1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FreyrEuxine

FreyrEuxine

Hello there guys. I am Iggy, you can also call me Freyr :D I am new to this forum so I'm hoping to make new friends here. I've been playing Pokemon since I'm 10, started out with Pokemon Red and Blue version until the Fire Red and Emerald versions. I just got my 3DS so it's my first time playing new generations of Pokemon :D I hope I learn more about Pokemon Gen VI here as well as upcoming updates. I also do some artworks and I'm going to share them soon. Cheers and it's Nice to be a part of this community !!!! Hoping to meet new friends :D
  2. Bretsky

Bretsky

Hi I'm bretsky, I'm new here and new to pokemon in general, but I absolutely love them! Not sure what smogon is all about, but I decided to come and post here!
  3. RoczElJefe

RoczElJefe

Hello,

My name is Rocz, I'm somewhat new to smogon I've been lurking for a bit but never signed up. In the Military, getting into BodyBuilding, and I play Pokemon (as well as other games..duh) for fun. I've been playing Pokemon since Yellow, started to really learn the Ev and IV mechanics in ruby, and started to get into competitive battle in B&W. Not to great at it still learning the different play styles checks, counters, synergy between mons and what not. Id like to get involved in the competitive side of smogon(more specifically OU UU and LC for the lulz) and I'm on PS! as AoRocz. don't have a Friend code just yet since I haven't even started on X (USPS and Amazon hates us overseas people lol) but ill update and get involved till then.! A Pleasure.
  4. King Zelos

King Zelos

Sup everyone! Long time Pokemon fan here. To be honest I haven't played Pokemon in a very long time, about 6 years or so. I just picked up Pokemon X recently and decided to jump back into the Pokemon scene. I always enjoyed breeding my own Dream Team and taking them striaght into the fray! That being said, I've been out of the game for so long that my rust is highly visible. Thus I have joined this site in the hopes that it will help me catch up and learn all the ins and outs of this current Gen. I'm mainly looking forward to learning everything there is to know about the competitive battle scene.

Currently I am working on my Dream Team. That being said, I need help refining this team as much as possible! So I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible from the great minds here at, Smogon.
  5. AndyAshton93

AndyAshton93

Afternoon, I'm Andy (as the name suggests!) and I've been a fan of the game ever since the start, and I've only just started to look into the competitive side of it all, so yeah, all about the dream team, learning IV's and EV's and then starting to play competetive. Also a musician, so may do some pokemon remixes in the future, who knows. Anyways, can't wait to talk to a few of you!
  6. ennuii

ennuii

G'morning.

My name's ennuii.

I play lots of pokémon. I've been using this site quite a bunch to learn how to mercilessly slaughter my co-workers at local battles. It's pretty silly when an opponent's mon gets hit so hard their hp bar suddenly ceases to be rather than ticking away and three people look at you with open mouths from across the room wondering how an azumerril just thrashed an entire team in one go.

I'm getting pretty thrashed myself in wifi battles in doubles and the stupid doubles battle maison. I guess my team's kind of lacking cohesion. I know it surely isn't perfect, but I play mostly mons I think look cool. (My shiny goodra and 6iv mega lucario are my favorites.)

Anywho. I'll surely be lurking a bit more and contributing eventually..

ciao.
    -enn
  7. Pauul97

Pauul97

Hello I'm Pauul97 (paul) I have been a fan of pokemon for many years and want to become better at competitive battles. I can't wait to start learning and making friends on this site. Thank you for reading!
  8. willy410

willy410

Hello I'm Willy410
    I've been a huge player and fan of pokemon for many years, but only recently decided to get into competitive battling in x and y. I am really interested and excited to learn more about competitive battling and the strategies used, and am probably most interested in singles ou! Can't wait to get started!
  9. SousukeBR

SousukeBR

Hi, like willy410 , I'm a huge fan of pokemon, play it since version blue. I have been in a hiatus since Crystal Version, back in Black/White/Black2/White2 (Gen 5), but only now i'm starting to play competitive battling. I'm from Brazil, and english is not my main language so, sometimes i'll say something wrong lol.

thanks for the help.
  10. Vasilas

Vasilas

Hey guys, I'm Vasilas. Hopefully this forum is still active as I'm very excited to be a part of it. I've never really played much competitive Pokemon although I have played since about gen 2. If a mod or someone who knows the ropes could message me that would be great. Hope to see you all in battle!
  11. Jeremy Kyaw

Jeremy Kyaw

Hey everybody I'm Jeremy,
    I just started competitive battling and I lost very badly to someone at my school and I really can't use pokesav with the new 6th gen release. I was hoping you could tutor me on breeding and building a good competitive team. I don't have any friend codes and friend safari's to build my team and I am hoping to make new friends in this process. Oh and my favorite pokemon is a Feraligator.
  12. Marisson

Marisson

Hello ! I'm Marisson.
    I'm thirteen and I'm french. I'm here to practice my english and also improve in competitive pokémon's battle. My favorite tier is Little Cup but I like rarely used and ubers too. My favorite pokémon is Chespin (Marisson in french).
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2014
  13. Synxthe1st

Synxthe1st

Greetings, good day, and hello to everyone who bothers to actually read this. I am Synxthe1st, and I am a very hopeful artist and author in the making. I have an account on DeviantART if anyone is curious to see my work. My username is the same there as it is here.

I am here because I grew up with Pokemon and wish to join in on the competitive play of this nostalgic series, as I have always been a very competitive person myself. I've been playing around on Showdown for a while, and I must say I am impressed by how accurately the programmers' calculations are! I also have a fond love for what I hear is called a Sand Team, which makes sense. Hippowdon and Tyranitar are two of my favorite Pokemon (especially since Tyranitar is based on Godzilla).

That aside, I am very interested in OU tiers, and it's where I seem to shine through the dusty storms I conjure the best. It's a shame that, with Generation VI, that weather only lasts for 5-8 turns. Anyway, I'd love it if someone around here could teach me how to effectively use a Generation 6 Sand Team to it's full effectiveness.

As a side note, these are the games I played, in the order acquired: Red, Yellow, Blue, Crystal, Gold, Silver, Snap!, Stadium, Sapphire, Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, White, White 2. I am hopeful I can get my hands on Pokemon Y, as I know Tyranitar's evolutionary family is found in-game.

Alright, well, that's it I guess. Time to get back to Showdown. I hope to see many of you in the OU tier! Synxthe1st, OUT!
    Pauul97 likes this.
  14. uʍopǝpısdn

uʍopǝpısdn

Hey everybody! My name is uʍopǝpısdn and I'm new here. In the past, I had done a lot of EV training, and making good individual Pokemon, but I never really did much with making a good team. I hope to participate and be mentored in OU.

--
    No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
    Hulavuta and Synxthe1st like this.
  15. Synxthe1st

Synxthe1st

Well good luck to you, uʍopǝpısdn. May I mention that your name is extremely simple that it's amazing?
  16. Maxime22

Maxime22

Hello all! I'm from Quebec, Canada. I've know Pokemon since Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow (First Gen), but I've always played it in an "childish" way : finishing the pokemon ligue, not farming the pokedex, replay the game again with different pokemons, etc.. I've never been into any kind of pokemon competitive system. I've started to fill out my pokedex for the first time in Pokemon X and I'm doing pretty fine. Doing so I started to have some interest in a more competitive aspect. I looked at a lot of battle videos and I'm stalking this website's forum since last week to try to understand the way things works, how to build a good team, understand the battle mecanics of competitive battle, etc. I'm not new to pokemon, I consider myself a good pokemon trainer, but I want to be part of something greater than the pokemon game itself. I want to maximise my performance and comme out with good knowledge of the competitive pokemon battle systems, and build an indestructible unusual (I'm a huge shuckle fan) pokemon team. I'm looking for some help to lead me into this process. Thank you
    Synxthe1st likes this.
  17. Fallen Arcadian

Fallen Arcadian

Hey everyone, been playing pokemon forever even before color existed on this planet! I am am very new to competitive pokemon playing, seeing as I started Wednesday. My name on showdown is the same as on here. I typically play on Pokebank OU. Ive been sitting at the 1450-1500 rating range the whole time. I'm here looking to step up my game. All help will be greatly appreciated. Sadly I can't connect to the servers right now. I dont know if that's just me or what. but hopefully it will be resolved soon. I think I'm addicted!
  18. Grimlai

Grimlai

Hello! I am Grimlai! I've been playing since D/P/P and playing competitively since B/W/B2/W2. However, I am still very new to the Smogon Forums (but the database is an old friend since day 1) and, frankly, I'm not all that great at battling compared to others on Showdown and Online. My Pokemon Showdown handle is Grimlai (same as here) and you may know me (although it's unlikely) on Youtube as ConanonVorad. I hope to make some friends and bash some heads in the ring! Game on!
  19. Tranier Joey

Tranier Joey

Hi my Names Korey I spelled trainer wrong on purpose cuz im a REBEL! JUst kidding iv'e been playing pokemon since I was like 6/7 and ive been hooked ever since and I look up to people like shofu and pokeaimMd since they have so much knowledge in the competetive scene but yea i like making new friends so send me a pm and im also raring for a battle so yea thats me
  20. danchou

danchou

hi everyone! i'm danchou, i've been playing since i was four and definitely haven't planned to quit! i play seriously but i haven't dabbled in the world of metagames yet because i'm a little intimidated??? i like casual battling but haven't felt confident enough to start being more competitive until now. i've been itching to learn more about competitive battling and i'd love to be mentored in OU and RU/NU as well! my favorite pokemon are altaria, riolu and lilligant! it's nice to meet you all!
  21. Honesty

Honesty

Hello all, I'm Honesty, been playing Pokemon since the Gameboy Color. Been on and off competitively over the years, but now with 6th Gen, I can already tell this going to be one interesting new metagame. Primarly an OU and UU player, but definitely looking to try Ubers and lower tiers if anyone wants to assist me. Favorite Pokemon as of recent is definitely Slurpuff!
  22. eternal_nightmare

eternal_nightmare

Hey everyone I have been playing pokemon since gen 1 and having been playing competitively for around 2 years or so, currently sitting at around 1.7k rating. I play primarily OU but I play other tiers time to time. I have a strong preference for stall and baton pass teams and would appreciate any advice in them!
  23. 0bl1vion

0bl1vion

Hello Guys, My name is Sean or Oblivion, Im relatively old to playing Pokémon, but a beginner when it comes towards Competitive. I started in 5th Gen and have been improving since then. Im very new to chatting on this forum despite the fact that I've been coming here for strategies since I started playing competitively. I've been playing Pokémon itself since Hoenn and came here just to have some fun! Currently i also play Competitive Call of Duty and just wanted a change! (Don't kill me please.) xD Anyhow, I love computers in all, you could consider me a computer geek and gamer. If that's what you'd like, I Really prefer to battle in OU as i find its the simplest as its the most common. I hope to get to know you guys soon! Thank you :)
    -Sean froakie.png
  24. May825

May825

I've just signed up for this site. Im known as May825 everywhere on the internet, and I draw a lot, even as a money source. The profile picture I have right now is something I drew of what I think my character would look like as a mega evolution version of herself. I joined the forums to try and learn more about the competitive pokemon game play since X and Y have introduced online WiFi battling that I enjoy, and that I can easily customize my pokemon's stats and move set as I want to, and how I battle. Ive been playing since the original red version, owned most pokemon games for American release. So the competitive scene is new to me, and I hope to learn more :}
  25. Ironhart

Ironhart

Oh, hello! The name's Ironhart, and I've been involved in Pokémon since I first obtained Silver more than half my life ago. (gosh, time has flown!) Competitively, I'm somewhat amateurish, as I have a fondness for mons few people seriously would use in an actual battle. Now that X and Y have rolled around, though, my precious Steel and Poison types have had a buff and I thought I might as well join here to use them to their full potential. So glad to join in on this community, and I hope I can learn a lesson or two from people who know far better than me how to battle!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)