In which I fail to come up with a good title (misc. goodstuff)

i know im probly missing something but can someone explain that breloom please much abliged (fsash and effect spore)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Focus Sash makes it much more likely to get at least one Spore off, Effect Spore because it's probably never going to get poisoned.

Looks like an overall solid enough team, but I do have a few suggestions and logical-nitpicks. I'm new, but I've lurked since the beginning of the season, so I know enough to not sound too stupid. (I hope :P)

Latios: If you want to beat Sucker Punch with Substitute, than why not use Tailwind? You support your own team with it, as well as not getting hit by it. You also said that in your team building process you have trouble dealing with faster, more offensive teams. The way to fight off Hyper-Offensive Goodstuff teams is to either use Tailwind or Trick Room. You have Trick Room on Jellicent, but why not give yourself more utility, as well as have your slower pokemon move first?
Infernape: Everything loooks good except for one thing. Rock Slide. You use it to hit Chandelure, but that really isn't a good enough reason. It seems that you are very weak to Chandelure besides Heatran. I'd either choose Grass Knot if you want to go all-offensive or Protect as Infernape is a very fragile pokemon to use.
Breloom: Perfect, nothing much to comment on. Back to Latios, if you have Tailwind up, you can Spore SO much. That could change how effective your team is possitively.
Heatran: Decent set overall, but I'd recommend Shuca Berry over Air Balloon. But that's just me, it could work for you.
Excavalier: Honestly, I'd replace it with Occa Berry Scizor. Scizor works outside of Trick Room with a powerful Technician Bullet Punch, as well as having access to a *slightly* better movepool than Escavalier. Think over that for a little bit.
Jellicent: Decent pokemon overall, but it adds to a Chandelure weakness I see on your team. It can hit 4/6 of your pokemon super effective and severally damages Infernape. So once again, I'd use Tailwind on Latios to let you outspeed with Jellicent. Also, I'd recommend Water Spout or Scald over Hydro Pump because of the low accuracy. When you set up Trick Room, you don't want to waste a turn by missing.

Hope this helps.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I actually tried Tailwind when I had Tornadus on my team, and almost never found a situation to use it - Trick Room almost always seemed more useful against fast teams, and let me use more bulk on Jellicent (since without Speed investment, it doesn't outspeed enough even with Tailwind). Also, Tailwind doesn't protect from Sucker Punch after the turn I use it.
I actually haven't had much trouble with Chandelure - Breloom outspeeds most variants, Heatran obviously doesn't care about it, Jellicent can usually take a hit and OHKO it back, and Latios can blow it up if all else fails.
Scizor may have a better movepool, but it doesn't have Megahorn or Escavalier's special bulk, both of which have helped me out against more than just Cresselia on many occasions.
Maybe it's just my experience, but Jellicent always seems to attract a lot of hits, so I never felt like Water Spout was very useful, and Scald is just too weak (fails to KO Chandelure, for instance).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)