International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the way I am looking at this is that there's no way to rank in this highest percentage by playing fairly - so I'm just enjoying being able to battle to these fifth generation only rules while I can, not getting worked up about the rating thing. I'm around 1750 at the moment, but at least I know all those points are deserved.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
What "casualties"? Having a couple matches you had in the bag counted as a loss because your Wi-fi hiccuped? Noone is saying that nintendo should be tracking down the DCers and taking away their DSes, all nintendo needs to do is treat a DC as a loss.
It's not "hiccups." My problem is that treating a DC as a loss in a malicious situation is fair, but for people who have problem with their internet occassionally should get a loss everytime even when they have an advantage in the battle/or get d/ced right at the aftermath of a victory? I've been d/ced in my end 3 times at the end of wins. Doesn't seem too fair to treat it as a loss.

Aaaand, there was some sort of communication error. After I was defeated. It has to be a problem on my opponent's side, because my wifi is excellent, and it said "disconnected from Nintendo WFC due to error" or something like that, and I had to re-connect.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Exactly Dark Ray...for example I´ve had 3 communication errors (2 of them after my wins, one during a losing battle), no problem taking a -50 if my Wi-Fi dies for some reason.

Wait DCs should be penalized not counted as losses. Then there would be no difference between a forfeit and a disconnect.

Eradd you´re responsible for you connection...they have to do that if they can´t distinguish between a DC on purpose and some Error 91101 or something.

MIssingno master the same happened to me, I also have a steady connection and sit right next to it...but I still got 3 errors. 3 errors in like 90 battles...I can live with being penalized for that.

A guy with 2004 D/Ced on me. I got a a parahax but I wouldn't have needed it if it wasn't for min damage on my hp ice.
Shit there´s already 2000+ rating people? And lol what happened to you sums up the tournament...

How do you update your results on GBU? I looked at other people's profiles and they have their Competition battles registered, but mine aren't.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well I had some pretty nice battles in so far, all 1780+. Then I battle a person of same rank(i was 1927, and hilbert was 1938). One rock slide miss, annnnnd connection interrupted.Though I've been battling some unique teams. One person disguise his zoroak for a trickroom ghost pokemon, and had gigalith. He protected and then exploded while I was suspecting tr.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
For all the justifiable ranting about durtydcers I would like to thank those players who are legit enough to accept a loss, or hit run. Cybertron for one, but you know who you are. Thanks. :)

Just got D/C'd on, but we had only lost one Pokémon each. My Emboar OHKO'd this guy's Zoroark with Hammer Arm, and my Musharna had just fainted from burn damage.

EDIT: And again, except this time I was winning.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just dropped to sub 1800 due to a great battle that I ultimately lost to. Best battle of the entire tournament.

soul_survivor

VGCPL Champion
Well i'm at a flat 1950(started 1907). Here's my log so far:

Tom[1619]:2-0W
Tom[1613]:2-3D/C(I had to go. Im sincerely sorry for this)
David[1748]:3-0W
Strider[1677]:2-0W
Tyson[???]:4-1W
Hilbert[1938]:4-2WD/C after a rockslide -_-
Raow[1831]:2-0W
Lucy[1650]:4-3WD/C(I spored her whole team trololololol
Ulix[1562]:2-0
K, i wasn't even paying attention to my match vs Ulix till I realised I was down 3-2 and made a come from behind win:
BV:
VS Ulix[49-54312-42935]

i Don't think there is a perfect solution to DCing.

Unless computer takes over for who ever dropped out. And the winner keeps his win, and the dc gets nothing.

Or perhaps they could save before the match. Just a small save, the type that enabled cloning in emerald. And the game could keep a record of unfinished matches.

If the game is keeping record of DCing, then people will stop. Records are the very reason people do it in the first place.

Also, my face when i run into a legit looking team and they open with hyper voice.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
To the player from Mexico, sorry I disconnected on you as my wife took my game and turned it off because I was not paying attention to her.

Anyways, I now have 15 recorded battles, not sure whom or how I'll get them converted so I can post them on youtube as it should be fun after this (un)friendly competition is over.

By now my ranking should be above 1840 somewhere, was at 1849 before a close loss to a focus sash chandelure.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Battling a guy named CJ from connecticut, EUA my or his connection was lost. It was the secund turn but he would probably win
Oh so BlitznBurst does DC. I was up 4-3 on him earlier, and he DC'd, then came on IRC and tried to blame it on me.

Honestly, I don't even get it. I took huge hit when I lost to a 1524 earlier, and frankly, my rating is still high. I don't have any skeletons in my closet about "DCing once cause I felt like it".

Be man. Aaron Zheng and I are.

To the player from Mexico, sorry I disconnected on you as my wife took my game and turned it off because I was not paying attention to her.

Anyways, I now have 15 recorded battles, not sure whom or how I'll get them converted so I can post them on youtube as it should be fun after this (un)friendly competition is over.

By now my ranking should be above 1840 somewhere, was at 1849 before a close loss to a focus sash chandelure.
Dragon type Pokémon and Girlfriends/Wives are just the same. Super Effective against each other

I believe I lost against Lol, everything matched perfectly, his name and his location.

He beat me 1-0, was a gg (recorded it on vid cam :>), he prevented me from taking my 6-8 win streak to 9 xD

My record so far in this tourney:
Current Rating: 1754 (so close to 1800!)
Battles: 59
Amount of battles lost: 8 or 9
D/Cs: 8

Hope I play another smogoner :P

btw you'll know it's me if my name is Ali from Pennsylvania B] (can a mod add this to the first post?)

Why am I getting all the blame? D: Yeah I'm CJ from Connecticut, but I have never DCd from someone on purpose. And Mattcoww, I remember that battle, and I could've sworn it was you who DCd, but I could be wrong. My dad just got a new router, so that might be it. Sorry if I've appeared to be DCing on purpose...I actually wanted to record that video of skarm beating me cuz of how he flinched my Jelli first turn with his scarfed Terra...

So yeah, don't blame me, blame the router :)

I believe I lost against Lol, everything matched perfectly, his name and his location.

He beat me 1-0, was a gg (recorded it on vid cam :>), he prevented me from taking my 6-8 win streak to 9 xD

My record so far in this tourney:
Current Rating: 1754 (so close to 1800!)
Battles: 59
Amount of battles lost: 8 or 9
D/Cs: 8

Hope I play another smogoner :P

btw you'll know it's me if my name is Ali from Pennsylvania B] (can a mod add this to the first post?)
Yeah great game, I thought I recognised the tag line about heavy metal. :)

Why am I getting all the blame? D: Yeah I'm CJ from Connecticut, but I have never DCd from someone on purpose. And Mattcoww, I remember that battle, and I could've sworn it was you who DCd, but I could be wrong. My dad just got a new router, so that might be it. Sorry if I've appeared to be DCing on purpose...I actually wanted to record that video of skarm beating me cuz of how he flinched my Jelli first turn with his scarfed Terra...

So yeah, don't blame me, blame the router :)
It's not a big deal, as i said, you would probably win. I don't know if it was my fault, but few times during team preview my connection is lost. My game froze once for almost five seconds and returned to normal XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)