International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
gg zaki haha what a match..that sandstream at the beginning irritated me because i run max speed tyrannitar which is veeery rare... and sitrus meta caught me..oh well next time ;P

49-54312-23185
It might seem like I'm just saying this because I won, but it is genuinely refreshing to be able to have a close battle where you have to use your brain... Battles like that are the reason I play this game. I do feel a little bad about the meteor mash misses but that's just part of the risk when you choose to use that move =/... gg

at like 1690 i would think, no particularly good randoms. People DCing after they lose but before stuff gets submitted, but their scores are so pathetic it doesn't matter much. Zachdro, what exactly is so special about this team of 11:11's?

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
tethering wifi at the bar, i'm up to 2193. i'm like the nerdiest guy here right now lol. but i gotta do something while i'm waiting to DD i guess.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just lost to a 1426 by way of a Discharge crit and double paralyze, followed by a Waterfall flinch, lol. Lost earlier to Gliscor Ice Fang freeze and then a double Outrage hitting the same mon. Looks like 1813 will be my peak as I'm about to lose a massive amount of points.

I keep seeing players in the 1400s with EVed teams and it makes me wonder do they just face really good players or what, I'd think with an EVed team you'd at least be able to be over 1500.

Yeah done for tonight.

Posting for my success for the current 4 days

Battle 1: Bonta from Chile (Lost 0-3)
Battle 2: Babby? from ??? (Lost 0-3)
Battle 3: David from Arizona (Lost 0-1)
Battle 4: Luvier from Mexico (Lost 0-3)
Battle 5: Bruna From None (Won 4-0)
Battle 6: Paul from New Jersey (Won 2-0)
Battle 7: Jermany from ??? (Lost 0-4)
Battle 8: Kanade from British Columbia Candada (Lost 0-2)
Battle 9: Henry from Michigan (Won 4-0)
Battle 10:Tommyxd from Marche Italy (Lost 0-4)
Battle 11: Jrank from Arkansas (Won 1-0)
Battle 12: Caleb Georgia (Won 2-0)
Battle 13: DMAC Iowa (Won 1-0)
Day2
Battle 14: Mitch from None (Won 3-0)
Battle 15: Jorge Illinois (Won 4-0)
Battle 16 Natsuki from None (Won 2-0)
Battle 17: Caleb from None (lost 0-1)
Battle 18: Yoshi* hesse germany (Lost 0-3)
Battle 19: Joshua Canada Ontario (won 2-0)
Battle 20: Emile MASSACHUSETTS d/c
Battle 21: Carlos From ??? after 3-3 D/C
Battle 22: Roman form none D/C after 3-0
Battle 23: Khali from ??? (Lost 0-1)
Battle 24: Rick Mexico (won 3-0)
Battle 25 ??? from ??? (won 3-0)
Battle 26: Dorain from Colorado (Won 2-0)
36 (72)
Day 3
Battle 27: Frank Ohio won (2-0)
Battle 28: Marko.p Italy (Loss 0-1)
Battle 29: Nada Mexico won 2-0
Battle 30: Cynthia from none won 2-0
Battle 31: Alexa none Won 3-0
(91)

Day 4
Battle 32: Joy sao paulo Brazil (Lost 0-1)
Battle 33: Andree Peru (Won 3-0)
Battle 34: Alvaro Guatemala (Won 2-0)
Battle 35: Jamal from Kansas (Won 2-0)
Battle 36: Andy from New York D/C after he won(which I found funny that he did that)
Battle 37: Jesse From Minnesota (Won 2-0)
Battle 38: Shadow none (Won 2-0)
Battle 39: Arden From none (Won 3-0)
Battle 40:Mendy from Mexico (Lost 0-2)
Battle 41: The PACO from New York (won 3-0)

Total Pokemon Defeated to Pokemon Lost to Pokemon Suvived: 124:90:64
Total Pokemon Record: 22-14-3
Battles Recorded to Battles overall 36:41
Rating After day 4 1642
Smogoners that I have Played: 0 (Jrank's Dad) that i know of

Props beating
Jranks Dad when i know i should of lost!:toast:
Easy wins for me by playing NOOBS:toast:

Slops:
Not Having a Focus Sash on T-TAR (or any item):evan:
Life-orb on Garchomp:evan:
Not being able to Abuse EQ on t-tar
Having more Losses than I Expected

Hope to Continue to do good and hoping to do well

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just also faced ThePACO from New York, what an awful and weird team it was indeed. Needless to say I managed to 4-0 it with team:ee.

TPCi wrote me back on my complaint:
Thank you for contacting Pokémon Support. We see that you are inquiring about actions taken against players who appear to be disconnecting before the end of a GBU battle.

We do have a system in place to track the frequency of user disconnects while battling. While this does penalize players, the main goal of Global Battle Union is for Pokémon players to have fun battling with one another, in a safe, friendly environment. Please try to enjoy yourselves out there no matter what happens!

We hope this answers your question and wish you luck in your GBU battles!

Huy

INSTANT BALLS
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Pics or it didn't happen.
my cameras kinda shitty so the flash is a little fucked up. i'm just showing my friend how i usually activate zen mode on my team

edit: done for the night at 2197, gotta start driving these guys back to their house to play some mario party yea!

Lol EE, that reply is almost more insulting than if they just hadn't replied at all. Wonder how bad of a grade I'd get if I submitted that sort of response as an answer in one of my marketing classes...

Man I'm totally going to do that next time I know I don't need the points in a class. "I'm sorry you found problems with our product. We're not particularly trying to fix them, but we hope you like it, anyway! :)" Running out of chances but here's hoping the last semester has nice opportunities for this.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Fights a 1978 person using mono-sand. I spend the entire battle thinking "are you going to D/C yet?". Apparantly took him until he lost 3-0 to do so.

Now I'm fighting CakesofSpan, good luck.

So I faced this guy:

Julius 2028 Mexico
Politoed
Toxicroak
Rotom-W
Tornadus
Kingdra
Zapdos

I was expecting a disconnect for many reasons, and sure enough, once I absolutely WRECKED his cookie cutter rain team, he DCs on me.

Just assume he's going to DC on you when you play him, there's no way a guy this awful could get 2028 rating the right way.

I would be very thankful if someone can put this video on Youtube: 85-99789-06767
It's my match against CakesOfSpan from Yesterday.^^
I could upload if you'd like, not the best quality but it would work. d:

gg Cakes.
GG. @_@ I think I ended up confusing myself greatly that game, trying to count the TR counter when it was never up in the first place. Despite that I feel safe saying that the better player won.

After a rough stretch of matches tonight I've definitely 'burnt out' and gotten a bit frustrated, although I believe I (partially) understand why. First and foremost I chose to take a step back and look at why I'm actually playing in this fun little tournament. I've definitely gotten way too caught up with my rating and played way too many matches for my own good. Furthermore, I've been raging a bit more than I'd like to (ideally I shouldn't rage at all!) and have made some irrational decisions. After a couple of rough loses to some quality players, I have re-evaluated my reasoning for playing all these matches. By playing with a high ranking in mind, I have simultaneously lowered my quality of play and made my experience less enjoyable. Instead, I intend on using my last day to work on improving my decision making. More specifically, these WiFi challenges are a great way to take a couple risks and really zone in on your prediction skills without the potential costs that are faced at 'real events.' This attitude of improvement also helps alleviate the potential anger caused by suspiciously timed disconnections.

Another point that I would like to mention is that you need to be willing to accept a loss for the reason that it occurred. Far too often I'll lose a match and say to myself, "I could have easily played better" while in reality your opponent was just a better player. By accepting this, you can go back and analyze each move for the sake of improvement!

;_; Eh I'm tired, I'll stop ranting/moaning.

GG. @_@ I think I ended up confusing myself greatly that game, trying to count the TR counter when it was never up in the first place. Despite that I feel safe saying that the better player won.

After a rough string of matches tonight, although I believe I (partially) understand why. First and foremost I chose to take a step back and look at why I'm actually playing in this fun little tournament. I've definitely gotten way too caught up with my rating and played way too many matches for my own good. Furthermore, I've been raging a bit more than I'd like to (ideally I shouldn't rage at all!) and have made some irrational decisions. After a couple of rough loses to some quality players, I have re-evaluated my reasoning for playing all these matches. By playing with a high ranking in mind, I have simultaneously lowered my quality of play and made my experience less enjoyable. Instead, I intend on using my last day to work on improving my decision making. More specifically, these WiFi challenges are a great way to take a couple risks and really zone in on your prediction skills without the potential costs that are faced at 'real events.' This attitude of improvement also helps alleviate the potential anger caused by suspiciously timed disconnections.

Another point that I would like to mention is that you need to be willing to accept a loss for the reason that it occurred. Far too often I'll lose a match and say to myself, "I could have easily played better" while in reality your opponent was just a better player. By accepting this, you can go back and analyze each move for the sake of improvement!

This post is awesome. People need to think like this more often (including myself) because it would help calm you down and focus on improving the weak areas.

By the way, if you want to talk with me and Crow on Skype, jump on! He said to tell you that he wants you to get on, lol.

After a rough stretch of matches tonight I've definitely 'burnt out' and gotten a bit frustrated, although I believe I (partially) understand why. First and foremost I chose to take a step back and look at why I'm actually playing in this fun little tournament. I've definitely gotten way too caught up with my rating and played way too many matches for my own good. Furthermore, I've been raging a bit more than I'd like to (ideally I shouldn't rage at all!) and have made some irrational decisions. After a couple of rough loses to some quality players, I have re-evaluated my reasoning for playing all these matches. By playing with a high ranking in mind, I have simultaneously lowered my quality of play and made my experience less enjoyable. Instead, I intend on using my last day to work on improving my decision making. More specifically, these WiFi challenges are a great way to take a couple risks and really zone in on your prediction skills without the potential costs that are faced at 'real events.' This attitude of improvement also helps alleviate the potential anger caused by suspiciously timed disconnections.

This is a great post. I definitely got worked up over some lucky hax, or beat myself up over bad predictions on my part. I think the major frustration is coming from all of never being rewarded for doing well because the opponent disconnects. When we make a mistake or get unlucky with flinches, paralysis, etc it just makes it that much worse and rage starts to happen.

It's done me good to take a step back, look at what my team struggles against and see if I can do some fine tuning. Also getting to ~1770 (of course there have been several losses since then) in my first attempt playing anything competitively after throwing the team together in less than a week is a pretty decent accomplishment for me, so I should just let that make me feel good rather than rage at DCers.

People rage at Pokemon? I choose this because it is the least antagonizing MMO in the world at the moment(Also I hate relying on other people for my success) 21 people DC on me, Pfft I come here ask a few questions for next time it takes away the zest but no anger.

If that happened at 2400+ in WoW 3v3/5v5 I would be putting $200 up to buy a new monitor, For the 5th time in 2 years. Now I am angry just thinking about all the times other peoples fuck ups cost me my points!.

To my point, I am no great Pokemon player by any means not even close, I just understand the aspects of combat and your post is on the dot, Prediction is a massive card in your hand in almost every aspect of not only warfare but life. Honestly "The Art of War" has a few helpful passages you can apply to Pokemon battling you might like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)