1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HOTSHOCK

HOTSHOCK

Hey guys! My name is HOTSHOCK (my real name's Nicholas). I actually had a previous account that was named Lambo209 but I didn't really post much on the actual forums. I decided to make this account because I wanted a fresh start on the forums (and I wanted my account to tie in with my YouTube channel). I am diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome and sometimes I have a harder time understanding something that others may catch on to easily, so I basically learn at a somewhat slower pace. I have been playing competitively for roughly a year and a half. I have decent knowledge of the OU and UU metagame (mostly thanks to watching other's YouTube videos), but I'm a little mediocre when it comes to teambuilding and prediction skills (although I am continuously improving the former). I don't like basing teams around super standard stuff (like Deoxys-S hyper offense), but I do usually try to give the central pokemon/core the best support I can provide. I think that I'll mostly be active on the RMT forums because I like giving suggestions and I think that it would help me improve my teambuilding skills. I am also an active reader of The Smog and once I grow better competitively, I might try to write up some articles for the webazine (or whatever online magazines are called).
  2. sunderkeenin

sunderkeenin

Hi there. I'm Sunderkeenin, and the name I use on Showdown is Kagnerac. I've been watching the OU room and messing around trying to figure out a good team, but decided that being able to converse on the forums would be helpful to my learning, so I created a forums account. I'm stuck around 1350-1450 at the moment, and play quite a bit around 4PM and later during the day CST. I only began competitive battling a couple weeks ago, but have been aware of Showdown for much longer. I also really enjoy using weirdly effective offensive teams with as little standard stuff as possible.

That's all you need to know, so I'll go. Have a nice day!
  3. Andonis7

Andonis7

Hello, I'm Andonis, i started Pokemon in gen 2 but only started doing competitive battles in gen 5, i am currently active on showdown and just started building a team on x( yes i know I'm late), i mainly play UU, but i am going to try out the OU and uber tiers, i joined this community to try and improve my team building.

I am looking forward to getting more involved in the community.
  4. 000xxx

000xxx

hey, I'm 000xxx, there's an ant on my iPad.

(notevenkidding)

-Hai! I'm 000xxx, and I've been lurking in this beautiful place for 4 years. I've decided to come out of my hole and join. I began my Pokémon journey with Diamond at a young age. I realize you might not care that much past that, so tl;dr: hi.
    -I started PS in November 2013, and am on it all the time. I frequent the Wi-Fi, OU, and sometimes the mafia room, but you see me everywhere. I love to chat with everyone, so say hi next time you see me <3
    -Uh, I play OU, to a slightly lesser extent VGC, and dabble in LC, Ubers, and soon UU, RU, some OMs, and everything else :D
    -Where you won't find me is irc, but I'm looking into it.
    -I am very familiar with many users here, so it's gonna be awkward for a while.
    -I look forward to meeting and speaking with every single one of you! (I'll lean towards X/Y discussion and RMT, but I'm sure I'll expand.)
    -If I'm ever being decidedly uncool, tell me D:
    -If you actually made it this far you are a kind soul.
    -I'm usually not like this, just a big fan of hellos/goodbyes.

Uh, hi. <3
    Darnell likes this.
  5. 000MobianAngel000

000MobianAngel000

I've done these kinds of forum introductions too many times now, so I'm going to keep it nice and short....

Hi, my legal name is Tyanna. I have been on Showdown since it was first open. I used to use Pokemon Online when it was the only thing available at the time. I hope to get some good trades in the future and also do some breeding services when I get around with registering up for it.

Also my favorite pokemon is Gengar.

To know more about me personally, go look on my profile information.
  6. godouall

godouall

SO Like I'm godouall (may also occasionally see me on the greatest named alt on Showdown "Obi1canblowme") I've been pretty active on showdown for a few months now, and have been trying to pick up the competitive scene. I would love to improve, i play some Ubers but have found a pretty nice home in the UU Community. I have been lurking about on the smogon forums for quite some time however, and figured i would go ahead and get involved with the community i'm enjoying so much :D If you ever want to catch me in showdown, chances are i'll be in the uu room hosting tourneys and getting knocked out instantly .-. ANYWAY I hope to get to know you guys and get invloved with this community as time goes on :D

Just as a small list for the sake of it, Here are some things i Love doing and would love to do:

- I Live on hosting tourney's For uu

- I love coming up with intresting ideas for sets and such

- I Enjoy battling, I just am not great at it, and would love to learn to get to a higher level of play

- I love doing things to contribute to the community (like giving people tourney's :D)

I'd drag the list on but i guess it would be pointless .-. to sum it all up, i'd love to add to the community, and would love to learn to play better, not just in UU but in general.
  7. StopEatingLava

StopEatingLava

I've played pokemon since PokemonBlue was new. Never knew there was a competitive side to it and I'm very interested. Also that create a pokemon section looks amazing. its very intimidating tho. I don't want to post something and then get my head ripped off for being new to things
  8. BriticalWit

BriticalWit

Hello Smogon, BriticalWit here!
    I have dabbled in Smogon things in the past, like Shoddy Battle, but I've never really taken it seriously. Actually, I am not taking it seriously now either; I consider myself a bit of a 'casual' pokemon fan who just played the games just for enjoyment. I actually haven't owned a Pokemon game since Pokemon White, but recently I have been dabbling in these older games. So I though, 'It be nice to have some random battles with other people...' and so I came back to this site! So yeah, I want to just battle for laughs, hopefully enjoy a warm, friendly community, and kick back in between the stress of my exams
    Yep exams :( Currently doing a buttload in my last year of regular high school (English high school) so i don't expect to be on here too much until they are finished. Studying comes first right?! Hopefully when they are over Ill be able to spend more time exploring what the community has to offer :)
    As for what you need to know about me, well... not much I guess. Im big on many other games as well, love to spend evenings playing stuff like Left 4 Dead, Civilization, Team Fortress 2, its just my favorite pastime i guess. I have a kind of rubbish health record so I dont do a lot of 'active' stuff, if you get me. So most my time is spent infront of a screen like the sad person I am... :)
    Anyways, Im just here to have a laugh, try my hand at some proper pokemon battles, see if I can be come any good, and hopefully meet and chat with some interesting, friendly people. After my exams Ill hopefully stick around more, but for now, Ill just be dropping in every now and then when in wind down time between exams.
    Hopefully see you guys on Showdown!
    Darnell likes this.
  9. starcrusher

starcrusher

what up people? i'm hans, aka starcrusher. i'm a 26 year old hip hop producer, vocalist and dj from california. i've been playing pokes since RBY came out (my first battles took place over link cables!).

i actually joined smogon years ago (want to say around 09?), since I had gotten back into the game (DPP era) with my gf at the time and wanted to understand competitive battling more. i was around during the very early formation of the NU tier, and actually moderated an independent forum that was dedicated to it. back in those days skuntank was legendary, and everything went down over shoddybattle.

anyway, i've done some lurking over the years but only recently started posting on the forums again. i started getting back into NU and RU as B/W was developing, but the introduction of this new gen has me really fired up to get back into the scene.

i'm looking to make connections with people, improve my game, and generally have a good time!

ps: if you're interested in checking out my music, you can find it here -> http://soundcloud.com/cstarcrusher
  10. Saambell

Saambell

Saambell here.I have played pokemon competetively on Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown since early gen 5, and recently started breeding for Wifi as well. I love the OU metagame and tend to focus on making slightly unconventional teams rather than following the meta 100%. I really dislike fully offensive teams, as i feel there is little strategy in destroying a pokemon in a single hit. Anyway, if someone is like me and loves trying origional things, i look foreward to getting your reply
  11. Suaver

Suaver

Hey, Suaver here ,started playing competititive in gen 6 but have been playing since RSE , favourite poke would definitely be garchomp used it in every game after d/p.
    i'm known as the same as suaver and am always on the tournament forum:) see you there
  12. Port Jumper.

Port Jumper.

My name everywhere is Port Jumper, I really only started playing competitive mons at the end of BW2 and even then only on occasion, what i really want is someone to learn from. I wanted to start fresh in XYOU and used showdown/OU forums to sort of learn things by myself, but i always find obstacles that stop me from getting better, learning by myself takes twice the time of learning from somebody else. I got myself up to the 1600's on ladder, but even then i hear experienced players say that the ladder is a joke. I am dedicated and willing to learn, i want to become an active member of this community and stick around for a while, any help from a mentor would be appreciated.

I recently just got back on ps and i lurk around the OU chat, i just want to get good at this game, because i enjoy it. Thx you to anyone who replies.
    Last edited: May 3, 2014
  13. Pridekitty

Pridekitty

Hello, all! I am Pridekitty. My favorite poke is Leafeon (MINTY SHALL RISE AGAIN!). I want to start competitive battling, but it's difficult. (Stupid IVs and EVs and breeding!) So... that's it... um... bye?
  14. Scizor4u

Scizor4u

Hi! I am Mike Kenneth Ainsley Vergara (yea long name) from the Philippines! This is my first post and I hope that someday I will make an impact here. Usually I reside at Pokemon Showdown but I want to participate here to improve my knowledge of Pokemon battling. I hope we can be close friends someday!
  15. berad1cal MI

berad1cal MI

Hello all,
    My name is Brad and I'm from Plymouth Michigan. Have played Pokemon on and off since Red back in the day. On and off would be putting it lightly, I suppose.
    Anyways, I work full time and love the fact my 3DS can go wherever with me. Really starting to get into battling would love to get serious with it after some serious feet wetting.

Glad a resource like this exists. 27 years old, married, and pokemon player!
  16. XINTERP_DG

XINTERP_DG

Hey everyone. I'm XINTERP_DG.

Lately I've seen a lot of things in random passerby battles. Some good and healthy, some bad and downright awful.
    Getting stomped by a full 100% shiny team even when you're exploiting weaknesses, predicting switches, and using advanced tactics isn't always enough to get by. And that's where I'd like to step in.

I've been breeding competitive pokes for my close IRL friends and a few people on Showdown for a while, and I figured it would be a good time to put my foot into Smogon. I know a lot of people don't have access to B/W/B2/W2. So for those people (like me) who can't use some of the huge advantages that are out there, we have to do it a different way. Breeding. And that's what I'm here to help people with.

Breeding a 6IV poke takes some work. Not to mention theory. And here is how I'll break it down for you.
    • Breeding a 6IV Offspring from a 5IV/6IV set of Parents provides an ingame yield of 1/722 chance. (Includes correct nature breeding without 2 correct nature parents (ex: Timid Mother + Adamant Father > Wanting Modest Offspring))
    • Breeding your nature that you want from a nature neither of the bred pokemon have is a yield of 1/25 chance.
    • Breeding out a 5IV Pokemon on average takes roughly 20 minutes. (When done correctly)

Lots of math goes into a game. When done correctly, those big intimidating numbers plummet. And that's what I aim to do for people who don't have access to other versions of the game as well as a secondary 3DS.
    EyeDentist likes this.
  17. Cinder.

Cinder.

Hi there :3
    I'm a new user (duh) and I've joined the Smogon Community because I want to improve my battling skills ^^
    I'm interested in theorymon stuff, as well
    Sooo, as you can see, I'm really looking forward to getting involved in the community shah :)

*insert funny comment here, to look nice*
    XINTERP_DG likes this.
  18. NickingAde

NickingAde

Hello, I am NickingAde, but I go by Nick or Ade. I've been interested in competitive Pokémon for a while, but I haven't gotten the chance to try it. A good friend of mine got me into Showdown, and I loved it. I hope to see you all around.

- Ade
  19. Scatman Jablonski

Scatman Jablonski

Hello, I'm Scatman Jablonski and I'm interested in competitive Pokemon- specifically gen 6 OU. I've been playing casually since pretty much day 1 in '98 and have played a bit of Gen 3 competitively, but not much more until gen 6. I play on both Showdown and Wi-fi over 3DS.
  20. FookMi?

FookMi?

Hey there, I'm FookMi? I started Pokémon two years ago, the first Pokémon game that I've played was Platinum.
    My favourite Pokémon are Gothitelle and Chandelure, yeah call me a Shadow Tag freak, I don't mind. :]
    I'm hoping to do something within the lines of Mentoring or QC on Smogon, I'm a pretty decent player imo.
    I started Showdown in 2012, as a Fook... I used to ladder a lot!
    In the B/W days I got to about 1700+ in OU, and the rest of the tiers are quite close to that, I even beat some of the people that are top on the ladder.
    p.s:I love Animé. :]
    Tl;Dr:I would love to be a Mentor but I still have many ways to go.
    <----So lazy that someone told me to post on Smogon and help the community, I shall try I guess. <3
    Darnell and Xylen like this.
  21. LauraFairy

LauraFairy

Hi I'm not very good introducing me but ill try it xD
    My name is Cheng im chinese but i study in Spain. I started to play pokemon in 2010 but its the first time that play simulator like showdown so yes im noob xD I would learn a lot in this community and also help you in what I can :)
  22. Shunsetsuzan

Shunsetsuzan

Well I just realised that I've been on here for nearly 2 years and not actually posted once! I suppose it's time to rectify that.

Firstly the name's Shunsetsuzan, I was very active on Showdown for a while then got diverted by other things (mainly real life, buying a house and stuff kinda takes it out of you) and am now slowly creeping my way back in activity-wise. With regards to Pokémon, I've played it since Blue on release date, but I've only really got into it competitively in late Generation 4. In terms of tiers I'm pretty much game for anything, although I prefer (and would like to say I'm better in) Ubers, Little Cup and Rarelyused!

I will be honest, I'm kinda scared coming to somewhere as large as here, however I've finally been spurred to come on for two reason: promote a new meta and post an RMT of mine (scariest part here, I'm afraid I'll get eaten alive!). However I guess we can make some friends along the way, right? :)
  23. AngeloDNick

AngeloDNick

Hello! It's my first post ^-^, i'm Brazilian (No stereotypes with my age or country, please) and i have 13 to 14 years, my first contact to Smogon Community was in 2011 (aged 11), I did not understand much, but with the help of some friends, I entered in the competitive, some time after, i entered the Showdown, only just now I decided to create an account on Smogon Forums, I hope to bring contributions to the community, with moveset ideas and develop my skills in the game. Ah my favorite pokemon is Jirachi!

Sorry for my English, I still not have the knowledge of english language. Thanks for everything, anyway, would you like to contact me? =D
  24. thattallguy

thattallguy

Hello! I end up looking at/playing Pokemon when I get bored or stressed, or really just want to play. I'm pretty new to competitive play, since I didn't get super into breeding until XY, now that it's way easier to breed your IVs. I've looked at smogon movesets for a while, and now I'm actually making an account that I'll hopefully use to give my own opinions/questions, etc.

I'd like to try and get involved in moveset discussions and team ratings, etc, to see if some stuff I've thought of is actually viable to other people, and to bounce ideas around.

Edit: Just editing some of my own grammar.
  25. gamakichi1220

gamakichi1220

Hey everyone. My names gamakichi1220 and I'm pretty new to the forums. I actually started playing competitive pokemon back in gen 5 so I'm kinda late in the game (lol). I play on showdown every once in a while and I play on the actual console for x and y competitively. I am a very analytical person when it comes to the ou metagame. I'm really just looking for other minds and professionals of this game to converse ideas about the meta and how to tackle it effectively. I'm highly interested in the mentoring program. Or just bouncing ideas off on a true professional of this game.

Dueces
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)