Instacheck Hotspot -- a fast Pokémon checker for XY

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this weird error and I can't seem to find why...
My 3DS connected to the hotspot, and internet connection test is successful; however, when I'm in-game, every time I try to connect I get an error... I kept trying over and over again, got it connected twice only, but that's with around 50 tries...

I have found the solution to "Virtualrouterplus has stopped working." You need to turn on your WLAN service. To do this, simply:

Windows 7
Go to Start, Search, and type in services.msc
Go down to WLAN Auto Config, double click it to open
Under Startup Type, select Automatic
Under Service Status, Click the Start button

That should be it! Now just start Instacheck

I tried this and it still won't fix that problem :(

Okay I will tell you what I did so I could make it work.
For me. The program would just not open at all. It would crash at start.
The ICS. (Internet Connection Sharing) wouldn't start at all.
So what I did was download all the windows update and restart. (I have not updated my laptop at all)
Then when I turned on my computer I set my ICS Service to automatic and the program finally worked but it would still give you a group or resource error.
Next what I did is (in windows search) look up Turn windows features on or off.
and opened the Framework 3.5.1 and checked both options after a bit of waiting I restarted my computer and then it worked.
Here's a screen cap of what I checked.

and how my adapter settings look.

Thank you so much for your help, btw.

I was hopeful this would work and enabled all the stuff under Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, but my Network Connections still aren't showing the virtual wifi miniport. In a bit all the new updates will finish downloading and I'll give my computer a restart to see if that works.

Is it possible that the computer simply doesn't recognize the AT&T router as a WLAN adapter?

Thank you so much for your help, btw.

I was hopeful this would work and enabled all the stuff under Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1, but my Network Connections still aren't showing the virtual wifi miniport. In a bit all the new updates will finish downloading and I'll give my computer a restart to see if that works.

Is it possible that the computer simply doesn't recognize the AT&T router as a WLAN adapter?
Hmm, I'm not so sure ;o; I just advise you to wait for the updates to finish and finally restarting your computer and hope it works :x

Oh, I think I figured out the problem.

"If you don't have a WiFi router, but your PC is WiFi enabled, you can use Virtual WiFi Router to allow other WiFi devices to use your connection."

My desktop PC doesn't have a WiFi card by itself, I believe. So that would mean that Virtual Wifi Routers in general won't work, right?

Guess I'll grab my work laptop at some point and give it a try.

EDIT: WSTW3DS: Are you on Windows 7?

"If you don't have a WiFi router, but your PC is WiFi enabled, you can use Virtual WiFi Router to allow other WiFi devices to use your connection."

My desktop PC doesn't have a WiFi card by itself, I believe. So that would mean that Virtual Wifi Routers in general won't work, right?

how do i check

EDIT: Windows 6.... so i cant do this at all?

So I'm having lots of trouble setting this up. I've gotten to the point where I can connect to the network, but I'm completely unable to connect to the internet through that network. I'm not sure what's going wrong. I'm on my laptop and am connected to the wireless via ethernet. In addition to my normal wireless card I also have a USB wireless. I've been trying to troubleshoot here, but I don't even know where to begin.

I'm using windows 7 if that means anything, and I'd appreciate any help.

Edit: It's also worth pointing out that connecting to the access even only works about half the time. That goes on and off as far as working.

Hopefully you guys don't mind, but I made a tutorial on how to set this up. I was having a lot of problems with it too, but I got it all sorted out.

Okay I will tell you what I did so I could make it work.
For me. The program would just not open at all. It would crash at start.
The ICS. (Internet Connection Sharing) wouldn't start at all.
So what I did was download all the windows update and restart. (I have not updated my laptop at all)
Then when I turned on my computer I set my ICS Service to automatic and the program finally worked but it would still give you a group or resource error.
Next what I did is (in windows search) look up Turn windows features on or off.
and opened the Framework 3.5.1 and checked both options after a bit of waiting I restarted my computer and then it worked.
Here's a screen cap of what I checked.

and how my adapter settings look.

thanks! your a total lifesaver ;0; hopefully i can get this thing working ^^

Oh

Oh that's probably why ;o; try your laptop

So i finally fixed the issue of "the group or resource is not correct" but now i'm getting an issue of "
The method or operation is not implemented.
"
can anyone please help me with this/

I have been having a problem, i start the hotspot but when i try to connect my 3ds to the hotspot it does connect but in the test it can't connect to the internet... is there something that i can do? i hope u guys can help me out ^^

Hopefully you guys don't mind, but I made a tutorial on how to set this up. I was having a lot of problems with it too, but I got it all sorted out.

Thanks for this video. I might buy that usb wireless adapter now, since it works 100%. I was wondering if you typed "netsh wlan show drivers" in the command window. Does it show "hosted network supported: yes" for this wireless adapter?

Like in the following image:

I have been having a problem, i start the hotspot but when i try to connect my 3ds to the hotspot it does connect but in the test it can't connect to the internet... is there something that i can do? i hope u guys can help me out ^^
Changing the shared connection seems to fix that.

And it does say "hosted network supported: yes"

Last edited:
Thanks for this video. I might buy that usb wireless adapter now, since it works 100%. I was wondering if you typed "netsh wlan show drivers" in the command window. Does it show "hosted network supported: yes" for this wireless adapter?

Like in the following image:

I think i'm screwed.

I've been messing around with this and I can't get it working for me...

So I have 3 connections right now. I have my Local Area Connection. I have my wireless card in my laptop (Wireless Connection 1) and my Wireless USB (Wireless Connection 9). When I create the Instacheck network it calls it Wireless Connection 10.

I'm assuming my Local Area Connection should be my shared connection. What's the other connection (the one in the dropbox)? Also, should I disconnect wirelessly from the internet, or does that matter. (Like right now, Wireless connection 1 is connected to the internet, but 9 is not).

Cool. And the OS you're running, is it Windows 7 64-bit?

I figured out that if it says No there, then I don't think you have a chance of getting this to work with your current wifi adapter, unless a new driver would update it.

After i use the Instacheck hotspot i can get past the Access Point after a few times but it won't let go to the Internet do you know what might be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)