Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Awesomeazam

Awesomeazam

Im Azam and I play VGC competitions. I play on Pokemon Showdown and my name is Azam81. I play VGC doubles and have been going to leagues and national tournaments.
  2. Kingofthezubats77

Kingofthezubats77

I have been on here for a couple days, but I have been lurking, trying to understand EV's and IV's and have recently succeeded. I live in the USA, and like mlp and doctor who. I am currently testing out my LC team on Pokemon Showdown!, and am mostly just an ingame player. My name is Malek, Don't try to pronounce it.
  3. Glacier

Glacier

Hi, I am Glacier.

How? I was lead to smogon from PS by some friends. This is definetly an excellent place to share and talk about competitive pokemon

Where in Smogon to be involved? I am interested in C&C and I wil help make new analysis for the site!

When? I knew this site for a week, explored, now I made an account.

Well, this is my basic info. Thanks, I hope to have a good experience in these forums!
  4. pumpkinhead

pumpkinhead

Hey everybody, I'm pumpkinhead!
    I've only ever played in-game, but I've been fascinated with competitive battling lately. I've known about smogon for about a year, but I haven't tried to get involved until now because I was too intimidated. I doubt anybody reads this thread, but I thought this would be a good place to start since I've never been good at diving right into things. I understand EV's, IV's, and natures to some degree, but the finer details of building a good team elude me. I would love to take part in the battling 101 tutoring program at some point, if possible. I still don't know how I can contribute to the community, but in the mean time I'll be trying to nail down the basics in showdown. Look for me if you want an easy battle :p
  5. Lulzington

Lulzington

'Sup
    I've lurked for several years, was a pretty active competitive battler in gen. 4 and have recently returned.
    I made this account to report a bug on Pokemon Showdown, and in hindsight thought it was a bit excessive to make an account purely to complain and then never post again. So now I'm not.
    Name's also Lulzington on Showdown.
  6. zSparkyz

zSparkyz

NEW TO THIS!

Hello im new to this site and the whole competitive pokemon play. I find it interesting and would like to start, although im confused as to how to go about it :S I.E: no idea how to get the pokemon or the IV/EV calculations. So any info on that would be great

Thank you
  7. eggabubu8e

eggabubu8e

Hello everyone I'm eggabubu8e!

When I was 7 years old I bought my first copy of Pokemon Pearl. Ever sinse then I have played through nearly every game with the word Pokemon in it. A couple years ago I got a concussion and had a 30% chance of not waking up. For the next 3 years I was on bed-rest not allowed to do anything but read and sleep. One day a old friend of mine came by and told me about competitive battling. I hopped on Pokemon showdown and never left sinse. If you ever see me on I am open to challenges in LC and Bal.Hack. Looking forward to seeing someone on there!
  8. ethanciavo

ethanciavo

Hello, my name is ethanciavo, and I have been playing pokemon since the days of DPP, although I have played some emerald. I eventually lost intrest and have recently gotten back into pokemon. I love battling and am excited to start competitive battles.
    I am interested in CAP and inventing new moves to make competitive battling much more fun.
    I have good knowledge in EVs and IVs but not very good at the competitive strategy. (Seriously, I've never even heard of stealth rock until I started looking around here.)
    I would love to do my part in improving battling. But I also want to improve the community (Not that it needs much improvement, from what I see.)
  9. Issues

Issues

Greetings Smogon!

My username is Issues, Rex in reality. I have lurked on Smogon for about two months before making my account. The competitive scene has caught my attention so here I am. I've picked up rather quickly, so I'd like to get involved in the OU forum, Team rating, and C&C.
  10. LanMan119

LanMan119

I'm Parsons. Not really sure how this thread works, but I only got involved on Smogon because of this thread. I really like the idea because the site is extremely intimidating and I play OU and I'm pretty into the RMT thread. The site seems rally cool if you get involved though.
  11. TeamEmpoleon

TeamEmpoleon

Hi <3
    People probably will recognize me when I say I am Meloetta<3/Meloetta<3V.
    I play in all tiers, but most of the time I play OU. But I suck. so stfu :c
    I`d like to get tips and tricks on Pokémon Competitive Battling

yeah
    kbai <3
  12. Suckingmoreducks

Suckingmoreducks

Hello my name is Suckingmoreducks (aka hoers on Pokemon showdown) and i honestly think Charizard sucks.
  13. Xeri0n

Xeri0n

Hello everyone.

My nickname here is Xeri0n and I am 24 years old, living in the Netherlands. I am curious about the way you guys battle as I can see you kinda made a profession out of this (which I think is a cool thing). Been playing Pokemon since the first gen (and I'd like to think I am an absolute master at the first 2 gens released) and playing Soulsilver atm. I didn't have the money/time to buy the 5th gen poke games but still up for a battle in OU 4th gen. Perhaps I'd better wait for the 6th gen to come out but I missed a lot of the changed mechanics (cathing in on the 4th gen now). You might see me around if there are enough battlers still doing some 4th gen battling.
  14. FurryFurret

FurryFurret

Hello everyone, my nickname here is FurryFurret (because for some odd reason furret is my fav pokemon) and i've been playing since saphire. I'm interested in competitive battles, but i think i lack the knowledge(and courage) to do them, so any help would be greatly appreciated :D
  15. Damej

Damej

Hello Smogonites!
    My name is Stevie-Ray, like everyone else involved with this wonderful site, I've had a love for Pokemon since 1996. I've always been competitive with everything I've done; so I took a liking to Smogon and everything it has going on instantaneously. I've done a lot of reading and research on this site in the past two years and finally decided to get involved. I've been hooked to PS for the past week or two and have managed to make my way to the top 50 in the OU bracket as "Damej". (All thanks to the contributors of C&C that make such awesome movesets and EV builds. You guys know your stuff!) I've come to respect Smogon University and refer to it more than 10 times a day. It's my PokeBible and forever will be, amen. Haha.

I've always got my handheld on me and have grown to understand how to chain breed for moves, IVs, EV train, all that good stuff. I aspire to make my way to a VGC someday soon, but feel I still have a lot to learn.. Like always. I'd like to get involved with Wi-Fi competitors and those who work hard on their cartridges to obtain the most legitimate and outstanding Pokemon that aim to win games.

All that set aside, I'm a 22 year old fool from Texas. I've won a handful of local SuperSmash Melee tournaments when the game was new. I've played countless shows in a videogame inspired metal band that toured my state for a good 6 years. Now I work at a Starbucks and do nothing but eat, drink, and dream Pokemon.

This is my first forum post in the history of the internet so I got pretty wordy and carried away. Nice to be a part of the community! :D
  16. Mochi

Mochi

Hi!! I’m Mochi, and my real name is Daisy! I’m currently living in New York City, I majored in artsy stuff so I also enjoy doodling pokemon. I started playing pokemon back in the days... not sure how old I was. But I had the blue version and my starter was squirtle :D

I’ve recently picked up White 2 and learned about the competitive side of pokemon(at pax east). So I’ve been doing lots of IV and EV calculations, along with breeding. I’m starting to build a team and I’ve bred a jellicent so far. I’ve been planning out my team but I’m getting a bit confused and indecisive about what pokemon to put on my team.

I’m probably not too set into the tiers, as I plan to do most battles casually or just for battle subway. It would be great if someone could help me out with team building, along with any extra pokemon they might be willing to trade(since I only have White 2). Also any advice or just someone I could occasionally ask some questions to would be greatly appreciated!!!

Also in my spare time I’ve also started to cosplay as various pokemon trainers :D
  17. SoraSakata

SoraSakata

Yo, name's Sora. I've been playing pokemon since I was 6 years old, never really though of competitive battling till now, My favorite pokemon is Blaziken, and I'd like to become a better pokemon battler, as well as a decent breeder.
  18. EsotericAeon

EsotericAeon

Hey!! I'm EsotericAeon, you could probably just shorten it to "(A)Eon". I've played Pokemon since Red/Blue came out and have always loved playing it since then. I've only recently started playing competitive playing (hardly more than a year). I've lurked on here only a little bit but hope change all of that and do all that I can to help others along with bettering myself. My favorite Pokemon is Ninetales, although Latios is a close second. I enjoy breeding and battling via the games although I'm willing to work on the metagames through Showdown!
    I guess I could also mention that I did have another account here before bet I felt like I wasn't ready to get involved, along with feeling intimidated, but all of that will change under this name.
  19. MetaknightXYZ

MetaknightXYZ

Hello, my real name is Nathaniel, though my friends call me Din (loool idk why but its grown on me :p) i'm new to the smogon forums, though some may have encountered me in the wifi battle finder. I enjoy doing commentary wifi battles after investing some money in a flash-cart. I have been playing pokemon for a long time, and i'll look forward to contributing a lot to smogon in the future. I am not the boaster, but i do know a lot about team building, strategizing, testing etc..i spent many hours in my life time doing that while my friends were playin cod. Seems like a waste to many, but i hope that this might help me get engaged in smogon- once i get an opporunity. My youtube channel is www.youtube.com/metaknightxyz plz subscribe and comment on my channel if you would like to battle :)
    I prefer LOVE to help others with pkm stuff llike advice and what not, so meh, idk i'll see what i can do here. By what i stated above, i kinda seem like a pokemon freak lol, but i do like casual stuff like makin and listening to. Music (dubstep,pop,reggae), laser tag, sports etc but that doesnt have much relevancy to smogon so i'll keep my posts pokemon related, though feel free to ask my questions on my profile page :D
    Thanks for reading :) and i hope to talk to you in the near future.
    -Meta
  20. spammer

spammer

Hey guyzzz :D

The name's CraZy ShinX (CS is fine, or just call me Wyatt.) I'm 15 and I have played Pokemon since I was in Kindergarten. My favorite part about Pokemon is battling. However, I lack something important: the feeling of competition. Seriously, I keep ending up complimenting the other user while getting my team killed. I felt coming here would help me be more competitive. I intend to sign up as an apprentice in the Battling101 thingy. I really hope to accomplish my goals here at Smogon. Check it out:

1. Be more Competitive.
    2. Build the perfect dream team to fit my personality.
    3. Finally try to win some Wifi battles for once in my life.

I hope to see you all on the forums. :D
    -CraZy ShinX (Wyatt)
  21. littleraven

littleraven

hello everyone

My names Brandon, I used to be very big into Pokemon during first gen, unfortunately I fell off from there. Just recently I started watching the wifi battles on YouTube and found it very interesting. From there I purchased a 3ds and Pokemon black version. It was slightly challenging since I knew nothing but first gen Pokemon, but I did manage to beat the in game content. I would like to start wifi battling but I really have no idea where to start I've been reading and researching some of the articles on this sight and it seems like it would be my most reliable source. So any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Brandon
  22. Danza de la Lluvia

Danza de la Lluvia

Hey, I'm sabre as the name implies, I've done a lot on ps as rain dance and I'm a dedicated ru player (I'm good at ou and ubers as well) I would like to get involved and learn book smarts and regular experience. I would like to be respectful while expressing my opinions. I'm a little late applying but any help would be awesome. Thanks. Btw my favorite pokemon are durant and gallade (ru!)
  23. Elite 4 John

Elite 4 John

Hi,my fellow battlers,my name is John and I have played Pokemon since i was 7,Im very active in Pokemon Showdown,I go on everyday.

My favorite tiers are OU,UU and Ubers,and im very good,if not excellent in those.

My favorite Poke is Milotic.Cuz its the prettiest poke ive seen so.

I hope I could be a mentor cause'I like helping people in their strategies

I got into competitive play 2 years ago.So Im a bit of a veteran.

So,I hope I cud be a mentor.My friends think I should be one cuz they think im very good.

So guess thats it.So take care.Peace!!!

Ps.My name is GymL♣ader Johnny in Pokemon Showdown
  24. Tekvor

Tekvor

Hey guys! Name's Tekvor!

Rain teams my game.

I love porygon.

I am friendly.

I am strongest with my politoed.

My WiFi is down :(

I hope to become popular.
  25. Meleotta3

Meleotta3

Hello people,this is my 2nd post on PS and have been playing it for 2 years before joining this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)