1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RapidFireRicks

RapidFireRicks

The name's Ricks I'm looking to be the very the best (pun intended) ,and I hope I can get along with everyone in this community because I seriously love pokemon ,and their games. My hope is to become better at pokemon as I become more and more involved in this community.
  2. Zakaplaka

Zakaplaka

My name is Zakaplaka, I've been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue. I didn't have many friends growing up so I really only ever battled kids lacking in every way, and as the hacks became more popular in my area I battle mostly Rare Candy leveled Mons which are such a bore. Due to lack of proper resources to play any Pokemon game past Diamond/Pearl I fell behind in experience with newer moves, Mons, move pools, etc. Yet as I found smogon.com I played off and on trying to familiarize myself the new metagames success and failures throughout many battles, now I'd like to find a little guidance from more experienced competitive battlers in hopes of being that much closer to a real battler.
  3. supercoven94

supercoven94

Well my name is Supercoven, i've been played pokèmon since red and blue and played competitively since DPP, i'm quite a well player in NU and trying to get in other metas such OU and Ubers, don't rage on me for my english 'cause i'm not from an English speaking country.
  4. Alabaster Knight

Alabaster Knight

Hi, I'm a huge pokemon fan, and after learning how easier it has been to EV train in X and Y, I've decided to start doing competitive battles. Looking to improve my skills as a whole, I'm hoping to simply hone my competitive knowledge. I'm also interested in learning how to form teams to promote my favorite pokemon. Nice to meet you all! :D
  5. CorruptedCheese

CorruptedCheese

Hello all, I am Cheese, I have come mainly to do ASB but I may also spend all of my time lurking in other forums, so don't mind me! Anyway, Hi!
  6. KvmxKvzx

KvmxKvzx

Hi I'm KvmxKvzx and I'm gonna try to get into the competitive pokemon scene (right now I'm not doing so well lol), but I'm just trying to find some people who are tryna play for fun and competitively
  7. awilkes777

awilkes777

Hey my name is Andy. I've been playing Pokemon since Blue. I've played every single gen and love all of them. I have X currently and just beat the E4 and now I'm looking to get into competitive battling. Unfortunately I am a total noob at it and have no idea what I'm doing. So if anyone's willing to help me it would be greatly appreciated!
  8. WarBrack

WarBrack

Hello, I am WarBrack. I've always wanted to be involved in competitive pokemon battles but never could get into it.
    I hope I can make some friends here and have some good battles. I'd also like to learn more because like I said I've never battled competitively. This seems like a good community and I hope I can become a part of it. Thank you:)
  9. JL_muserwolves

JL_muserwolves

Thought I might as well post in here before I hit 20 posts in the research section-- hello! I go by JL.

I've been enjoying the competitive scene since early last year, but I thought I would finally join up here to help out with the XY research. The new developments in Pokemon breeding coupled with Super Training's arrival make it easier than ever to get into the cartridge side of things, so as someone who has been exclusive to the simulators, it's great news. I'm hoping to take part in some good discussions and debates, make a few friends, maybe get up to writing a few analyses for the new Gen VI meta, enjoy the variety of activities here and help out when I can! Cheers.
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  10. Krioni

Krioni

Hey all! I am Krioni!

I played pokemon way back gen 1, and then earlier this year got Black 2, then most recently Pokemon Y. I felt too far behind to really get much in to battling other people in Black 2, and spent most of my time breeding (catching one of every nature of ditto, getting all the power items to try and get good IV passed down, dreamworld pokemon, etc). While I like breeding, I got Y mainly because I wanted to take the challenge of battling other people. I find it thrilling, and love thinking about new teams and combinations. However, the amount of information and options makes me want to learn some from others, hence a friend of mine recommended this site!

I am a pretty active college student, so that normally comes first, but that hasn't prevented me from putting in ~80 hours in Y already, so I really do want to get good at this. I loved reading a couple guides in the Smogon pokedex about Venasaur and Blaziken, and from seeing a rotom a couple times in Black 2, I have been thinking a sweeper, a switch, and some sort of tank would be fun!

But all in all, I am here to learn, and I am excited to get in to this new gen!
  11. chimerical

chimerical

Hi there. I'm chimerical, and I would prefer it if you just called me that way.
    I started playing competitively when I was in sixth grade(a long, long time ago). I've also lurked this site since I was in sixth grade, but I never really had the time nor the motive to create an account. I even lost interest with Pokemon itself fairly recently, actually. However, with the release of X and Y, I've been spurred back into the game.
    Not gonna lie- I absolutely suck at competitive battling, but I'm hoping to get better by actively hanging out on the site. I still find it enjoyable, however. I really like the idea of raising a Pokemon exactly the way I'd like it, as well as forming teams and strategies.
    Hopefully I'll have a good time on this site. See you around.
  12. RudyxKam

RudyxKam

Heyo! I'm RudyxKam! You can call me Rudy or Kam which ever you prefer. I've been into pokemon since I was super young and I've been playing since Gen 4! I got into EV training during Gen 5 and I just got X. I'm a competitive on showdown and on the DS! I'm really interested in CAP and perfecting OU teams. I'm open to suggestions for. If you wan't to battle me on showdown or online just inbox me!
  13. Shrilakkigan

Shrilakkigan

Hello, I am Shrilakkigan, although I tend to prefer to go by Kiga.

I am a 22 year old college student who has had a love for pokemon since I was eight, back in the very beginning. I have held an interest in competitive battling ever since the…2006? Tenth Anniversary Competition, where I was put out in the first round for building an absolutely beginner team that held no synergy whatsoever.

I am a self taught battler, and I built my first usable competitive team for the Gen IV metagame, but it did not go over very well. My Gen V team was marginally better, I could win with it, sometimes, but it had some pretty big flaws. Now, as Gen VI is underway, I want to get fully involved in the competitive community, and finally develop a winning strategy and team.

I tend to prefer the OU, and my favorite pokemon is Gardevoir, very original, I know, and I would like to try to build a team around her now that she seems to have a decent new buff going for her. But, if she can't be used in the OU, then so be it, although I might be willing to go lower for her.
  14. FaxR

FaxR

Hi, I'm FaxR.
    I'm 18 years old and just recently got back into pokemon with the help of X and Y.
    Started playing back in gen 2 and dabbled a bit in competetive play in gen 4, though nothing super serious.
    I joined this site so I could better learn how to build teams and learn how to play better.
    From the little competetive I did play I remember enjoying OU the most so that's probably what I'll be focusing on learning.
    Hope to find some good people who can teach/re-teach me the ways of competetive play.
  15. teamdelibird

teamdelibird

Hey, I'm teamdelibird
    Havent played since gen3, but I did play some competitive then and I may ease back into it now. I've been reading the smogon site for a long time, but I'm only just now joining the forums. I really enjoy OU. Favorite pokemon are Snorlax, Gardevoir, and the Lati twins. I'm hoping to use the "rate my team" thread because I can't seem to get out of my gen 3 ruts and build a team that deals with all the new threats.

I also have a tradition of having a team of 6 delibirds, and refer to myself as "the delibird type gym leader". It's lead to some hilarious battles in the past. In my copy of Y I've recreated the team with a shiny as the final one! So if you'd like to laugh your face off, "challenge" my "gym" over wifi! PM me for a friend code.
  16. Koruam

Koruam

Hello everyone =D,
    I am Wesley from the Netherlands, I am 26 (almost 27) and I became interested in competitive play a short while ago. It didn't take me long to find this site and after some lurking around I thought it was time to register as a member.

I am here to learn about competitive play, I haven't got a clue on where to start so I hope this forum will help me build a team and tackle the problems that might lay ahead of me.
  17. Celestial Phallus

Celestial Phallus

Hey I'm Celestial Phallus, I joined a couple days ago. Unfortunately, the only tier I play at the moment is BW OU and I mean to change that eventually, but for now I'd like to get into the ou forums, the rmt forums, and the uncharted territory forums, but I'm not really sure where to start and what to post.
  18. Sodium Rising

Sodium Rising

I lurk. Been awhile since i posted.

Played since GSC. I dabbled in bw2 ou/uu/ubers. Aiming to get back into swing of things with my newly found free time.
  19. Silok

Silok

Hi I'm Silok. I'm new to the forums but have been using Smogon for move set advice for a while (since Black/White I think). I've been playing Pokemon since I was little and have loved it ever since. I play a bit of the TCG as well as the VG. I joined so I can learn team building a bit better. I hope to get involved in this community!
  20. Panfuricus

Panfuricus

Hi I'm Panfuricus. I've been lurking for a while, but my friend Paul wanted to get more involved in Meta, so I suppose this would be the place to start talking :). I play the TCG, I've been playing since Red and Blue first released.
  21. Spunz

Spunz

Hi everyone! I'm Spunz. I am new to the smogon forums but have been using smogon as a resource for a few months. Although I have been playing pokemon since RBY, I have never really gotten into competitive battling. In the past few weeks I have been using Pokémon Showdown and learning the basics. My favorite pokémon game is probably Diamond and my favorite poke is Umbreon. Cheers!
  22. Jonjonz

Jonjonz

Hey guys,I'm Jonjonz.
    I'm back for competitive battling,My top score on Shoddy was 4th on the OU ladder so you know,been around.
    Hopefully I'll get as good with this gen as I was previously. the Last few gens havent been as kind.

#Doubles247
  23. Mega_Lucario

Mega_Lucario

hello, im mega_lucario, i have been playing pokemon since RBY i retire in RSE and back this year starting from 4th passing a few months in 5th and now im totally lost in 6th, i know the basic, and been doing good in the simulator, cheers
  24. WooperScooper

WooperScooper

Howdy! I'm WooperScooper, Wooper, or Rez, any of the three works. :D
    Much like (I assume) many new users, XY is the reason that I'm hoping to become active on Smogon though apparently I've been a member since February. I'm pretty sure that's when I found a love for breeding and Pokemon Giveaways on Reddit.
    I'm interested in learning the ins and outs of Pokemon battling as I haven't played a PvP game seriously since UMvC3 which I miss very much. I'm learning via the Smogon forums and my brother (user TwistedSpaceman) who I believe may be semi-active here.

ANYWAY, I look forward to getting to know y'all and hopefully being able to actively participate in the community!

Edit: Woop woop!
  25. downwinds

downwinds

Hi, I'm downwinds, I've been a Pokemon fan for many years but am completely new to playing competitively, though I'm very interested in learning.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)