1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

infraction piggybacking

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by chaos, Aug 9, 2007.

1. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

I think before infracting we need to check to see if they already have an infraction from a previous moderator for the same thing. The problem is when someone new comes in and posts a bunch of dumb RMT stuff in a big session, and gets infracted for each post before he actually has a chance to read his PM about breaking the rules.

So basically:

a) If they have an infraction for breaking the rules dated AFTER the post you want to infract, don't infract, just delete the post.
    b) If they break the rules again after that infraction, they've had a chance to read their PM and all bets are off. Hit them for "stupidity."

edit: if it's really really bad, hit them for stupidity ONCE for the first infraction instead of a warning one.
  2. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

3. Kumar

Kumar
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I agree, otherwise they can pile up 6 infraction points quickly for the same mistake before they've had the chance to understand what they did wrong.
  5. gene

gene GENE
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

6. david stone

david stone Fast-moving, smart, sexy and alarming.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

7. Phuquoph

Phuquoph
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

8. Roy

Roy sux
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

9. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

10. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

11. Arkeis

Arkeis (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (formerly aragornbird)
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

12. alex

alex the best stuff on earth
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

lol (read)
  13. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Yeah, I have been trying to do this, Me and Jump infracted BLJ simultaneously in the same thread once and he got banned for that..

Have a nice day.
  14. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

read. i think i was guilty of this.
  15. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

16. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

yeppers
  17. Carl

Carl or Varl
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

alright.. i try to do a bit of research anyway before i do moderating of any sort so i'll add this to the list
  18. Misty

Misty oh
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Not too difficult, the infraction screen shows you if the user already has any points, if they do just move to stupidity.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)