International Wi-Fi Tournament - Autumn Friendly [OVER - Rankings Released Nov. 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just fought with a guy from Ecuador, he ragequited to preserve his higher end 1700 ratings. :(

EDIT: An American with trainer name NICK ragequit when sending data to server. Ratings approx 1647.

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
After starting up again from 1902, I was handed 3 losses in short time dropping, dropping me down to 1840. Then proceeded to claw my way back to the 1900s.

Ran into a Grasswhistle Whimsicott for the first time in this tourney. Not fun. I still won, but... not fun at all.

Ran into a team that had a Scarfed Terrakion, and for the first time in my VGC career, managed to beat the thing. That makes it what, 1W - 6L?

Ran into an ~1830 person who used what seemed to me to be Single Battle Pokemon in a Double Battle Team. Was wondering how they got that high, and was expecting a Disconnect, but they surprisingly didn't, bringing me to 1900 flat.

I decided to go for "just one more battle", and ran into an 1850 person. I prepared for the worst, but everything goes my way. I win in 2 turns, and stop at 1913.

I noticed a larger number of D/Cs while playing as my count climbed from 17 to 24 in battle D/Cs. So I'm calling it quits now. It was quite fun while it lasted.

Final tally:

151W-20L
24 inbattle D/Cs
13 ended battle D/Cs
8 D/Cs while searching
Rating: 1913

Record for D/Cs:
14W-1L
2 inconclusive
7 before battle start (5 of these are due to my own connection loss)

True Win/Loss: 165W-21L

Waddy from Thailand (16xx) with the greeting: WIFI is // FRUSTRATING

One of the most unique matches I've had so far and she did not D/C me. Waddy, you get AA++ would battle again :)

edit: I'm ending it on that note. I'm done. Finished. YA NO HAY TIEMPO PARA MAS as they would say south of the border... Didn't get back to 1600 but whatever, that last battle was too delightful to let a D/Cer muck it up.

Lost to a guy named CALVIN, but in a surprise twist... He D/C'ed on the KO! I dunno if I can be happy knowing that I avoided a massive point drop because someone mercy D/C'ed me.

Waddy from Thailand (16xx) with the greeting: WIFI is // FRUSTRATING

One of the most unique matches I've had so far and she did not D/C me. Waddy, you get AA++ would battle again :)
Thank you Ramen King ^o^ It have been a blast, now I'm gonna stop at 1724 points after 80-ish battles.

Also sorry to anyone who is about to win against me but get disconnected because of my wifi. Especially to the last guy, whom I believe his name is... Idac or something. He got to rematch with me after I won the first one, and my router went off when he's likely to win.

I do believe I just ran into Az_UK! Somehow, I don't think I had much of a chance going into that one, though at least I knocked him down to a 2-0 score.

Good game. :)

GG lol95. I'm sorry about the hax. I hope you rebound
I thought that was you. Yeah I've pretty much rebounded already, losing to a 2000+ player doesn't decrease your rating as much as you might think. The hax was annoying but oh well I've been crit'ing and flinching people all morning since our battle, it's part of the game.

Jthreau

formerly DoubleJG
V4Victini, I believe I almost had a rematch with you just now (you are Shiro*, yes?). I appologize for my connection timing out before our Pokémon even appeared on the select screen. I'm watching something on Netflix and decided to have one final battle before bed, but I guess my wireless can't handle two streams at once.

In other news, my record is now 13-2 with a rating in the mid 1600s. My two losses came back-to-back against people with shinies all over the place. The first team ran Tailwind, something that I have never faced. The second team stomped all over me with a scarfed Jellicent and an Iron Head spamming Durant (both Pokémon were new opponents for me). This battle made me realize that my original Jellicent (and Chandelure) counter, Krookodile, is worthless when most Jellicents are using Choice Scarf.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the most popular starter in this tournament has been Emboar? That pig is everywhere. I've also ran into 3 Cobalions tonight, one of them being nothing more than a helping hand.

I just ran into ryuzaki I believe, gg!

On a side note, how does everyone save battle videos? I never see a "would you like to save a battle video"-prompt after completing a match...

On a side note, how does everyone save battle videos? I never see a "would you like to save a battle video"-prompt after completing a match...
You may not have collected the Vs Recorder yet. I quickly read up that you may not have spoken to people in the Battle Subway.

Also, good news! I had a 1800+ disconnect right on the summary results, and as suggested earlier waited out the 90 seconds. About this time, decided to watch the router and noticed it started flashing wildly. Let it go for another 30-40 seconds until it settled to be sure it did its thing, and after pressing A it began sending results and allowed saving of the battle video. A bit late, but otherwise much pleased!

Edit: A second attempt didn't quite work out this way, still just went to ask whether to Battle or not. May only be due to a coincidence that the battle it appeared to work on did technically finish.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Try to enter the Battle Subway in Nimbasa City. It's right beside the Pokemon Centre. I didn't get it until after I beat the game x.x Completely missed it.

Final Score: BLUES23 - OT
48 W 13 L 8 D/C from Opponents 0 D/C on my side!

Rating: Finally Stopping at 1770 :)

I learned many things in this Wifi tournament which is a good thing and this is my first Doubles Tournament that uses the format of VGC 2011 :) and lastly congratz to the smogoners who reach the 2000+ ratings :))

Just got a notice that Virgin (my internet provider) are going to do maintenance in a few minutes, so that's me done for the day now. If it's back up in the evening I might play some more but I have exams to revise for. Good luck everyone with the rest of your battles it's been fun. My possibly final rating: 1843.

I do believe I just ran into Az_UK! Somehow, I don't think I had much of a chance going into that one, though at least I knocked him down to a 2-0 score.

Good game. :)
Good game, I forgot which pokes you used but yes GGs

Seems I won't be having any more wifi battles so I'm left in the 1500's, probably won't be ranked but I'll certainl be more prepared for the next friendly/serious business+comp

AZ

Thanks Firestorm and ButtonBasher ;)

Just finished battling Daniel Oakes (2076). Pretty sure it was him because I knew his team and his playstyle from playing him on PO back then and I beat him fair and square. And guess what happens... :jump: Still at 1886 points but how am I supposed to do that if these pricks just DC?

Also the sad thing about this not getting fixed is if they really gonna give out Worlds invites for top-ranking GBU players. As far as I remember there was a topic about this right in this sub-forum here, too lazy to search for the URL... I mean I could care less when some dipshits need to boost their ego by getting a higher rating and disconnecting if they're about to lose but it gets serious when there are prizes at stake. Dealing with this whole DC issue is not an appeal to TPC or Gamefreak but rather a necessity for them to address and change this in the next game to guarantee the integrity of such events.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thanks Firestorm and ButtonBasher ;)

Just finished battling Daniel Oakes (2076). Pretty sure it was him because I knew his team and his playstyle from playing him on PO back then and I beat him fair and square. And guess what happens... :jump: Still at 1886 points but how am I supposed to do that if these pricks just DC?

Also the sad thing about this not getting fixed is if they really gonna give out Worlds invites for top-ranking GBU players. As far as I remember there was a topic about this right in this sub-forum here, too lazy to search for the URL... I mean I could care less when some dipshits need to boost their ego by getting a higher rating and disconnecting if they're about to lose but it gets serious when there are prizes at stake. Dealing with this whole DC issue is not an appeal to TPC or Gamefreak but rather a necessity for them to address and change this in the next game to guarantee the integrity of such events.
The disconnecting issue definitely spoiled which should've been a friendly competition and if world invites were definitely at stake, then this definitely should be addressed, and I shall not accept the typical robotic responses that I sometimes get when I submit a message to pokemon.com

Otherwise this VGC2011 competition was fun to give my Worlds LCQ team yet another chance of glory as I shall post 3 videos later on which will include 6 of my battles including the one I had with lol95. Since I have background music and have had trouble with them in the past, I may have to re-upload them with just the battle sound if that shall fail again.

I faced my first Golurk (w/ Ghost Gem) that launched a OHKO on my Mienshao. That thing can be quite the beast. I also saw an Escavalier which caught me a bit off guard.

You're the guy that I mentioned in my previous post! You ran the Golurk + Escavalier against my Mienshao + Amoongus.
Yep the Ghost Gem Golurk +Excavalier was me :) Thanks for the mention.
Can't fully remember our battle I might have lost, but did I use stone edge then uturn vs your amoongus? If so then yes I lost.

Good game nonetheless, I have lots to learn!

Have another lecture in few minutes, I'll read through this forum later

AZ

In other news, my record is now 13-2 with a rating in the mid 1600s. My two losses came back-to-back against people with shinies all over the place. The first team ran Tailwind, something that I have never faced. The second team stomped all over me with a scarfed Jellicent and an Iron Head spamming Durant (both Pokémon were new opponents for me). This battle made me realize that my original Jellicent (and Chandelure) counter, Krookodile, is worthless when most Jellicents are using Choice Scarf.

Also, has anyone else noticed that the most popular starter in this tournament has been Emboar? That pig is everywhere. I've also ran into 3 Cobalions tonight, one of them being nothing more than a helping hand.
Dark Gemmed Sucker Punch is my counter to Scarf Jelly. Takes the wind out of Water Spout pretty well, when it doesn't plain OHKO.

I think the starter I've seen most of is Samurott, though I've seen the other two as well. Faced all three monkeys at one time or another, too, but the water one seems most common.

i quit
i have been at 1997, 1985 and 1999 in the past day. every single time, people dc against me until they hax me to a win - my last loss was because of a speed tie, a flinch and two critical hits. im now at 1975, but people have dc'd against me for like 5 battles in a row now

what is the point?

EDIT: yeah, gg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)