Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by KAIZA

Welcome to Inheritance, a metagame I thought of while the submissions were closed.

Led by:
  • AllJokesAside
  • Chopin Alkaninoff
  • lcass4919
Viability Rankings

Any Pokemon in the metagame can "inherit" the moves and ability from a certain Pokemon. It has to inherit both the moves and the ability. You may only use the moves and ability from that Pokemon, so you lose your own (Unless you choose to inherit your own moves/ability). The game will just check if there's any Pokemon with it as a legal combination.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat / Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch / Double Edge

This Pinsir inherits from Lucario. Lucario gets the threatening Extreme Speed that Mega Pinsir can abuse after it mega-evolves with Aerilate. It also has good coverage moves for the Flying type in Close Combat and Earthquake. Both hit important checks to Mega Pinsir. Swords Dance is obviously to raise your attack for even stronger attacks. Ice Punch is for coverage against Flying types, especially Ground/Flying types. You can also use Double Edge if you want a stronger STAB move. The EV's are to maximize your speed and attack. You could use less speed, but it makes you more reliant on Extreme Speed. Justified is chosen so that you get a boost if you switch in on a Knock Off, which is one of the best moves in the game currently. You'd think Genesect would be a better choice because it gets Download, but it has bad physical coverage alongside Extreme Speed.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Scald

This Keldeo inherits from Primal Kyogre. Heavy Rain in addition to Choice Specs makes this thing hit incredibly hard, especially with Water Spout. It's rain won't even go away until it switches out or until a Desolate Land or Delta Stream Pokemon gets on the field. Thunder and Ice Beam are for coverage that hit everything at least neutrally except Shedinja. Scald is for a reliable STAB move if you're lower on HP. Surf can be used too but Scald is nice for the burn chance against checks.
This got banned.

Additional Rules and Clarifications:
- You CAN inherit from Mega Evolutions and Primal De-Evolutions.
- Mega's lose their inherited ability upon Mega-Evolving.
- You may inherit unreleased abilities.
- Inheriting Wonder Guard, Pure Power, Huge Power, Gale Wings, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, Imposter, Parental Bond or inheriting from Masquerain, Smeargle or Sableye is banned.
- Assist, Slaking, Regigigas, Shedinja, Keldeo, Archeops, Hoopa-U, Blazikenite and Kyurem Black are banned. Additionally, Chatter is banned.
- Aegislash, Blaziken, Deoxys Defense, Genesect, Greninja and Lucarionite are unbanned.
- You do not have to inherit. If you don't you stay the same as normal. This means you can use banned abilities.
- OU Clauses and the Donor Clause. This prevents two or more Pokemon on a team inheriting from the same evolutionary line.

Last edited:
I should post this here

Archeops @ filler
Speed Boost
-Brave Bird
-High Jump Kick
-Fire Punch/Flare Blitz/Blaze Kick/Knock Off
-Rock Slide/Stone Edge

you might wanna remove speed boost.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor

Togekiss @ Power Herb
Abillity: Fairy Aura
196 HP / 252 SpA / 54 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock / Focus Blast / Hidden Power Fire
- Geomancy

(Inheriting from Xerneas) Lawl

canno

formerly The Reptile
This is a pretty neat meta

Blaziken (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Stone Edge / Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick
- Earthquake / Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick
- Protect / Flare Blitz / High Jump Kick

Oh baby. Blaziken is, interestingly enough, the only mon that gets Brave Bird and Stone Edge. It also gives Aerodactyl Speed Boost. I know what you're thinking though. "Why not just use Archeops!?" And the answer to that it Mega Aerodactyl. Megaero can ignore inheritance and go for Tough Claws - it's not like Aerodactyl is lacking in the speed department, although Speed Boost does let you get at least +1 Speed, which just prevents scarf from revenging. TC Brave Birds hurt like hell, and it gets some nifty coverage moves like Flare Blitz and HJK. While EQ does provide really good coverage, it doesn't get the TC boost like HJK and Flare Blitz do. Hell you could slip in SD somewhere and go for sweep. Mega Aerodactyl is very happy with this meta.

Also you might want to ban Protean, because you get shit like

Kecleon (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature / Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot / Knock Off / Recover

I just chose Latios, but you can literally use any fast special attacker with Kecleon. Hell you can even use a physical attacker and get decent results. You can also use Greninja, who doesn't get the same great special movepool but has that great mixed movepool with gems like Gunk Shot and Low Kick.

MAMP

MAMP!
Nidoking (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

ayy lmoa

EDIT:
Kangaskhan-Mega (Dragonite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Parental Bond
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Crunch

ayyyy

Last edited:
Heck you can do something like this

Houndoom @Houndoomite
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP
Modest/Timid Nature
Fire Blast
Dark Pulse
Solarbeam
Nasty Plot

Basically Standard NP Mega Houndoom but with drought which he inherts from either ninetales or mega charizard y

Also

Swampert@Swampertite
Ability:Drizzle
EVs: 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Defense
Quiet Nature
Waterfall
Earthquake
Ice Punch
Superpower
This is Mega Swampert but with drizzle which he inherts from politoad or kyogre

One question. Can the poke chose to not inherit anything at all? Will Azumarill with its original Huge Power and movepool still banned?
Also:

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Keen Eye
Modest/Timid nature
- Agility
- Nasty Plot
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave

Inherit from Chatot. Agility make it into sweeper, Nasty Plot into wallbreaking.

Landorus-T @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant/Jolly nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Inherit from Mega Salamence.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
oh my god yes making a team right now on aqua. whoever codes in aqua should put this on there considering its a pretty simple code. Regardless, if you want a battle message me on aqua.

Also fur coat ban?

Last edited:
My first thoughts are that this is as close as one can get to BH without making it a variation of BH. That being said I absolutely love it. I'll edit this later so the post isn't just taking up space in the thread.

Edit:
At first I immediately thought that this meta would be extremely offensively oriented, especially with such sets as included in the OP(Read: Mega-Pinsir). However, this change also distributes some of the most incredible abilities and movepools defensively to pokemon that can actually utilize them.

Examples:

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Substitute/Dazzling Gleam/Shadow Ball/Thunder Wave

The thing about this set is it's simply an upgrade from it's levitate CM set. It loses out on ice beam but becomes so much harder to bring down; being immune to status. Granted, the offensive buffs in this meta are sure to even things out, but the utility that Cresselia gains from Magic Bounce is enormous.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
- Seismic Toss

This monster with any form of recovery has been proven an incredibly difficult beast to take down. I'm personally not even sure if Sableye is the best donor (that's what I'll call it) for Maggron, as most anything can do (seriously, type /ds recovery in chat right now, do it I'm telling you) but prankster wisp seemed invaluable on it's first turn as it megas.

Umbreon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
Note: U-turn and Taunt are options as well

Gen V for me at least, brought one of the coolest abilities to OM stall. Poison Heal not only provides recovery, but an immunity to status. The best donor for this wondrous ability in my opinion - even though Breloom gets Leech Seed and Spore - is Gliscor, just for the one advantage of having Roost instead of passive recovery. Umbreon is what appealed to me most in making this set because of the limited offensive choices Gliscor can offer its recipients. Other options could be Hippowdon (O.o), Tyranitar, or Swampert.

The other incredible abilities that every mon can now have that provide stall an enormous buff are Unaware, Magic Guard, Solid Rock/Filter, abilities that provide type-immunities, Thick Fat, Multiscale, Marvel Scale, Intimidate, Rough Skin/Iron Barbs, Sturdy, Regenerator, and (*winks*) Fur Coat.

Overall this promises to be a very balanced and fun meta. It's only problem, in my opinion is shared with Tier Shift, in that there are just so many viable mons from the looks of it. Good job though, keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Masquerain (Slowbro) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Scald
- Roost
- Filler

Do I need to explain this? (Yes I know the EVs are probably terribad)

Victini (Charizard) @ Charizardite-X
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Filler

See above note.

Spinda (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Assist

Victini
Ability: Victory Star
- V-create

gg (except flash fire, id lose if that happened)
give that Entei Superpower, Return, and switcheroo (troll those stall pokes)

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
give that Entei Superpower, Return, and switcheroo (troll those stall pokes)
The point of the set is that you inherit Contrary + Assist from Spinda, and you can spam Banded Contrary V-Creates because Assist will always call V-Create with only Victini in your team. If you also use Superpower and Return, you might also call those moves with Assist and that is not something you want

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Breloom(Snorlax) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Facade
- ThunderPunch
- Protect/spore

have fun :]
seriously though, i dont think i need to tell anyone why this set is good.

The point of the set is that you inherit Contrary + Assist from Spinda, and you can spam Banded Contrary V-Creates because Assist will always call V-Create with only Victini in your team. If you also use Superpower and Return, you might also call those moves with Assist and that is not something you want
No, assist doesn't call your own moves. Those moves are also inherited, and they pair up nicely.

Why did you think that Assist would call those moves? I got the point of the set.

Another pokemon taken straight from AAA:

Skarmory (Talonflame) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Steel Wing/Flare Blitz

This looks like an amazing sweeper:

Lopunny (Lucario) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Justified
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

And this:

Archeops @ Life Orb
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Ascent
- V-create
- ExtremeSpeed

Safe to assume inheriting from Pokémon with hard-coded abilities (Cherrim, Aegislash, Castform, Arceus, zen Darm) is illegal...

I think Parental Bond is worth noting if nothing else; every Pokémon gets access to Power-Up Punch and Sucker Punch for sweeping, Seismic Toss for an easy 200 damage, Super Fang for an easy reduction to 1/4 HP EDIT: Kanga does not get Super Fang naturally; sorry for the misinformation, or Icy Wind/Rock Tomb/Bulldoze for an easy -2 Speed on the opponent (heck, even Mud-slap for a quick -2 accuracy). Lack of recovery outside of Rest and/or Drain Punch hurts, but still.

Also:

Machamp (Hawlucha) @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- filler (Ice Punch?)

Fastest abuser of STAB No Guard Dynamic Punch.

Too much setup? Try this:

Quagsire (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs/Nature: ???
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- filler (Haze?)

Or this:

Swoobat (Escavalier) @ Leftovers
EVs/Nature: ??? (-Speed)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- U-turn / Toxic
- Roost
- Knock Off / Toxic

Seriously, why does Swoobat get Gyro Ball...

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Download
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Shift Gear
- Blaze Kick
- Substitute / random coverage

I actually prefer Gene over lucario for pinsir, not just because of download, but because of the bulk shift gear provides. Shift Gear extremespeed is actually useful since there will be many mons such as this floating around waiting to revenge kill the setup versions of themselves. This wipes by them with shift gear. Genesect's physical movepool is suprisingly shallow outside of this, however, so this pinsir doesn't have the greatest coverage in the world.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: justified
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Filler (there is very little of use here)

Ofc scrappy espeed would be a thing in this meta. Good revenge killer in general.

Aggron @ Aggronite
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Def / Sdef / 4 Atk
Impish / careful nature
- Roost
- Use whatever the fuck you want

EIther masquerain or Salamence or Staraptor have this simple combo that fucks with offense to the extreme (I already regret this post)

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Encore
- Leech Seed
- Taunt
- Memento

Whimsicott just got a whole lot better in transferring to ferrothorn. Sure it can't do much damage, but this thing is nearly impossible to kill and can bring a ton of momentum as well.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Return
- Roost

Salamence-Mega can pass Aerilate and roost to landorus-therian, along with dragon dance, allowing it to be a fearsome sweeper. Life orb is really optional because of all the possible walls (see intimidate mega aggron), but can provide a quick little power boost.

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 188 Def / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Agility
- Boomburst
- Roost

Quick stallbreaker from chatot that I am sure sucks ass but I don't care. This thing screams power, as that LO boosted base 140 power stab is going to hurt like hell no matter what you do.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Greninja = Sex. This thing is basically just like greninja, but much, much more powerful.

Good passers:
--- Lucario - Extremespeed, swords dance, nasty plot, and fuckloads of coverage make this a great passer in general.
--- Greninja - for both physical and special sets, it has tons of coverage and protean works great.
--- Rampardos - Suprised right? Rampardos has sheer force and a very expansive special movepool to pass, including earth power, ice beam, focus blast, flamethrower, thunderbolt, and more. The main niche it has over other sheer force abusers, however, is rock polish, allowing a quick boost to sweep some teams.
--- Blaziken - Passing speed boost and that movepool is very useful, although be selective because the walls in this meta will be bulky as fuck.
--- Victini - V-create alone makes this thing an amazing passer
will be added to possibly...

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Safe to assume inheriting from Pokémon with hard-coded abilities (Cherrim, Aegislash, Castform, Arceus, zen Darm) is illegal...

I think Parental Bond is worth noting if nothing else; every Pokémon gets access to Power-Up Punch and Sucker Punch for sweeping, Seismic Toss for an easy 200 damage, Super Fang for an easy reduction to 1/4 HP, or Icy Wind/Rock Tomb/Bulldoze for an easy -2 Speed on the opponent (heck, even Mud-slap for a quick -2 accuracy). Lack of recovery outside of Rest and/or Drain Punch hurts, but still..
i wouldnt say illegal, more like "having a useless ability" akin to running "run away" or whatnot. also yeah, ive tried sub pup drain punch and rock slide Pbond terrak, and its a monster.

Yeah I think Parental Bond should just be quickbanned along with the powers and other banned abilties. Every physical attacker suddenly becomes way too strong, and even special attacks are good with kan's decent special movepool.

Protean is something else that I think should be banned relatively quickly. The coverage Kecleon gets alongside Protean is ridiculous.

Aqua Tail
Drain Punch / Low Kick
Fire Blast / Flamethrower / Fire Punch
Fake Out
Sucker Punch / Knock Off
Grass Knot
Ice Beam / Ice Punch
Thunderbolt
Rock Slide
Iron Tail
Shadow Claw / Shadow Sneak

Pretty much a Protean Pokemon's wet dream really. Sort of asking to be spammed.

Last edited:
The lack of stall suggestions here disturbs me.

Florges @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk
+Def -Atk Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Toxic
- Protect

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
+Def -Spe Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Volt Switch

and lel instaban

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Wonder Guard
+Def -Spe Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Wonder Guard
+Def -Spe Nature
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Inheriting Wonder Guard, Pure Power, Huge Power, Shadow Tag, Imposter or anything from Smeargle is banned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)