1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Nickscor, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pwrtoppl

pwrtoppl

Just beat dmac with 1-0 gastro...close dude, sorry I called your predictions
  2. Plusle

Plusle

GG kingofkongs. At like a 1960 rating so not high nough to win.
  3. ZachDro

ZachDro

Lolol 3 ties this tourney now. >_<

Gonna get a bit more rating on my main then call it a tournament.

Down to 1197 on my own game cart, rofl I think I can do it!
  4. Ignitrua

Ignitrua

Yeah I'm giving up.
    I haven't played at allsince 9am Saturday morning during which I went from a Win:Lose ratio of 27:1 to 1:1 - haxx finally killed me, and, so, yeah, I pretty much auto-lose now. I'll be back next time!
  5. drug_duck

drug_duck

Just beat JiveTime 4-0 without hax and and an error occurred when the results were being transmitted :( gg though and don't take this too serious bro.
  6. Kaphotics

Kaphotics Remodeling Kitchens
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon

obviously because team Pokecheck chose not to compete :)
  7. Billa

Billa

gg jive, i have nothing against gastrodon
  8. JiveTime

JiveTime

Dude I didn't D/C :S, I forfeited and was more than happy to give you those points for I am just playing for shits and giggles at this point due to my D/C rating being too high and bound to be disqualified. I actually wanted to save that battle and play it back to see where I made mistakes/where I could improve in the future...I figured you recognized my name and D/C'd to spare my rating

gg boss.
  9. soon

soon

I only DCed one guy who won a crit with a Hitmontop. Sorry, I can't take that, since my Chandy is EVed such that it will survive a gem dark gem.

As for the others, I didn't DC, it really could be my internet working up. I give wins to others too. Or I played all kinds of RQ, my ratings would be 1900+. I am not the kind of DCer you are thinking, dude. I did almost 80+ Battles recorded battles cos I didn't attempt to RQ, less that Hitmontop KO my Chandy with crit Sucker punch.
  10. supersaiyan

supersaiyan

just played against Drifter (is he on here?) sorry for the crits on gyarados and volcarona, you deserved the win.

I really need to teach some of my mons protect/priority attacks...
  11. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't Hit WoW
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Last day and I won't get to play more than an hour at most... I guess I'll take my 2009 and a top 10 finish.
  12. bellanko

bellanko

Just faced Expert Evan. Won 1-0 GG! and sorry for that frozen S:
  13. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Just had a good game against bellanko i think. Was about to stall out tailwind, but obviously i get frozen by blizzard :(
  14. bellanko

bellanko

Oh your evan xD though i played with Expert Evan... GG! Sorry for that frozen S:
  15. Picollo

Picollo

1997...lol and i have to go for work and only 3 hours left in the evening..i guess i will stick with that fail-funny number and a maybe top 15 result.

if i will get a rating anyway..i have to admit though i ragequitted 4 times, but always when my opponent haxed me out like hell and its fucking frustrating losing like 50 points just because your opponent gets 3 criticals + 3 paras in a row :( the even more funny thing is, i faced almost everyone again , where i ragequitted, beated them and guess they ragequitted xD I guess that makes it somehow fair.

my dcrate should be high, maybe iam lucky to get the rating cause day one i battled a lot of battles and had almost no dcs...hmhmhmhm.
  16. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

Just faced and beat Expert Evan, GG
  17. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

Alexis?
    no, this Alexis. gg Alexis, my team usually has a hard time against cresselia there
  18. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid

Yeah its Euan, ah well hax happens.
  19. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

Yes It was me (se second match I mean...) GG
  20. Expert Evan

is a Forum Moderator

It looks like I'll end team:goatee's run on a winning note with a 4-0 win which should put my final rating at around 1750. Just for the record I did not disconnect intentionally against anyone this time. Wish I could say the same for the likes of AuraRayquaza (TARAN), RayRizz & Ben7000 though I'm sure they're going to claim it was their wifi connection, but their bloated ratings would suggest to me otherwise. Those 3 were brilliant matches I would win only to get those accomplishments taken away, so I demand an apology.

21. Osirus182

Osirus182

I'd like to echo Evans words here, I really am so disappointed with the amount of D/C issues the majority of players have faced throughout this event. I gave up, to my regret, early on in this tournament because of my D/C percentage which was something I had hardly any problems with in the past wifi tournament. I have been surprised more than I thought by a lot of players I held and rated highly with their actions throughout these events because there is really no excuse what so ever to D/C a battle no matter what the outcome is. I understand that frustration can 'hit in' when you players are continually D/C'd on themselves but its like a vicious circle and knock on effect to encourage more players to do the same in future matches if you do the same yourselves. Although I will congratulate the top players for their efforts I feel a bit resentful of this as I don't believe the results for this, and you can argue the past events, to be a true reflection of the best players. Lets hope for the next event Nintendo, TCPi and Gamefreak have something in the works to prevent these issues from ruining these events and creating rifts amongst the community.
  22. _AlexiS_

_AlexiS_

Totally agree with you both guys...
  23. Plusle

Plusle

EE, that is not Ben7000 you played as he is not even in the tournament I think. About 1980 so going to aim for the top 5 finish after school.
  24. Expert Evan

is a Forum Moderator

Thanks for confirming that Plusle, I won't blacklist those last 2 imposters, but hopefully AuraRayquaza should come forward.

team:ee just got DC'd on after 1st turn against someone with a salamence/yanmega lead.

now facing Rose (1235) how lovely.
    easy last win before I go to work.
  25. Justicized

Justicized

just fpught a guy named Eden. with a 1884 rating, and well, kinda had luck with his switch, but he dcd in the end... gg man if you're here
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)