International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a lot of fun, though it's kind of nerve racking. Got up to 1600 after 14 matches now. Not too many disconnects, which is good; though I just had one against someone on rank 1885 or so, which was annoying. Match could probably have gone either way still, so I can't tell if they (Ares) disconnected or the connection just dropped... oh well. (He'd KOed my Amoonguss, leaving me injured Chandelure, Eelektross and Conkeldurr. I'd KOed his Conkeldurr and Chandelure, leaving him sleeping Amoonguss and mystery Pokémon).

I'm not sure if the time of day effects the quality of battles. I've had two sessions of play now. First one, near the start of the tournament, I was facing a lot of good teams - winning just slightly over half, but having to work at it. (Scrafty! Scrafty everywhere!) Next one, jsut now, and I've been facing a real mixed bag - some decent teams, but then people using starters and monkeys with Quick Claw too. (Yes! I set up TR! Now I can't lose! Oh what, Samuwott's Quick Claw activated? And it used Air Slash? Please no flinch...)

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well heres my 1st tournament D/C rant:

OT:Kirino

K so I finally rebound from my lost 30 minutes ago, and I'm finally battling players with ranks where I could *gasp* actually move up. Well he leads his archepops and whismicott, and from the start I rock slided, and substituted with hydreigon koing his, ardheops bringing his jelli. Then I outpredict him by bringing in amoonguss taking charity dmg. From there I pretty much win w/o even trying till the fated white box of words happened. Seriously Absolutely ZERO hax, and he still ragequits

EDIT:Input the wrong name. Its kirino

Maybe I'm just lucky but I've only had 3 disconnects so far, two which somehow counted in my favor. The lone one that didnt was from some girl in Singapore. I guess Nintendo didn't want me bringing PokeShame to her famiry.

Also getting kinda tired of fighting Amoongus and Conkeldurr.

So far my favorite derp moment was when my opponent was running a support Whimsicott against my Trick Room Whimsicott. Only a great fool would attempt a Trick Room against another Whimsicott, so I endeavor'd it anticipating a Taunt. Nope, he Hurricane'd my Scrafty :(

That or the time this one dude played Zoroark but disguised it as another Dark Pokemon.

Definitely just got DCed on by a conspicuously skilled Spanish trainer named Albert with a team that seemed awfully familiar. That your buddy, Ruben, or just a fan?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just fought a person in the 1700s with a kind of weak team, but I got badly luck haxed early on dropping me into a 3 vs 1 situation.

My Eelektross somehow manages to turn around the whole battle, with a bit of luck and my opponent completely flubbing up the last couple turns and playing footsies with Protect when he shouldn't have.

On the last turn, he then uses Hidden Power with Cobalion on my 31HP Eelektross instead of a Stone Edge. Hidden Power did 6 damage. >_>

He didn't D/C, surprisingly. Maybe I really am lucky when it comes to opponents and D/Cs. And that's the 100th completed battle I've played now.
90W-10L, 1875, 13 midbattle D/C (3 were my own connection).

With my first battle of the day with a win, that was the first time in the tournament I've seen Whimsicott use beat up on Terrakion. I've them both together, but not that combination before and I've heard of it too.

Ruben and Huy hit 1900. Im about to hit 1900, but i don't know about 2000.
When you say Reuben do you mean Blitzle? I thought he wasn't going to participate....

So far, I'm seeing plenty of Amoonguss, Hydreigons, Landorus (I ALWAYS KO it so I don't know what kind of sets they are), Haxorus, a couple of Whimsicotts, Chandelure, and some Terrakions.

-people use rock slide. a lot.
I totally agree on you with that, though of course it's risky (both of his pokes used rock slide, first try, one of my mons evaded, 2nd time the other one evaded as well xD).

If anyone sees a player with the OT (original trainer/trainer name) of Ali, you know it's me B]

He means RubeNCB92, who made it to the semifinals at World's.

Anyway managed to get 6 games done this hour, all of which were against people who were at least 1600. Went 5-1 because of a flinch and got 5 DCs so the hour counted as 0-1. Ironically one of the DC wins would have been a loss had I not got a flinch in my favor in that match so 5-1 would have been "right" had everyone actually finished their matches. Out to dinner, not really sure why I'm bothering with this.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I wouldn't call them rampant, but they exist, and they're annoying lil' bitches. You still get a meager amount of points if you get DC'd on, so it may sometimes be slow climbing, but you can still work yourself up to the ranking that you earn.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In my experience, pretty much all of the Zoroark users aren't competitive players, so they probably didn't put any thought at all into their use of Illusion.
I've yet to see another Zoroark use Sucker Punch, so I'll have to agree with that. As much as it annoys me as I run a Zoroark myself.

So i just got home and I was wondering if there's any point in playing since D.cers are rampant, any thoughts?
Well, out of my 43 matches I only got 3 or 4 D/Cs. I guess that's lucky? :S But hey, d/cers are gonna d/c

The reason why I'm playing is because this is an official tournament and it's wifi, never got the chance to play VGCs (can't afford to travel) :\

And another thing..... I also love to own people with my best Gen V team :naughty:

He means RubeNCB92, who made it to the semifinals at World's.
Ah I see nvm then.

Definitely just got DCed on by a conspicuously skilled Spanish trainer named Albert with a team that seemed awfully familiar. That your buddy, Ruben, or just a fan?
Jajajajajajaja

Albert <3

I wish I could play in this though. The brochure thing even said it had wifi here. It doesn't. :(

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Synre said:
Next time one of the Mexican posters whine about the fact they have no VGC I'm going to remind them it's hard to DC IRL. I kind of imagine a Mexican VGC being a bunch of people throwing their opponent's DSes across the room at 4-0 and then like diving over tables and those roped barriers and shit to escape.

Ranting sure makes me feel better! I'm pretty sure I'm at a 100% DC rate against players from Spanish speaking countries. I think TPCI should just ban all of them next time but let Ruben play as the UK Champ. If it wouldn't presumably hurt my matchmaking I'd seriously just DC every time I see such countries as Mexico, Spain, and Venezuela immediately and avoid wasting my time winning a game that won't count.

I know I shouldn´t have, but I laughed too hard. Synre you´ve won this topic, even if your rants aren´t very politicaly correct. Also lol since when is this topic called Autumn Disconnection Marathon?

R Inanimate said:
He didn't D/C, surprisingly. Maybe I really am lucky when it comes to opponents and D/Cs. And that's the 100th completed battle I've played now.
90W-10L, 1875, 13 midbattle D/C (3 were my own connection).
Nice one, TRE...I mean R Ina ;) 1875-90-10-10-3) is an awesome score (lol my 1766-50-9-16-2 can´t compare). Maybe they don´t disconnect because they want to be able to face their children eventually and say: "Oh, I´ve lost to the guy with the highest doubles record in the HGSSPt Tower and BW Subway."

@ soul survivor you´re not the only one using that Pokémon with that item (I had to put LO on a different one) and it´s one of the main reasons I´ve yet to lose to a TR team.

Synre said:
Anyway managed to get 6 games done this hour, all of which were against people who were at least 1600. Went 5-1 because of a flinch and got 5 DCs so the hour counted as 0-1. Ironically one of the DC wins would have been a loss had I not got a flinch in my favor in that match so 5-1 would have been "right" had everyone actually finished their matches. Out to dinner, not really sure why I'm bothering with this.
Oh, and the worst thing about the tournament is not the disconnectors, it´s us, we are too addicted to this game to stop playing or caring or ranting. Which means that I´ll probably continue this nonsense tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)