Infernape

FOCUS PUNCH? FOCUS PUNCH? Seriusly?Why the hell not just use Close Combat Twice which does like over 9000 more dammage...And GIR Infernape might stay OU virtue of the Lead however.Kinda like how machamp took over Lucario simply by lead action..Its not THAT hard for a poke like Nape to stay top 50 i suppose.Noobs should help in that respect as well.

I've recently been using a Lead Infernape on PO. So far, he's been doing really well, usually taking out at least one poke, and very often preventing SR. I'm sure he fails in a bunch of ways, it's my own set, but I'd like to see what you guys think.

HeroApe@Focus Sash
Ability: Iron Fist
Nature: Adamant(+Atk/-SpAtk)
EVs: 252 Speed/252 Atk/ 4 Def
Moves:
~ Fake Out
~ Fire Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Mach Punch

It's pretty simple. First turn, Fake Out anything that doesn't have inner focus. Second, use either FP or TP to hit whatever's in at the moment as hard as you can. Third, if they aren't dead, MP to finish em. Or another FP/TP. Whatever, point is, this thing kills. Erufuun Leads do not like Fake Out or Mach Punch. Hell, nothing really does when it comes from Adamant Ape. Focus Sash ensures that unless they are faster than you AND have priority, you'll at least get in 3 hits. That's if they stay in. For leads where you're certain you won't kill them in time to stop their SR, I usually just switch to my Espeon, then back to Lead Ape

I don't know. It's really hard to show how useful this set is for me. My Infernape deals with Nattorei and Burunkeru easily. If they don't switch out Nat(for some reason), Fire Punch kills it. Burunkeru thinks he can switch in safely, but Thunder Punch really puts a dent it him

Infernape isn't exactly outclassed by Blaziken.

He has immediate higher speed; He has a bigger movepool; He is not a Skill Swap victim, He is not ug- I mean, He is awesome.

Lower attack really won't be so significant. Look at Lucario. His Special attack is higher than his Attack. Then why would people run more physical sets?

In offensive and Defensive stats, 10 points isn't really significant, unlike Speed.

With Burungeru and Shanderra running around, the converage moves will provide a lot of usefulness.

Iron Fist is generally better than Blaze all the time.

This guy also has another magic speed number; slap a Choice Scarf on it and it'll revenge a hell lot of things, like all the dragons (If the Latis use Choice scarf instead of Soul Dew I'll slap myself)

I'm not seeing this get any more use than Blaziken, but they are not too different on the whole.

I'm using:

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Timid / Blaze
64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Vacuum Wave

Serves as my Doryuuzu check and as a generally useful sweeper.

He has immediate higher speed; He has a bigger movepool; He is not a Skill Swap victim, He is not ug- I mean, He is awesome.

Lower attack really won't be so significant. Look at Lucario. His Special attack is higher than his Attack. Then why would people run more physical sets?

In offensive and Defensive stats, 10 points isn't really significant, unlike Speed.

With Burungeru and Shanderra running around, the converage moves will provide a lot of usefulness.

This guy also has another magic speed number; slap a Choice Scarf on it and it'll revenge a hell lot of things, like all the dragons (If the Latis use Choice scarf instead of Soul Dew I'll slap myself)

I'm not seeing this get any more use than Blaziken, but they are not too different on the whole.
how does infernape revenge the lati twins? =/ max attack naive u-turn does 52.5%-62.4% to 0/0 latios, even less to latias. uturn/shadow claw is the strongest move ape can use vs either of them since both its stabs are resisted.
Just for fun 252 spatk Naive HP Ice does a laughable 27.2-32.5% to 0/0 soul dew latios

Bullshit
Well yes we can see he has immediate speed.Not really much of a bigger movepool as its basicly Stealth rock and Mach Punch while the later is completely useless as in a turn or two you'l outspeed everything anyway.
Did that even make any sense?What does Lucario using Attack have anything to do with that?We're comparing pokemon not wether Attack or Special Attack is the superior option.And the reason is pretty much Extreeme speed and access to Swords Dance (Now he gets Nasty plot but thats not the point).But for Infernape and Blaiziken lets put a simple SD set.
Infernape @ Life orb
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 def
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Fire Punch
Stone edge/Thunder punch.
As to...
Blaiziken @ Life orb
Adamant/Jolly
252 Atk/252 spe/4 def
Swords Dance
Hi jump Kick
Fire punch
Stone edge
If it was something like Infernape had something it can do or learn that makes it usable even if it has that lower attack then that would be logical.But they use exactly same set and Blaiziken can even run Adamant which gives it even MORE power.So why the fuck would i use Infernape?

Free stats never hurts.Helps a lot taking priority hits from stuff like Scizor (Who cant 2hk0 you now) and just generally helpful setting up which is quite hard with these guys as they basicly dieing to Caterpie Tackles.
Coverage moves?U mean Grass knot?
Its still a dumb ability.Does like what?20% More?
Well its obviously fucking obvious that Soul dew is going in about 10 days.And...
Naive 252 Attack Infernapes Close Combat Vs 0/0 Garchomp =50.1-58.7%.
Dont make me get Lati@s calcs.

Damn right.Take that shit to UU.
Replies in bold =]

Even if Infernape was entirely outclassed by Blaziken (which it's not of course, Infernape has Nasty Plot and is a better lead with Fake Out and Stealth Rock) it still wouldn't go to UU.
I mean even Umbreon couldn't manage to get sent to UU and Infernape is hardly as badly off as Umbreon was.

I agree with Groshi here, Blaziken will take over 'Nape's role but that doesn't mean the latter will fall into disuse anytime soon, maybe a 'low OU' like Weavile, Heracross, etc. It does have more immediate speed, which is not to be underestimated, and Taunt is an invaluable move agaisnt walls.

Just one thing though, 'Nape isn't even getting the slightest chance against the Latis, you'll have to slap yourself even if they hold Macho Brace.

^Why taunt when you can ohk0 99.9% Walls (*Cough* Tentacruel *Cough*) ass?And not enough moveslots to have it in the Lead set.Kinda useless for nape tbh.

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know, but Mach Punch kind of loses its usefulness on any set that's not a revenge killer, and the Choice Scarf set, which outspeeds everything it needs to, can hit harder. And Blaziken just ups its speed at the end of the turn, so it can outspeed scarfers trying to KO it. I merely pointed out Vacuum Wave because Blaziken can do basically the same thing Infernape can with its higher special attack.

Blaziken and Infernape are better suited for different roles, people. Just cuz the Chicken gets SB doesn't make it a better choice period. A better sweeper, maybe. But Infernape rocks as a lead. Fake Out, Mach Punch, Close Combat, STEALTH ROCK. Nape doesn't have Speed Boost, but he didn't NEED it. He does just fine still.

Keep in mind, Blaziken has to protect to get that boost. That wastes a moveslot. If they don't, they risk getting KOed

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Blaziken gets raped by ditto. Infernape is still going to be better than Blaziken this gen, because people are going to be expecting the same old Blaziken.

SD
Blaze Kick
High Jump Kick
Coverage Move

With the Bug/Moth thing running around, there's gonna be a lot of aqua jets running around and blaziken can't take a hit from. Infernape may have weaker defenses, but it has priority of its own if its setting up, or it can just switch out after it dent something. Blaziken does 0 damage while setting up (disregarding entry hazards). And if it doesn't set up, it can't do anything to the walls it can 1hko/2hko after Swords Dance.

While Infernape can run Choice Scarf, Band, NP, SD, pure attacking. I didn't mention a lead since it's obvious if infernape is going to be a lead. HOWEVER, Zoroark and infernape have good synergy together and you can trick your opponent into thinking they're up against a lead infernape instead of a zoroark.

Overall it doesnt matter in the end who is better, because they'll probably both be OU. Infernape's movepool is too vast for it to be outclassed by any pokemon.

breh

強いだね
Well... just one thing I want to note, Blaziken does not outlclass it for two reasons - nasty plot and Close combat. While NP seems obvious, you may be thinking, "Why CC? HJK on Blaziken is better!" However, HJK's side effect is really really bad. One ghost switch in and you have just lost a massive 50% of your HP.

Plus Ape is still a decent lead IMO.

Bliziken is more scary and scary overall with just one set (Swords Dance. Mixed is also good). That is Blaziken's advantage... as well as it's disvantage.

Infernape is WAY more versatile, and can do many jobs Blaziken can't.
That said, Iron Fist is a nice addition (not the best, but more reliable than Blaze) to it's arsenal. Nasty Plot is still as deadly as ever.

Keep in mind, Blaziken has to protect to get that boost. That wastes a moveslot. If they don't, they risk getting KOed
Lol dont believe those nabs and there shit ass way of playing Blaiziken.Theres no way in hell you neeed Protect to play Blaiziken.Its not that hard to get boosts without wasting a moveslot for it.

Lol dont believe those nabs and there shit ass way of playing Blaiziken.Theres no way in hell you neeed Protect to play Blaiziken.Its not that hard to get boosts without wasting a moveslot for it.
Let's see, what can infernape counter that Blaziken can't if it doesn't have protect...

252 Spe Shaymin w/ Earth Power
252 Spe Mew
252 Spe Gliscor
252 Spe Gyarados @ +0 w/ Grass Knot sometimes

Pretty much anything under 105 Base Speed.

What does Blaziken force out:
Skarmory
Bronzong
Forretress
Nattorrei
Swampert? No.
Machamp? No.
Cresselia? Hell No.
Breloom? Not behind a sub

Honestly, I'd rather use infernape so I'm not forced to utilize protect and waste a coverage/boosting moveslot.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Just run them both; A ChoiceApe of your choice (hur) to soften up counters and checks, and Blaziken to pick up the pieces with either Swords Dance, Claw Sharpen, or Substitute. A sort of miniature SalaRay.

I think people should keep in mind that it looks very likely that smogon won't be allowing DW pokes until they are released, and we haven't had any news of a Blaziken release yet from Nintendo. I'm not try to say that you shouldn't discuss SB Blaziken, because it could happen, just know it may not so that you don't die from shock if it doesn't get released. Also, noob life, you really need to calm down a bit.

I think people forget that Infernape (will get) the Iron Fist ability and (has) Mach Punch, perhaps a revenge killer set could be designed?

breh

強いだね
I think people should keep in mind that it looks very likely that smogon won't be allowing DW pokes until they are released, and we haven't had any news of a Blaziken release yet from Nintendo. I'm not try to say that you shouldn't discuss SB Blaziken, because it could happen, just know it may not so that you don't die from shock if it doesn't get released. Also, noob life, you really need to calm down a bit.
It's a starter; it's not that unlikely that it'll be fast to be released. But otherwise, some servers have just allowed all pokemon/their abilities for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)