1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DR4G0Nx

DR4G0Nx

Hello I'm dragon and i came here about a year ago. The chats pretty fun and you get to make new friends here. I love it and its pretty active i must say. I started learning about competitive battling when i first came here.
  2. c9q9md

c9q9md

Hi.
    My name is c9q9md i am 17 years old and i live in Norway.

I found this website and the pokememon showdown website 2 days ago and have been battling alot since then.

Im hoping to learn more about pokémon battling and have a good time.
    I wish to start with competive battling, and participate in tournaments in the future.
  3. Viddax89

Viddax89

Hi!

I'm Viddax89. I've been on Smogon for a few months now but haven't really posted. I'm excited about becoming a more active participant in the Metagame thread (I've only ever played OU, but am definitely willing to get into the rest). I play on PS (username is the same). I generally lean towards water types but my favorite Pokemon is Heracross.

I have a basic grasp about competitive battling and how to play but definitely need a lot of work. I can’t wait to get involved!
  4. Melic Walker

Melic Walker

Hey, hows it going.

My name is Melic and I have been playing pokemon showdown for at least a year now and have hovered around the smogon website for just as long. I've had some experiance in playing Ubers, OU, UU and RU but have never been hyper competitive about pokemon battling. I play the game mostly for fun and to foul around, what really got me into pokemon battling was the team building and theory crafting aspect of the game. I hope to enhance my pokemon battling experiance by being part of the Smogon community.

P.S. I love the smog web magazines, keep up the good work!
  5. SabreW

SabreW

Hello, my name is SabreWulfe, SabreW for short. I've actually signed up on here since 2010, but haven't really done anything with it up to now.

As for Pokémon battling via Smogon, I've been battling with Pokémon Online for a while now with different teams, with mixed results due to bad matchups, faulty teams, etc.

Now I'm looking to improve my knowledge of the game on a more competitive level and I appreciate all who help me out on that road. I'm not opposed to any of the tiers, but I'm mostly centered around OU thru NU. Especially if the teams I use contain Torterra (I love that land turtle!).
  6. Dynosaurs

Dynosaurs

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this site for a while, and I wanted to be able to make my own contributions. Other interests are music and tennis if you want to talk about that stuff also (PM or whatev). I play a bit of all tiers, and like playing random stuff in the lower ones. I'm planning on being mostly in CAP and RMT, so possibly see you there :D. Excited to get started!
  7. Green

Green

Hey, I'm Green.

Long time lurker, first time participator.

Decided I should break back into the competitive metagame after a long absence. I like making weird OU teams with no OU pokemon and then beating people.

Also since this is my 20th post, I want Birkal to draw me a Skuntank. (so I can use it as my avatar)
  8. Girum

Girum

Hi! I'm Girum (real name Giovanni). I'm from Brazil and since last year I liked to training pokemons correctly =p, but, some things in the Smogon I don't understand (like, for example, a +1 Haxorus something else...). I like to learn more these concepts and to how to create good teams in pokémon =D.
  9. NotLebowski

NotLebowski

Hi there!

You can call me NotLebowski, Dude, or Summer.

A bit about me:
    I came into Pokemon when Yellow came out...the Pikachu edition Gameboy was my first gaming device ^^; I was a major fan up until RSE...I found Ruby to be really disappointing compared to the previous games, and figured that 251 Pokemon were enough anyway. I stayed out of the loop until I met my fiance (clarinetist87 on here), who pretty much forced me to play Heart Gold while he played Soul Silver...and I fell back in love :heart:

I really hated the competitive aspect of Pokemon at first. I've always viewed Pokemon games as a way to escape real world BS, and felt like EV training/breeding for awesome IVs/RNG manipulation compromised the escapism of it. I *live* in this world when I play. I imagine myself as an actual trainer. I have a crap-ton of head-canon for how various things work in the game. The competitive aspect just didn't seem right through that lens...I mean, come on. We all know that Ash Ketchum would think that Smogonites were the scum of the earth ^^;;

Anyway! Eventually I decided to come to the dark side, and I love it here! XD
    The Winter Friendly was the very first tournament I participated in. I ran a Drizzle Politoed, a Mixed Rain Dragonite with Hurricane, a Gastrodon, and a Moxie Heracross. I placed 600th...I know it's kind of crappy, but I guess it was okay for my first competition, especially considering that I didn't use any Ubers ^^;

Also, I successfully RNGed for the first time last night! Got a 31/30/30/31/31/31 Timid Keldeo with HP Ice and a hex flawless Naive Meloetta. My plan for RNG is to only do it on Pokemon that cannot be bred or Synchronized...don't want to end up like my fiance, who tells me that too much RNGing made him feel cheap. Just my personal preference, though.

SO. I'M HERE ON THE FORUMS NOW. I'm hoping to learn how to keep my head above water competitively, and maybe figure out how to present my team in an RMT thread (I've never really thought of my teams in as much detail as those threads ask for...I basically stop at IVs, EVs, and movesets)

See you around the forums!
    --Summer
  10. V3NOM

V3NOM

Hey everyone! I'm V3NOM. I wouldn't say I'm new to the world of pokemon, but I haven't played it in a year. I am a vet of the 4th gen. And dont have B/W. My account though is a few years old, but I haven't been involved in the community too much. I visited Smog on yesterday and saw the simulator and tried it out. And since then, I'm hooked! My love for pokemon is coming back. This time I want to make it count and get involved in the community. I'd love to be a part of the tutor program, as I want to become a better competitive player. I'd also be glad to take part in the RMT forums and the Smogon meta games.

Hope to see everybody around!
  11. I am Mun C

I am Mun C

Hi, I'm "I am Mun C".

I've been lurking on smogon for quite a while now, and I know a little bit about competitive battling.

My favorite tiers are UU, LC and OU in that order.

I've just been hoping to get better at battling and have a more comprehensive understanding of each metagame.

I play on both showdown and pokemon online, and I hope to see you online!
  12. hottheadd07

hottheadd07

Hi! I am hottheadd07 (same name on showdown) I have been playing competitively since 4th gen, and basically am a huge fan of pokemon. I am decently new around here, but I would love to contribute to the CAP process. If anyone has any tips on getting to know my way around here better, or getting to help be a part of CAP please let me know :D
  13. KantyeWest

KantyeWest

Hey there

Hi, my name is Ed. I played Pokemon back in middle school, but now as a bored college student am starting to play again haha. Looking to get into competitive battling
  14. UncleDrew

UncleDrew

Hey there! I'm Kyrie Irvi... I mean UncleDrew. I've been into and around competitive battling since late in the 4th gen. meta. I've been a lurker of Smogon for quite some time and finally felt like I should become a member myself. I mostly play OU exclusively but have dabbled in RU and play CC when bored :P

I'm hoping that being here will allow me to become more well versed in the OU meta and become a better player overall :)
  15. The Shadow Lugia

The Shadow Lugia

Hai dere! I'm Shadow Lugia, and I was new to competitive battling, then I came to Pokemon Showdown. I'm kinda new to Smogon forums, but I'm getting the hang of it :D
    You can find me on PS, look at my sig for more on that.
  16. petitmoi

petitmoi

Hello guys. My name is Petitmoi, and u can call me Lester as well.
    FYI
    I am from China and may be stuck with language or blurt out odd things sometime, forgive me...

I just threw my first post in Smogon Studio and glanced over the new Mentor Programme. Personally i appreciate such encouraging and inviting activity since it's a huge community here, good work, man!

Technically I have been here since last year, mostly keeping an eye on The Smogon updates, i like it very much and admire editors' creative writings.

In real life i am not so that "competitive" gamer, partly because that's not my personality style besides limited access to WiFi competition in my place, but of course i play some Double Battles with friends as "Supportive Role", which often interests me.

Also i like to doodle with DSi Flipnote Studio now and then as well as 3DS Swapnote, i love drawing pokemon since high school, by pencil...~LOL

Hope that i could get more involved in Smogon across culture differences and timezone... :nerd: and make some good friends!
    Best wishes for U.
  17. Loafy

Loafy

Hi my name is Dan, I'm 19, I'm from the UK, I've played Pokémon since it came out in 98.
    I have basically just got into competitive Pokémon my user on Pokémon online/showdown is Loafy. I have justed started to learn how to RNG so i can get better Pokémon on my own :P
    So I'm here for the long run. So hit me up if you want to battle/trade or if you just want to talk. [​IMG]
  18. Cacturne

Cacturne

Hey guys!

Whats up my name is killerkingler IRL name: Mike. I literally just started battling showdown today after being inspired by watching popular youtubers. I have always played ingame and my first game was Pokemon Sapphire. I want to learn a lot more about team building and different types of strategies i want to know what Ivs do and know how evs work. The only tiers i have tried are RU and NU and UU seems interesting.
  19. Delidoom

Delidoom

Hello I am Delidoom, I have never really gotten into competitive play before, but the likes of the Elite 4 and Battle Subway have begun to get somewhat trivial for me, so I guess there's not much else to prove other than go into competitive play. My favorite pokemon is indeed Delibird, though my guess he won't hold up too well in competitive gameplay.
  20. Seriouz

Seriouz

Hi everyone! I'm Seriouz and I've always wanted to get involved in competitive battles :( I would like to participate in tournaments, VGC or things like that :(
    I just started to RNG some pokemons but I still have problems with this :(
    I don't know what pokemon showdown is but I'll google it hehe
    I'm from Mexico and my real name is Erick :O Don't be rude with me :(
    My favorite pokemon is Suicune :P also I like other games like Gears of War or TLOZ

Thanks! :D
  21. Incoleo

Incoleo

Hello All!! I'm Incoleo, but you can call me Inco :D I've been a long time lurker on the Orange Islands, and have tried my hand at NU, RU, and UU, though I'm pretty terrible. I'm also working on getting into Create-a-Pokemon Anime Style Battling, so I've been reading a fair bit on there. Nice to meet you!! ^u^
  22. Eyedol

Eyedol the artist formerly known as xAtrocity

Hey everyone. I joined Smogon rather recently at the urging of couple of friends who use this site regularly. I'm pretty adept at battling but I typically stick to Random Matchup or battling with friends. I'm always up for a good battle, preferably VGC format. ^_^

I've been playing Pokémon since Red and Blue versions. I have a fair amount of experience with RNG, primarily in 5th generation titles. I'm always more than happy help other users learn how to RNG or to give RNG advice, though I'm sure there are plenty of other people here on Smogon who know much more than I do. ;)

I haven't posted much on Smogon as of yet, due to being slightly introverted when it comes to things like public forums. I'm generally a pretty amiable person however, so don't hesitate to reach out to me for RNG advice or if you'd like to have a friendly battle. ^_^
  23. Rotom3GS

Rotom3GS

Hey dudes. I'm Rotom3GS. I've been playing pokemon since Gen 3. The main reason I became a Competitive player is because I hate people that play Pokemon by cheating. I have a memory problem, so I occasionally forgot how many EVs I gave to my pokemon. My Pokemon Showdown! title is Rotom3GS. I seriously dig the CAP Project. I like making move pools and concept ideas. My favorite pokemon is Aurumoth. Anybody who likes CAP and Pokemon can be my friend.
  24. pokerecording

pokerecording

Hi there!... I am pokerecording. I love Pokemon. Kinda need help with UU competitive play...
  25. Backwater Rifle

Backwater Rifle

Hello, my name is Backwater Riflle, Iv'e been pretty much still a lurker here on the forums and the site since back when bw1 launched, with limited usage of this account back when I tried to get into vgc. I finally got into OU, and began playing about a year after that. I play on PS! a lot, my alts being Backwater, Chronic, Reefer Madness. But cutting to the point, if I were to get involved with this sites community, I would like to get involved with PS! (it already has enough people though, to be frank), Possibly write for The Smog, or even simply do c&c. One thing though, that my pose as an issue, is time, but once June hits, that sould no longer be an issue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)