1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodedGryph

CodedGryph

I cant believe I got here so late. Hello, I am sort of new here. Sort of because I have been reading the forums for a long while (about 3 months). The biggest reason I joined the Smogon Community is Pokemon Showdown. My account over there is CodedGryph what a coincidence. To be honest, I disliked Smogon as a whole until last year. But then, I changed my mind. I started playing 'competitive' in Gen 5. I still prefer its mechanics over Gen 6. I usually play OU, but a lot of my favorite pokemons are in UU. I'm looking forward to integrate myself into this fun community of pokefans. <33333
    Darnell likes this.
  2. MosesofWar

MosesofWar

Hi! This is my first post. Pokemon player since Red & Blue... Just got my hands on XY and I'm learning the game. I'd never heard of SMOGON until a couple of months ago and I've been lurking for a while now. I decided to join up after palying a couple of games on the Battle Simulator... Can't wait to be a productive part of the community!!!
  3. PaulMcWafflez

PaulMcWafflez

Hello inhabitants of the internet,

My name, as you can see is Paul or you can call me "PaulMcWafflez" Or "Oni" (My user names for stuff). I'm sorta new here so any tips or help is greatly appreciated. I have been playing Pokemon ever since I was little and have played most of the Pokemon games. As for playing Pokemon, I am on Pokemon Showdown (as PaulMcWafflez) as well as the 3DS or game boy for the older games. I do not really play in a particular tier, I just mix it up and have fun! Here, on Smogon, I hope to better hone my battling skills, get involved in the community, and get to meet some people here. I guess that is it, thanks for reading!

See ya around!
    3DS Friend Code :: 2380-4575-9055 (In game name = "Oni")
  4. d.c.Venom

d.c.Venom

Hey there. I'm looking to get into competitive/more serious pokemon battles. No idea where to start. I'm 21 and am into most things comics/video games/movies.
  5. Sharai

Sharai

Hello Everyone, I'm Sharai on pokeshowdown, I just wanted to say hey to everyone that I can. My hopes for joining this site is to get better in competitive battling, I've haven't really played since the early years of pokemon emerald so I'm just adjusting to the newer types. I'm okay with doing anything involved with pokemon, I'll try any tier or any tips or suggestion would be more than enough to help me. :D
  6. Pearse Mc Grath

Pearse Mc Grath

Hi im entirely new to whole online game and to smogon itself and would greatly appreciate any tips or advice :)
  7. iohan

iohan

Hello, I'm Iohanan. I was introduced to smogon a few years ago. I mostly play smogon doubles and vgc, and I think that I may be a tid bit too honest about my opinion. I think that I'm very open to change, and I like new stuff. Bye.
  8. AstroApple

AstroApple

Hi i'm AstroApple and i'm new to competitive pokemon but i have some experience from watching alot of pokemon showdown on youtube. I only do pokemon showdown and my favorite tier is RU. I came here to get some advice from some more advanced players so i can become better at competitive pokemon.
  9. PKMN254

PKMN254

Hi I'm PKMN254 or YourBoss on PS! I made this account long ago but just started using it after the PS! Forums was taken down. I joined PS! right after B2W2 was released and is pretty active on there too, especially lobby and Scavengers! I am an average player on OU and played a ton of random battles. I want to get involved in the Pokemon Showdown section and make new friends here too!
    Alter likes this.
  10. Lukaz2009

Lukaz2009

Greetings, I'm a total newbie to competitive battling, but have played on PS for a little over a year or so just messing with the Random Battle option, and I want to get into more structured battling. I took the first step in how I thought would be a fun way to getting used to competitive battling by making my own Mono-type Ghost team on PS. I'm play testing it right now, so it should be in the RMT area in a few hours.
  11. mariokartwarrior

mariokartwarrior Banned deucer.

hey you guys might have seen me in the chat on pokemon showdown!!!!! my name is mariokartwarrior on there and i am most known for encouraging kids not to end their lives depression is really bad and ive been there! just know it gets better im here if you wanna talk !!! :)))))))))))))))))))

#itgetsbetter
    Danceparce likes this.
  12. PoneyLoverXz

PoneyLoverXz

Hey guys this is PoneyLoverXz, the competitive scene of Pokémon has interested me for quite a while but never got into it. I've been watching BlameTruth on Youtube and he's the one that encouraged me to try it! I'm having quite a lot of fun building teams and trying them out, but I'm still trying to find some more help. The highest I have gotten on the ladder right now is around 1350 and I'm trying to get better :) I hope to get better and get involved in this wonderful community that seems to be Smogon University!
  13. brightobject

brightobject Formerly hiddenpowerice

Hey, exactly my 20th 'message,' I've been drawn into Smogon after watching Youtubers and some people on deviantart, I'd really like to get involved with the Art and lower-tire communities like RU/NU/UU.

Main goal is just to get that Art Badge someday :) but NU/RU are very fun, although I'm still a pretty big noob~
  14. nixooon

nixooon

hey im nixon and i use terrible teams. parafusion murkrow ftw

also i play smash bros and street fighter competitively so im looking for something a bit more slow paced for right now. pokemon is perfect for focusing on my mindgames.
  15. FearRattata

FearRattata

I got into Smogon from Pokémon Showdown. My username is Chauque, and I usually only play OMs or mess around in OU and below.
  16. Jaz

Jaz

Hey, I've just got into competitive battling and I know nothing. So would like to learn. Anything at all please. Just want to be able to battle and wine for once!
  17. EmilyBay

EmilyBay

Hey I have been part of the Pokemon Showdown community for almost a year I am quite capable of competitve because of it if you need anything or have any questions send me a pm!
  18. largo233

largo233

Finally posting on this darn thing after...over a year now? Anyway, where to begin? You can call me Largo or Henry, as you prefer. I've been playing since the TCG was first introduced in the States: I received the starter decks when I was out of school for tonsil surgery. Nowadays, however, I play the video games, been playing those since Yellow. My favorite generation is Gen II (go Lugia!) and I am a huge fan of the Steel type. Feel free to contact me.
  19. Garf

Garf

Hi guys. I'm garf, I literally just found out about smogon a few days ago and just recently started competitive battling. In games past I played for pokedex but with fairy to balance things out I wanted to give battling a go. I'm very new to this and all I really know about is natures so any and all help is appreciated. I'm really glad to be part of this community, I've looked around and seen how helpful and nice people are.
  20. yoshisword

yoshisword

Hey everyone! I'm yoshisword. I'm here for a class and have been studying the site a bit. I have been into pokemon for my whole life and have joined this team to do something interesting. I've always been interesed in competitive pokemon and I think this is also a great opportunity to understand this world. I hope you all can help us out and teach us about pokemon while we're here! Thanks.
  21. Der Twist

Der Twist

Greetings. I've got about 4 posts and the only thread I've made has been locked so I guess you could say I'm quite the veteran around here.
    But in all seriousness, I've been looking into competitive Pokemon battles for a few years now but since I never had Pokegen or anything to hack acceptable Pokemon I ran out of time trying to breed statistically sub-par teams till X/Y made it a lot easier. Since I'm pretty sure I'll have at least one team down this generation I thought I might as well join and learn from people much better than me. My apologies if I say something stupid, I tend to do that a lot. Thanks for any help I get here. :)
  22. EBPokeNerd199X

EBPokeNerd199X

Hi! My name is EBPokeNerd199X! (Not my real name, I hope you can guess) I'm a huge fan of both the EarthBound series, as well as the Pokemon series. I really want to get into Competitive Battling lately, but I have NO idea how to make a team. I thought that coming here I could learn about the art of Competitive, and could someday get really good at it. I've always loved Pokemon ever since I got my first game- LeafGreen- when I was 5 years old. I've only got 8 years under my belt, but I've stuffed so much Pokemon knowledge in my head since then, I think I could get the hang of Competitive. I'm open to any advice anyone would like to offer, and I'm really looking forward to being part of this community!
  23. sdnii

sdnii

Hey everyone!

I've known about Smogon for years. I've always wanted to get involved, but was entirely too intimidated. I hope to finally change this.

I'm interested mainly in the competitive scene, probably OU. I have a very, very basic knowledge of the terms utilized around here (wall, sweeper, etc.) but not the slightest idea about how to go about starting to build a team. I'm interested in battling both on Smogon and in-game, and learning through a mentor and/or Battling 101.

The CAP project intrigues me. I believe that Pokémon has been the single thing in my life that has shaped me the most. My dreams at night, my waking creative fantasies, are always somehow linked to the idea of monsters, and a bold new world wherein they are discovered. It was always my dream as a kid to create new Pokémon. This competitive-focused method of doing so is quite appealing to me. I only wish I could draw!

I'm 20 and have a lot of grand ambitions - the scope of which depress me - but nothing, nothing in my life has ever given me such consistent, simple, absolute joy as anything that has to do with Pokémon. I suppose there's a part of me that idly (yet desperately) yearns for a way to make Pokémon into something I spend most of my life doing. Eventually I would love to have a broader role in the community, either using my eventual competitive knowledge or my artistic skills (primarily written or musical) in the Studio.

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to digging into what this community has to offer.
    Sapphire. likes this.
  24. XNtr1K_Gl1tcH

XNtr1K_Gl1tcH

Hi there, my names XNtr1K. I'm new to this site, but not to Pokemon. I've been told that this is the site to end all sites when it comes to competitive Pokemon, so I came here myself to check out all the hype. Needless to say I haven't been disappointed. The plethora of information and strategy is quite impressive to say the least. I've been playing Pokemon since the original R/B, and have played every game since, which is about 15 years now. I grew up with the games, and they've never lost there appeal and charm, even after all these years. The reason I'm here though is because I've never really gotten into being competitive Pokemon, I was more the catch em all/do everything there is to do kinda guy. But now that several of my friends have gotten back into Pokemon and my siblings are old enough to actually enjoy/challenge me at the game, it's time to stop collecting, and start competing. Plus I figure it's been 15 years, what better time to start then now?? So here's to a fresh take on an old favorite, for a self professed lifetime pokemaniac!!!!
  25. Naoto

Naoto

Hey all, I used to be really in to competitive pokemon, but I haven't been able to play in awhile.

I've been lurking on Smogon looking at movesets and tier lists forever, so I'm not a complete newbie when it comes to certain terms.

I've been into pokemon since gen 3, and I'm also an avid Anime/Mamga fan. My favorite series being the Manga version of Rosario+Vampire, Angel Beats, Akuma No Riddle, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Black Butler.

Hopefully we all can be great friends.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)