Here's the team!

Anax (Yanmega) @ Life Orb
Modest
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 Def
Bug Buzz
Air Slash
Giga Drain
Protect

I used Yanmega extensively to beat the Hitmontop, Gastrodon, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and plenty of others that abounded in this tournament. His physical bulk is great, and he can 2HKO practically all the metagame.

Sadako (Mienshao) @ Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
Hi Jump Kick
Rock Slide
Fake Out
Protect

Next tournament I'm going to go without Mienshao, but I relied on her again for this one! Only missed with HJK once, and I got a lot of free turns by Protecting after the Sash was used up and they'll try to snipe her with priority.

Tyranitar @ Air Balloon
Naughty
Forget spread, but distributed among HP, Atk, SpA.
Crunch
Substitute
Focus Punch
Ice Beam

I'm probably the only one using subpunch Ttar in doubles. With outstanding Special bulk even with Naughty. Tyranitar crushed any Latios, Cresselia, and Chandelure as well as killing Chomp and Landorus thanks to Air Balloon.

Ephraim (Landorus) @ Ground Gem
Naive
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpA
Earthquake
Rock Slide
HP Ice... 62
Protect

Ground Gem EQ gave Tar a free sub once or twice. 62 power, unboosted HP Ice failed to OHKO a Salamence, but otherwise Landorus pulled his weight.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Sassy
248 HP/44 Def/208 SpD
Light Screen
Discharge
Roost
Heat Wave

Sassy Zapdos is Sassy. Although SpD Zapdos is a generally inferior set, this one was helpful with Light Screen and Heat Wave. I would often use Zappy alongside Ephraim or Colossus for an epic 2-hit combo or to protect it from Blizzards and Rock Slides.

Colossus (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/216 Def/42 SpD
Wide Guard
Thunder Wave
Return
Confuse Ray

I slapped myself for forgetting about Wide Guard in the Autumn Friendly. Regigigas fought beautifully this time around as before; Mienshao and Tyranitar loved Paralysis support the most.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Finally got DCed on again after over 30 games without a DC.

A player in the high 1800's with the trainer name Jacob. He used Hitmontop, Tornadus, Zapdos, and Garchomp against me.

30-5-5.

Thanks Eiganjo for uploading all those videos!

I uploaded a couple more videos (not sure if you'll put them in or something, but doesn't matter if you don't have time):
83-06528-74863
and
95-10978-89455 (Nothing amazing, just what I do vs sand team)

I mainly wanted to test out Empoleon and Cradily for VGC (and Landorus too, but I mean, I knew it would be good on occasions). Sometimes Empoleon really rocks while other times it kind of sucks. This is one of those battles where Empoleon totally rocked. No Cradily in this match --> but I do like how Cradily deals fairly well with both rain (except for Toxicroak) and sand... just gotta stay away from abomasnow.

I see a Metagross + Cresselia lead while I led with Hitmontop and Crobat. These were my thoughts before my first move:
- I was thinking that my opponent (being a decent player) would think that I think his Metagross has Zen Headbutt, so he'd think that I'll most likely fake out his Metagross, so he will protect with Metagross. So, since I predict that he'd predict with Metagross, I'll fake Out Cresselia instead. The other reason is that Cresselia is much less likely to carry protect than Metagross.
- I can Heatwave or Shadow Ball with Chandelure. I know from experience that Ghost Gem Shadow Ball won't KO Cresselia, but it will do a lot of damage to her. From the team preview I don't have much confidence that Chandelure will get to survive long, so now is probably the best time to Ghost Gem Shadow Ball that bulky duck.

Turn 1 went well as I predicted the protect on Metagross correctly. Thoughts for next turn:
- Seeing Sitrus on Cresselia means that it is not likely running Chesto Rest, and since it was already somewhat low health, I decided that I won't try to attack it a lot, because I'd rather have it stay on the field not doing much than have another offensive pokemon in the field. In hindsight, I'm not sure if that's really good thinking
- Chandelure should outspeed Metagross, so Heat wave to deal damage to Metagross seems to be a good option. I do want to preserve Hitmontop though, because Intimidate and fake out are useful. I could double target Metagross (Close Combat and Heatwave) to ensure KOing it, but if it switches to Latios, I would have just somewhat wasted my Fighting Gem.
- I was also thinking that Cresselia might switch too, since another Shadow Ball would KO it, so opponent might want to preserve it for later and switch in something unkown. Either way, heatwave for hitting both opponent seems to be a good idea.
- I was not too fond of the situation that Metagross is likely to carry earthquake while Cresselia is immune, while both of mine will take damage from it (and Chandelure takes a lot of damage from it). Also, Cresselia may very well carry thunderwave. With those two information combined, I decided to switch hitmontop out for Landorus, ideally hoping for Earthquake + Thunderwave (well, even more ideally, Chandelure outspeeds and OHKOs Metagross before it can EQ).

So the plan of action is switch Hitmontop->Landorus + Heatwave.
Turn 2 didn't go as planned as Cresselia is running Icy Wind instead of Thunderwave and Landorus takes a beating from Metagross and Cresselia. I was happy that it still survived though. I'm also fairly happy that Chandelure is still at full health. Heat wave missing Cress didn't really matter much. It would have helped, but no big deal.

Thoughts for next turn:
- I don't see Cresselia doing anything else but Icy Wind this turn. Either that or switch to something else threatening. Either way, Chandelure should just be staying in to attack at least another turn.
- For Landorus, it was really a matter of switching or Protect. I'm not attacking, because Metagross might have Bullet Punch. I decided that Protecting to scout for bullet punch is probably the way to go. It has Protect, Zen Headbutt, and two other moves. Could be two steel moves, but not likely, so either Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch... Not much other thought really.

Turn 3: I didn't get the info on Metagross's steel move that I wanted. Cresselia took a little bit more damage, so I'm fine. I don't really care much about the speed decrease, because I think his team would outspeed Chandelure even with just one icy wind anyway. Thoughts for next turn:

- For Landorus's side: I still don't know if Metagross has bullet punch, but I have a perfect switch in for Metagross anyway as long as it doesn't use EQ ... aka Empoleon. Even if it EQs... it's not the end of the world since Empoleon has a Shuca Berry, and I plan on Heatwave KOing Metagross this turn anyway.
- For Chandelure's side: From team preview, his team might have Latios or Tyranitar as fire resists, so it's possible for those to switch in, but I didn't think Tyranitar was a high chance, because the Tyranitar on his team seemed to be more for changing weather based on the team preview. He might not really want to have Ttar on his team when Hitmontop is there and also sand boosts Cradily's special defense. So yeah, again, not too much to think other than just attack and see what happens. Plan of action is switch to Empoleon and Heatwave.

Turn 4 was awesome, giving me the info that Metagross was running Steel Gem Meteor Mash which did barely anything to Empoleon 4x resisting it, and Metagross is finally dead.

- Opponent's Cresselia wasn't doing much before (other than turn 2). It's definitely doing even less now. It's basically almost dead now. I'm pretty sure it does not have rest (it would have used it 1 or 2 turns ago). I really wonder what other moves this Cress has though. It should have something better to do than Icy Wind doing next to no damage, I thought.
- The awesome thing about Empoleon is... I don't think Cloyster can do much to it either. And, I know that Cloyster has horrible Special Defense. It is very likely to attack Chandelure (seeing how it can't do anything to Empoleon). So, this turn is obvious: Surf + Protect to kill off Cresselia while doing some noticeable damage to Cloyster.

Turn 5 turned out to be a good turn. It's what I expected to happen, and Cloyster certainly took a lot from a resisted surf. Also I see that it's using Rock Blast for Chandelure. Not sure why it didn't use a water move, but that's fine, even better actually. Thoughts for next turn:
- So now that Cresselia and Metagross both fainted, opponent's team only has two pokemon left. I don't mind Chandelure fainting now, but I for some reason thought that Intimidating Cloyster might be a better idea. Coming in to take very little from -1 Rock Blast sounds ok. Also, if Latios has a White Herb (for Draco Meteor), Intimidate would be awesome too. At this point, I know that I probably won, because Cloyster can't do much to Empoleon, and Latios needs to have something like Tbolt to do damage to Empoleon, but if I switch in Hitmontop, Latios is "forced" to attack Hitmontop with either Draco Meteor or Psychic/Psyshock, because Hitmontop's just going to Sucker Punch.

Anyway, it might have been just as good of an idea to keep Chandelure in so Hitmontop gets a safe switch in, but yeah, the rest of the game is just formality, so I guess I won't say too much more.

Well, my Empoleon has a super effective hidden power for Cloyster (which has tons of weaknesses anyway)... that makes things even easier I guess.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
As things come to a close, I suppose I'll post my team and thoughts:

Since I've been playing Tales of Graces f as of late, the following probably sums the team up nicely:
"Oh Lady of Azure, blaze a trail to the unknown... SAPPHIRING SQUAD!"

Politoed (F) @ Choice Scarf ***Destiny
Trait: Drizzle
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Perish Song
- Hypnosis

Ludicolo (M) @ Absorb Bulb ***Phantasia
Trait: Swift Swim
- Fake Out
- Giga Drain
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Kingdra (F) @ Life Orb ***Vesperia
Trait: Swift Swim
- Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- ???
- Protect

Metagross @ Psychic Gem ***Symphonia
Trait: Clear Body
- Zen Headbutt
- Meteor Mash
- Protect
- Bullet Punch

Gastrodon (F) @ Rindo Berry ***The Abyss
Trait: Storm Drain
- Surf
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Arcanine (F) @ Fire Gem ***Xillia
Trait: Intimidate
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Protect

It's a rain team. It's similar to my November rain team. The nicknames are what I would have if for my Pokemon if 1) nicknames were displayed, and 2) if I could actually change the nicknames of all my Pokemon (lousy 4th gen trade forwards), but since I can't I'll just say I did even though I left them with my Nanoha related nicknames. >_>

I'll withold on EVs and nature and stuff, though some of it is pretty obvious. The IVs are not perfect, as per usual for me though I'm too lazy to write what they are this time. Moves and items all show up in the videos, so there's no point in hiding them. The exception is Kingdra's last move, so I'll let you guess what it was.

It's a team that doesn't have anything to prove to me. I've played it on PO and GBU and it has worked great for me, even though it's technically now an outdated team.

I felt that the compete level in this tourney was a step lower than it has been in the previous tourney, and possibly even the Autumn Friendly. Though I don't particularly mind fighting 1400 players that are mowed down by Surf, since it's not much different from playing a Battle Subway opponent, it does make me lose interest in playing as many battles as I did in the previous two Wi-Fi tourneys. On the other hand, I fought a lot more Smogon players this time around compared to the previous two tourneys, probably more this time than the previous two tourneys combined, in fact, which made trodding through pointless battles worth it. Somehow, I managed to pull a win against nearly all Smogoners I faced, my losses were due to a untimely critical hit, and performing a turn 1 miss. It seemed that whenever I fought against a Smogon player, I had an abnormal amount of insight to the battle, constantly making correct predictions and narrowly winning battles that could have slpped away from my grasp at a moment's notice.

Still a fun experience, but I sort of hope they don't go throwing Wi-Fi tourneys so soon after each other... it gets you burnt out really quickly. =/

Anyways,
"SURF is COOL, right?"

Colossus (Regigigas) @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP/216 Def/42 SpD
Wide Guard
Thunder Wave
Return
Confuse Ray
I found Regigigas was strongest when I could worry seed off the slow start and put 252 attk/spd, giving him zen headbutt, return, and drain punch (zen was for ghosts mainly)

I suppose itd be a start to list my team for once...

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't want to go into too much detail about my team, but I had a few ideas and I tried to do too much of it at once. It doesn't really work the way I had planned, but I didn't test it and made it last minute, so yeah.. I have very unique EVs that I can't even remember:

Thundurus @ Chesto Berry
~ Thunderbolt
~ Thunder Wave
~ Swagger
~ Rest

Metagross @ Lum Berry
~ Iron Head
~ Ice Punch
~ Earthquake
~ Protect

Beheeyem @ Leftovers
~ Psychic
~ Safeguard
~ Ally Switch
~ Thunder Wave

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
~ Quiver Dance
~ Heat Wave
~ Bug Buzz
~ Protect

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
~ Crunch
~ Rock Slide
~ Low Kick
~ Protect

Ludicolo @ Sitrus Berry
~ Scald
~ Giga Drain
~ Leech Seed
~ Fake Out

I managed to pull a win against nearly all Smogoners I faced, my losses were due to a untimely critical hit, and performing a turn 1 miss.
That was such a close match! I felt bad after that crit though :/ and very nice team. You also threw me off when you lead with arcanine, or even having arcanine for that matter. And that fire gem flare blitz 0_o the power!

15 minute match versus Magnet (China) and what do you know, DC

Now as a reward I'm getting completely haxed out. Good tournamet 9.9

Like I said, there will be DC'ers. In the inside, they know they're not doing well in the event, so they DC to feel good about not losing. Nothing we can do about it, you have to live with it. Quit crying about it and move on. It's OK to say someone DC'ed you, like others say someone DC'ed against them. But if you constantly talk about banning all the DC'ers here, that's pretty negative. We're not going to accept your request to forfeit for every DC if you're going to always complain about it here. Although, you can talk about a battle where you got DC'ed, but don't attack the DC'ers.
I have now, Just find it funny a guy who got banned for DCing then did it again has posted even multiple times today. Although I do believe all DCers should get banned I have not declared it more than once so I do not see it as negative.

The person I made the request to did accept it, Twice. Then went on to rephrase it the way he liked and never did that either.

Why would I not attack DCers? They are ruining the last popular and competitive single player MMORPG in the world. I got DC'd on 21 times so really my post count is still under that number. I will add a DC story under each post if you want to nitpick.

Officially done with the tourney. Ending with a 1558 Rating, due to being D/C and some bad choices.

Team was:
Tyranitar @Thunder Gem
Adamant
Thunder Fang
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Payback

The thunder gem was mostly for Water types. And worked as the weather setter.

Excadrill@Air balloon
Naive
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Claw
-Swords Dance

I forgot about the friendlies and didn't have a Life Orb. So at the point of Signing the Team Up I used an Air Ballon. Shadow Claw got some KO's on Chandelure's that would Threaten it.

Terrakion@Muscle Band
Jolly
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Sacred Sword
-Stone Edge

Muscle Band, because Choice Bands are too mainstream. Sacred Sword, because Losing -atk&def isn't always beneficial. Swords Dance, actually had some use, but I'm replacing it with Equake

Landorus@Leftovers
Rash
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Sandstorm
-U-Turn

U-turn for getting tf outta there when I had too. Worked pretty well to get some KO's on Weakened Cresselias. I had it learn Sandstorm, just in case I lost Tyranitar and my Weather. Came in handy, and won me some weather wars. (more like a weather war) lol

Empoleon@Water Gem
@Bold
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Surf
-Brine

An empoleon I traded over from DPPt. So I had it use brine over Scald, I would have preferred Scald, but I thought about it when it was too late. Flash Cannon, secondary STAB. No other explanation.

Latios@Mental Herb
@Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball
-Luster Purge

A response to Rain Teams. Using their rain against them. Also got me a bunch of KO's with Draco Meteor, except Missing in a Couple Critical Moments (i.e. Against a Slower Garchomp, and a Salamence). I like Luster Purge. It looks Cool. So I use it over psychic on Latios.

Typically I used latios Last. So Being stuck with a -2 Latios wasn't really appealing. It also Helped when I ended up Leading with it, allowing me to get 2 Guaranteed KO's more often than not.
You mean White Herb, right? Mental Herb cures Taunt and infatuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)