Gen 3 Inspired by the Shadows!!! (Please Rate!)

Before looking (or rating for that matter), read the explanation under each pokemon. If you do not, then I do not want you to rate my team> I only want rates from people who actually rate well, and take time to understand the team. That being said, I dont expect any foolish comments this time.

Smart suggestions are very welcome of course, as always.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Roar

Yes , if this thing manages to get a swords dance from celebi then it's party time. Roar is for starting jasks who do not expect roar on gyarados. I would DD and then roar. Giving me +1 and them Zer0 ;) Hp rock for zap so my sweep wont be interupted. I gave it alot of HP so I can easily DD up versus something like a pert. Also a bit of a cune counter

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 36 Spd / 68 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Hp fighting
- Swords Dance

Sword passing is fun, i can easily switch this in on a zapdos, or swampert. Wihtout skarmory not much can stop me from passing except things like roar cune but thats why I have things like Gyara. Also a raikou counter if it does not have hp ice. Else swamp will counter him.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 96 Def / 108 Spd
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball/Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Sleep Talk

Sleep talk for hypnosis gengar and Jynx. If this gets a sword dance not much is safe. Also my rock, normal flying resistance on the team.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 166 HP / 184 Spd / 156 SAtk / 2 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Go away skarm I do not want you around. Sleep talk for gengar. Yes gengar can be annoying. Can also take care of a weakened metagross or forretress.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Surf

Counter for alot of things cel is weak too, so sometimes I will pass to this fella. Now regice really cannot counter him with +2.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd / 60 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Steel Wing
- Thunderbolt

Hmm yea, mixed zapdos, for the surprise. Not planning on giving him the swords dance passes, except if something like gyara switches in on Celebi. But zapdos will be a pretty good mixed sweeper and will be able to take out blissey in 2 hits with a SD.

I cannot see many weaknesses to this team. If you see one, or have any suggestions, please tell. Of course one pain in the A$$ would be dugtrio. But even without cel I will be able to make it througout the battle

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Before looking (or rating for that matter), read the explanation under each pokemon. If you do not, then I do not want you to rate my team> I only want rates from people who actually rate well, and take time to understand the team. That being said, I dont expect any foolish comments this time.

One thing about suggestions though, I am using some versions of a pokemon because I like more creative sets, while in reality, some standard set would be better. The pokemon that i mean with this, is Regice of course. Yes resttalk version with seismic toss is of course nice for raikou and jynx, but then i lose my 100% regice counter which is not so nice. So do know that if you change one set around then I will have problems with other pokemon, and i'd rather have a regice couter, a pokemon that is common, then a raikou and jynx counter. ( one is uncommon, the other is rare)

Salamence (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 76 Atk / 136 Spd / 180 SAtk
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Brick Break
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Wish

Yes, once again I choose to use this Salamence. I will explain it more througly this time so people won't say that is sucks so fast.
This salamence is for surprise and support. The wish support is mainly for Regice and Claydol (maybe skarm too) , both of which can switch in on alot of pokemon that people send in on Salamence. Some prime example would be swampert, suicune, milotic, tyranitar (although i can brick break him) and aerodactyl and zapdos. I'm sure there are more, but these are the most common examples. A fire blast from this will ohko all skarm (except the sleeptalk version with 252spdef). Hp grass will 2HKO swampert and brick break will 2HKO regice, blissey and tyranitar. (I think snorlax is a 3HKO, although i have skarm for snorlax). To make a long story short, this Salamence helps for a surprise kill.

BB 3HKOs Regice and Blissey, and barely does it at that. In that regard, Snorlax is pretty safe if it has a Curse under its belt. Luckily you have Skarmory. I don't really mind the set mixture, though I have a biased opinion against brick break, but I'll explain why issue will arise later.

Regice @ Leftovers
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Focus Punch
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt

Yes, my special wall and Regice counter as well lol. I cant think of a pokemon who resists this combination except for shedinja. Focus punch can surprise an incoming tyranitar or just beat other Regice. 2HKOs snorlax and blissey too. (1HKO Tyranitar). This would also be my only real defence vs a Jynx ( which isnt common at all, so I hope I do not face one when I will be using this team.) Best OU counter for this would be something like metagross, and that's where dugtrio comes in.

I prefer max HP, but its a trade off between that and max Attack which Rregice might desperately need.

Claydol @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Atk / 140 Def / 1 Spd / 1 SDef
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Shadow Ball

Yea, I needed a rapid spinner, and a counter to dragon dance tyranitar. Of course it stiill is not a counter to double-edge dding Ttar, but that is where skarm is for. Anyway, shadow ball, because gengar could cause some problems (depends on the version of course). Mcgar would be the problem causer. But with shadow ball he wont stay in (unless he's stupid). Standard for the rest.

For future references, DD'd Rock Slide still fucks with Skarm a bit.

Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Rock Slide

Hmm dugtriio wasnt 100% neccasary for this team, but it was handy versus some things that could counter other pokemon in this team. Some examples would be metagross and celebi and of course, magneton.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- leech seed
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Substitute

I will not elaborate on this one. I think that you understand what this thing does. zapdos counter too so regice doesnt get hurt too much

I really don't like sub leeching as Celebi's primary way of recovery. For one thing, if it gets phazed out during leeching, you've lost a small amount of health (which is variable, yes) but eventually that'll will rack up, and when you meet that surprise HP Bug Swampert or w/e, you'll have no means of immediate recover if you got an open chance to do so later. Relying on wish isn't too great, because notice that most of the counters to Salamence will be Ice Beaming or Rock Sliding at that time, most of the Rock Sliders usually having some form of Attack setup. If you had Baton Pass, I could see that being very beneficial to Regice, however. Other than that, Heal Bell would be a prime choice here, as you're pretty status vulnerable at this juncture.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 156 Def / 16 Spd
- Drill Peck
- Substitute
- Roar
- Spikes

Not much to explain except substitute. Not used much anymore, but is handy in this team, so i can scout for maggy and send in dugtrio next time. Also blocks rapid spin from forretress. Any other spinner would be a chance for regice to sub!! (starmie, cloyster, claydol)

Overall this team doesnt have many weaknesses. Of course when pokemon a is gone (for example celebi) then suicune would 'own' this team. But I dont take that into account. Jynx could cause troubles, but I could revenge kil with dugtrio and its not like jynx is common.
One thing that makes this team cry is CB mence. There's always the fact that you can predict Fire Blast and HP Flying with Claydol and Skarmory respectively, but that's not to say your opponent won't predict you as well. So without a bulky water backing you up, things could get pretty ugly real fast. Not even Salamence can really do anything after switching in for intimidate, since Salamence resists all of its attacks (hence why most Wish Salamence sets include Toxic or Dragon Claw from what I've seen). Cloyster also sadly makes it difficult for your team to operate if it has Explosion. Gengar also plays a part in annoyace. I suppose the main thing is Regice is fielding alot of hits that it has no back up for (which would normally be a bulky water) and once Regice is done, the team is open to a good amount of special attacks that you don't have proper resistances for. If you could somehow find a way to fit in Wish Vaporeon instead of Salamence, I could see it very beneficial to the team, since Celebi will get better healing for resisting Vappy's weaknesses, and provides bait for Regice to switch in so he can subpunch the incoming special wall.

I didnt like that team when I looked more thorugh it so I changed it alot lol. Check it out, very different atm :x

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 188 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Roar

Yes , if this thing manages to get a swords dance from celebi then it's party time. Roar is for starting jasks who do not expect roar on gyarados. I would DD and then roar. Giving me +1 and them Zer0 ;) Hp rock for zap so my sweep wont be interupted. I gave it alot of HP so I can easily DD up versus something like a pert. Also a bit of a cune counter

You can still use Taunt effectively. Stops status and what not while still stopping Roar.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 36 Spd / 68 SDef
- Baton Pass
- Recover
- Hp fighting
- Swords Dance

Sword passing is fun, i can easily switch this in on a zapdos, or swampert. Wihtout skarmory not much can stop me from passing except things like roar cune but thats why I have things like Gyara. Also a raikou counter if it does not have hp ice. Else swamp will counter him.

Shadow Ball over HP Fighting.

Metagross @ Choice Band
EVs: 80 HP / 224 Atk / 96 Def / 108 Spd
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball/Explosion
- Meteor Mash
- Sleep Talk

Sleep talk for hypnosis gengar and Jynx. If this gets a sword dance not much is safe. Also my rock, normal flying resistance on the team.

Definitely use Agility and Lum Berry. Works well with SD Celebi. Rock Slide has more uses than Shadow Ball.

Magneton @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 166 HP / 184 Spd / 156 SAtk / 2 SDef
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt

Go away skarm I do not want you around. Sleep talk for gengar. Yes gengar can be annoying. Can also take care of a weakened metagross or forretress.

Might as well make this a sleep Talker. Max HP if you do. Otherwise just run Sub or Metal Sound.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SAtk
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Surf

Counter for alot of things cel is weak too, so sometimes I will pass to this fella. Now regice really cannot counter him with +2.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spd / 60 SAtk
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Drill Peck
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Steel Wing
- Thunderbolt

Hmm yea, mixed zapdos, for the surprise. Not planning on giving him the swords dance passes, except if something like gyara switches in on Celebi. But zapdos will be a pretty good mixed sweeper and will be able to take out blissey in 2 hits with a SD.

Steel Wing isn't really doing much for you that isn't already being done by your other moves. Most people Stick Sleep Talk/Toxic/Thunder Wave or some other utility move in that slot with a CB.

I cannot see many weaknesses to this team. If you see one, or have any suggestions, please tell. Of course one pain in the A$$ would be dugtrio. But even without cel I will be able to make it througout the battle
You lose Gyara, Hera has a field day. I'm not able to say much here.

if pokemon a is gone then of course pokemon b will sweep, and I know you know that lol , so why even say that last line of yours.

if swampert is gone, then clean sweep for ddtar , if cel is gone raikou can sweep, etc

Umby

is a Contributor Alumnus
Which is why I didn't mention the rest and which is why I didn't elaborate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)