Infernape missing magic coat in his movelist

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
When PO was first up, many pokemon who weren't supposed to have magic coat in their movelist had it due to some mix up. I was told that the pokemon who were listed as learning magic coat on serebii, smogon, etc, did not actually learn the move. They learned role play via move tutor instead. And the pokemon who learned role play via move tutor actually learned magic coat.

So for pokemon like machamp, ninetales, hitmontop, etc, magic coat was replaced for role play in their movelists. However, looking at the movelists again, Infernape learns BOTH magic coat and role play on serebii. I don't currently have an infernape in my Heart Gold, so I can't make sure, but shouldn't he have magic coat in his movelist too? Was this actually tested in game?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Serebii lists every Pokemon that learns Magic Coat as also learning Role Play currently (see Porygon-Z or Probopass for example). Something is obviously wrong with their database.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Veekun data is 100% ripped from the game, with the English games out (HGSS) they re-ripped and got the english-move# correlation.

Veekun should be correct.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
No, I have spoken to Eevee, the 4th gen tutors were not ripped by them (unless this changed in the last few months), I've also found a very minor error with the 3rd gen tutors there (Def Curl Glalie). The Magic Coat/Role Play issue has been tested in game and fixed on PO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)