've beat the game before, but come the American release of Black and I've only chosen a few pokemon to use. I chose Snivy the first time, as he's is my favorite starter; however this time around I don't want to choose him again so I can use Lilligant (probably my fave pokemon this gen). The thing is though that the other starters are.... well, kind of lame. So I've decided to go starterless this time around but I am having trouble actually culminating a team so, yeah. Here's what I got so far:

Has access to Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Quiver Dance, and Magical Leaf for PP until I get Petal Dance to spam with Own Tempo. Seems solid to me; although coverage is lacking, but I can just sleep and switch.

This guy just look like a BAMF. He may be slow as dirt, but he learns Rock Blast rather early and... can use Bulldoze... until Earthquake is obtained. Yeah, he isn't the best, but that's not why I'm using him. I mean, look at him! He learns SolorBeam!

That's about my team so far, currently consisting of two members. I have access to my Japanese White for trading anything I want, so I kind of want to use something that's good but comes late, so I'm thinking about trading over a Level 1 Larvesta with Morning Sun, Flame Charge, Bug Bite just so I don't have to wait until level 30/40 to have good STAB and to have recovery... But it seems that you need a Beautifly for that, which I can't get. :L
Any ideas?

This is what I used last time, in case you were wondering...

I finally did some thinking about which Pokémon I wanted to use, making sure I used the ones I wanted and filling holes in my defense.

(base forms only please, but I'll obviously evolve them)

Snivy and Zorua were the ones I definately wanted to use. Thinking about what resists their common weakness (Bug), I added the Steel/Ground Excadrill. Frillish covers the Fire weaks of Serperior and Excadrill. Pidove adds some additional coverage for Fighting-Types, as well as flying utility.

Joltik was actually the last addition, but I'm not committed to it. Any suggestions on a 6th Pokémon?

Given that your team doesn't really have any glaring weaknesses, I'd say it's fine as it is. That said, I am almost certainly wrong, my cold is fucking my head sideways. DEEEEEEEEEERP.

Consider using Panpour on that team instead of Frillish. Has more SpA, Speed, Crunch, Acrobat. Keeps ability to use STAB Boiling water, and can evolve as soon as you get the water stone(hiun city)

I finally did some thinking about which Pokémon I wanted to use, making sure I used the ones I wanted and filling holes in my defense.

(base forms only please, but I'll obviously evolve them)

Snivy and Zorua were the ones I definately wanted to use. Thinking about what resists their common weakness (Bug), I added the Steel/Ground Excadrill. Frillish covers the Fire weaks of Serperior and Excadrill. Pidove adds some additional coverage for Fighting-Types, as well as flying utility.

Joltik was actually the last addition, but I'm not committed to it. Any suggestions on a 6th Pokémon?
Joltik is tons of fun ingame. I've been really conflicted about not using it again for my next run though, he's probably my favorite of the new pokemon.

If anything, why not combine Pidove and Frillish into Ducklett? It's available right before the fifth gym, which is Ground - so almost perfect to level up in. It has both the types you want to take advantage of without having to deal with Pidove's horrible stats and movepool which is contrary to them. And Ducklett's level up moves are pretty darn solid - Water Gun, Wing Attack, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Bubblebeam, Air Slash, Roost, Brave Bird, and Hurricane.

Plus, this will give you another spot for another type, whether you want to keep a Ghost, or go in another direction. A Fighting type? A Dragon? A Fire type to finish the GWF core? Lots of choices.

Consider using Panpour on that team instead of Frillish. Has more SpA, Speed, Crunch, Acrobat. Keeps ability to use STAB Boiling water, and can evolve as soon as you get the water stone(hiun city)
I was planning on only using Panpour until I could get something better: it was my assumption that all of the monkeys were pretty terrible. Am I wrong?

Joltik is tons of fun ingame. I've been really conflicted about not using it again for my next run though, he's probably my favorite of the new pokemon.

If anything, why not combine Pidove and Frillish into Ducklett? It's available right before the fifth gym, which is Ground - so almost perfect to level up in. It has both the types you want to take advantage of without having to deal with Pidove's horrible stats and movepool which is contrary to them. And Ducklett's level up moves are pretty darn solid - Water Gun, Wing Attack, Water Pulse, Aerial Ace, Bubblebeam, Air Slash, Roost, Brave Bird, and Hurricane.

Plus, this will give you another spot for another type, whether you want to keep a Ghost, or go in another direction. A Fighting type? A Dragon? A Fire type to finish the GWF core? Lots of choices.
Another reason I wanted Frillish is for the Fighting resist for Zorua and the future Excadrill. But then, Ducklett DOES resist Fighting. Joltik also adds a Fighting resist, as well.

I wanted to use Axew, but not enough to give my team too many glaring weaknesses. Earlier, when I was planning on using Pidove, I would have too many ice weaks to be comfortable (3), so I passed on it. But only Snivy is weak to Ice on the new set up (though I have no resists) and so that opens a spot for Axew...

So excited, got my copy today!

Thinking of using Serperior, Victini, Excadrill, Jellicent, Haxorus and Mienshao for my team. Any thoughts/suggestions? Pretty much all of them are replacable.

I was planning on only using Panpour until I could get something better: it was my assumption that all of the monkeys were pretty terrible. Am I wrong?
Yes - all of the monkeys are wonderful in-game. Useful typing, good stats and evolution relatively early on makes a good Pokémon.

I'm starting my White; in which ways can my team improve?

breh

強いだね
Yes - all of the monkeys are wonderful in-game. Useful typing, good stats and evolution relatively early on makes a good Pokémon.

I'm starting my White; in which ways can my team improve?
Get rid of Unfezant; it's terrible. Maybe Swanna in its place?

Also, this is just me, but I really, really hate seismitoad. It's just so weaaaaaak (also no ice beam at all and no eq until after e-4 ftl)
(if you do use it, make sure you get a swift swim one btw)

Just popping in to finally contribute to this thread - got Black today.

Snivy has been brilliant for me so far. It's not an offensive juggernaut, but it 2HKO's most things and absolutely nothing has killed mine apart from Cheren's Tepig yet. After it learned Leaf Tornado and evolved, it destroys absolutely everything after a Growth. Pretty amazing.

Blitzle was a pain at first, because I caught one at Lv. 8 and its only move was Quick Attack. A bit further down Route 3 and I ran into another one, this time Lv. 12. I caught it and it had Shock Wave, so I kept that one. It's surprisingly good against most of the early-game encounters, and while it dies pretty easily, it does pretty well early-game from what I've experienced so far. Thunder Wave at Lv. 15 or so is pretty useful too, saved me a couple of times in Lenora's Gym.

Will I come across many EV increasing items? i.e. protein?

EDIT: also grass knot and brick break tms? how far in? Pansear needs coverage lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)