Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
Because jernmax didn't like it.

Now talking about zekrom, my main problem with it is that it performs exactly the same thing as haxorus in regular, even having almost the same base attack. And yet haxorus isn't banned in regular.

I personaly have been using mega alt ever since i heard zekrom was a tihng. Flash fire ferro / whimsicott, pixi arceus, intimidate rhydon, lightningrod xern / azumarill also counter. But there are other ways stall can deal with zekrom, prankster encore, most rhydons with counter, baby doll eyes, will-o-wisp. Groudon can live a hit and ko with eq. And just a fairy + a ground forces zekrom to make predicts that could cause his death.

Zekrom is op yes, but I really don't see what it has over say rayquaza, haxorus or facking kyurem black who is even more powerfull.

Also I already mentioned that any pokemon can run pursuit and that deoxys relies HEAVILY on perfect predicts to be effective. Situation: deoxis come in on my weakened xerneas, i can either stay in or switch on my primadon (carrying pursuit) on the predicted gunk shot. Now if deoxys predicts that and goes for low kick / dark pulse and I stay in he loses, if he goes for gunk shot and i switch he loses and if he goes for gunk shot and I stay in he kills one pokemon and I can then just send my groudon and kill him. There's a bunch of ways this situation could be even better for me. My xern could be running protect and prankster encore or it could be running extremespeed or any priority.
Also, deoxys only has 4 move slots ffs, it can't be running suker punch + fake out + low kick + gunk shot + ice beam + shadow sneak + ice beam and whatever else he learns. And since 90% of deoxys will run sucker punch that's already 1 move you don't have to worry about.
None of the moves you carry on Deoxys-a is something i truly needs. How much bulk are you running on your Primal groudon?

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 94-112 (25.2 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 266-316 (71.3 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You don't have the best chance of living. While we're at it I don't think Deoxys-A needs a speed increasing nature, so your Groudon just dies lmao.
You've opened my mind on Zekrom, I'll back off that one. You've put out some good counters

None of the moves you carry on Deoxys-a is something i truly needs. How much bulk are you running on your Primal groudon?

16 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Gunk Shot vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Primal Groudon: 94-112 (25.2 - 30%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 266-316 (71.3 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

You don't have the best chance of living. While we're at it I don't think Deoxys-A needs a speed increasing nature, so your Groudon just dies lmao.
You've opened my mind on Zekrom, I'll back off that one. You've put out some good counters
But if deo stays in then it takes an extremespeed to the face

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Just calling in, since I have actually not played this yet, but this is going in a wrong direction again. Since I'm the leader of Inheritance I'll say that Deoxys-Attack and Mega Gengar are not banned right now, however they're being proposed to be banned. Feel free to discuss both of them and I'll see which side has the most support and best arguments after a while. Feel free to challenge me on PS as well if you want me to experience them first hand.
This is actually what i meant, and that those of us who want it banned dont have to play it.
U
Deo-a has checks on offense, yes, but stall has a select few potential checks especially without knowing its coverage. If it gets off a free attack on a mon it can kill, it becomes GUARANTEED a kill. That is pretty big in this meta considering stall needs every single one of its mons in this meta and ubers in general, just look at how much worse shadow tag is in ubers than in OU.

Im still on the fence with deo-a, but i feel like despite the fact it doesnt 6-0 stall, a free switch = a free kill. In ubers, if your stall team loses just one mon, you are in trouble.

Zekrom on the other hand could be called uncompetitive because it 2hkos everything not named volt absorb/motor drive xerneas. It boosts past walls and plows over unaware because of its ridiculous power, and as a result requires stall to run specialized counters (volt absorb fairies lol) just to CHECK it. What happens when it runs poison jab? Basically all it the counters listed are fairies because everything else is murdered by outrage unless they have mega steelix' typing. Im on the fence with this still as well.

Honestly I feel like we should at least try to give stall a chance. It certainly has potential becauee so much of ubers stallmons issues are related to movepool/shitty abilities.

Also motherlove, i prefer mawile sets with recovery because the immunity to toxic is quite useful for beating fat mons. I also want to try a bulk up resttalk set now that i think about it, or something that can allow it to rid itself of status while it sets up.

Will add more later on phone atm.

Last edited:
This is actually what i meant, and that those of us who want it banned dont have to play it.

Deo-a has checks on offense, yes, but stall has a select few potential checks especially without knowing its coverage. If it gets off a free attack on a mon it can kill, it becomes GUARANTEED a kill. That is pretty big in this meta considering stall needs every single one of its mons in this meta and ubers in general, just look at how much worse shadow tag is in ubers than in OU.

Im still on the fence with deo-a, but i feel like despite the fact it doesnt 6-0 stall, a free switch = a free kill. In ubers, if your stall team loses just one mon, you are in trouble.

Zekrom on the other hand could be called uncompetitive because it 2hkos everything not named volt absorb/motor drive xerneas. It boosts past walls and plows over unaware because of its ridiculous power, and as a result requires stall to run specialized counters (volt absorb fairies lol) just to CHECK it. What happens when it runs poison jab? Basically all it the counters listed are fairies because everything else is murdered by outrage unless they have mega steelix' typing. Im on the fence with this still as well.

Honestly I feel like we should at least try to give stall a chance. It certainly has potential becauee so much of ubers stallmons issues are related to movepool/shitty abilities.

Will add more later on phone atm.
Zekroms counters aren't that hard to deal with it. Will o wisp for rhydon. Flare blitz for steelix. +2 flare blitz for xerneas ect. How much does Altaria take from +2 LO tough claws thunder punch or earthquake. Does zard x get iron head?

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
The thing about Deo-A is that you can already somewhat predict its movepool just by A.) it existing and B.) what it comes in on. For A.), most Deoxys will probably carry Sucker Punch or Ice Beam. Then if it say, comes in on a Xerneas, you can probably tell that it has Gunk Shot. Protect is also a thing, scouting its move and then Encoring it into said move before switching to something that beats it. Also, the thing about its priority is that it is situational. Fake Out is first turn use only, Shadow Sneak is pretty weak, and Sucker Punch only works if you attack. Also since Sableye isn't banned from being a donor, Sableye Chansey happens to wall it (doesn't enjoy losing Eviolite to KOff but it will most likely be running other coverage [no one has even mentioned KOff yet], and Prankster Wisp and massive bulk allow it to tank most hits).

16 Atk Life Orb Protean burned Deoxys-A Drain Punch vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 235-278 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- Guaranteed 3HKO

That is the most it can do, all the special attacks are piss weak (chance to 4HKO, aka easily stalled). Obviously it can't switch in on Drain Punch, but it can switch in on any Special Attack (perhaps bait the Ice Beam with Giratina or something) and proceed to stall it out (Metal Burst also exists and 1HKOs--Chansey takes max 85%ish from non-burned Deoxys-A, so you can go straight for Metal Burst if you are scared of Will-o-miss). So basically what I am trying to say is that stall has an almost perfect counter in Chansey.

Zekroms counters aren't that hard to deal with it. Will o wisp for rhydon. Flare blitz for steelix. +2 flare blitz for xerneas ect. How much does Altaria take from +2 LO tough claws thunder punch or earthquake. Does zard x get iron head?
No, Zard X doesn't get Iron Head, but it does get Iron Tail if you don't mind the accuracy.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I was under the assumption zard got poison jab but i cant check. Being able to beat counters with a diff moveset is one thing, beating counters with no opportunity cost is another.

All ive seen out of you guys is theorymonning. Why dont you guys go make and test both stall and offensive teams vs the broken threats? I really dont think this argument is going to go anywhere as long as we are theorymonning because you cant theorymon a playstyle being made unviable because of X mon.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Charizard does not get Poison Jab, meaning Zardkrom's best tool to get around electric immune Fairies is the inaccurate Iron Tail.

Charizard does not get Poison Jab, meaning Zardkrom's best tool to get around electric immune Fairies is the inaccurate Iron Tail.
Though no pokemon gets moonblast + volt absorb/motor drive

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 412-485 (90.5 - 106.5%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO

+1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Rhydon: 355-419 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Zekrom Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Altaria: 234-276 (66.1 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Never mind that Zekrom can just burn it and set up on it

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Zekrom Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 273-322 (77.5 - 91.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Ferrothorn gets set up on by a sub version as it can't break the sub...

The counter.

I'm not getting why so much bashing against anything that can threaten stall. Look there are a lot of incredibly hard hitting mons, but that doesn't mean that all them should be banned because someone's stall team can't beat them. Really ppl get creative, wanna a good check to zekrom, use prankster xerneas with encore (or prankster wisp if sableye is ok) :/ you can even set up on it or baton pass a subs and gg the opponent with some fearsome sweeper of your own. Stall teams can and should have one win condition. Also using outrage on calc is quite lame, because it's horrible move overall. You lock yourself and get revenge killed next turn. Finally comparing like stall had checks to anything on regular inheritance, I recall mega-gya sweeping any stall team by itself and no one complained because it sucked against any offensive team

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
*facepalm*

So Deoxys-A is banned? It's perfectly competitive, as it has viable checks (not counters). I don't mind Mega Gengar ban but I never agreed on Deoxys-A ban. Remember that overpoweredness is NOT equal to uncompetitiveness.

Remember that Inheritance are based on checking things, not countering things. Mega Ray in standard doesn't even have checks, that's why it's uncompetitive. Deoxys-A is perfectly competitive because it has checks that are viable, and doesn't make you run things like Magnet Rise Klefki. Banning Deoxys-A and suspecting Zekrom makes this just like OU 2.0, which doesn't fit Ubers. Uncounterable isn't a good reason to ban it.

Wallbreakers in general makes Stall obsolete, just like Landorus I in OU. How the hell something is uncompetitive just because its destroying Stall?

Anyway, not everyone agrees with Deoxys-A or Zekrom ban because there are checks to it, which makes it perfectly competitive. Please don't ban things on your own before listening to other opinions.
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 274-324 (80.1 - 94.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 SpD Primal Groudon: 237-280 (63.5 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arceus: 428-506 (112.3 - 132.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 420-494 (95.2 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Zekrom: 362-428 (106.1 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 342-404 (82.4 - 97.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Mawile: 130-154 (42.9 - 50.8%) -- 44.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Dialga: 428-506 (106.2 - 125.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Blaziken: 202-238 (66.8 - 78.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
SpA Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Mewtwo X: 202-238 (57.2 - 67.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

ok, im just going to bring up the question, what barring priority checks this thing? do you seriously run 3+ priority/scarf users? every priority user ive looked at, gets ohkoed once they bring deo to its sash, sure, it has like...3 or 4 viable sets that check it, but what about the other like...400 sets out there that cant do jack shit to it. what about the other 3-5 members of your team that just has to die facing it. your telling me its not uncompetative that a poke can just chip down your offensive team(INCLUDING one priority user if sash is in tact) and switch out on priority/scarf users until you lose? this thing doesn't threaten just stall you know, and if you need a scarfer to check it, better run speed, since 95 and under fall short of outspeeding with adamant/modest.

but whatevs lmao ive proven how scary deo a is in bh, so im perfectly fine with it staying i guess.

I'm not getting why so much bashing against anything that can threaten stall. Look there are a lot of incredibly hard hitting mons, but that doesn't mean that all them should be banned because someone's stall team can't beat them. Really ppl get creative, wanna a good check to zekrom, use prankster xerneas with encore (or prankster wisp if sableye is ok) :/ you can even set up on it or baton pass a subs and gg the opponent with some fearsome sweeper of your own. Stall teams can and should have one win condition. Also using outrage on calc is quite lame, because it's horrible move overall. You lock yourself and get revenge killed next turn. Finally comparing like stall had checks to anything on regular inheritance, I recall mega-gya sweeping any stall team by itself and no one complained because it sucked against any offensive team
Mega Gyarados doesn't suck against offence, it's just more threatening to stall. Gale wings wasn't threatening to stall but it still ruined offence, we banned it then.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 223-264 (49 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recover

You run sableye and it'll set up on you

You run whatever gets prankster encore ( lol ) you're 2HKO'd by Thunderpunch.

Mega Gyarados doesn't suck against offence, it's just more threatening to stall. Gale wings wasn't threatening to stall but it still ruined offence, we banned it then.

252+ Atk Choice Band Tough Claws Zekrom Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Xerneas: 223-264 (49 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recover

You run sableye and it'll set up on you

You run whatever gets prankster encore ( lol ) you're 2HKO'd by Thunderpunch.
tfw sableye gets dazzling gleam

0 SpA Xerneas Dazzling Gleam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zekrom: 218-258 (63.7 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO\

which means zekrom either dies or switches out.

I don't understand these calcs that are for beating stall that have 0 in hp/xdefense it makes no sense.
Also a comment on the meta in gengeral. The thing with ubers is that there is a mon with no real viable counters, and that is primal groudon. But the meta is centralised around it and any other mons that didn't have counters then the meta wouldn't be sustainable,

and then it gets set up on, roost dragon claw thunder punch roost
If it d-dances you go for encore, or if you don't have encore, you could taunt it to stop it from d-dancing or roosting in the first place (zekrom needs two d-dances to beat xerneas while burned).

If it d-dances you go for encore, or if you don't have encore, you could taunt it to stop it from d-dancing or roosting in the first place (zekrom needs two d-dances to beat xerneas while burned).
Stop mentioning encore, only thing that gets prankster encore + recovery is bolbeat and it doesn't get much else.
But yeah I'm pretty sure sableye xern beats zekrom. You switch in on a thunder punch you can burn it and then proceed to beat him with recover / dazzling gleam. You switch on substitute you can break the sub with gleam and then burn it. In both cases you win.

I'm leaning heavily towards ban for deoxys A. I just simply realised that while protean is a thing that can dent stall, other sets like magic guard + sash are almost guaranteed to get 1 kill against offense if not more and is still pretty hard to check.

Alright fair enough. One counter to Zekrom, fair enough. But that's pretty centralised. Though Xerneas with Prankster will o wisp isn't bad it has better things to do than to use prankster. I honestly believe Zekrom has one counter, great bulk, great power, the ability run mixed, access to whatever coverage and ability it could ever dream of which pushes its to another level of power creep.

I think that my main problem with Deoxys-A and Zekrom being potentially banned is that most of the arguments are simply that they have no counters that are guaranteed to be able to switch in on and beat any given set.
I mean ffs Emboar in standard OU doesn't have any direct counters that can switch in on it and beat it 1v1 and you know where Emboar is? Its D rank (though it should by higher imo). But do you know why Emboar is D rank? Because it is on a timer. It wears itself down to the point where it is easily KOed by just about anything. And is easily revenge killed. To me this is still sounding extremely similar to Deoxys-A, only Deoxys starts at a point where it is easily KOed rather than wearing itself down.
Now I'm not trying to say Deoxys-A should be D rank too lol. But I certainly don't think we can ban it off of this argument that is has no switch ins, especially when it is so incredibly heavily reliant on predictions, in a meta game which has the potential to be so incredibly hard to predict, given that anything can run anything.

Jernmax you're a pretty creative character, and you've already claimed that you could make a stall team in this tier, but not with Deoxys-A in it. I'm pretty sure that you would have at least one move slot to spare to at least attempt to make a deoxys lure. Like I've said before it dies to any attack so surely you can pick a passive pokemon which you notice gives a lot of Deoxys-As that sense of security needed to switch in, throw an attack on that pokemon, then bop Deoxys on the switch.

Could someone at least post some replays of how devastating these suspected pokemon are because I'm just not seeing how they could be so hard to play around and adapt to at this point.

0 SpA Luvdisc Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Deoxys-A: 202-238 (83.8 - 98.7%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (0 investment on a freaking Luvdisc)
252+ Atk Blissey Double-Edge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 220-261 (91.2 - 108.2%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (It has 10 base attack lol)

some things that can counter most deoxys-a sets:

1. manaphy inheriting from arcanine or other intimidate mon or multiscale(also arcanine/dragonite has extremespeed )
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 110-133 (27.2 - 32.9%) -- 67.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

2. megascizor/forretress inheriting from anything (use ff for fail proof or intimidate for less damage or prankster encore from volbeat and whimsicot (and bp) for counter sweep)
4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Mega Scizor: 142-169 (41.3 - 49.2%)

3. intimidate Ho-oh
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 165-196 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 130-153 (31.3 - 36.8%) -- 75.1% chance to 3HKO

4. regen av xerneas/ av sylveon
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Xerneas: 160-188 (35.1 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0- Atk Xerneas U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 354-418 (146.8 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

also you can always u-turn for the ko on deoxys-a :)

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior

1. manaphy inheriting from arcanine or other intimidate mon or multiscale(also arcanine/dragonite has extremespeed )
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 110-133 (27.2 - 32.9%) -- 67.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

2. megascizor/forretress inheriting from anything (use ff for fail proof or intimidate for less damage or prankster encore from volbeat and whimsicot (and bp) for counter sweep)
4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Mega Scizor: 142-169 (41.3 - 49.2%)

3. intimidate Ho-oh
-1 4 Atk Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Ho-Oh: 165-196 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Ho-Oh: 130-153 (31.3 - 36.8%) -- 75.1% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Protean Deoxys-A Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Xerneas: 160-188 (35.1 - 41.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0- Atk Xerneas U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-A: 354-418 (146.8 - 173.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

if people are running life orb 4 attack deoxys attack...they are clearly doing it wrong.
-1 252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Manaphy: 152-182 (37.6 - 45%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Thunder Punch vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Ho-Oh: 210-248 (50.6 - 59.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
i concurr that manaphy is a counter, but hooh kinda doesnt appriciate tpunches so id call it a check due to it either risking the espeed on the switch or dying to the overpredict...and grass knot/tpunch/ice beam/low kick basically lets it 2hko/ohko everything relivant. and id go as far as saying its probably the better set over life orb. and life orb variants of the mentioned sets basically worsen the deal for these guys.

252 Atk Protean Deoxys-A Thunder Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Xerneas: 163-193 (35.7 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
again, i'll call this a counter, but just as i said above, life orb trashes all over this.

and clearly scizor NEEDS intimidate in order to take on 252 attack low kicks, but otherwise its a counter to my set.

remember, when posting counters, they need to be worst case scenarios (excluding hax), (basically assume 252 in both stats in deoxys' case due to it being equally threatening on both sides) none of these things can safely take on life orb 252 tpunches(or low kick in scizors case)

3. intimidate Ho-oh

Dark pulse / hydro pump 2hkoes scizor / forrestress, gunk shot ohkoes pixies, hydro pump and gunk kill ho-oh. Yes greninja is a thing.
manaphy / suicune are good counters imo.
Also can anyone tell me what zekrom has that haxorus or kyuremB doesn't? Is it just the thunder punch stab?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)