Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I enabled something that was disabled hidden in the files.. that made it work..but I still have that blank drop down box above the start scanning button.
Please tell me what you did. I've been working on fixing this for nearly an hour and literally nothing works.

This works fantastically, just thought I'd say thanks!

To those having problems with the device not being 'in the right state' check that your wifi card is compatible. The one I was using wasn't...

From here:

"To find out whether your device/driver supports this feature, execute the following command in cmd windows,
netsh wlan show drivers
And look for the the support of hosted network,
Hosted network supported : yes/no"

how are we even suppose to use this to check our IVs of our eggs or pokemon? I thought I heard that you could do it
You open the software, create the hotspot and connect your 3ds

Ask a friend or someone to trade you and offer the egg and all of the eggs data will appear on the software

Ok, so I dced and decided to try again to see whats up. Guess what? It just connected, like I hadn't wasted 1 hour failing at connection.
Weird, after Connectify Hotspot successfully worked for me for almost two hours, the Virtual Router worked like a charm.

Have in mind: If the test connection isn't working, try it ingame and restart the Hotspot ingame. It worked everytime with me.

Ive got the error message
"Internet Connection Sharing NOT Installed"

Any Ideas guys?
Make sure you have the latest drivers for Microsoft Virtual WIFI Miniport.
To check go to the start menu
then you right click on computer
click manage ---> Device Manager
Then network adapters. Make sure that the virtual miniport is updated and installed.

Any success stories of people using some kind of cheap Wifi-dongle?
Tried to get it to work on my old, old laptop - no luck though. Now I've been thinking of picking up some cheap dongle in case that'll do the job and just plug that into my PC to broadcast wifi.

Any success stories of people using some kind of cheap Wifi-dongle?
Tried to get it to work on my old, old laptop - no luck though. Now I've been thinking of picking up some cheap dongle in case that'll do the job and just plug that into my PC to broadcast wifi.
I just tried this on my brothers desktop, he has a dongle that costed him about 15 bucks.
I installed WinPCap, didn't even restart, then opened Instacheck Hotspot and it worked.
No need for a wired connection. It's using the wireless dongle to connect to our network and broadcast its own

I just tried this on my brothers desktop, he has a dongle that costed him about 15 bucks.
I installed WinPCap, didn't even restart, then opened Instacheck Hotspot and it worked.
No need for a wired connection. It's using the wireless dongle to connect to our network and broadcast its own
That's great to hear.
Do you know its name by chance? I think some of the dongles won't let you broadcast signals, just want to make sure I'll be looking for the right one.

Here's what I'm doing: Opening a Virtual Router connection -> Opening InstaCheck -> Stopping Virtual Router (not closing it! Just stop the connection) -> Start Connectify connection -> Select the same connection virtual router had created -> Profit.

And also: Don't test your connection when configuring, it's bugged as fuck. If it doesn't connect, get in game and try to connect. If it doesn't, restart the connection (In my case, I stop and start the connectify connection). Tested this 5 times and worked every single time, once I got the connection up and running, I had no disconnect problems (trading my 2nd box to wondertrade atm)
------------------

Okay, although I managed to make my Connectify connection to work with the 3ds, the Instacheck program is only recognizing the output pokémon. I can't see my own IVs, tried wondertrading and regular trading and no luck :[
Tried your method, I still connot get internet through that connectify hotspot.

EDIT: Fixed my problem. had to use a laptop not a desktop computer

Last edited:
So i disconnected all my other networks and started hotspot
My 3DS can connect to Access Point but after that it cant cannot to internet
I can connect in my regular wifi
HELPS?
EDIT: Doesnt work in desktop, had to use sister's laptop

Last edited:
Hello, so far I've done the following:
- Installed VirtualRouterPlus.
- When opening Instacheck Hotspot, got "Virtualrouterplus has stopped working." Fixed this by following this advice: "You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply: Windows 7 Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open Under Startup Type, select Automatic Under Service Status, Click the Start button"
- Successfully opened up Instacheck Hotspot, got the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. Opened up cmd with admin, set "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow" successfully. However, "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" gave me the group or resource error.

I hear that the solution to this is "update your wireless drivers" but I suspect the problem is different in my case. I am using AT&T, which provides its own funky @#$@#$ing router and software, and in the network/internet part of my control panel, it doesn't even mention a wireless connection. I've looked around the internet and I cannot find any mention of how to get it to be more transparent or update its drivers or just generally let it be usable by other programs on my computer. Can anyone help with this?

Hello, so far I've done the following:
- Installed VirtualRouterPlus.
- When opening Instacheck Hotspot, got "Virtualrouterplus has stopped working." Fixed this by following this advice: "You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply: Windows 7 Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open Under Startup Type, select Automatic Under Service Status, Click the Start button"
- Successfully opened up Instacheck Hotspot, got the "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" error. Opened up cmd with admin, set "netsh wlan set hostednetwork allow" successfully. However, "netsh wlan start hostednetwork" gave me the group or resource error.

I hear that the solution to this is "update your wireless drivers" but I suspect the problem is different in my case. I am using AT&T, which provides its own funky @#$@#$ing router and software, and in the network/internet part of my control panel, it doesn't even mention a wireless connection. I've looked around the internet and I cannot find any mention of how to get it to be more transparent or update its drivers or just generally let it be usable by other programs on my computer. Can anyone help with this?
Do you have your Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport enabled?
Check your adapter settings in network and sharing center.

Do you have your Microsoft Virtual wifi miniport enabled?
Check your adapter settings in network and sharing center.
Shirum just about describes my problem. I also tried finding the Microsoft virtual miniport in my device manager, but its simply not there, EVEN after i check "Show hidden devices." I've looked into many solutions, but i haven't found one that works for me. Some people say its native to Win7, which is what i have, but i cannot find it ANYWHERE.

Shirum just about describes my problem. I also tried finding the Microsoft virtual miniport in my device manager, but its simply not there, EVEN after i check "Show hidden devices." I've looked into many solutions, but i haven't found one that works for me. Some people say its native to Win7, which is what i have, but i cannot find it ANYWHERE.
Yeah it is native to Win7 and it's weird that you don't find it u.u
Have you done all of your Windows Updates? /:

It really isn't there. See: http://imgur.com/mkYkedC (The VirtualBox one is unrelated and it's just to let my virtual machines tap my internet. The middle one is a thing related to my cell phone which doesn't actually work.)

The pages on google seem to suggest that it's just there but as you can see... nope.

I'm going to check my windows update status, though I'm pretty sure it just force-restarted me into an update last night. :P

It really isn't there. See: http://imgur.com/mkYkedC (The VirtualBox one is unrelated and it's just to let my virtual machines tap my internet. The middle one is a thing related to my cell phone which doesn't actually work.)

The pages on google seem to suggest that it's just there but as you can see... nope.

I'm going to check my windows update status, though I'm pretty sure it just force-restarted me into an update last night. :P
Okay I will tell you what I did so I could make it work.
For me. The program would just not open at all. It would crash at start.
The ICS. (Internet Connection Sharing) wouldn't start at all.
So what I did was download all the windows update and restart. (I have not updated my laptop at all)
Then when I turned on my computer I set my ICS Service to automatic and the program finally worked but it would still give you a group or resource error.
Next what I did is (in windows search) look up Turn windows features on or off.
and opened the Framework 3.5.1 and checked both options after a bit of waiting I restarted my computer and then it worked.
Here's a screen cap of what I checked.

and how my adapter settings look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)