Incineroar [QC 0/3]

[OVERVIEW]
Incineroar functions as a great wallbreaker that can perform multiple roles in the SM Neverused metagame. Having its signature Z move can secure KO's on many things that normally could survive or force Incineroar out. Incineroar also possesses great bulk made better by its hidden ability Intimidate. Not many things can comfortably switch into a boosted Incineroar regardless of typing or bulk. Incineroar is incredibly prone to chip damage, such as that from hazards or Flare Blitz recoil. Incineroar's base 60 speed is extremely slow in an already slow meta, making it liable to revenge killing or difficulty finding a place to switch in.

Set name: Assault Vest
name: SET NAME
move 1: Darkest Lariat
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: U-turn
item: Assault Vest
ability: Intimidate
nature: Brave
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Darkest Lariat is Incineroar's signature move, ignoring target's stat changes and allowing access to a powerful Z-move.
  • Fire Blast is used to hit Steelix harder than Flare Blitz would.
  • Earthquake allows Incineroar to hit some Rock and Fire Pokemon that normally would resist Incineroar's STAB attacks super-effectively.
  • U-turn allows Incineroar to gain momentum and pivot out of opponents that would otherwise trouble it.

Set Details
========

• Assault Vest gives Incineroar boosted Special Defense at the cost of the use of Swords Dance.
  • Brave Nature and max attack and hp ev's make Incineroar hit as hard as possible while also giving it some bulk and longevity.
  • Intimidate will lower an opponent's attack by one stage, making Incineroar even harder to break through.
Usage Tips
========

Incineroar can be used to break through bulky teams with its powerful wallbreaking abilities granted by powerful STAB attacks, a powerful Z-move, and access to Swords Dance. Incineroar is very vulnerable to chip damage as a result of its Fire typing leaving it weak to rocks, Flare Blitz recoil, and its pitifully slow speed. Because of this, it is not advised to switch in Incineroar more often than needed when hazards are up.

Team Options
========

Grass types like Ludicolo, Exeggutor-Alola, Sceptile, and others can help Incineroar deal with Water and Rock types, such as Kabutops, Barbaracle, and Rhyperior, which Incineroar tends to struggle with and almost always force Incineroar to switch out.

Wallbreakers like Barbaracle, Minior, and Absol can be used to setup and break through bulky walls that Incineroar isn't able to do with this set.

Hazard Removal, such as Cryogonal, Hitmontop, and Armaldo keep hazards off the field and allow Incineroar to switch in more often.

Fast Pokemon such as Sceptile and Minior can take out fast and powerful threats and allow Incineroar to deal damage to damage slower, bulkier Pokemon.

Set name: Swords Dance Wallbreaker
name: SET NAME
move 1: Darkest Lariat
move 2: Flare Blitz
move 3: Earthquake / U-turn
move 4: Swords Dance
item: Incinium Z
ability: Blaze
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

• Darkest Lariat is Incineroar's signature move, ignoring target's stat changes and allowing access to a powerful Z-move.
  • Flare Blitz is Incineroar's most powerful STAB move, showcasing its sheer power at the cost of recoil damage.
  • Earthquake allows Incineroar to hit Rock-types and other Fire-types super-effectivly.
  • Swords Dance boosts Incineroar's Attack stat to tremendous levels and allows it to break through bulky Pokemon.
  • U-turn allows Incineroar to generate momentum and pivot out of opponents that would otherwise trouble it.

Set Details
========

• Incinium Z gives Inciniroar access to a one-time nuke in the Z-move Malicious Moonsault.
  • Adamant Nature and max attack and hp ev's make Incineroar hit as hard as possible while also giving it some bulk and longevity.
  • Blaze will boost Incineroar's powerful Flare Blitz even more when in a pinch.
Team Options
========

Grass types like Ludicolo, Exeggutor-Alola, Sceptile, and others can help Incineroar break through Water and Rock types, such as Kabutops, Barbaracle, and Rhyperior, which Incineroar tends to struggle with.

Hazard Removal, such as Cryogonal, Hitmontop, and Armaldo keep hazards off the field and allow Incineroar to switch in more often.

Fast Pokemon such as Sceptile and Minior can take out fast and powerful threats and allow Incineroar to deal damage to damage slower, bulkier Pokemon.

Other Options
=============

Incineroar can run a Choice Band set to provide even more of a punch without the need to setup, but loses access to a Z-move. Choice Band also forces Incineroar to switch in and out more that usual, leaving it liable to even more chip damage.

While a Life Orb set is possible, the additional chip is not appreciated on a Pokemon that is already worn down extremely easily.

Flame Charge can be utilized on some sets to make up for Incineroar's bad speed.

Checks and Counters
===================

Barbaracle, Omastar, and Carracosta: These Pokemon quad-resist Incineroar's most powerful STAB Flare Blitz and can possibly setup Shell Smash on Incineroar, which is extremely dangerous.

Poliwrath: Poliwrath resists both of Incineroar's STAB attacks and is neutral to Flare Blitz, and Poliwrath will always force Incineroar out or kill it with either of its STAB attacks.

Last edited:

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
qc reject 1/3

intimidate isn't released and from the way you talk about incineroar i think you're confused as to what its niche is supposed to be. assault vest allows incineroar to act as a bulky pivot into special attackers thanks to its useful resistances, it is not a wallbreaker. i also dont think sd is worthy of a set and you seem to have convinced yourself that sd incinium z is the best option for this pokemon. a lot of the information you've presented here implies a lack of metagame knowledge (listing armaldo as a hazard remover while neglecting things like golbat, mentioning ludicolo over whimsicott and rotom-c, etc.) and i'd prefer to have this analysis written by someone more familiar with the assault vest set. formatting is also off throughout the analysis.

qc reject 1/3

intimidate isn't released and from the way you talk about incineroar i think you're confused as to what its niche is supposed to be. assault vest allows incineroar to act as a bulky pivot into special attackers thanks to its useful resistances, it is not a wallbreaker. i also dont think sd is worthy of a set and you seem to have convinced yourself that sd incinium z is the best option for this pokemon. a lot of the information you've presented here implies a lack of metagame knowledge (listing armaldo as a hazard remover while neglecting things like golbat, mentioning ludicolo over whimsicott and rotom-c, etc.) and i'd prefer to have this analysis written by someone more familiar with the assault vest set. formatting is also off throughout the analysis.
I actually wasn't aware of AV being a set until earlier today when talking to Quiziel who told me to add it, which highly confused me. I apologize for the poor analysis lol

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, but this has to be reassigned. Between your lack of experience with AV Incineroar, misunderstanding its niche, and extremely minimal detail in most sections, this just doesn't meet the standards of quality or metagame knowledge necessary for this analysis. Your Overview, usage tips, and team options are all very generic and don't tell me a single thing that makes Incineroar unique from any other attacker in the tier. What does it check? What does it have over other Fire- or Dark-types? What makes its unique qualities useful? Those questions are all for the Overview alone and you answer none of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)