1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NMANDUDE

NMANDUDE

Hi I am NMANDUDE. I have been playing pokemon since I was little, but competitive battling since this summer... I am not the best at it so I would like to learn more, aand become better. I have been active on Pokemon Showdown for the past couple of months. My best teams are OU and LC, but I want to make them batter! So please help me :) Thanks, from NMANDUDE
  2. Houndoomsday

Houndoomsday

Hey, I'm Houndoomsday! I have been playing Pokemon since 3rd gen, and have picked up competitive battling recently. I would like to learn how to design stronger teams, as I am alright at battling, but only when I "borrow" a team from the RMT forums! I would like to have my main formats be ADV OU and current OU.
  3. asbdsp

asbdsp

Hi, asbdsp here! Glad to join your community. I'm from the USA and a total noob. Until recently I was a first gen bigot, but I'm interested in everything about battling, and last night after 3-4 tries won my first OU battle on Pokemon Showdown! :toast:

I'm here to learn about the game, and maybe eventually even start kicking a little butt. :pimp: Hope to have many fun battles with you guys!
  4. Bean

Bean Can't think of a good custom title...
    is a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Hello.
    I go by the name Bean and I have just joined smogon today as I would like to start competitive battling and this seems like a great place to begin, with nice and helpful people. I know about pokemon and types/EVs/movesets/hazards etc. but I would like to learn about team building and competitive battling. RU and LC seem fun tiers but I don't mind other ones if people think they would be better to learn the basics. If anyone would be kind enough to teach me about smogon and battling I would appreciate it greatly. My favourite starter is typhlosion. My favourite type is dragon.
    I look forward to competitive battling and having fun as a part of the smogon community.
    -Bean
  5. xt44tx

xt44tx

Hello there, I'm xt44tx, my real name is Aulis and I'm from Finland. I've been playing Pokémon since I was 4 years old, though I don't own any game console anymore (emulators ftw). I am composer and arranger, and I also play the trombone.

I'm very interested in game music; I've made a couple arrangements from themes of Legend of Zelda, now I'm making transcriptions from Chrono Trigger. Someday maybe, I hopefully have enough time to make a big musical work for the symphony orchestra from Pokémon themes. That would be awesome to hear :)

I play mainly NU in PS!, but recently I've been very busy so I haven't had much time for fun. See you soon in NU!
  6. Avakael

Avakael

Hello, I'm Avakael. My name is Alon in real life. I'm back here because I'm in a bet with my friend. =) Let's see how this goes.
  7. Spreebok

Spreebok

Hi there, I'm Kate and I'm from the UK!
    I've been playing Pokemon ever since Red/Blue came out, and I recently become interested in competitive battling! I figured it was enough to just enjoy playing and using the pokemon you like, but after getting my rear handed to me in the recent Nintendo Winter Friendly, I started to try and get better. I've learnt EV training, and try to run the best movesets to suit my teams, but I just can't seem to get it right, and would love to learn from you lovely people here how to become a great battler! :)
  8. Abdomisnow

Abdomisnow

Howdy.
    I'm Abdomisnow and I've been playing competitively off and on for all of Gen V. On Pokemon Showdown, my name is TastyCactus. I consider myself to be an OK battler, but my weak point is teambuilding. My favorite tiers are UU and NU, and in real life I like running and hiking.
  9. Kermi

Kermi

uh hi.

i'm kermi/Noir and i'm surprised to be posting in this thread (or any thread really) because i'm rather shy, especially when it comes to communities i'm not a part of. but my girlfriend Shii insists you're all cool people so i guess i will give it a shot

i've only posted now even though i signed up a little while ago mainly cause i was too scared to.

i'm decent at battling, play basically any metagame. except doubles, i don't know how to play vgc. i like Homestuck and Touhou and.. yeah. hi.

godifeelsoawkward
  10. btdamron

btdamron

Hello, Somgon! I'm BTDamron... I've been in the pokemon scene for 14 years now! Yeah, long time but whatever... Last year a friend of mine, whom is not on your site but stalks it often, introduced me to the world of compeditive battling. With theknowledge he has give me, being one of the top three battlers in my state, I have been able to turn my deadly kills teams into something even he fears. (My kill teams are more than enough for anyone to handle...) I already posted onthe rate my team sections, but sadly did it incorrectly, so I will do it again soon. other than that, HI!!!!!
  11. Spritecheat14

Spritecheat14

Uh Hi, I like long walks on the b- wrong website

My name is Spritecheat14 and I've been on this site for a few months, but never was able to integrate because well... I just couldn't find a board that was right. I lurk around and read a lot of posts, but just have never really had anything interesting to post. I want to be in the community, but I didn't know where to start until now. My only one other post was on the Apprentice Program thread, and I got skipped. I know it's because of my low post count, so I would like to change that :)
    I would like to learn more about the OU, RU, and NU meta games. I also would like to understand RMT and how to do them.
  12. GHOSTE

GHOSTE

hey guys i'm Ghost i'm recently gotten into competitive pokemon battling and looking to get better played pokemon casually all my life and really hope to be popular here on smogon :toast:
  13. NeoLies

NeoLies

Hi everyone!! I am NeoLies and I've been lurking around the forums for a while but I've made the decision to try and get more involved so that i can get better at the game. My first (and favorite) pokemon game was emerald but I only got into competitive pokemon two years ago (im really bad, tough).

My favorite metagagames are OU and UU, but I'm better at UU. I would like to learn more about these two metagames, especially team building.

PD: English is not my native language so excuse me if i make mistakes.
  14. Scycorax

Scycorax

Hey everyone,

I'm Scycorax and I've just recently ( yesterday ) gotten involved in competitive battling. Though I played pokemon for a fine 11 years I'm the biggest noob alive at team compositions, moves, strategies, everything. ;_; I would like to get to know the ropes.. with one of my goals being good at RU, since I LOVE Crawdaunt.

I also have a high interest for RNGs though, and since I talked about it a bit with the good guys WildEep and Toast I got to know the basics a little, but I'm still starting out at learning everything.

So yeah, basically I'm a total airhead when it comes to playing pokemon at decent levels. Though birkal made me play 100 randbats.. :l

Anyway, to the awesome mods/tutors; great job so far. I like the community and I'm hoping to be a stayer. c:

( P.S. Check out the amazing Crawdaunt art Snowflakes made for me, it's my forum avatar. )
  15. SC25

SC25

Hello, I am SC25. I been on Smogon for about 6 months. My favorite Pokemon is any dark type. I'm into the competitive battling on the simulator.
    :toast:I:toast:just:toast:want:toast:to:toast:put:toast:this:toast:toast:toast:up:toast:
  16. Gliscor69

Gliscor69

Hi:]
    Mi name is agustin. I'm from california and the first pokemon game I ever got wad heartgold and from there I grew a love for pokemon. Now I'm here at smogon trying to get better at wifi battleling(something that I didn't Know about until Watching pokemon youtubers). My First competitive battles were at the pokemon WiFi simulator and I gotta admit that that simulator really helps out a lot. And thanks to that pokemon showdow I gained lots of experience enough to say that I'm a decent battler but there is more space for knowledge especialy in such a big community like this one. My goals are to enterr this Following tournament (I kinda need help singing up), get some tutoring on double battles so I could try out my skills at the vgcs and finally start my own youtube channel.

Thank u for this opportumity to introduce my self and I hope I can get toutoring in all of this.

Ps I'm kinda interested in the drawing. Canit be a cute gliscor plz

Psps sorry if I missed spelled a lot of words I'm writing this on my phone. :]
  17. IrishAurum

IrishAurum

Hi, My name is IrishAurum I've been playing this game what seems like forever. I'm a novice competitive battler,and as well as make videos of some ROM hacks i play on YouTube and well I would some help to shape me into a force to be reckoned with on showdown and in the game itself, some goals are to be in the top three of a tournament one day. Hope I can learn and meet new people here!
  18. TyranitarTerror

TyranitarTerror

Hello everyone! I am TyranitarTerror and this is my first ever post here. I have always wanted to get involved in competitive battles, however limited access to Wi-Fi has made it a challenge. As a result, most of my battling experience has come from the matches in the Emerald Battle Frontier.

I decided to join because I just built a team for White and have been using it pseudo-competitively in Union Room challenges with friends. Currently it is built for shock value, but the more I win, the better the people who challenge me are getting. I would like to get feedback and help to improve my tactics and keep myself one step ahead of my challengers. Also, when Wi-Fi is more easily available, I would like to move into more serious competitive play.

A little while ago I perfected my system for IV Breeding the perfect Pokémon...well as close to perfect as can be hoped for. With the amazing Pokémon I get from the system there is no choice but to EV train them. You see, I am just a plain sucker for high stats.

Anyways, as you may have guessed, I am a HUGE Tyranitar fan and have been since I started playing.
  19. AHickey1995

AHickey1995

Hi I'm Austin I'm 17, Favorite Pokemon is Porygon Z. Used to play basketball and was getting recruited because of my size (6'9" 210) to Houston and Rice but unfortunatly suffered a career ending injury. I have a wife and a two year old girl with a boy on the way. Also don't tell my wife but I date Skyla and Elesa on the side <3.

Nice to meet you all.
  20. rowland25

rowland25

hey im rowland25 but my real name is jamel. most of ya'll who have or have not battle me before on wifi. i only play d.s battles but sometimes play P.B.R battles but seeing how the meta game is changing. its hard going back to gen 4 when gen 6 is coming in 7 months. i play competitively in all tiers except lc.

i also have a few wifi battles from my d.s that is uploaded on to youtube but mostly its me battling my friend and rival B2J135 which is his youtube channel. i'm trying too one day upload my own battles when i get the equipment for it though. but still leave a like,comment, and subscribe to both channels on youtube B2J135 and Aura5777 (thats my channel).

if anyone likes to chat about pokemon, move sets,up coming tiers, and battle request, message or contact me on my profile,skype or youtube channel which is in my contact info on my profile.
  21. Axelotl

Axelotl

Hi everyone! My name is Axel. I'm 18 years old, live in Finland, and my favorite Pokémon is Swampert <3 (my favorite Electric type is Ampharos though :3) I've been playing Pokémon for a long time, my brother got Gold around 2000 (not sure on the exact year), which we played together. In 2003 my mom bought me Sapphire, and in 2004 I got FireRed. I missed out on most of gen 4, but my brother got Pearl so I helped him play through it (aka played most of it myself >>;). In 2011 I got White, and shortly after a 3DS so I didn't have to bum my borther's DS to play it :D Last year I got White 2 (I wasn't going to originally, but I couldn't resist...)

I got into competitive Pokémon right before B/W got release (I think I downloaded PO like 2 days before the European release...), but I had been following it from the sidelines for a while before that, watching narrations on Youtube etc. I've been lurking around the forums for a while, and I figured I should get my shit together and make a profile (althought the timing couldn't have been worse; I have finals coming up in 2 months ^^;)

Glad to finally be a part of the community though! :)
  22. Dark King Alexx

Dark King Alexx

Hi, I am Alexx, or DKA and I've always love to come to Smogon for various things, but never made an account, so, here I am.
  23. Kavatika

Kavatika is wary

Hi I'm Kavatika, I'm quite new to the forums, I've been battling competitive for a while but I still suck. I'd like to get to know more people on here, and get better at battling -_-

Feel free to send me a message!
  24. Tetz23

Tetz23

Hellur! I'm Tetz23 and I've been a member for about a month now. I've been on Showdown! and (more recently) Pokemon Online. I currently play Ubers, OU, and Middle Cup in the metagames department. I'm currently taking the Apprentice Program with a tutor and I'm improving my skills. I recommend this to anybody who knows how to play the metagames, but is having trouble getting better.

'Bout time a thread like this was made.
  25. Albus

Albus

Hello everyone! :)
    i'm Albus (real name is Mateo) and since i'm a newbie here (even if i created my account months ago), this is my very first post.
    I've been playing competitively since very late DPPt (like a month before BW came out) and i consider myself a good shot battling (especially in OU and to an extent, in UU and NU), but i think i suck when it comes to Teambuilding lol; i play in Pokémon Showdown! a lot, my nick is Albus79.
    I'd like to know more people here to have fun while i hone my skills (especially at Teambuilding), and mainly, become part of this awesome community while getting involved in RMTs, Wi-Fi, Smogon Metas and Nintendo Formats.
    And well...this is my (short) intro, feel free to PM me for battling or something else! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)