International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope game freak is paying attention to the dc problem. We won't get a fix until g6, but adopting a "you're still online after the dc, you get the points" system seems obvious. Similarly, a "no drawback clause" would be nice so that even if you lose to someone, your score is safe.

GG ace, can't believe I came back that close, prayed for a flinch but it never came :(

Out of everything Effect Spore COULD have done it just HAAAD to paralyze Scizor right when I use Trick Room.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
yeah watch out for person "shiro*"

uses a bog standard rain team and will quit when you wall him/her with ferrothorn

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Atta boy Ryno (high 1600s) for forfeiting and not disconnecting, you are a true honor. If only certain other battlers were gracious in defeat.

Just lost to Ace from Colombia. It seems like it's taking forever for me to make it into the 1900s without being disconnected on, getting 1-3 points per battle, or losing.

Just lost to Ace from Colombia. It seems like it's taking forever for me to make it into the 1900s without being disconnected on, getting 1-3 points per battle, or losing.
same goes for me, it's taking forever!
Yup. It's almost detrimental to have a high rating. You get disconnected on often, you get deducted too many points when you lose, and you don't gain enough points when you win. Any small amount of hax can cost you 15-25 points, while the person you're facing has generally nothing to lose. It's insanely frustrating.

Well, considering that I'm not really adamant with this tourney, finally getting to 1620 over a grand total of 10 games is pretty good, also considering that nearly all the people I played tonight either sucked or had really, really low rating. DC rate is surprisingly low, people are actually accepting they are loosing.

Had an awesome battle against a sand team got a little lucky but was a really close match
Saved the battle
The video no. is 14-97385-99882

KAL-EL could be a cheater(aside from the DCing). A Poison Jab off his Toxicroak did around 75% to my Hitmontop with the standard spread. I know he couldn't have been Banded because he used Fake Out the previous turn. I also don't remember a Life orb, but even a max damage role would not do as much as it did.

As the game was reaching its end stages, I think there was a communciation error on my part so it just ended there. I kind of wanted to see if I would be able to win, because he was using a basic Rain style that is pretty common and I want to know how my team fares against

@KoWL I don't care too much about my DC rate, I think my score is like 1661 so I am not really trying to place well.

I kicked his butt like 5 times, lol.

A psychic type move did that Toxicroak in every time.

R from Mexico, wow. He has to be the classiest player I've ever battled. I haxed him so much but yet he refused to disconnect. That guy is truly an honorable battler.

57-53008-68134

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
R from Mexico, wow. He has to be the classiest player I've ever battled. I haxed him so much but yet he refused to disconnect. That guy is truly an honorable battler.

57-53008-68134
Playing you now rukario. GL.
GG man! Those paras/crits almost cost me!

battle vid #: 48-51073-29503

There must be more than one Shiro* or maybe he has multiple catridges. I went against a snow team, the one I'm on now is a rain team, from Australia.

Surprisingly, this one didn't dc on me
Shiro* is just a filter. There are a lot of trainers with censored names around.

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Okay taking a break for today and going out with some friends. I'm at 2132 with an 8% d/c rate.

edit: gg synre XD i know you weren't prepared for that =X <3 zen mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)