SM OU Inferno Scarf Emboar (Balance)

I know this pokemon come from the NU but I chose Emboar to surprise the OU for today.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability:Reckless
Ev:252 Atk, 4Def, 252 Spe
Nature:Jolly
-Flare Blitz
-Superpower
-Wild Charge
-Sucker Punch

I chose Emboar to surprise in Over Used, it can outspeed at least the pokemon that have 100 base stat in speed.Flare Blitz the general STAB little OHKO Volcarona, what it surprised me.Superpower the second STAB that allows OHKO Tyranitar and 50% chance OHKOing Defensif Heatran.Wild Charge can counter the water type, but the only thing about the matchup against Gyarados after being set up it outspeed the choice scarf.Sucker punch is the last useless moveset but it can touch ghost or psychic type like, Gengar, Alakazam, ...

252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 322-379 (103.5 - 121.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 402-474 (133.5 - 157.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 132+ Def Celesteela: 356-420 (89.4 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Emboar Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 696-820 (204.1 - 240.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Emboar Superpower vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar-Mega: 532-628 (156 - 184.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Emboar Superpower vs. 212 HP / 44 Def Heatran: 344-408 (91.4 - 108.5%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

Mega Medicham @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Ev:252Atk, 4Def, 252Spe
Nature:Jolly
-Fake Out
-High Jump Kick

-Ice Punch
-Zen Headbutt

I took Mega Medicham for that jolly nature and not adamant with Pure Power it can hurt very much. Thank's Fake Out the Priority move it can make a free turn after the flinch.Jump Kick are powerful STAB, allows to give big damage but the damage of recoil can happen if miss it with it is 90% of accuracy.I chose Ice Punch and why not Thunder Punch because it can counter Landoruns-T , Dragonite, ... but what a disadvantage by Electric Surge of Tapu Koko.And Zen Headbutt is another STAB that can flinch to 20%

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability:Regenerator
Ev:252HP, 28Def, 228SpD
Nature:Sassy
-Giga Drain

-Knock off
-Hidden Power [Fire]

-Earthquake

Tangrowth is a good counter against Keldeo Scarf, for the case of Emboar.
Giga Drain allows to recover HP, and more Regenerator can recover HP once switched.Knock off is very excellent to counter Chansey Eviolite, Hidden Power Fire allows to surprise the Steel Type, and Earthquake can make a maximum of damage against Tapu Koko or surprise Heatran.

Landorus-T @ Rocky Helmet
Ability:Itimidate
Ev:252HP, 216Def, 24SpD, 16 Spe
Nature:Impish
-Stealth Rock

-Earthquake
-Hidden Power [Ice]
-U-Turn

As a Sthealt Rock i chose Landorus-T thank to this very great versatility.U-turn allows to switch once the Stealth Rock is posed.Hidden Power Ice can surprise the Dragon Type like Dragonite, and Salamence who have this double weakness.Earthquake this general STAB wich give max damage pay attention to the Flying-Type they are immune.and U-turn in case of difficulty if there is no possibility.

Celesteela @ Flynium Z
Ability:Beast Boost
Ev:4Def/252SpA/252Spe
Nature:Modest
-Autotomize

-Air Slash
-Fire Blast
-Giga Drain

Thanks to Beast boost Celesteela can win a boost in Sp.At, in addition with Flynium Z (Supersonic Skystrike) allows to hit big damage. Air Slash allows flinch and come on Mega Venusaur or Tangrowth.Giga Drain give back more or less correct HP, and Fire Blast allows OHKOing Ferrothorn or Mega Scizor after the set up of Autotomize.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability:Pressure
EV:248HP, 240Def, 20Spe
Nature:Bold
-Discharge

-Roost
-Heat Wave
-Defog

Zapdos is another pretty good Defoger from me because he can counter Mega Pinsir with Discharge, Heat Wave can burn the opponent with 10% chance, Roost can allow to recover from HP but watch out for Earth Power or Earthquake.Defog remove the Hazards like Stealht Rock, Spike, Toxic, ... in short it's not like Tapu Fini
I am sincerely sorry because I have no replay on this team, if wanted to change things in this team do not hesitate it will be nice. and in addition here is the importable team as promised. ;)

Importable team

Emboar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Sucker Punch

Medicham-Mega (F) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Tangrowth (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Teclis

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Hello, pretty cool team, Emboar definitly has a niche in Overused and the fighting spam core formed with Medicham sounds good as well. That being said, I have some tips to make it even better.

• First of all, I don't see why you are using HP Ice on Tangrowth, since most of your team can take care of Steel types such as Mega Scizor, so I simply suggest you to use HP Ice instead in order to hit mons like Landorus-T, Zygarde, etc, which are always annoying for fighting types (eventhough you already have Ice Punch Medi and HP Ice Lando.
  • Then I advise you to use Greninja > Zapdos. Why do you ask ? Because you don't really have to care about Hazards with you fighting base core, but you really want to have some layers of spikes and the likes to wear down annoying Pokémons such as Toxapex. It also forms a nice FWG with Emboar and Tangrowth, and can lure some of its defensive checks with Extrasensory (see the set below). You don't really loose that much defensive utility with Zapdos, since you can infact check Pinsir with Celesteela, and it does not have any free switch in game. If you really have issues afterwards you can try to catch it offguard with Rock Slide Tangrowth I guess.
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Extrasensory
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam

Hope I helped, sorry for the english mistakes, and have a nice day on Smogon otherwise :]

• Then I advise you to use Greninja > Zapdos. Why do you ask ? Because you don't really have to care about Hazards with you fighting base core, but you really want to have some layers of spikes and the likes to wear down annoying Pokémons such as Toxapex. It also forms a nice FWG with Emboar and Tangrowth, and can lure some of its defensive checks with Extrasensory (see the set below). You don't really loose that much defensive utility with Zapdos, since you can infact check Pinsir with Celesteela, and it does not have any free switch in game. If you really have issues afterwards you can try to catch it offguard with Rock Slide Tangrowth I guess.
I tested this i tollaly agree with that thank you for the advice in any case. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)