Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Floodz66

Floodz66

Hello, I'm not as new as some, i was aware of this site, and have been making teams since i found out about tiers such as OU since coming here. I only became aware of the competitive scene about three months after b/w came out.

I prefer playing my sand team to any other team, mostly because some of my favorite pokemon goes well in sand teams.

I started to learn more about EV training about a year after b/w came out, and have perfected the art, and have started to learn about breeding for IVs in the past week.

I hope to start participating in tournaments and other competitions and maybe win a few. My first online official pokemon tournament was last month on the rotation battle, and i got 700th place out of almost 7k people, and i was pretty proud of it, only had one uber, and most everyone else had much more.

I want to get to the point that when someone goes against me, they say "Man, this guy is really good" and i feel the first step to that is, making friends who can teach me all i need to know, and can practice with me, for practice makes perfect.
  2. kingoftheNUbes17

kingoftheNUbes17

Hello!

Hello all!

My name is Kingofthenubes17. I'm somewhat new to Smogon and enjoy competitive battling (this being said, I'm usually going to be on the Wi-fi battle finder.) I play all tiers except for Ubers and Little Cup and I only play singles. My favorite Pokemon is Charizard, and I don't back down until my last team member is down. Pleased to meet you!
  3. MyGameDragon

MyGameDragon

Hello, my name is MyGameDragon and this is my first forum post. I have been wanting to play competitive since the middle of the diamond and pearl era but I am not confident in my skills and have not made a team yet. Also, if anyone knows how I can sign up for the Battling 101 program, I would very much appreciate it.
  4. ChaosLegend

ChaosLegend

Hello Smogoners,

I am ChaosLegend but I go by Dr.Chaos on Serebiiforums. I got into competitive battling about 2 years ago, but still am not the greatest. I feel like I have the hang of it somewhat and on a good day, I can go toe-to-toe with most people on the ladder. I play a lot of OU, but my favorite tier is probably Ubers. RU is a tier I'm coming to like and UU is ok sometimes. I used to play NU, but then half my teams were destroyed by tier shifts and I didn't feel like fixing it. Right now I'm focusing on learning the LC tier to try and get Voice on PS! because I was haxed by server lag and missed out on the Ubers Voice Challenge. I'm kinda nervous to post on Smogon because of its reputation as elitist and I've seen how people bash others and put them down, sometimes using faulty logic and I really don't have time to deal with people consistently criticizing me; so I usually just lurk. Anyway, I've said enough so I'm going to maybe try posting in other areas of the forum, and hey, maybe I'll like it.
    Kavatika likes this.
  5. ShadowMarioGalaxy64

ShadowMarioGalaxy64

Umm...hi. I'm...I'm pretty new to the forums part of Smogon. Under typical circumstances, I'm reading tier information, but...oh, I'm rambling again! ._.

Anyways, my Username is ShadowMarioGalaxy64, but I also go by Paul Mann IV as my real name and, without the spaces, can be known as my username for one or two other forums sites. I'm 19 years of age, currently in school, and I work at UPS! It's...stressful--jdlskauireqwnjvdsjv...here I go again with the rambling... -_-

Well, as for Pokemon Information, I have attempted to see how making Pokemon works, but it's so confusing. When I did ideas with friends, we tried to come up with crazy ideas. Somehow, we managed to think of a Dragon-Fighting Pokemon that despised Alakazam and the Latis, but enjoyed the lack of Tornadus-T.
    My favorite Pokemon is Gengar. My first one in Red, straight from a Gastly, was with me from Pokemon Tower until the end. My brother and I traded for evolutions. He was once obsessed with the once-broken Psychic Type and I wanted Gengar, so we traded for our respected evolutions. In Gen 2, my very first Shiny Pokemon was a Gastly in Crystal--the Bellsprout Tower.
    My luck with Shinies has always been high. My friend, though, played Ruby and got a Shiny Torchic (the jealousy that day). Though that is true, I've caught Safari Zone Shinies like Beldum and Riolu, though how I managed to do so is beyond me. My favorite find was the set Beldum in Emerald. I got it and thought "Okay, I got Beldum so I can get Metagross. Awesome. Let's check it ou--" At that moment, I noticed that it was shiny. Dances of Joy happened that day.

Tier-wise, I have always been an OU and Uber lover myself. OU is just so balanced (save for Kyurem-B the way I play it) and Uber has Mewtwo, which I still believe is the hardest to stop Pokemon ever.

My very first team consisted of the following: Shell Smash Cloyster, SR Forretress, Choice Scarf Haxorus, Wobbuffet, Toxic Blissey, and SubsDisable Gengar. I swear that half of the people I fought couldn't get past Cloyster. It took out Uber teams all by itself...only because I gave it Focus Sash (which is frowned upon, apparently?)

Though that is true, I want to further understand competitive battling. I want to be able to get out there and be a threat to everybody. I don't like being beaten...as it's a flaw in my personally by being competitive like crazy.

Well, that's my post. Here's wishing the Rotom Moderator God-guy and everybody else on here good luck! ^_^
  6. Aquatile

Aquatile

Hey-O! Aquatile here.

I've been lurking the forum for about a year and half, but this is my first time posting.
    I'm most interested in contributing to the community with writing of any kind that has to be done, from the Smog to a Little Cup Analysis.
    I've been a Pokemon fan since the age of four. My first Pokemon game was a Silver Version that had a faulty save forcing the first three gyms to be played ad nauseum.

Loved it ever since.
  7. Clutch

Clutch

Hey everyone, my name is Caleb and although I've been playing Pokemon constantly since Yellow came out, I'm outstandingly mediocre at competitive playing, which I would like to get into a bit more. I'm pretty keen on UU because I've always been a fan of Mons who are good, but not the best. My favourite Pokemon is Cubone, but I have quite the soft spot for Sceptile purely after seeing the episode where Ash's took down that Darkrai. The anime is awesome
  8. SweetBiscuits

SweetBiscuits

Hey I'm Dan, I'm 14, I've played the games since first gen, and started playing them around 2 or 3. I normally just play them for fun, although recently I have been wanting to get better at them. You'll probably see me around the Battling 101 forum and on Pokemon Showdown, honing my skills :P, also irc.

See you around.
  9. SavageSceptile911

SavageSceptile911

Howdy Guys, I'm SavageSceptile911, and I have been playing Pokemon for a ridonkulous amount of time. I've kinda lurked around Smogon for awhile but never really got too involved.... UNTIL NOW!!!!

I've been playing competitively for a few years now and I'm really hoping to get involved with this fine community of PokéManiacs, soooo here goes.... 'Hello, what's crackin'? and when shall we battle!!'

P.S. :toast:
  10. ZachDennett

ZachDennett

Hey everybody. My name is Zach. I'm a student at the University of Kansas (U.S.). I've lurked smogon for a few years now and play regularly of pokemon showdown. I'm very interested in having a more active role in the smogon community!
  11. Tsuyukiko

Tsuyukiko

Hello!

My names Beta. I'm 17 years old and I've started playing Pokemon before I could even read! My first games were Yellow and Gold. My favourite type is Ice, and my favourite Pokemon is Froslass.

I've been here for a bit, but I'm very shy, so I've never said anything or battled very much...I'd like to change this though!

I found competitive battling about a year ago, and even though I don't have much practice, my favourite metagame is VGC. I've been learning as much as I can about it, and I'm waiting for tutoring to open again. I also love teambuilding! I'm probably not great, but every once an a while I go on Showdown and build a random team. I find it fun~

I'm also a bit of an artist. My art isn't the best, but I'm almost always drawing, so you might find me around Smeargle's Studio at some point.

Nice to meet everyone, I hope to learn lots~ c:
  12. samuraiscizor

samuraiscizor

Hey i'm new to the forums I have been on the wifi battle finder a couple times i do have a youtube channel that I started uploading to if you don't mind checking it out that would be great. A little about myself I am Canadian and if your wondering I live in a house not an igloo contrary to popular belief my favorite type is probably grass tier is UU and pokémon is Porygon.
  13. ChrisxArcanine

ChrisxArcanine

Hey everyone, name is Chris and I'm new to the forums here. I have been a decent competitive battler during 4th gen, but gave up towards Black 2 and White 2 due to the ridiculous amount of PokeSav Pokemon. It kind of disappointed me since I have gone through so much dedicated time to breed and EV train. However, with Gen 6 right around the corner, I'd like to pick up right where I left off in competitive battling. I would love to learn new things such as the tiers, strategies, and building my own amazing team (with help of course). These Mentoring and Tutoring programs really caught my eye and I think I'll definitely sign-up in April. Can't wait to meet new people here!
  14. InsaneDragoniteHD

InsaneDragoniteHD

Hello ! I am InsaneDragoniteHD. I am predominately OU,NU and Uber battler.
    I used to be good at it..but 3 months of no battling crippled me tremendously. So..I am relearning NU again.
    Hope we can all battle sometime !
  15. kappn ink

kappn ink

Hey everyone I'm new to battling I've been watching videos for a while and I decided to start myslef and I will be uploading videos using the wifi battle finder my youtube account uses the same name without the space I don't have any videos up now but I will start soon
    A little about myself I am from Nova Scotia Canada ( not in an igloo)
    My fav poke is bulbasaur, tier is UU and and my fav type is probably normal because normal types can learn some tough attacks.
  16. Mixed

Mixed

Hello, my name is Mixed.

I don't really know what to expect here, although I have been involved in many other communities. I can assure you one thing: I love Pokemon competitive battling and I am eager to learn more about metagames for I am not that experienced. I am a quick learner, but I am quite lazy and not present most of the time...

Aside from the main series, I enjoy playing the PMD series. I have a DS and a 3DS. I'd like to be involved in The Smog. My favorite tier is NU. My favorite Pokemon types are Ghost, Ice and Grass.

Thank you for having me here.
  17. Anphas

Anphas

sup guys, im anphax. I've never really been interested of being part of smogon and his community, until now, im a regular player of showdown (I LOVE showdown, u guys rock, keep it up) and i saw that joining can be really really good for both.
  18. UnicornSparkle

UnicornSparkle

Okay, i'm UnicornSparkle, real name is Jason. i play showdown simply because PO has wired tiers, like roserade being BL. i've played pokemon here and there for a while but only get into competitive battles a few months ago. but if you see me on showdown ill play a few rounds with you guys.

this would be the first forms community that i actually want to get into, so my forms skills are non-existent. so if anyone has tips they want to share with me, ill happily take them. like the whole signature thing, and gifs, and how they get the sprite of the pokemon on their posts ect...

hopefully see you guys on later
  19. Ghost Curses You

Ghost Curses You

Hello Smogon! Ghost here, I'm 23 years old and I'm from Spain.I have been playing the games since blue and red were released, and tried to get into competitive battling early 4th gen, still due to some issues, I just didn't have the time to play as long as I wanted, but since those issues are over, I think it's time to take back what I like.
    I hope to learn about competitive theory (stats, typing combinations, EVs, IVs, movesets), and competitive practice (mostly showdown battles atm since my DS died), also would like to learn about most of the things in order to help newcomers myself, since I find certain satisfaction on doing so I also love speculating and debating upcoming features for games such as 6th gen.
    Feel free to challenge me on showdown by the nick of GhostCY whenever you see me, the more practice the better, and if I can help you with anything, please let me know.
    See you soon!
  20. AntiCore

AntiCore

Hello! I'm AntiCore, a relative newcomer to the idea of competitive battling. I first started out with pokemon blue back when it came out, and have recently gotten back into pokemon with the help of black 2 ^_^
  21. itsalexhunty

itsalexhunty

Haaaaay guys, I'm Alex! I know I created this account a long ass time ago but I've never actually posted here myself before, only been lurking so I'm gonna change that from now on. c;

I started playing competitively last year but I'm still VERY green and inexperienced. My favourite tier is NU because I'm a hipster at heart, although I also play RU and UU from time to time.

So yeah, that's all. Looking forward to becoming an active part of the forums and improving my skills.
  22. dricart2

dricart2

Hello there, I'm David! I'm a college student and I've been doing competitive metagame battling for about 2 years now since some high school friends introduced me to it. What Smogon does is really cool for advancing the nature of this children's video game :toast:

I'm really interested in getting involved in tournaments here in the Smogon community. I've been active on Showdown since August of last year and really just enjoy building teams and battling. My favorite tiers are NU and OU.

That's about it!
  23. Bobguy12

Bobguy12

Hello i am Joshua and i uhmm very very new to competitive Pokemon in general. i hope at one point to fit into the community and hope to be an aspiring player! (Corny) X3

I hope to learn about Underused RarelyUsed Neverused and maybe about meta-games.
  24. Saezar

Saezar

Hey,Saezar here!
    I've lurked on this site so many times it felt disrespectful not to give some contribute!

I recently started battling in competitive grounds (thanks to the user-friendly-ness of Showdown)

I'm good at drawing,so see yourself in the art department any time soon!
  25. FurretFatale

FurretFatale

Hey Guys (and Gals)

How's it going? I'm FurretFatale/Furret/Quinton/Tyler, any of the above is fine~ I've had this forum account for quite some time, just haven't used it. But, now is as good a time as any!

A little about myself: I started playing the TCG and watching the shows before I even knew there was an actual video game. I started with GS, but quickly backtracked and caught myself up with originals. I'm 18 now, so I guess that means I've been a huge fan for like... 13 years?

Anyways, I used to take part in competitive play, but dropped my interest quickly. I'm hoping to start getting involved again since BW2 are still going strong and the 6th Gen isn't too far ahead.

Send me a message or whatever you'd like! :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)