1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neema

Neema

Greetings Pokemon trainers! I'm Neema, and I'm new to Smogon as you can see. I love to battle competitively, as you can see I'm sorta newbish and I would love to get better and excel as Pokemon trainer. It takes a lot from a person to accept his/her weaknesses and it ALSO takes a lot of courage to try and do everything to overcoming even though it means that you'll have to admit certain stuff...
    Artikyuno likes this.
  2. Unpown

Unpown

Hello I'm Unpown. I am new here to da forums and also this is my first post so yeah......

I played pokemon since i was... hold on...... my memory is bad so I'm guessing 7. I started playing diamond first but it actually started at school. They had this after school program and you were able to play games. One of them being silver. Everyone kept deleting files so I could never enjoy pokemon until diamond.

I would not say I'm the best at competitive battling. I mostly use showdown (because I'm just too damn lazy to EV train) and Mostly use the OU team. I usually just make random teams and make new strategies.

anyways i hope to get involved with the community.....
    Artikyuno likes this.
  3. PageRes

PageRes

Hi im PageRes. Every first forum post on Smogon, I'v been playing pokemon from the start but ever truly played the game competitively til now when i started pokemon black. thing is that im no where finished preparing my team for online battles. and have no idea how to play in tiers, i just use pokemon i like. I hope to make friends and not get my ass beat everytime I lose.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  4. Artikyuno

Artikyuno

Hi, I'm Artikyuno, but you can call me Kate if you like.

I'm not new to Smogon, in fact, I used to come here years ago (circa 2007-2009) but it's been so long that I feel like I'm starting from scratch. I'm currently 23 years old and I've been playing Pokemon since Pokemon Red in 1998, when I was 8 years old and I never grew out of it! I only played competitively for a short period of time in 2007 and then 2009 but I'm eager to get right into it :) Recently, when I was bored at work one day, I decided to get back into Pokemon. I'm currently a total noob and have a lot to learn, but I'm very curious, love to learn and I love this strategic game. I obviously can't contribute anything useful yet, but I'm hoping that perhaps one day I can participate in the discussions and help others too. At this stage, I'm just lurking, learning and playing Pokemon Showdown! (And finding myself a bit addicted to it!)

To say the least, I haven't been bored at work all week!

I'm glad to be here and pleased to meet you all.
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  5. noobcaek

noobcaek

Hi! I'm noobcaek. My nickname is Butter, but I'm welcome to being called my real name (Annie). I like watching battles on PS, particularly Ubers, to learn more about tiers and how different Pokémon are used. I'd like to get involved in the Mentorship program, as I'd like to learn more about competitive and possibly even become good. I played RBY as a young child and only really got better at the game around DPP (I was around 3 when I started playing; ADV was due to come out the year after) I tried to get into Competitive last summer with a few friends but I gave in for a while. I also hope to make a few friends and get more involved in the competitive community.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  6. Meteorr

Meteorr

Hi, I'm Meteor, but my name is Ben. You can call me either, I don't really mind. [:

I've been playing Pokémon for a very long time and have been playing competitive Pokémon since around March 2012 and consider myself to be decent at OU, which is really the only tier I play since I lack the patience to learn any others haha.

My favourite Pokémon is Yanmega, and I generally enjoy using gimmicky Pokémon and movesets that most people wouldn't expect.

That's about it really. Nice to meet you guys!
    Artikyuno likes this.
  7. Richy M.

Richy M.

Hi I'm Richy and I have been playing pokemon since I was in 2nd grade with saphire where right off the bat I feel i was a better trainer than most of my age, but recently I found out about all the underlying breeding and training. I'm on a quest for power and my team is rarely fails on random match up. I joined because I feel I can do better and I came upon the mentorship programs and tournaments and thought "wow a place where i can improve have a mentor and compete." I really hope to blossom as a competitve player and gain recognition.
  8. Aguadiablo

Aguadiablo

Hey,

I've been playing Pokemon for many years, the first game I got was Pokemon Yellow. But I'm very new to competitive battling which I've realised is rather different to in game battling. So I will need to learn more about strategies etc. first, but I'm hoping that I will be participating in the tournaments and wi-fi communities before too long.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  9. Louvre

Louvre

Howdy.

I'm a noobish veteran player :)

I've been playing since pokemon r/b/y, but never on a competitive level. I'm looking forward to learning new things about it, and meeting friendly players.
    Hulavuta and Artikyuno like this.
  10. Irregular_Pixel

Irregular_Pixel

Hi everyone!

I played pokemon since gen 1 and I was interested in the metagame for a long while. After having played a few ou matches recently, I really liked the metagame, even though I was slaughtered. I hope to learn more and get better.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  11. ReddHawk34

ReddHawk34

Hello world! If you would like to find out my name, look to the left. I am one of those people who likes creating pokemon, whether it be by spriting or drawing. I am also trying to get into competitive battling but it is all so complicated considering that all my life I've just been trying to go for the 1-hit K.O. so I'm trying to learn.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  12. Momochuu

Momochuu

Hi, I never posted here. I'm a new poster to Smogon, although I've been using this forum and its features since the beginning of gen 3, when I began play competitive Pokemon. I played 3rd gen almost every day, I played 4th gen on and off, and 5th gen even moreso since I hate the weather nonsense and how much easier it seems to be. I'm playing a lot more now though, and I go by _Karinachuu_, Hello Momomo, or MagicalMomochuu on Showdown, and Momochuu on #smogon and #pokemon. I would eventually like to do art for this site too.

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all.
    Artikyuno and AWailOfATail like this.
  13. Cowtao

Cowtao

Hello! I am Cowtao! I have been silently lurking around the forums a bit and I always wanted to figure out exactly what Smogon was all about. I wanted to make a change to what is considered one of the main things that changes the Pokemon Metagame today and I finally decided to make an account. I've played Pokemon for 5 to 6 years and just recently started my competitive track record in the past 5 to 6 months. I hope to try my best to contribute towards the community and it is a pleasure to meet you all!
    Artikyuno and AWailOfATail like this.
  14. AWailOfATail

AWailOfATail

Hey! I'm AWailOfATail, or ♦Gym Ldr. Oasis♦ in Frost (which is where I've been hiding recently). I'm new to the forums but I'm loving it. OM is the best topic I've viewed so far. People are so creative. Anyway, time for more specifics. My favorite color is clear (Yes, it IS a color.), cats are cool, and my favorite Pokemon are Blastoise, Shuckle, and Ditto (because Ditto is everyone). See you around the forums!

Oh, and our league is open for challengers. frost.psim.us/thediamondleague
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
    Artikyuno likes this.
  15. smonruiz

smonruiz

Hi I guess, i'd like just to not to suck
    My name's Fran, you can call me Francis, I don't PO, only carts, I played since Yellow and now I'm at W2, any tier will be good? I want to fit in too because I'm a Normanite, mild strategy but kinda bad, I know my way around weaklings, there are BAD things out there, and I don't want to fall onto wasted potential.
    Tell me if you want to help me out, I'll be very grateful if you do.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  16. Yoshi6852

Yoshi6852

Hey Yoshi6852 I've played lots of pokemon watched lots of online battles, but have never played online myself XD so i'm going to be learning as I play possibly making this into a youtube series so people can watch me fail and I can see if I ever start getting better.

I'll be on PS or PO simply because I don't want to make lots of teams right now don't have a working Action Replay (despite having 3 of them can't find the only one that works). Let me know if you have any advice.
    Artikyuno likes this.
  17. MattMagic

MattMagic

Hello. I am Matt. I have been playing Pokémon since I was eightish. My first game was Yellow Version that I got with my first Gameboy for Christmas. I have been shamelessly playing Pokémon ever since. I only recently became aware of the metagame, and have tried forming a few teams only to meat spiky failure on Pokémon online.

I don't know much about the community. I would like to get involved in the smogon metagame, Wifi, and tournaments sections if you don't mind. :D. Of course I'm a bit lost on where to start. I guess getting into competitive means learning about what pokémon to watch out for and learning how to use the pokémon I have. It is nice to meet you all :D!
    smonruiz and Artikyuno like this.
  18. smonruiz

smonruiz

You
    Are
    Not
    Alone!
    I lived the same way!
    MattMagic likes this.
  19. Wrighty7050

Wrighty7050

Hello all my name is Aaron or you can call me Wrighty, either or is fine :-) I'm 26 and live in Tasmania Australia.

I have been interested in pokemon and been playing on and off since '98. That being said I have never played serious and have minimal knowledge of competitive pokemon/meta game.

I am very eager to learn as much as possible and appreciate any constructive comments/ advice. I hope to one day be able to contribute something useful to this forum!

Thank you all for taking the time to read this :-)
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  20. Death Blade99

Death Blade99

Im Death Blade99 I've played pokemon for many years. My favorite pokemon is Haxoraus.
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  21. Mrs. Wu

Mrs. Wu

Hello there, I am new to pokemon, but i would really like to learn how to play the game. I am not very good at english, but I hope that i can get better as time goes on.

I would like to get involved with Pokemon Showdown and IRC if time permits me to do this.

Thank you and I would like to get to know people here!
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  22. Qualna

Qualna

Ah, I made this account quite a bit back but I never really got it on until recently.

I never really tried competitive battling until recently but I already picked up what and how is competitive battling, the threads I like to see are RMT and smogon metagames, as I like to help others (like in my first post) or just read forums. But I'm not very good at writing stuff like that, I reread my first post and it wasn't really written quite well. But at least I got my point across. xD

PS: Don't ban me!
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  23. masterk3ing

masterk3ing

Same as above^.
    I made my account awhile back but have just got back into it, because of X and Y soon i guess.

Like most others, i have played ALL the GEN's but haven't played competitively at all. I have very brief knowledge about the competitive metagame at the moment and don't really know what all these Pokemon acronyms stand for, but i guess i'll learn eventually. I am looking to become competitive enough, within under a year so that i can possibly enter VGC's and be able to battle online with ease.

I may not be used to competitive Pokemon, but i am used to competitive TCG games. For example i play Yu-Gi-Oh and have played all over the world and have actually topped a couple of events. I also used to play Cardfight Vanguard and know how to play Magic the Gathering. - I know this is unrelated, however i hope it acts as a chassis to my start in competitive Pokemon play and i plan on joining the 101 apprentice program.

Feel free to PM me with any tips, hints or advice you may have for a newbie. - I would appreciate any help i can get.

Thanks.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  24. BlackMantra

BlackMantra

Hi. Black Mantra here (back in my motherland, it literally means 'Black Enchantment' which is pretty cool... IDK. People say I'm a walking calculator who just comes with a built in stupidity feature)... So yeah. My DS did break, but I've been playing and honing my skills on an emulator. By honing I just mean I used roms to play B/W and B2/W2. By far my fav gen of all times is the 5th one. It has a lot of my favorite Pokémon. I just love Pokémon, and each Playthrough I like to mix up my team with new monsters I've never tried, even once so that I beat the elite four with a Raticate, Butterfree, Graveler, Kadabra, Ho-oh, and Typhlosion. (True story) and I was five when I did that. So I think with a little help, I could become an all around decent competitive battler when X and Y come out. Already looking forward to it. As far as non competitive battling goes... I'm a great artist, specifically with Fakémon, and I must say that even though I just started I'm good with (possible) mega evolution. So yeah, that's me; Indian American Geek Pokemaniac Otaku Artist Walking Calculator. And I would appreciate any help because outside of video games I'm technologically crippled. Any hints and advice is well appreciated. Thnx and I hope to be able compete toe to toe with all of you one day. :3
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
    AWailOfATail likes this.
  25. Joke_R

Joke_R

Hey Everyone. I am Joke_R. I live in Australia and I'm looking at getting involved in some competitive battling, but I have no idea where to start. I understand I'm probably a little late to the party, but I have been a Pokemaniac since the R,B,Y days. I haven't been able to battle competitively before, because I didn't have access to Wifi till I got my 3DS. I have a very strategic mind, and I can come up with good team ideas, but I have no idea if they would even work or not. If someone could point me in the right direction to get started that would be great. Please don't just post a link to the Mentorship thread either, cause I read it and still have no idea where to go. Thanks in advance.
    AWailOfATail likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)