1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fura2k

Fura2k

Hello, I'm Fura2k. I've been consulting Smogon since 2011 but never participated much. I'm a 1500-1600 Elo player on Showdown and now I want to learn/reach the highest level of battling, and for that, I am willing to train hard. I play mostly bulky offense but I can't find the right path to climb the ladder, now I'm trying HO but without much success.
  2. Roberticon

Roberticon

Hi im Roberticon, Im going to get Pokemon Y soon, been playing since Pokemon Emerald, Current game im playing is White, I decided to go on this website to get some knowledge on competitive Pokemon Battling ever since my cousin told me about it. Before my strategy was just hit them with all offense, with no status moves, but after going on this website I learnt that doing so could be very risky, so I will learn as much as I can so I can start battling once i finish y. My favorite Pokemon is Greninja, as you can see on my profile pic, and fortunately, once I get Pokemon Y, my friend will trade me a lvl 1 froakie with protean. :) See you on Smogon!
  3. DesQue25

DesQue25

Hey guys! My name is Davidson and I'm a fairly new battler!! I do IV breed all of my pokemon and enjoy every second of it, but lately I've been getting stomped out of matches. But anywho, I'm here to find new friends, learn about battling and to play pokemon of course! :P
  4. jecca915

jecca915

Hello my name is jecca915. This is my first post and im new on this forum. I've been playing Pokemon since 2008. Looking to battle and make fair trades. Also to make new friends on here. So message me :) Thank you.
  5. Occult Maniac

Occult Maniac

I'm Andressa. I've been playing since first gen like many others but never actually got into the battling scene. Due to the new breeding mechanics in XY, in my spare time I like to breed Pokémon with six IVs. I figured why not learn how to actually use them? I want to learn how to battle and maybe meet other Brazilian players as well.
  6. pranger52

pranger52

Hi I am very new to competitive pokemon battling i have been trying to pokemon showdown for a week but I almost only win when 1 of my friends helps me. I would like to learn how to play but my irl friends arnt the best either and I would really like to make some new friends.
    Thanks for reading :)
  7. emraküll

emraküll

Hello internet! My name is John. But I'd rather be called Emraküll or glados. Too many Johns out there XD.

The basics:

Im 19
    I love making all sorts of music
    Will go to college, but im waiting on my gf to graduate HS (one more year)
    I play Magic the Gathering.
    I want to start playing pokemon competitively. Might get pokebank soon.

Contact me!

My friend code:
    1590-5230-5794
  8. unexpectedmango

unexpectedmango

Hey! I'm unexpectedmango, and I've been playing Pokemon for around 5 years now, but I haven't really played much in postgame. Hope I learn here!
  9. The Dream Eater

The Dream Eater

Hi there, I'm the Dream Eater. I've been playing Pokemon since Emerald came out in 2005, and trying to understand what my brother was doing on it since I can remember. My favorite tier is currently OU Monotype because it forces you into thinking in a very interesting way. My favorite Pokemon is actually Torkoal but Dream Eater is a BA move and I thought it sounded cool. I'm not the best at competitive battling, but I'm not the worst (at least I don't think I am xD). I'm hoping to make some new friends in the community because I got kinda bored of just playing on Showdown by myself. That's about it, and I'm looking forward to getting into this community ^.^
  10. BigTotalHero

BigTotalHero

Hey there, I am BigTotalHero, I made this account to ask a question way back, and now since I'm getting a bit deeper into the XY competitive, I decided to check out the smogon forums a little more. I still have quite to learn in the metagame, and I'm really happy to be getting into all this. Two areas I'd really love to get into are the tournament community and the mentorship program. I hope to actually learn from a mentor and hopefully one day become a mentor. Obviously, I'll have to learn quite a bit. Happy to be here, guys! :)
  11. Acubenz

Acubenz

What's up Smogon? I've been using this site on and off for years now as a reference for team building, but now I'm trying to get a little more serious into competitive battling after seeing the huge new features X&Y bring to the table. I've been in love with Pokemon since I was 5 and have played (almost) every version since 1999. I even remember ordering Leaf Green from Japan just to get a chance to play before all my friends got it. Aside from playing through the games I'm an avid follower of the anime and I sometimes binge read the comic series online. I've spent a good portion of my time writing fan-fiction and on forum based roleplaying sites creating characters I sometimes transition into my gameboy games. Anyways, to sum myself up, I'm a pretty busy 19 year old student balancing college classes and a full-time job. Recently my youngest brother has taken a huge interest in Pokemon and I'd like to improve my skills as a competitive battler to pass on the torch to him someday. Welp as cheesy as that might have been here's my aloha amigoes, I look forward to getting to know you guys and improving my skills in the spare time I have around here!

So, who thinks they can help me learn the ropes a little better?
  12. Cyco223

Cyco223

Hello everyone my Name is Cyco223 but in real life its James I started like everyone else back in the late nineties but stopped playing for years only recently have I gotten back into the game I want to be competitive and I do have a little understanding of ivs and evs but I cannot seem to make a strong team work well for me
  13. Ninten199X

Ninten199X

Hi! The name's Ninten199X! I've been a Pokémon fan for four years now, with my first game being SoulSilver. My favourite Pokémon is Gallade, and I'm British.
    I'm pretty active on Showdown, but my teams are a bit all over the place: I copy strategies I found on YouTube and use them all in teams at random, which makes me fairly predictable.
    If anyone can help me become better at competitive battling, I'd appreciate it.
  14. Mantodea

Mantodea

Hello everyone, my name's Mantodea. I'm pretty new to the whole competitive Pokemon scene; the most experience I've had with it is just reading the articles here and watching battles on Youtube and Showdown. I'm hoping that I can find someone who can help me learn how to play competitively and become a better part of this community.
  15. Justintown11

Justintown11

Hello, my name is Justin. I remember picking up my first cartridge of pokemon on my sixth birthday and since then is has been eleven years later and I'm still playing these game. After being into the games for so long I though what better way to enjoy it more than to become familiar the scene?
    Yagura likes this.
  16. Swagmaster222

Swagmaster222

Hey everyone, im the Maestro of SWAG... anyways, I have been playing competitively inconsistently for about a year now and seem to be getting nowhere and am just looking for help improving myself as a battler. I mainly do OU, but am also interested in starting NU. Hope I can start learning more!
  17. DragonFanatic1986

DragonFanatic1986

Hey everyone. DragonFanatic1986 here. As my name suggests, huge fan of Dragon types. My fave is the original dragon Dragonite. I've been playing the Pokemon games since Pokemon Yellow and I've been a huge fanatic since. I'm actually very good with the games. I currently play the Y-version and looking to build a good competitive team and I don't know where to start or look. I already know the mechanics of the game such as EV training and Natures and Characteristics and such, but it's the team building aspect of the game that I need help with. I'm hoping theres a few of you who could assist. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
  18. Brooklynguy1

Brooklynguy1

Hey everyone Brooklynguy1 here. Looking to put all that I have been learning to use and improve. After reading so much I decided to take the leap of faith joined the April Friendly and dive into the participation aspect of this site as well , talk about culture shock lol but making the best of it. All in all lookin forward to learning. And keep battleing and participating in the theorycrafting aspect of the site well I,m off to do my last 20 group good luck to all that's also in keep positive 1 win is all it takes to get started. Remember we all started this hobby from the begining and all started at 0-0 so don't give up !!! See you all in the forums ........Laters!
  19. Reign of Hail

Reign of Hail

Hey guys! I haven't played pokemon since heartgold/soulsilver, but recently got a 3ds and pokemon x so I'm here to stay. My favorite pokemon at the moment is Electivire and I tend to like pokemon like him and mixednape. I have a good knowledge of ivs and evs and the basics to compettive battling, but have difficultty making teams nad creating cores. Also how can I get a mentor?
  20. chiaravee

chiaravee

Hi, I'm chiaravee, but you can call me Chiara! I've been playing Pokemon for a long time, and I've played at least one game from each generation except for Gen V (still in the process of slowly playing through Pkmn Black). I'm currently playing Pokemon X and this is the first time I've actually cared about playing competitively since I've never gotten the chance to do it in previous generations. I'm not really a Dex Completionist, btw. I've got an OK foundation when it comes to the knowledge on IVs and EVs but I still have lots to learn. Currently building my competitive team. Looking forward to learning a lot from here!
  21. OmegaZero

OmegaZero

Hello, I'm OmegaZero, I hope to learn things about online and to get better at the game and hopefully to make a few new friends as well. So let's have a good time!
  22. NachoSquirtle

NachoSquirtle

Hi... ummm I'm new here and I'm just your friendly Squirtle w/ the desire to help out any way I can but I don't really know what I'm doing here... I hope I can meet an abundance of people as well as help those same people out... I'm sorry for intruding upon this forum so I'll withdraw for now
    Minus and Xylen like this.
  23. Worldpet

Worldpet

Hi, I'm Worldpet.
    I hang out in Wifi/Community Mentoring/Survivor/The Happy Place on Pokemon Showdown itself, and I'm a bit new to the forums, but not at all to the games, in fact, I have been playing since G/S so I guess you could say I know my stuff :pimp:
    Anyways, I love battling in Ubers, and love when people :mad: at my bulky Yveltal (inspired by DeathxShinigami, originally used in Ability Shift as it gets Defeatist over there, and I converted it to Ubers format.) or my Lugia, which is quite common actually.
    I also play a variety of other tiers on some other alts, but my main account is Worldpet. I also like 1v1, CC1v1, OU, UU, RU, Doubles, Random Doubles, CC (the sets are more hilarious than Randbats), OMs, OMoTMs, and more, but Ubers is my main game :)
    I also breed in-game, ranging from Pokeball breeding to Masudaing to flawless breeding. I'm probably most active in the Wi-Fi room, I like to trade there a lot!
    I also like other games such as Mario (Super Mario series and the MK series), Kirby, occasionally CoD (but I prefer Pokemon) and some others, I also like card games like Cardfight!! Vanguard.
    See you around!
    Darnell likes this.
  24. Whoopsie Daisy

Whoopsie Daisy

Hey there, it's a pleasure to meet you all!

I've been registered here for too long without a word, so I may as well finally introduce myself.
    To be honest, I haven't had a hand in the actual competitive scene itself for a long while now, but I've followed along with the metagame ever since Diamond and Pearl and I've been excited to see the options expand and shift over the years. I've been a heavy Pokémon player ever since the beginning, and I spend most of my free time idly team planning. My friends have even complimented me for my wealth of knowledge and quick pace in using it, but I'd consider those claims dubious.

So I've come here to shore myself up and try and make good results out of all the time I spend following along. I'm still not ready to battle competitively, yet. I've been hoping to take part of the mentorship program, and then make an entrance in the tournament scene. Perhaps even find myself a few suitable rivals to keep pace with, eh?

Y'all have fun, regardless!
  25. Vitamin Tse

Vitamin Tse

Hello! My name is Brandon, VitaminTse. I have recently, this generation, gotten into a but of competitive battling. I know how to bread and ev train, but the actual battling and team building process I have seemed to fall short. I'm looking to better myself as a battler. I do enjoy the OU tier but prefer to use pokemon I genrally love and splash a bit of OU to make them work. I feel as though that the smogon forums are a great place to start!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)