1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. songokucrazy

songokucrazy

Hi i'm songokucrazy and i've been playing pokémon basically my whole life. I got into competitive because of youtubers such as Haydunn and KillerNacho. My favourite pokémon is definately Nidoking! i played competitive on ds back in december but nowadays i only play showdown
  2. Stoneheart

Stoneheart

Hey fellows. I'm Stoneheart. I'm also known as hope, and I lead a clan with Thermalshock. So, I like rock types and Mothim. I hope to be a good member, despite my past anti-Smogon attitude. :3
  3. Grimyai

Grimyai

Hi i'm Grimyai. My real name is dante. i just started competitive battiling a couple months ago. I decided to learn more about metagames and the tiers for wifi battiling. I hope to become a better trainer and learn more on wifi battiling.
  4. Regista

Regista

Hi i'm Regista a pokemon TCG player, I started playing at vg when i was a
    a child but never whith competitive approach,
    last wook after Milan National i can see how skill intensive is the game and then i want to try

I hope to become a competitive player and a good smogon member
  5. Aaran

Aaran

Hi, I'm Aaran. I'm someone who regularly hosts Tournaments on Pokemon Showdown, and have my own little YouTube channel. I'm not exactly popular, but I'm _Somewhat_ known. Anyways, I have nothing else to really say so thanks for reading, and goodbye.
  6. Runebane33

Runebane33

Hey i am Runebane33. This is mu firsts post ive been playing PS for a couple months now and dicided to check this out. I play OU,UU,RU,NU,PU just here to have fun and make some friends ^-^
  7. William625

William625

Hi. My name is Lewis and I am a very new competitive battler on PO and wifi.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  8. Abuk

Abuk

Ok Here Goes. HI everyone, My Name Is Abuk, Big Pokemon Fan since i was 7 Probably. I thought I was Pretty Goood At Pokemon Till i met the guys On Smogon, MY GAWD, You guys are Geniuses, you came up with things I never thought of. I am a bit Jelly but I want to Learn great things from you guys. thank you C:
  9. eScript

eScript

Hey guys! My first game was Crystal and that was the sole reason I bought the gameboy.
    I then later traded for Gold, Red, silver, and blue. Eventually over the course of years I have collected each and every pokemon game for the GBC/GBA except LeafGreen.
    For the Ds, I've got Diamond, HeartGold and now Black 2.

Basically, Pokemon is the reason I have an affinity for Nintendo.
    Living in India, barely anyone is a Nintendo fan, let alone Pokemon. But here I am, still stuck to my childhood fantasies.

I started competitive battling since 4th gen, and have only played (and won) one online tournament. Usually I battle for fun.
    Only recently have I started taking pokemon more seriously as I'm on summer break after Engineering. :)
    Looking forward to making new friends here!
  10. Ggtop92

Ggtop92

Hey folks, I'm new here and actually only started battling online about 2 weeks ago, i'm a little in the red result wise so far ha so if anyone ever has any tips to dish out they'd be much appreciated i can use all the help i get,
    thanks for reading guys
  11. nesgirl119

nesgirl119

I am new here as well, although not new to online forums. In fact, I've actually have a pretty terrible reputation online as being a "Psychopathic Cheater" due to being banned from several different websites for pretty stupid reasons.

I really want to learn to compete slightly better. My team was okay for the Spring Friendly, but not good enough. I did manage to come up with a strategy to kill some of the top Ubers like White Kyruem, Keldeo, and Genesect who don't have first priority moves (and really should) using trick room Reuniclus with a Focus Sash and Focus Blast and using Trick Room for Tyranitar and Metagross. It wasn't enough though, and I need to come up with better battle techniques.
    Also I haven't been able to learn the RNG method (it keeps showing up with errors whenever I try, I must be doing something wrong), so I keep getting Pokémon from others, but I would like to someday make my own. I even have some of the Event Legendaries, Wondercards, and one time only legendaries uncaught in hopes I might be able to do that one day.
  12. kung

kung

i am of sweden country, move to USA with country exchange - and a battler of many tier.. any tier of OU i play, not help i need for i am great battler.. new if you help on this forum i will apreciate, thank s you

englis bad, i skip to much skola .-. sorry
  13. Naragume

Naragume

Hello everyone, I go by the name of Naragume.

I've been mostly a lurker around here, posting VERY rarely if ever XD
    As for interests, I'm mostly into in-game stuff, just one of those people who like completing everything there is to a game, and I've been around since gen 1, so I consider myself at least proficient in the games... I also enjoy pokemon lore a lot, delving into it's smallest stories and such (although I've never really gotten the ghosts at the old chateau .-.)
  14. herewegoagain

herewegoagain

Hi. Uhh I'm relatively new to this scene, but have pretty much just wrapped up the Battling 101 program.

Getting used to a new community always takes time, and I'm just trying to think about what to do because right now...I don't have a clue!

I'm sometimes on Pokemon Showdown under the username of "fail.epic".

I'm really, really hoping I can be involved in this community one way or another...if you see my activities, there's not really much I've done. I've been asking for suggestions, but of course, if any of you have advice, please help me out..would definitely appreciate it.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully.. I'll get to know some or maybe even a lot of you better, even if it's a little.
  15. Keep it Playful

Keep it Playful

Hello!

I've been playing Pokemon on and off ever since it came out and got into competitive battling on Pokemon Showdown some months ago. I like to compete and have fun at the same time, hence my name, which is my main account on Pokemon Showdown, Keep it Playful.

I mostly play Pure and Balanced Hackmons, because of the sheer versatility and how unpredictable they can be. I also play the standard NU, UU, OU and Ubers from time to time, though at the moment I'm a bit rusty.

Hope I can make a positive impact into this community and competitive battling. : )

Thanks!
  16. luckym00se

luckym00se

Hello, everyone. I am Liam; or luckym00se on various sites. I have been playing Pokemon since Pearl, and I have been playing for 5 years now. I am very unfamiliar with competitive Pokemon battling, so I won't be understanding a lot of terms. I will mainly be on UU, and my favorite Pokemon is Grumpig. And I am sorry if my good syntax bothers you, I always do Intros like this.

Sincerely,
    luckym00se.
  17. Namelesskitty

Namelesskitty

Heyo!

I'm Zain or Nameless and I've been playing since 2nd gen, and really got into things in third. For a while I was locally competitive being #1 in my age division and region but then I grew up...

I'm interested in getting back into the competitive battling scene and this seems like the right place to be. And hate me for it if you will...

I. LOVE. DUSTOX.
  18. Intraventian

Intraventian

Hello, I am Intraventian or Intra for short. I've been playing Pokemon on and off since Generation III, but I only recently got interested with competitive battling. I've played some PS!, and experimented with a home-grown team, but I still get my arse kicked easily. My favorite Pokemon is Klinklang, but I still haven't made it work well, even when I follow Smogon's analysis to the letter, which is a little frustrating. Maybe my expectations are too high, but I digress.

Anyways, my experimental Tier Shift team consists of Klinklang, Gardevoir, Conkeldurr, Ninjask, Manectric, and Sharpedo. Needless to say, it hasn't been good to me, but my strategy works out rather well to me on paper. I doubt that I'm doing anything right, but at least I have fun for a few battles until the losses get annoying. You can find me on PS! and challenge me for some easy wins if you like, just go easy on my beloved Klinklang, I hate it when my little hate machine faints...
  19. desacato102

desacato102

Hi! Name's Desacato(des, desa,...) I've been playing Pokémon since the release of Pokémon Yellow Version. This is the only videogame I can't win against friends for reasons yet unknown to me D: Anyway my fav pokémon is Charizard and I've still yet to make a competitive team. I've been using Mienshao(focus lense), Alakazam(eject button) and Excadrill(soft sand) in the subway B2 but I'm still not satisfied.

It took a while to finally find this thread tbh. I just hope my experience in here can only get better with heach passing day :D

Also last time I tried to trade via Wi-Fi I had trouble with my firewall but this new connection I got... I don't get it at all. If anyone know how to fix this it's one of those AT&T mobile hotspots please pm or vm(however it's called here) TY in advanced.

Before I leave u can find me on PSN, Steam, XBL(rarely use), pretty much everywhere you see a 'desacato102' it's me :3
  20. Kainazoo

Kainazoo

Hey guys :)

I'm Kainazoo, a lovely 23-year old Frenchman.

I've been a pokemon fan since day one, and I have been a competitive battler a long time ago, back in 386. I battled for months, and I also do other strategy games so I have experience with how a metagame is defined, what is the "flow" of the game and what the deciding factors are.

My favorite tier is NU, and I get a kick out of using pokemon in an innovative way and finding new strategies, which I did back then (still in love with my White Herb Shuckle :heart:)

I stopped pokemon before DPP, and I just recently bought and finished HG, so I'm getting acquainted with the new pokemons, the physical/special split, the new moves...and after finishing the game I thought I would like to come back to competitive battling.

So I spent a few hours in Smogon and Showdown to fight a bit. I popped a Drought team in the BW Uber tier (which is apparently in the middle of a clause testing, which is great because I got to meet Darkrai) and it was okayish, but there's so much I don't know and I really could use help.

What am I expecting from this board? Well I want to be involved in discussions regarding strategy and metagames with great players ;) My schedule (and my GMT+1 location) will probably not let me participate in tournaments, but I will be an active and thoughtful poster.

21. Grey Knight

Grey Knight

Hello people i am Grey knight , i started playing competitive in PO 6 months ago i managed to never drop bellow 1050 (the noob zone) in rating since my Favorite Pokemon where tyranitar , scizor , haxorus pokemons that deal with most of the cheap baton pass teams and are pretty valid in OU.
    After a few months of quick learning and some help from you people i reached 1400 (1850 in PS) ranking, i left PO because the ladder resets all the time and i hate it, so here i am i am a proud Smogonite, i set goals to my self witch i enjoy achieving, testing new teams and tiers pokemons and tactics generally having fan and gaining experience, one of those days you might also see my name in the top 20 who knows ?
  22. stnuoccaenilno

stnuoccaenilno

Hi, I've been recently on this forum for a while before deciding to register an account. My account name may be similar to that ex-troll I heard about, "sntuoccaenilno", that's not me.

This is not me (open)
    :jump:

This is me (open)
    :chaos:

I'm a 16-year old South African who likes to play POKEMON. My favourite POKEMON are Wargreymon, Lucemon and Dynasmon.
  23. CDillinger

CDillinger

Finally here!

Have used this site for movesets for a year or so and finally decided to join.
    I'm 18 and am a freshman at the University of Pittsburgh. I love all kinds of video games, and want to start playing Pokemon competitively.
    I will start to build my first team as soon as possible!

-CDillinger
  24. jpkelly94

jpkelly94

Hello everyone, I just joined Smogon yesterday. I have been battling competitively for a while, but I still would not describe my skill level anywhere past intermediate. I am active on Pokemon Showdown, with my username being jpkelly94, so feel free to challenge me if you would like! I look forward to enhancing my battle skills with other members of the smogon community.
  25. Shobblez

Shobblez

Hey people! My name is Henry but I go by Shobblez on here and Pokemon Showdown. I have played pokemon since I was a kid, but only played up until Pokemon D/P on DS which I played competitively on Wi-fi. I love Pokemon Showdown and play regularly, especially the NU, RU and UU tiers. Hit me up :) I am from New Zealand and love music and science, plus many more things, might see ya round!

Thanks,
    Henry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)