1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Discussion in 'Global Battle Union' started by Nickscor, Apr 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. llRyuu

llRyuu

Im In , i am new here lols :)
  2. lolnub

lolnub

just registered. Lolnub from the Netherlands.
  3. Baz Anderson

Baz Anderson

Well I'm in. Bit of a different party to the last tournament.
  4. Expert Evan

Expert Evan every battle has a smell!
    is a Forum Moderator

all registered, once again will primarily use team:goatee on my regular white version while using once again team:ee on my black rom version

Both greetings indicate YO I'M OLD MAN or something to that effect.
  5. Dozz

Dozz Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Dozz from the East of England is in on this one. I doubt i'll play as much as the international tourney, but maybe I'll get a few more battle against smogoners this time.
  6. xXSewadleXx

xXSewadleXx

7. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

Oh, Jon from PA.
  8. TheCalmSnivy

TheCalmSnivy

i'm in
    trainer name will be TCSnivy
  9. Sapphire Birch

Sapphire Birch
    is a Past SPL Winner

Entering.

<3Csmugs from New York.
  10. The Knights of Wario Land

The Knights of Wario Land

In in in

Ryan from PA, catchphrase "Do you know that STRATEGY is USELESS?"
  11. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

entered as caleb from new york. Using my same old "did you know that GOOD LUCK is useless?"
  12. Otterz

Otterz

Im in with the phrase "JYNX bothers me"
  13. Drifblim

Drifblim

Chuppa from NY

"Everybody! DRIFLOON!"
  14. GhostGator

GhostGator

Just signed up! Went on a 10 win streak in random matchup today so im feeling pretty darn confident with meh team:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Good luck to all who compete! :D
  15. Ignitrua

Ignitrua

Just registered yesterday morning as "Gen'ei" from South-East/West (I can't remember lol) England. I believe my 'phrase' is: Good luck! HERE I COME!

My team just peaked #14 on Skarmbliss (by far the highest I've ever peaked), so I'm going to do better with mah free time. GL to all!
  16. Skyshayde

Skyshayde

Registered, Sky from texas
  17. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I have entered, Havak from North West, United Kingdom. I don't have a team yet, so I might try to get some Pokémon today and come up with something.

In other news, for those who didn't notice. The GBU Upgrade next month will add a 'Report' feature for the GBU, which I assume will allow us to point out people who disconnected, which in turn will hopefully will cut the disconnecting down.
  18. Sapphire Birch

Sapphire Birch
    is a Past SPL Winner

If thats the case I can imagine people raging because of hax and reporting people as if they disconnected.
  19. Plusle

Plusle

Registered, ED from the UK and my greeting is Nothing Beats PLUSLE!
  20. Fantom0

Fantom0

Yeah, you show 'em Plusle!
  21. bearsfan092

bearsfan092

Let me just warn you that playing on Skarmbliss really isn't like playing on a DS. There are differences between the metagames, or at least there was for the previous tournament. However, seeing as the Japanese metagame is cut off from this tournament, your performance on Skarmbliss might be more indicative of your ability in this tournament.
  22. GARCHOMPZILLA

GARCHOMPZILLA

keep in mind that there are going to (probably) also be a lot of players who aren't good as well, so either way you're bound to win some.

I just went 116 in a row undefeated in GBU before getting my second loss ever since one against a 3000 something wins japanese player when i had around 60. Since the japanese aren't playing though, I think I'm confident with my team.
  23. Tan

Tan

I'm in. Ryan from Texas with a trainer phrase: "Hitmontop? I didn't see that coming!"

There is no prize for winning this right?
  24. ZachDro

ZachDro

I'll be under 'ZachDro' from Wisconsin on one, and I'll have a second game cart for my other one, most likely my brother's.

I'm ready to post the live scores thread the day before it starts- I have the thread pretty much completely formatted, and I've got a Google Docs page linked and ready to roll as to not create a megathread. If you could post the link to the live scores thread once it's open on the OP of this thread that would be fantastic!

Also Nickscor- you might want to encourage people to keep track of their disconnects on the OP (like please do it XD). The wins, losses, and rating are easy to check, but DCs can help people not panic later on, or can help them understand why or why not they were not included in ratings. There were too many posts about people scared about their DC rating being too high or not sure what it was, and it's a nice thing to know, especially when keeping tabs on a ratings page.

Also for the sake of sanity (to everyone), DON'T DISCONNECT ON OTHERS, even if you get BSed out of a match against something stupid awful! Many people are on alts, also, so odds are you will be found. Just be honest, hax is part of the game, don't pick it up if you can't accept that =/

EDIT: No physical prize Tan, but the solace of knowing your team is capable and you can play well against a large majority of other players is a good enough reward haha.
  25. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

As we found out last time, if you disconnect you'll be paired up with other disconnectors so it's a bad idea to do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)