International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Just played TANIS twice in a row. A sub 1500er from Germany. She took both losses. What a good sport!

I wana know if anyone has battled me. I'm JUNIOR from USA Illinois. I know I battled BZ?... he won 2-0.

BTW, wats the most anoying pkm so far?

For me its amoongus, tornadus (tailwind), and whimsicott.

Stopping at 100 battles . Man at least mid-20's on the dc's. At least the last two were dc free.

I almost felt bad for player PURPLE2 from Belgium. He had a 12xx rating with what looked to be an in game team lead by Samurott. All my bad feelings went out the window when all four of his pokes were shiny.

17. Ashley, United Kingdom, 1687 - W (3-0, DC'd..)
I recall this ashley as well... rather, her dc'ing.

I didn't realize there was a thread for this (not sure why I would even think that... but anyway).

I only got to play 20 battles so far ... don't have that much free time to play that much. Record so far is:
Win: 15
Loss: 3
DC'd: 2 (I guess I'm pretty fortunate compared to some people here).

Lost twice in first 2 matches because I forgot how my team worked (since I have not touched that team much) and so just played way too riskily. Then I remember how it plays out since then and then only lost one more. At 1656 right now... Not sure how many more battles I will have time to have before it ends. I'm pretty sure it will be less than 50.

If you guys haven't noticed, there are two types of communication errors. The 1st is when the other person disconnect DURRING the battle (you get the normal communication error). The 2nd is when the other person disconnects before the battle (at the trainer card screen) or after the battle.
At 1st, I thought I was disconnecting... but then it happened alot more often and my wi-fi was fine.

Poor choice: I substituded surf for flamethrower on my hydreigon (thinking it would make a good partner with my jellicent). Ferrothorn laughs at my hydreigon...

I really hope Nintendo does something about these D/C. I say 3 d/c and you're out for good. I'm at 1820+ right now. I've been stuck cuz whenever Im battleing a 1600+ and I win, they d/c. Then the 1400s only give a few points (but at least they dont d/c).

Anyways, this tournament is fun. I love kicking some pokeballs.
My name is JUNIOR, just in case you run into me.

Never d/c no matter what, and I'm proud of it.

Also, its funny how every mienshao & scrafty try to fake out my thundurus... I simply protect and KO them with my darmanitan. Oh yeah, no one expects choice scarfed darmanitan but he can OKO the genies, the bulls, and any pokemon that doesnt specialize in defence. Even Flare Blitz does 80%+ to most conqueledurr.
Wait, JUNIOR!? :O I believe me and you battled (beat you 3-0 or 4-0 can't remember), was a gg. We battled like 2 days ago, don't know if I recorded it or not.

Hoping to reach the 1800s today :3 And I hope I run into some more smogoners! (like Joel, ExpertEvan, mattj, or Huy ;P)

Man, I wish I had a flash cart so that I can record these battle vids in HQ :S I recorded all of my battles with a vid cam (black berry, not my high tech vid cam, don't have tape :<). Though, I have a question, can I use any flash card to back up my pkmn sav files? Like CycloDS, I know that I can with R4, though I read that it isn't the best flash card....

Well, unfortunately I didn't get to battle many good (or even semi-good) players, so after 35 battles (including DCs) I'm sitting at measly 1709 rating.

Wins: 24
Losses: 6
Disconnects: 5

Haxkn - USA, Minnesota, 4-0
Izaac - Mexico, 0-2
Scarlet - N/A, DC
Ruben - Mexico, 3-0
Virus - USA, Connecticut, 2-0
??? - USA, ???, 4-0
Jade - USA, Minnesota, 3-0
JOEY - Greece, DC
JUNIOR - USA, Illinois, 3-0
ZOSIR - N/A, 3-0
Nessa - N/A, 3-0

COLTON - Canada, British Columbia, 4-0
FLASH - Spain, 0-1
Setsuna - Singapore, 3-0
Jesus - Spain, 1-0
John G., N/A, 4-0
Croft, Bermuda, 0-3
CHEERYL, Singapore, 0-1

Nicole - Germany, 4-0
Ajit - India, DC
Micah - USA Virginia, 3-0
Zero - Mexico, 4-0
Daniel - Spain, 4-0
BRUNO - Panama, 1-0
k3Gold - USA, 0-2
AfroMan - N/A, DC
Rika - USA, 0-3
CeSaR - Mexico, 3-0

Tanguy - France, DC
Miguel - Spain, 3-0
Arjun - UK, 2-0
Cameron - USA California, 3-0
Gray - UK, 2-0
Daddy - N/A, 4-0
STEVE - UK, 2-0

69 battles, 1714. So many disconnecters.

Of course, I put in just about 0 preparation for this thing, so it's my own fault that Trick Room/Tailwind/Jellicent are ruining me so vigorously. I'll know what to do for next time, haha!
~Uiru

Cybertron's Personal Post

Starting the day at 1966 / 127 battles... let's see how far I can get today.

OT: BZ?
Current Record: 120-12 (132 battles)
Current Rating: 1930

128. Sensi from Poland (1710): 3-0 VICTORY (+5)
129. RANDY from None (1663): 2-0 VICTORY (+4)
DC. Leonard from Illinois (1730): DISCONNECTED
130. Chema from Spain (1663): 2-0 LOSS (-28)
131. Teddy from the Philippines (1668): 1-0 LOSS (-27)
132. Arman (High 1600's?): 2-0 VICTORY
133. Noel from California: DISCONNECTED

Wow, I'm playing like total shit today... my rating just dropped so much :(

Fought a guy called Fred from France (cote d'azur..some location like that) with 1800+points, volcarona/haxorus/terra/cott team. The battle we had was too funny (in my favour) because of the pokes I picked and the amount of heat waves that missed and my predictive switching. I even beat his terracott team. The not so funny part was his D/C, I really was looking forward to saving it too

Just want to punch that guy's teeth out irl but it's only a friendly...

don't think I'll ever break to 1600's but it was a good experience.

Just remembered ggs RubeNCB -- checked my battle history and remembered your name from there (from 3 days ago..)

AZ

That was awful. I was finally going to get my ranking back up, and I had a very close match with a 2060 and won. Aaaaaaaand he DCs. I will never take one of these tourney's seriously anymore. The Wi-Fi tourneys can go die in a ditch, I'm going to VA where people won't DC when I'm about to win.

I want to punch him too Az UK. I want to punch him too...

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man, the one time I get a reliable connection, and I face Katie (or was it Karen?) from New York...and she d/c's. Outplayed her the whole match and she d/c's just as I'm about to finish her off. She had an 1800 rating, so that would have bumped up my rating quite a bit.

Looks like I'm perpetually stuck at 7-0...

Ok, that sucks. I was playing against BZ. He was up 2-1 with 1 pokemon paralyzed and in low health and the other almost at full health. I had left a sashed pokemon left. I think it was enough to beat him, but idk. My girlfriend's connection broke. However, if we encounter again i'll forfeit because it was my fault...

Edit: I didn't D/C'd. From now i'm gonna record every battle with my camera. That way if this happens again i'll upload it. Seriously, i don't D/C. My rating is real, i've played 200+ battles.

The problem with these tourneys is the DCers don't get punished. They just show up in high spots on the rankings because they can't stand a loss. Nintendo better fix this with the next game, or the wait for the live tourneys will be even harder.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Last couple. Lost my chance at being top on the non-DCer leaderboard I think since Aaron is still ahead of me.

Lucy from Mexico (1649): 3-0 Victory
Aaron from Colorado, USA (1521): 1-0 Victory
Sakofe from North Carolina, USA (1441): 4-0 Victory
Eria from Mexico (1546): 3-0 Victory
Chimp from Singapore (1682): 4-2 Victory / Forfeit
Leonard from Illinois, USA (1708): 0-1 Loss
Sauron from None (1467): 4-0 Victory
Elizabe from Colorado, USA (1588): 3-0 Victory
CAHEK from Siberian Frederal District, Russia (1689): 1-0 Victory

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok, that sucks. I was playing against BZ. He was up 2-1 with 1 pokemon paralyzed and in low health and the other almost at full health. I had left a sashed pokemon left. I think it was enough to beat him, but idk. My girlfriend's connection broke. However, if we encounter again i'll forfeit because it was my fault...
Man what is up with all these terrible excuses. "____ turned my router off." being #1.

lol... Too funny xD Gotta blame it on the girlfriend.

Edit: It's better to battle people in GBU with 0 wins because they don't even know what ragequitting is until the finally beat someone and they DC.

I stopped playing this Friday at Noon because it seemed worthless losing pts to hax and getting dc'ed on, I'm happy with 1800 flat in 38 battled. Cybertron beat me fair and square and I lost to a German(Guy that won the german vgc or something?) cuz I mis-selected a pokemon lol.

Edit Edit: @Flash don't prove it to me, you never dc'ed on (or faced) me in the tourney. You should've read the section in the rules/terms of the Competition where people with 'unstable' internet connections should NOT participate.

If you're going to DC, at least get your facts straight. I had three Pokemon left: My Tornadus, which KO'd that one Pokemon, the paralyzed Amoonguss, and a Thundurus. The Thundurus never even came out in the battle.

I was really excited to see that I was playing such a highly ranked player and expected no less than a great game, and it was headed there before it DC"s RIGHT when Tornadus killed your Pokemon.

Frankly, I just don't quite believe you because the timing of that was too perfect. Just man up and say you DC'd instead of claiming it was connection problems. I'd rather you tell me the truth then lie and give me some bullshit about how your connection was bad.

You, Ruben, Albert... whose next? I expect better from your country's top players!

And on that note, another 1800+ player from Spain DC'd on me. Nice.
I thought it was 2 on 1. Well, if you wan't i can upload a video forfeiting with someone. This won't give you the points, i know, but i want you to see that i didn't D/C and that i don't care losing

Edit: @Clinton, i posted the friday that i'm at my girlfriend's house for all the weekend and that her connection is horribly before any battles. I've only managed to pull of 20 battles this weekend, 19 W and on loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)