1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introduce Yourself! ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD

Discussion in 'Mentorship Program' started by Birkal, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comeau

Comeau

Hi there! New guy joining the forums. I hang around Showdown a lot with the same username I have here. Don't be afraid to challenge me, though I'm a bit inexperienced. I want to mostly get into both competitive battling and creating Hackmons. I like Homestuck, The Beatles, and generally a whole lot of stuff. See you around!

PS: I've been playing Pokemon for about 2-3 years now.
  2. yorba

yorba

Introduce myself

Hey ! I don't know if i really have to do that or if nobody does but whatever ^^
    I'm new here, i'm from France, so i don't understand everything very well !
    I played on almost every pokemon generation (the fourth excepted)
    I have began to play online for 6month. And I create pokemon sprite on paint by merging the original sprite (i don't know if this sentence is correct at all....)

so hello everyone
  3. jeb4

jeb4

hi

wat do i do here?
  4. Gomia103

Gomia103

Hi, I'm new to Smogon, this being my first reply, and I hope that I can get better at competitive battling. I liked battling in showdown after seeing two Youtubers battle non-competitively using the program. I would love to try OU and possibly NU. The only partially successful team I created was a double-battle team. Hopefully someone can help me learn to be a better battler. Thank you.
  5. Nibelilt

Nibelilt

Hello! My (user)name is Nibelilt, and I joined these forums because I hope to learn competitive battling. I've never done it before. Only ingame. But I got tired of the actual battles in it and I'm sure that the strategy in competitive battling will help reinvigorate my love for Pokémon... Not that I lost it, it just felt silly buying games after the amazing SoulSilver. Hopefully I can actually allocate time for this.

Even though my profile says that my favourite Pokémon is Kabutops, it's actually a 3-way tie between it, Shedinja, and Smeargle. I generally end up liking the Pokémon that don't actually have big fan bases. My favourite Gen is IV, which has SoulSilver and Platinum, my two favourites. I actually recently started another SoulSilver save and I intend to play through Platinum again this year as well, let's hope the other series don't kill me! :P

Other stuff, I guess... I like mainly Nintendo games, although I play others too, I just generally don't have time. And I really, really love Wreck-It Ralph more than I can ever express. I'm also beginning to learn art more seriously this year since I enjoy it but am an utter ameture, ANATOMY IS HARD

I also have accounts with the same username on Disney Infinity Fans, Nintendo Life, Backloggery, deviantART. I'm making a PS account as I type actually.
  6. PCilly

PCilly

Hey I'm Paul and I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1. I had a fall out with the game during Gen 4. Now i'm back in the series with White 2, which is an awesome game. My favorite in the series is crystal and heart gold. Umbreon is my far and away my favorite. Most of my teams revolve around umbreon. I joined this site to learn more about and become better at competitive battling. I'm new to metagame so I kinda suck, but i've recently been playing NU and UU tiers. One day I will get better and commence world domination.
    -PCilly
  7. Lawrence of Arabia

Lawrence of Arabia

Hiya I'm Lawrence. Never really been a person for posting, as you might have noticed by my nonexistant post count lol. I've spent ages in the lurking department, but I feel as if I could jump out there more. On PS I am LawrenceMan, and I usually do OU and NU with friends but not much competitively becuase I'm not too good at teambuilding.
    One day I'll branch out and get more into competativeness, but for now, here I am.
  8. Keba

Keba

Hallo Peeps! Name is James. I've been a huge pokemon fan for ages (i grew up with it... So obviously).

I'm just now getting into competative battling and finding out that i suck. I love more specific pokemon than i do types. Dragon would have to be my all time favorite type though.

I've not lurked very long. Although i've used smogens pokemon info. Great place guys and i'm looking forwards to having a good time! I transfer everything up from different versions. So i'll only have 1 friend code at time. Feel free to PM or chat with me anytime. I'm always up for finding some new friends =)

Cheers, mates.
  9. bruinsgirl33

bruinsgirl33

Hey fellow Pokemon lovers! My name's bruinsgirl33. I've been playing the games since I was five years old. Gold was my first-ever Pokemon game and I have been hooked ever since. Been doing off and on competitive battling for the past few years and recently took part in this weekend's April International Challenge. I use Smogon's info a lot when choosing competitive battling teams but do tweak it whenever necessary.

Did pretty well in that, having split or close to split my battles, but am currently trying to start a Trick Room team. Looking for new Trainers to add to my Friend List in Black 2 as well. Send me a PM if you want :-D
  10. Magical Magmortar

Magical Magmortar

Hi guys! I'm Magical Magmortar!
    I'm a pretty good battler on Showdown and I play RU and UU.
    You'll see me more on Smogon!
  11. ElegantLilligant

ElegantLilligant

Erm, hello. I'm ElegantLilligant. I only got into Pokemon in August of last year, and into competitive battling in December.

I consider myself decent, but I'm rather noobish.
  12. kawakami252

kawakami252

Hi my name is JakeNewmon, been playing Pokemon since Gen 1 but had a bit of a lapse in play after FR and LG, when I went off to college. Now I'm done with college and getting back into Pokemon and hoping to learn a thing or two about competitive battling. I have played around on Showdown a little, with this same username, but I tend to not know how to build that great of teams or else don't know how to properly use my teams. Anyways it's nice to meet you all and feel free to hit me up for a battle anytime.
  13. altodo

altodo

hi

hello everyone my username is altodo but my name is Alex. I have never really done any competitive battling, but i hope to eventually become boss at it. My favorite pokemon is tyranitar. i have been playing pokemon my whole life and i want to get better aat it. I would love to have a tutor that can really help me out with team building and battling. i play plenty of pokemon showdown (when i can) and my username is altodo.
  14. Zapak441

Zapak441

1st Post Ever

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to begin by saying I'm a huge fan of the site. I play competitively on Pokemon Online but am hoping to get more involved in the community. I LOVE theorizing over Pokemon teams and would love to meet players to do it with.

I am a total noob when it comes to computers, and I am not at all sure how Smogon members battle between themselves. I read that it is on the IRC but how does this work? Do I make my team on some IRC teambuilder, or do I export it? Or is it only for chat and battles take place somewhere else? Sorry, this lack of knowledge is sad. :(

Secondly, I have a BW sandstorm team which I would like to get rated. In which thread do I post it?

While I'm not too bad at battling (if I may so myself) I'm quite rusty and the metagame has gotten seriously complicated. It would be awesome if I could sign up for the mentoring program, or just chat with the mentors and ask questions. (I tried on Mibbit but got no replies)

Finally, I would like to reiterate that I am a HUUUGE fan of this site.

To the writers/admins/contributors:

I've been reading the analyses, articles, and threads for a few years now and this is where I come whenever I'm building a team, or when I'm on a nostalgia trip or when the rest of the internet just doesn't entertain me (which happens quite a lot). I think you guys are amazing. Would love to be able to get involved.

Thank for hearing me out. :)

Cheers!

Zapak(441)
  15. nose

nose

Hola! I'm Loliphant. I have the same name on PS. I've been into competitive battling for about 4 years now, but just now took the initiative to sign up for Smogon and get really involved with the community. I like OU and little cup, but I'm mostly interested in creative strategies in OU, like F.E.A.R. So anyway, I'm excited to hang around with the community and stuff. Thanks!
  16. The Mad Man With a Box

The Mad Man With a Box

Hi there!

I'm The Mad Man With A Box, and as you could probably imagine, I love Doctor Who and - obviously - Pokémon. :D

I'm 23 years old, I'm Italian and I'm a student in Computer Science. I've been lurking Smogon for ages, but I never really took up competitive battling. So, here I am, willing to learn everything I can! :D
  17. EvilBeaker

EvilBeaker

Hi everyone!

Im EvilBeaker, i made this account last weak i believe but decided to quikly introduce myself.
    I'm 19 years old live in the netherlands and my spelling and gramar is pretty bad (just sayin).
    nevertheless i love pokémon but only recently discovered competitive battling.

My efforts so far din't really work the way i hoped but i'm gonna keep trying.
    i'm planning on setting up a youtube channel were i share what if learned so far, manly because i couldn't really find a beginner friendly channel to learn from.
    but we will see how that turns out.

I hope to have fun and contribute something to the site and community
  18. Lady Valkyrie

Lady Valkyrie

Hey everyone :).

I'm Lady Valkyrie, otherwise know as Val. I've lurked and been active in a couple other forums so I have a basic idea of how this deal usually works.

I've been playing Pokemon Showdown a bit, hoping to get involved a bit more with competitive battling (specifically OU and UU). My experience with Gen 5 has been limited so adjusting to all the new Pokemon might take awhile.

'Been reading The Smog for awhile (maybe even a year or so back) and the idea of Pokemon Showdown got me interested in joining.

Hope to see you all around! ^^
  19. jakeF3119

jakeF3119

Hey everybody! My name is magnetpull am I, as you probably deduced from me posting here, am a new user. I play on Pokemon Showdown a lot but have never really gotten involved in the community. I am interested in OU, as it is really the only metagame I'm any good at. Thanks for reading my post, and I'm excited to join the community here!
  20. Neon Kaiser

Neon Kaiser

Hello there! My username is Neon Kaiser, as you can see. I'm new to these forums. My main experience with competitive Pokémon so far (well, competitive...) is with my friend. We both have a DS, Pokémon games and an Action Replay. I have enjoyed reading the Smogon Analyses for quite a while now, and they have really helped me!

After a while, I noticed these forums and they are very interesting and after lurking for a while, I decided it was time to join! If I remember correctly, my brother also was on this forum for a while, but stopped a while ago. So I figured if he enjoyed it, I must as well!

Anyways, I hope to have a good time on this forum!
  21. Dzi

Dzi

Hello Everyone! :)

Hi my name is Dzi, I started playing in PS a week ago and started posting on forums just these past few days (though I made this account along time ago). My favorite tier is Wifi NU because you get to use rare pokemon (and because I excel in it, fvck off). I peaked 1809 with 35-5 win loss record but I believe that I'm not very skilled yet compared to other players in the tier.

I hope I can contribute here on the forums! cya.
  22. TheGreatGigInTheSky

TheGreatGigInTheSky

I literally just joined Smogon right now. But anyways, to the point:

I am TheGreatGigInTheSky (the same username I have for Serebii, UPN and Bulbagarden). I started in Gen III and have loved the series ever since. I commonly follow the Smogon guidelines for various members of my team, and although I haven't had the technology to try it out yet, when I am in a position when the stars align (I can run this program, but I don't have much time to get on a PC), I will try out the Showdown, because it looks really cool an I would love to see how it works.
  23. blazeVA

blazeVA

Hello everyone! My name is BlazeVA, though you can just call me Blaze if you want. I have been playing competitive Pokemon about a year and half, and I've posted on the forums a couple of times already(once to post a UU RMT, and another to comment on the OU March stats). I know phoopes on here from UPN, and currently I would probably like to get involved in the RMT and CAP parts of the forums, since while I'm not bad at teambuilding and generally build solid teams my prediction skills are terrible and cost me matches. lol. I can't tell you how many times I over predicted a Heatran switch and got my Heatran paralyzed by Malaconda because of it. Plus, I love the way CAP does things and fell in love with Pokemon like Necturna and Malaconda, and I want other people to feel that as well.

I'm new here, as don't just limit me to those two things either. I'm open to doing anything on the forums, just looking to contribute in anyway.
  24. AudaciousAedz

AudaciousAedz

Heya I am Aedz! I have been lurking around here for years but have never joined until recently. I play doubles :)
  25. triforceofpokemon

triforceofpokemon

Hey! I'm triforceofpokemon :) I've been a fan of pokemon since silver but have never tried competative battling. I'm interested in ou weather teams and I'm excited to start my team :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)