International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a rough stretch of matches tonight I've definitely 'burnt out' and gotten a bit frustrated, although I believe I (partially) understand why. First and foremost I chose to take a step back and look at why I'm actually playing in this fun little tournament. I've definitely gotten way too caught up with my rating and played way too many matches for my own good. Furthermore, I've been raging a bit more than I'd like to (ideally I shouldn't rage at all!) and have made some irrational decisions. After a couple of rough loses to some quality players, I have re-evaluated my reasoning for playing all these matches. By playing with a high ranking in mind, I have simultaneously lowered my quality of play and made my experience less enjoyable. Instead, I intend on using my last day to work on improving my decision making. More specifically, these WiFi challenges are a great way to take a couple risks and really zone in on your prediction skills without the potential costs that are faced at 'real events.' This attitude of improvement also helps alleviate the potential anger caused by suspiciously timed disconnections.

Another point that I would like to mention is that you need to be willing to accept a loss for the reason that it occurred. Far too often I'll lose a match and say to myself, "I could have easily played better" while in reality your opponent was just a better player. By accepting this, you can go back and analyze each move for the sake of improvement!
Yeah, that's exactly my reason for entering this tournament too. I don't care about ratings. I don't even care about DC's much. All I'm here for is to experience what to look out for and how to improve my play, so that I can do better at Nats potentially (maybe finally beat R Inanimate in VGC tournament? hah). I'm sometimes even glad that a low rated player DCs in the middle of the battle or after first turn, etc., cuz no offense to them, but the reality is that I'll improve much more playing better players, so those people DCing just makes it faster for me to have my next battle.

Anyway, I think I learned from this tournament, so I'm happy with it. I was keeping track of my win/loss/dc when I was playing at home, but then I played a bunch of battles at my gf's house and didn't keep track when I was there. Proabably right now have around 45-ish battles and won around 30, around 7 losses, around 8 DCs, rating somewhere in the mid 1750s... fairly happy with that given the many flaws this team has.

i would be grateful if anyone uploads some battles of mine on youtube, vid numbers are as follows:
62-87645-56695 (0-1 Deku)
52-66456-73397 (3-0 ryuzaki)
21-91799-39889 (2-0 Deku)

Semi-Last day to work on my Horrible rating from yesterday. I raged quit after losing 6-in-a-row, due to stupidity, and rage playing, so with a Clear Head, I'm pretty sure I can break 1680 at least by the end of this tourney.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Good morning my friendly folks. Here's first match of the day: vs MARCO from Italy

43-13911-51099

Oh, I also faced that highly ranked 1986 player named CLAUS with a mono sand team late last night just to get a blue screen right before chance to record the battle :/

I can't seem to get past 1741 every time I do I lose the next match by being haxed or completely outplayed lol I want to get at least 1767 because 1766 is my personal record in these tourneys XD

Finally achieved that 1900 rating I was striving towards. With that, I'm officially done with this tourney. It'd be really nice to place in the top 100 or so, but I highly doubt that I'll be eligible with all the disconnections. My final record was 102-16 with 45 disconnections.

They really need to fix these type of tournaments in the future. First and foremost, they need to fix the disconnection problem. I'm not exactly sure how/what they can/will implement, but anything is better than the current situation. Secondly, they need to make it so you don't get deducted any points (or get deducted a lot fewer) when you lose. This might stop some of the more rampant disconnecting. The better players will still do well, as they win more often. It's utterly ridiculous how long it takes for you to make up the points from any loss when you have a high point total. This would also reduce the frustration of losing because of hax. It wouldn't be as big of a deal losing in that way if no points were lost.

If anybody else has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

My Team In More Detail
Crobat (F) @ Flying Gem Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Acrobatics
- Super Fang
- Taunt
- Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Wide Guard
- Sucker Punch

Rotom-W @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Protect

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Chandelure (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Trick Room
- Protect

Battles That I Saved
Battle against TheGr8
Battle against R Inanimate
Battle against a random named DAFOR
Battle against a random with a crazy comeback - 82-69450-09320
Battle against a random (my second to last battle) - 76-46244-84339

It'd be awesome if you could upload the other two Eiganjo.

Just lost in a great game vs. Kira from Texas, do they go on Smogon?

Damn... gotta work hard to even get back to the 1900s now ._.

Crossed 1950, then lost a couple of battles in a row and am now sitting at 190X. Also, has anyone here been using a REALLY bulky suicune that takes less than 50% from a max sp att latios life orb draco meteor and less than 30% from a drain punch from scrafty?

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Crossed 1950, then lost a couple of battles in a row and am now sitting at 190X. Also, has anyone here been using a REALLY bulky suicune that takes less than 50% from a max sp att latios life orb draco meteor and less than 30% from a drain punch from scrafty?
I'm not surprised. Suicune has a base 115 SpD and 115 Def stat, so that should be expected. Your opponent was probably using a Calm Mind set, if that's the case.

Yo, who else is uploading videos for the Spring Friendly?

BTW, I'm Kira. ^^

Awww, wish I could play in this..... *slap* Stupid me not registering on the DS....
There will be more. ;)
Tho, I do feel bad for missing the Autumn Friendly AND the International Challenge. -__- At least I attended VGC.

Just lost in a great game vs. Kira from Texas, do they go on Smogon?

Damn... gotta work hard to even get back to the 1900s now ._.
Anyways, I guess I should add my OT/Location to this thread... For anyone who's faced me, I'm "Kira," from Texas. (And no, that's not my real name - just a reference to the Jap. dub of Deathnote. :D )

And sorry 'bout that XD but if it makes you feel any better, I lost to "RayRizz" just before you XD

Also, Specs Rotom is BEAST! O_O!

There will be more. ;)
Tho, I do feel bad for missing the Autumn Friendly AND the International Challenge. -__- At least I attended VGC.

Anyways, I guess I should add my OT/Location to this thread... For anyone who's faced me, I'm "Kira," from Texas. (And no, that's not my real name - just a reference to the Jap. dub of Deathnote. :D )
We just battled! I'm MrZheng from NY, you beat me in a pretty intense game haha :)

We just battled! I'm MrZheng from NY, you beat me in a pretty intense game haha :)
Yes it was... I had the hardest time trying to decide between Bullet Punching Garchomp or using Acrobatics on Hitmontop... didn't know if you'd Protect against the obvious incoming Bullet Punch... Scary stuff XD Def. recorded that match and uploaded it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)