1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latsu7

Latsu7

Greetings, fellow Pokéfans!

Hello, people.

I'm Latsu7 and I do have a YouTube channel, but as it's focused on KH vids,
    so I don't expect one to check it out, but I might upload some battle vids, not sure about that.

So, I've been into the competetive Pokémon battling for a while,
    it all began when I was watching some
    YouTube vids about Pokémon Wi-Fi battles,
    and I started to get interested on it around the September of last year

People often call my teams ineffective, because of my different strategies what I like to use, for example:
    I can run
    Sunny Day and Rain Dance in the same team to counter the dominating weather all around.
    But on a second note, I don't often battle, because I'm a bit shy and that's why I'm actually writing this message,
    I'd like to get better in the
    Wi-Fi, while still maintaining my own style.

Alongside that, I'd like to get into the forum activity, as I do beleive that I could get along with other Pokémon fans,
    who like to maintain the competive effectiveness in their teams, not to forget those who prefer not to battle,
    but speculate and talk about the game and it's mechanics and what could work with it.

So, in all in all, I beleive I'll like Smogon, when I get into the community and get over the "fear" of others opinions.

Thank you for reading, and have a fine day.
  2. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Hello, Smogon! I am Brazilian and I'm 22 years old.
    Firstly, let me say that I am not new to the game, but would like to learn a little more about the competitive scenario and how the forum works.
  3. INFERNADO

INFERNADO

Hello, Smogon! I am INFERNADO, I am an amateur speed solver (3x3 Rubik's cubes, dayan guhong v2 is my go to cube) and my fastest solve is 46 seconds.

I started playing pokemon when I was young. My first game was saphire and my absolute favorite pokemon was, and still is blaziken (sad that it is stuck in uber).

I am not the most experienced strategic battler, but that is mostly cuz I have been stuck in a place with no Internet, so no real practice.

I would love to improve my metagame knowledge, and even enroll in pokemon 101, And once I improve, start joining in tournaments.

I hope to have tons of fun on smogon. :D
  4. Lita

Lita

Hi i am a showdown player and a future trader, in that way i will erase on my locked thread the use of pokesav i promise on the goal to unlock it... You also have to know that i'm not a girl even with a pic and pseudo like that, i am a french men. Hope i will trade on wifi soon.
  5. CalcMaster

CalcMaster

Hello everyone, I am the CalcMaster. I was getting tired of all my mathematics grad courses so I pulled out my old copy of Pokemon Diamond. I resurrected and reconstructed my old team, and I've been doing some local tournaments at GameStop and whatnot.

I looked at the Smogon forums for a while, and decided to join. I wanted the help of all of you here who are clearly very well versed in the art of Pokemon battling to help perfect my team so I could participate in some of Smogon's tournaments or even the Pokemon sponsored tournaments.

PM me if you have some suggestions or if you're willing to mentor me. I can give you a brief run down of my team and go from there.

I look forward to connecting with you!

-CalcMaster
  6. Darknight98

Darknight98

Hey, everyone, I am Darknight98. I came to these forums just to learn more about competitive battling.
  7. SirLudicopro

SirLudicopro

Hello everybody! I am SirLudicopro, but my real name is Mathieu. As you can crearly see, my favorite Pokémon is Ludicolo. I don't have a huge knowledge about Pokémon since I've only been a fan for a year, but I know most of the important stuff. Also, English is my second language, so if sometimes my grammar seems kind of odd, that's why! :P

I also have a question: since there's not a BW2 option in the battle finder (at least I can't find it), how can I find a BW2 battle?
  8. Proton

Proton

Hi, I'm Proton. I got interested in the competitive battling community a few months ago, I remember first smashing my friend's teams with the strageties on smogon. I would like to learn more about OU strategies and I do not fully understand EVs and IVs yet. Other then learning about competitive battling I like to glitch hunt in Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow. You've probably seen me on Pokemon Showdown as Executive Proton. No, I do not RP as him, I just like the character a lot.
    Any support is appriciated.

~Proton
  9. Smeargogh

Smeargogh

Hey there, Smogon! I must admit, I am a total newcomer to what is essentially competition in Pokemon. But while my lack of knowledge may be initially frustrating, I can at least say that I'm motivated to learn.

I also have a great deal of experience in, well, experiencing the games. I've been a lifelong fan and know my way around the story and feel of the episodes. This may be a given for a Pokemon enthusiast, but I have actually taken an interest in using this street smart to help develop a knack for speedruns. I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Although I have some set goals, I am not against further immersion within Smogon and Pokemon in general, and I hope to pick lots up in my times here. Thanks!
  10. Onoret

Onoret

Hello, Smogon! I am Onoret, and I am not much special. I play pokemon for fun, I eventually got into competitive battling and found myself here. My favorite pokemon is Crobat. That's about it, really!
    Edit: Forgot to mention, I also have a small interest in the CAP and metagame forums.
  11. Azam81

Azam81

Hello I am Azam, I like to play VGC and compete in leagues. I play on pokemon showdown with a replica of my team I actually use.I have been playing pokemon since I was 7 years old but starting playing competitive in 2011. I want to be more known and involved in activities around the Smogon community
  12. Coralist

Coralist

Hello, I am Coralist. I am from the Québec. I play pokémon since the 1Gen. I am new in competition. I like ground type pokémon and my favorite is flygon.
  13. jonmccaskill

jonmccaskill

Hey, everyone, I'm 21, I study music and I work at Target. I've been lurking this site since like seventh/eighth grade, around the 3rd Gen. I've always been a fan, but I was never the best competitive battler. I would love to get a mentor to help me become better competitively. In class, when I'm not paying attention, I make up my own stat spreads, lol.
  14. Darknut07

Darknut07

Hi,

I've been lurking with this account forever but just started posting consistently. I hope to start a trade thread here with a friend over the summer break once we have a sizable collection of RNGs. I'm interested in battling too. I've hit top 50 a few times before on PO and Showdown (and Shoddy back in the day)
  15. Barack Obamasnow

Barack Obamasnow

Good day people. I'm Barack Obamasnow. Some of you may know me from Showdown. This is actually my first post on the forum. I started playing pokemon when I was about 6. I've just recently gotten into competitive battling about a year ago or so. While I'm pretty comfortable at this point, I still find that I have a lot to learn.
  16. Nicoli

Nicoli

Hello everyone,

The name is Nicoli, and I've been lurking in the competitive battling scene for quite some time. I started way back in the days of Gen I, but didn't really start making a name for myself until Gen II on Pokemon Netbattle. I generally kept away from any one Pokemon Community because all I cared about was battling. Once Gen IV arrived and Netbattle eventually collapsed, I officially retired and haven't been back until recently.

I love the RU and OU tiers, but I still have a special place in my heart for Gen II and Gen III battling. I'm also interested in learning about the LC metagame. I would love to become more involved in the community I ignored many years ago with the help of other new users and the Smogon mentors.
  17. Snowbellflower

Snowbellflower

Greetings!

Hello fellow Pokemon fans! I guess I just spend about a paragraph talking about myself so here is goes:

I would like to become more involved in the community and develop my own skills and styles for battling.

I have been playing Pokemon since 3rd grade. My first game I owned was pearl, but I loved visiting my friend's house playing her gameboy games such as Leaf green and Emerald

I have been using this site for competitive battling and useful tips for about a year or so, but finally decided to make an account.

I love drawing Pokemon and I'll take requests!
    And that's about it. Love the site <3
  18. Itsame

Itsame

Hello, all, I'm Itsame. You may have heard of me on PS. (probably not, though) I have been on this site, the strategies here have really helped me, and I felt like I needed to do something around here.
  19. RobotRabbit

RobotRabbit

Hello! My name is Ellen.
    I've had this account for awhile, but I've decided to finally start using it, mostly for the mentoring program. It's been awhile since I've been a part of an active forum, too, so that would be nice. D;

I also love to draw, as well, so I plan on getting involved with the art events here! I look forward to meeting you all. :3
  20. KingCoopa

KingCoopa

Hello to everyone. I'm a RPG fan, and I've played Pokemon since it first came out oh-so-long-ago. I'm in my late 20's, and I've recently become interested in competitive battling after having been introduced to Smogon and the Reddit community. I never realized there were so many people that were interested in this side of the game!

I'm very interested in the Never Used tier, and I am currently building a team. I have read several threads and meticulously gone through the Smogon pokemon analyses, but I know my team probably has glaring flaws that I can't see. If there are any mentors particularly well-versed in that tier, I'd welcome input. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you, my new friends and acquaintances.
  21. MrLumipigo

MrLumipigo

Hi everybody... My name is Luís, from Portugal, 25 years old... Been a pokelover since I can remember, wishing they could be real (kinda still that sometimes... I mean, get real, who doesn't?). I'm in med school, right now, and got back to pokemon after a while.

My favorite pokemon has always been dragonite since generation 1, because we share some traits (like the kind hearted, light personality) and I like how cute and harmless he looks and how he packs a punch :) I think milotic comes in a close 2nd

I wish to become more involved in pokemon competitive battling, but I have no experience whatsoever. Was waiting for the X and Y o come so I would buy a 3ds then with the game then and join the competitive world then until I learned about Showdown (kinda lame how I consulted smogon and never noticed it :P) (anyone willing to tutor a complete noob, pwetty pwease? *pouts*)
  22. Corruption Zero

Corruption Zero

Hi my name is Corruption Zero and even though I have been a member since Dec 1, 2013. This is my first post in Smogon.

I am a Breeder,(still getting use to it) I have started to breed Pokemon lately and have been studying it to understand the mechanics. But other then that I have been with Pokemon since I was little.

My favorite Pokemon are Pidgeot, Lucario and Galvantula. Galvantula started to become my favorite after I went on a Pokemon hunt in Chargestone Cave for Joltics with 31 IV's(No hack). After I found a few with the IV's that I wanted I bred them for the Galvantula I have now(I've grown attached to it).

I also have a habit of beating my games sometimes with the first Pokemon I catch on my journey instead of my starter. For example I beat Pokemon Soul-Silver with the pidgey I caught.

My reasons for joining Smogon was to learn more about competitive battle. So I can understand the seriousness I have seen so far from other sites.
  23. MahouRedZ

MahouRedZ

Hello! MahouRedZ here! I've played pokemon since yellow version and i would like to learn competitive battling and make friends here.

I always liked to use my favorite pokemon so i'm not a very good team builder (not for long).

Also I have insomnia so i'll be very active at late hours and I'm looking forward to be a full member.
  24. Liz4rdon

Liz4rdon

Hey my name's Liz4rdon (thought of changing it to Lizard0n to late) my real name's Malik though people call me anything from Maliki, Mordecai, Mavrick, or Alpha. I used to love competetive pokemon and breeding and played each pokemon game (up to white played it didnt like Unova *shrug*) I'm looking to find some new friends to play pokemon with and get back into compet-playing.
  25. Rayzor

Rayzor

Hi, Im Rayzor, Brand new to these forums. I play pokemon Platinum and Black 2, my friend codes for these games and my 3ds are added on my profile page. feel free to add me. Also, I want to get into competitive pokemon battling, though i have no clue what pokemon showdown is (im uber noob). If someone could possibly message me privately to answer some questions or adds me on 3ds, id love to talk to you. Im on most of the time..

Peace :>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)