General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello everyone!! I'm from Venezuela and i really don't speak english very well but i wil try jaja, I enjoy playing pokemon since emerald.

PkmnReporter (i like a lot that double battle with the interviewer and the camera guy) is my name here and in PS. I usually choose pokemons that are not very used to form my teams and give them a try at the PS.

I have pokemon omega ruby if someone wants to battle me :D (my friend code is in my profile) have a nice day everyone, i hope to learn a lot more here.
Hey PkmnReporter!
Welcome to Smogon! I, like you, have been addicted to the Pokemon franchise since Emerald. Hoenn is my favorite region, probably because of nostalgia. I agree, the battles with the reporter and cameraman was a fun little side thing. Most of the time, when I'm creating teams, I use under used Pokemon so as to add a little more flair to the metagame. I try to be creative in my sets, but when I'm trying to make an actual competitive team, I usually use common sets and Pokemon. Visit the Wi-Fi forum to battle other Smogon users or trade, or get help with breeding for competitive Pokemon. Feel free to message me, Chesty, or Fluke if you need help during your stay here. Otherwise, have a great time and I'll see you around! :)

Hi Smogon! I'm Geoffrey, older member who's been out of the loop for a few years at this point. Used to dedicate all my time to this stuff and now it's more of a "if I have time, I'll play" kind of thing. Playing through ORAS though has me inspired to get back into the competitive game so I'm considering a comeback. We'll see, but I figured I'd post here regardless since I plan to at least lurk around here a bit more if I don't necessarily jump back in the scene right away.

I'm 21 years old, from southwest Indiana. I'm a junior in college majoring in journalism. I started playing pokemon way back when red and blue were first released and have bought every main game in the series since. I love Taylor Swift and am currently addicted to her latest album. So yeah, that's me. :)
Hi Smogon! I'm Geoffrey, older member who's been out of the loop for a few years at this point. Used to dedicate all my time to this stuff and now it's more of a "if I have time, I'll play" kind of thing. Playing through ORAS though has me inspired to get back into the competitive game so I'm considering a comeback. We'll see, but I figured I'd post here regardless since I plan to at least lurk around here a bit more if I don't necessarily jump back in the scene right away.

I'm 21 years old, from southwest Indiana. I'm a junior in college majoring in journalism. I started playing pokemon way back when red and blue were first released and have bought every main game in the series since. I love Taylor Swift and am currently addicted to her latest album. So yeah, that's me. :)

how do you get all the pokemon in your message? did you get them online or from pokemon showdown..im so confusedd XD

RichieTheGarchomp

Banned deucer.
hi im richiethegarchomp you can call me richie xd and im a new user who is starting to know the ropes around here
im 18 as you can see on my profile and im a super pokemon FAN and i love pokemon so much this is why i came here because i love you all you guys are my life i love you anyways im really good at pokemon and my favorite pokemon is manaphy because its good xd and i love it so much i have fantasies about it anyways im a fan of smash and i watch smash videos even though i dont know whats going on in them xd they keep saying stuff like bear and fair idk what that means lol i got here from one of my friends he said he loves this site and i love it too and all you guys are family to me

please dont hate on me whats up everyone how you all dojng

Metagod Swagnemite

Banned deucer.
Sup im kinda new here but been lurking for some time. Basicallt here to obtain some good pokes at the wifi section

Oh btw, what the hell is that pokemon in my ava?! Some unreleased mon or what?

Sup im kinda new here but been lurking for some time. Basicallt here to obtain some good pokes at the wifi section

Oh btw, what the hell is that pokemon in my ava?! Some unreleased mon or what?
Hey welcome to smogon. Please remember whenever you decide to go and check out the wifi forum rules. Each forum has a different set of rules. The Pokemon is probably from the create your own Pokemon section. You can change your avatar. Also if you need some help do feel free to pm me. To pm me click start a conversation or you can post on my profile. Enjoy your time around smogon.

Thanks Chesty! Im already enjoying my time, theres a guy in the Wi-fi section willing to help me out already :D.

Btw how can I make such a trade thread?
Simply click on the start your own thread blue button please do keep in mind though you should read the wifi rules because certain stuff is not allowed to be traded. Also do you have a 6iv ditto to breed with?

Edit: RichieTheGarchomp oretty sure he was talking about the wifi forums on smogon. Showdown and smogon have two different trade stuff.

Hello. I've been a Showdown user for a while, and I primarily play in the NU tier. I joined the forums to get myself better acquainted with the community and maybe get some advice for improving my team. The Sandshrew/Sandslash line are my favorite Pokemon (and are pretty excellent, if I may add). Aside from Pokemon, I love sports (particularly hockey and tennis), the Harry Potter series and an anime called 'Hunter X Hunter' (if you have Netflix, I highly recommend watching the show - it's fantastic).

So uh, yeah, that's basically it, I guess. Hope to see all you ladies & lads around.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello. I've been a Showdown user for a while, and I primarily play in the NU tier. I joined the forums to get myself better acquainted with the community and maybe get some advice for improving my team. The Sandshrew/Sandslash line are my favorite Pokemon (and are pretty excellent, if I may add). Aside from Pokemon, I love sports (particularly hockey and tennis), the Harry Potter series and an anime called 'Hunter X Hunter' (if you have Netflix, I highly recommend watching the show - it's fantastic).

So uh, yeah, that's basically it, I guess. Hope to see all you ladies & lads around.
Hey FreeloadingQueen!
How's it going? Have you visited the Rate My Team forum yet? You can post your team there and raters will give you advice to help you improve your team. Make sure you follow the rules, though! Hop over to the NeverUsed room in Showdown, have you not already, if you would like to get involved with that community. I would also say that joining the NeverUsed community here at Smogon would also help you to learn a lot. My favorite evolutionary line is Zorua/Zoroark, but my favorite Pokemon overall is Bisharp. Besides Pokemon, I play various videogames including Halo and Super Smash Bros, and I sometimes play soccer. I've recently been watching some Korean movies on Netflix, and of the ones I have watched, I would highly recommend, as the acting is outstanding. Well, check out the Smogon Simple Questions thread or the Simple Questions Simple Answers threads, or PM me, Chesty, or Fluke for help. Have a nice day! :)

Hi! Just made an account. Been playing Pokemon since it came out in United States of America. I've been into the competitive scene for a very long time and currently making the change to shiny hunting. I decided to make this account after something very, very perplexing happened. If you can please direct me to where this should go it would be much appreciated: My Perfect IVs 40 Def EV Impish Gliscor survived a High Jump Kick from my friend's Mega Medicham Adamant 252 Atk EV Perfect IVs. No reflect, no stat changes just that.

It has baffled me and my friend for awhile now because running it through every damage calculator we could find Gliscor should have been one hit-ko.
So any help would be much appreciated.

Hi! Just made an account. Been playing Pokemon since it came out in United States of America. I've been into the competitive scene for a very long time and currently making the change to shiny hunting. I decided to make this account after something very, very perplexing happened. If you can please direct me to where this should go it would be much appreciated: My Perfect IVs 40 Def EV Impish Gliscor survived a High Jump Kick from my friend's Mega Medicham Adamant 252 Atk EV Perfect IVs. No reflect, no stat changes just that.

It has baffled me and my friend for awhile now because running it through every damage calculator we could find Gliscor should have been one hit-ko.
So any help would be much appreciated.
Sup, welcome to Smogon. You've been into Pokemon for a long time I see. I also started with R/B/Y and I've never stopped ever since.

About your question, you can probably post it in the Simple Questions/Requests thread.

If you have any other general questions for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them :)

EDIT: Just tried entering those stats in the Damage Calculator and I think you made a typo or something.

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 40+ Def Gliscor: 141-166 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Sup, welcome to Smogon. You've been into Pokemon for a long time I see. I also started with R/B/Y and I've never stopped ever since.

About your question, you can probably post it in the Simple Questions/Requests thread.

If you have any other general questions for now, feel free to ask them here. Or just PM me, Chesty or QueBien about them :)

EDIT: Just tried entering those stats in the Damage Calculator and I think you made a typo or something.

252+ Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 40+ Def Gliscor: 141-166 (39.8 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Thank you very much for the help. Now I can tell him to stop calling me a cheater.

Hello! I've been playing Pokemon since the end of Gen III, but I only started battling competitively shortly after X & Y. Smogon has been a wonderful resource throughout, so I've finally decided to make an account here. I'm also new to Showdown! as of yesterday, currently puttering around in Battle Spot Singles. Hope to chat with you all about metagame stuff, maybe help here and there if I can. See you around!

Hello moneyspider and welcome to Smogon! I personally started Pokemon with Leaf Green and started playing competitive around he beginning of X and Y. The tiers I could help you with to a degree are NU, RU, UU, OU, Ubers, AG, BH, and VGC (better at VGC than all the others). If you need any help, you can PM me, QueBien, Fluke, or Chesty. Have a great time in this community!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)