International Wi-Fi Tournament - 2012 Spring Friendly - WON BY JIVETIME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thats it for my first wifi event.

1671 20-8-11. Hopefully I dont get dqed for my d/c rate. Was just above 25%. Gl to everyone in the rankings

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
idk man i've never seen a really crappy team win worlds

i actually saw a really good team win seniors worlds 2011 it was nice
Ahh, you're referring to Kamz! What I mean is that you can do well with any team (unless the Pokémon are underleveled), you just have to know exactly what you're doing, and predict well! This is what I call originality!

Okay, i'm done. I'm finishing off with a 2002 rating which I was barely able to get after I lost to JiveTime :P again, gg. And about a 23% DC rate, but good luck to everybody else!

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ahh, you're referring to Kamz! What I mean is that you can do well with any team (unless the Pokémon are underleveled), you just have to know exactly what you're doing, and predict well! This is what I call originality!
I don't know about that... no amount of prediction is going to save you if all 6 of your Pokemon are weak to Surf and you have no weather control...

And though BrightPowder can save you, maybe... that's luck not prediction.

This tournament is now officially OVER.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I don't know about that... no amount of prediction is going to save you if all 6 of your Pokemon are weak to Surf and you have no weather control...

And though BrightPowder can save you, maybe... that's luck not prediction.
Garchomp + Sand Veil + Brightpowder is retarded, lol. But it's somewhat effective. 0.o OK, I have to emphasize my point again. 10% teambuilding, 90% battling!

Congrats to everyone here! Overall amazing experience, see you at the VGC's and you all at the next Friendly! Peace, I'm out! (Well, maybe not.)

When girls disconnect, it makes me want to turn gay.

Seriously, I'm finishing like 1 in every 3 battles. Thank god I only have to play this atrocity of a tournament for 26 more minutes.
Funny, I feel similar about boys. :)

Yeah man, teambuilding is like 10% of the event. 90% of it is battling (predictions!). It's possible to win the Spring Friendly (and Worlds :P) with a really crappy team like mine (lol), you just have to be able to predict well and make a move.
I think a lot of it is practice and preparation.

I enjoyed this tourney despite its flaws. I'm looking forward to the next!

done with 1915 points, 56-2-???
team was as follows:

Garchomp (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Sand Veil
Jolly Nature (*+ Spd, - Atk)
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
Adamant Nature (*+ Atk, - SAtk)
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
-Feint
-Protect

Zapdos @ Electric Gem
Trait: Pressure
Modest Nature (*+ SAtk, - Atk)
EVs: 142 HP, 252 SAtk, 116 Spd
-Thunderbolt
-Heat Wave
-Tailwind
-Detect

Tyranitar (M) @ Iron Ball
Trait: Sandstream
Jolly Nature (*+ Spd, - SAtk)
EVs: forgotten, but maxed out Atk and invested much in HP, the rest in Spd
-Rock Slide
-Fling
-Low Kick
-Protect

Latios (M) @ Dragon Gem
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (*+ Spd, -Atk)
EVs: 252 SAtk, 6 SDef, 252 Spd
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Substitute
-Protect

Hitmontop (M) @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Intimidate
Adamant Nature (*+ Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 6 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd€
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Sucker Punch
-Detect

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
after tanking about 50 points on the last day i get rayrizz, ranked 2019 or some shit, as my last opponent

would have been nice if that win actually counted instead of getting the expected dc.. hope you're dq'ed jackass

Finished with 1704! I didn't get as many points as I had hoped, literally 20 battles I'd won were disconnects from the other players... Meh. My points actually didn't go up the past two days, that's how little battles I got to 'win'.

Damn, my last opponent D/Ced when I was up 4-1. That really sucks considering it would have brought me to over 1800 :( Yeah, I'm sure keeping that 1580 rating was really important to you and your cookie cutter rain team.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
Damn, my last opponent D/Ced when I was up 4-1. That really sucks considering it would have brought me to over 1800 :( Yeah, I'm sure keeping that 1580 rating was really important to you and your cookie cutter rain team.
Happens. Great job, dude! I still want that rematch from the VGC's last year!

It says I finished at around 1764 but it didn't update for the last 2 victories I earned.

In saying this.....how can I lose over 100 points from 3 losses? Seriously, I was like 1897 and drop to around 1764 as above.......and of course the battles I should win, I get DC'ed on 9.9

And now the kicker....the last battle I got was versus this Miguel guy people are talking about, of course I 4-1 him and he DC's just before the killer blow, can I switch rankings with him? I clearly deserve it more.

I'll be checking my DC% now and hopefully I am still below 30%

And just a toast-face for anyone who did not like anything I wrote :toast:

F*** 29.3%, don't worry I am going to list all the DC'ers in my final update post :) Coming soon, I just wish I could find every single one of them so I can see if they dare DC face-to-face

Two weeks? Not bad. For my first tourney I did as well as I thought I would do. Hopefully next time I'll be prepared and not procrastinate xD

welp, it's over
I went 27-8-8 at 1678
I had AP stuff to study; I'll play more next time
I was playing spot-on against a 1930 before time ran out, but he dc'd
complete log here
Overall, I liked the tourney; it gave me a chance to see other teams outside of PO and I got to see how a possible nats team sized up

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
gg TheGr8, and good luck at nationals. I had a misclick on shadow ball instead of heat wave, but that's how it goes.

Last match after that was a hard-fought win, but as it was sending it blue-screen so wonder if that 12pm greenwich mean time affected it. otherwise it was nice to get a win at the very end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)