Infinite Crisis

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Purely devil's advocate here because I love those games, not everyone respects Smash Brothers as a fighting game. To say the least, it's a very unique fighting game and it's really limiting to expect other 2d or 3d fighters to work the same way. What works for one format does not necessarily work for another. You're also really limiting your palate.

As for being user-friendly, Smash Bros Melee is the only fighting game I've ever gone to competitions playing and I can safely it's a hell of a lot harder to learn than Street Fighter.

No TRUE fighting game isn't Street Fighter or Marvel with different stuff in it. (this is mostly a joke)

As for being user-friendly, Smash Bros Melee is the only fighting game I've ever gone to competitions playing and I can safely it's a hell of a lot harder to learn than Street Fighter.
Actually I prefer Brawl mainly because of how technical Melee forces you to be.

Smash is not a fighter because of how different it is. It's (melee) still a good game and people like you who think smash is an easy game only insult it. All games are difficult at high levels and pretending smash has no executional difficulty is a very superficial view of the game. Smash combo videos are as difficult and impressive as traditional fighters. Thinking they are more or less difficult is wrong.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Man I don't hate Brawl at all but you have very strange difficulty expectations for someone who plays a lot of fighting games.

Smash is not a fighter because of how different it is. It's (melee) still a good game and people like you who think smash is an easy game only insult it. All games are difficult at high levels and pretending smash has no executional difficulty is a very superficial view of the game. Smash combo videos are as difficult and impressive as traditional fighters. Thinking they are more or less difficult is wrong.
I think you're misunderstanding. I'm talking about skill floors. Like, when you just start out. If we're talking about skill ceilings than I'd definitely say that Smash's are at least as high as the next fighter's.

Man I don't hate Brawl at all but you have very strange difficulty expectations for someone who plays a lot of fighting games.
It's not about difficulty, I just don't like very technical stuff. In Brawl, you don't need to master the controls to beat your opponent as long as you can predict and react and properly space yourself. My problem with other fighters is that the technical stuff is a definite requirement, the game basically tells you "you have to be good at this to be good at everything else", but Brawl isn't like that. Sure, it has advanced technical stuff like DACUS and Glide Tossing, but you don't have to master those because the things with higher execution requirements are not things you're going all the time (with most characters). Whereas other fighters are like "you have to be good at this to be good at everything else", Brawl is more like "you don't have to be that good at this if you're good at everything else."

If that makes any sense.

Someone mentioned that they wanted a Marvel vs. DC MOBA, I said I'd rather have a fighter but not by Midway or Capcom, and someone else disagreed with my reasoning.

Also I got REALLY mad at Hal Jordan.

the real question is will mad mod be in this moba
Maybe if they have the animated series' join in as alternate universes, we could have Mad Mod from the cartoon and maybe even DCAU Mr. Freeze. I want that so bad I legitimately almost cried tears of joy just from the thought.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)