Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Oh gawd, Medicham inheriting from Rayquaza... Well, on the bright side, it will almost definetly OHKO a Chansey version.
Actually, a better thing to inherit from for Medicham would be Scrafty. It would be Intimidate or Moxie pre mega, and get most moves Medicham already has, like High Jump Kick and Zen Headbutt, but gets new toys to play with, like Knock Off and Dragon Dance.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
if chansey is giving you problems, here's a niche counter you can easily fit on your team:

Snorlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Swords Dance/defog/earthquake/toxic/protect/baton pass/whatever you want really.

after testing breloom with lax, i decided after seeing some amazing results with another person using gliscor, that i would try it too, and needless to say, its bulky as fuck. the evs are the typical "curselax" but since lax lacks curse, its more of a "offensive wall/pivot then anything, the ivs and nature are the kicker, snorlax is slower then chansey, and therefore, it will outslow chansey, preventing it from doing anything to lax, and lax doesnt fear burns/taunt due to poison heals recovery. facade hits deceptively hard even if uninvested, and knock off gives good coverage, only missing out on 2 pokes iirc. roost is obviously for recovery. and the last move....is really up to preference. if you need a defogger, lax can do it, if you need a stallbreaker, swords dance/taunt/toxic can work, if you want a pivot, baton pass works wonders, and if you just want to troll, protect works too. i was wondering why chansey was so big of a deal, but then i realised i was using a counter to it the whole time. lel. though i can see why taunt, will o, recover, metal burst could be deceptively annoying.

Does Meloetta-P count as a seperate Pokemon, or are you forced to run it with Relic Song Meloetta-A?

If so, you could run a set like this:

Meloetta @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Knock Off
- Superpower

from Crawdaunt.

252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Meloetta-P Superpower vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 894-1055 (139.2 - 164.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Meloetta-P Frustration vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Florges: 263-309 (73.2 - 86%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Meloetta-P Superpower vs. 212 HP / 252 Def Fur Coat Rhyperior: 221-263 (52.1 - 62%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Iron Head
- Defog

Why has nobody mentioned this yet... Ho-Oh makes it basically the bane of any physical attacker's existence, and can switch into any of lando-t or mega pinsirs stabs, which are all over the place atm. Its also really good as a defogger, and not even special attackers appreciate a burn too much.

The only thing lando-t can do to it is this:

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 266-314 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, you can scout which move lando will lock itself into and go into the specific counter/check that takes care of it. Sorry this post is short its just that its really late atm and i just wanted to make a quick writeup before sleep.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Iron Head
- Defog

Why has nobody mentioned this yet... Ho-Oh makes it basically the bane of any physical attacker's existence, and can switch into any of lando-t or mega pinsirs stabs, which are all over the place atm. Its also really good as a defogger, and not even special attackers appreciate a burn too much.

252+ Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 266-314 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

However, you can scout which move lando will lock itself into and go into the specific counter/check that takes care of it. Sorry this post is short its just that its really late atm and i just wanted to make a quick writeup before sleep.
or it can use fire blast from the aerialate set and completely rek this, OR it can run mixed protean and lure it in to a ko with tbolt, only to have gale wings archeops sweep your team after. seriously, why is lando/archeops still legal? lol. its so centralizing in a bad way.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp
- Iron Head
- Defog

Hippowdon @ Rocky Helmet
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake
- Defog/whirlwind

Fixed that for you

I have two questions.

1: Howcome in the viability rankings it says Gothitelle can inherit from Gothitelle when inheriting shadow tag is clearly banned?

2: Can Smeargle inherit moves from Smeargle? ie can Smeargle learn sketch?

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have two questions.

1: Howcome in the viability rankings it says Gothitelle can inherit from Gothitelle when inheriting shadow tag is clearly banned?

2: Can Smeargle inherit moves from Smeargle? ie can Smeargle learn sketch?
You can stay the same Pokemon. This basically means Gothitelle can "inherit" from itself and keep Shadow Tag. Same for Azumarill.
Smeargle can stay itself as well, so it can Sketch moves.

... Oh.

You should say somewhere that inheriting from yourself is NEVER banned, as I thought that by essence of the normal inheritance rules shed, ditto, etc were banned.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
... Oh.

You should say somewhere that inheriting from yourself is NEVER banned, as I thought that by essence of the normal inheritance rules shed, ditto, etc were banned.
Shedinja is still banned. This is because it can just get Sturdy from another Pokemon and force people into no-win situations.

Otherwise, yeah I'll add it. Ditto could even use Limber though, if it was banned.

Shedinja is still banned. This is because it can just get Sturdy from another Pokemon and force people into no-win situations.

Otherwise, yeah I'll add it. Ditto could even use Limber though, if it was banned.
Just to be clear, Wonder Guard Shedinja and Imposter Ditto can still be used right?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine

Can't you just say Shedinja cannot inherit Sturdy?

Snaquaza

KACAW
Can't you just say Shedinja cannot inherit Sturdy?
We're not going to start with complex bans. Then I could say Keldeo can't inherit from Kyogre and Blastoise Mega as well. Or Slaking inheriting from anything that doesn't have a terrible ability. If you want a better explanation I know Eevee General can back me up on this one.

Reactions: EV

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
We're not going to start with complex bans. Then I could say Keldeo can't inherit from Kyogre and Blastoise Mega as well. Or Slaking inheriting from anything that doesn't have a terrible ability. If you want a better explanation I know Eevee General can back me up on this one.
Keldeo and Slaking are completely different cases. Shedinja's broken with just that one ability, but Keldeo is broken with several (Drizzle/Primordial Sea/Mega Launcher/etc.). Slaking is broken even with Defeatist, as it has decent bulk (and can run Roost), while Slow Start is just bad on everything.

Plus I want Guts Shedinja ;_;7

Last edited:
So if these Pokemon that already have illegal abilities like Gothitelle can still use them, can othet mons with that ability inherit it? As in, could I ruin Wobbafett with Shadow Tag from Goth or would that still be illegal? How about Huge/Pure power? Could Azu get Pure Power from Medicham?

So if these Pokemon that already have illegal abilities like Gothitelle can still use them, can othet mons with that ability inherit it? As in, could I ruin Wobbafett with Shadow Tag from Goth or would that still be illegal? How about Huge/Pure power? Could Azu get Pure Power from Medicham?
they can

On a separate note, how bad is Greninja inheriting from Crawdaunt?
Its not that great to be honest since Crawdaunts special movepool is kinda lame (and physical sets are outclassed as far as i can tell). inheriting from Kyogre is probably a better choice thanks to better STAB and coverage options, and weather abilities are pretty useful to have.

NO THEY CAN NOT

- Inheriting Wonder Guard, Pure Power, Huge Power, Shadow Tag, Imposter, Parental Bond or anything from Smeargle is banned.
Directly quoted from the original post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)