General Introduce yourself!

Hai people, I've had this account for a little while but never really did anything with it lol. I'm Riuka so you can call me that or Haru :3 I've only recently gotten into competitive play, even though I've been playing since 3rd gen, so I'm still not very good outside of single battles and even those I'm just okay in. I hope to learn more competitive stuff and become friends with a lot of you!

Huh, well I'm about as casual about competition as you can get. I've been around for a while (gen I), competitively since gen III. I know my way around the Pokemon Universe—it's region's inhabitants and what defines them—but I' the only Pokemon nerd I know, and that only gets you so far. So here I am, escaping misanthropy. It should be interesting to say the least.

Hi, everyone. They call me Big Joe and although I registered for Smogon a while ago, this is my first actual post. I'm an older guy for a pokemon player but I'm assuming this has something to do with the little-kid stigma Pokemon has in the mainstream. Anyhow, after forming an unofficial league with coworkers and attempting to compete in a premier challenge at the Spring regionals in Madison, it's apparent that I suck. My daughter did much better than me with the team I built her. I'd like to get better so I can at least rank somewhere in the middle at these competitions and ultimately I'd love to help my daughter compete at a higher level too.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello friends!

I am Riku (others know me as wombo) I've been in competitive video gaming for awhile in SSB and have played pokemon my whole life on a casual level. Recently my finance has gotten me back into pokemon and since I no longer.play smash competitivly anymore I figured why not learn more about a game I love! I would love if someone could teach me more.of the ropes but.I am.familiar with the whole.competitive.VG scene. Any mentors out there?

Thanks!
Hello DarkRiku!
Welcome to the forums! I've been playing Pokemon competitively for a few months more than a year. I started with the franchise a few years back, with Emerald, and only played casually (I was absolute trash back then :/ ). The first Pokemon game I bought was Y, when I first got my 3DS. I also own Alpha Sapphire and I plan to get some of the older generations sometime. As far as I know, the mentorship program isn't continuing anymore, but we still have the Battling 101 Program (Tutoring Program). A thread will be created when the next round sign-ups start, so you can post in there if you're interested in the program. Otherwise, use the Simple Questions Simple Answers thread if you have any questions. Have fun around here!
:] Hello, new account
Hello Carlsola!
Nice to meet you! If you need any help with anything, feel free to PM me, chester0334, EonX, Fluke, or TheHoodedGamer. We have a lot of different areas for you to get involved in here, so have fun finding some you like. I hope you enjoy your time here!
Hi, I'm new!
Hi hublo!
Welcome to Smogon! You can get involved in many different areas of the site. For example, if you're interested in competitive battling, you can take part in the discussions. If you prefer in-game, check out the Wi-Fi forum. Use the Help form, the Questions threads, or PM one of us if you need help. Have a great time here!
Hai people, I've had this account for a little while but never really did anything with it lol. I'm Riuka so you can call me that or Haru :3 I've only recently gotten into competitive play, even though I've been playing since 3rd gen, so I'm still not very good outside of single battles and even those I'm just okay in. I hope to learn more competitive stuff and become friends with a lot of you!
Hey Riuka Heartfilia!
I also let this account grow old for a few months without doing anything, but I finally decided to get involved with the community around fall of last year. I started the Pokemon franchise with Emerald, but a few years after its original release. I used to be really bad when I first started, but when I got involved with Showdown and Smogon, I improved a lot! What tiers do you like? Three of my favorites are Random Battles, OU, and 1v1. If you want to, you can join the communities of the tiers you like by helping with discussions and/or joining the rooms in Showdown. If you need help with something, feel free to use any of the ways I posted above. I hope you have fun here!
Huh, well I'm about as casual about competition as you can get. I've been around for a while (gen I), competitively since gen III. I know my way around the Pokemon Universe—it's region's inhabitants and what defines them—but I' the only Pokemon nerd I know, and that only gets you so far. So here I am, escaping misanthropy. It should be interesting to say the least.
Nice to meet you, ark—!
It's always interesting to meet a veteran from the original games! I only started playing competitively a little while after XY, when my friend got me hooked to PS! Well, you've found the right place, as most Smogon users are Pokemon nerds, too! (Or just nerds in general xD ) What do you like about Pokemon? Is it the trading or in-game battling? We have the Wi-Fi forum for that. Is it just discussing in-game things? There's the Orange Islands forum for that. And of course, if you'd like to discuss the tiers you enjoy playing, take a look at the Competitive Discussion section of the forums. Have fun out here, and I'll see you around!
Hi, everyone. They call me Big Joe and although I registered for Smogon a while ago, this is my first actual post. I'm an older guy for a pokemon player but I'm assuming this has something to do with the little-kid stigma Pokemon has in the mainstream. Anyhow, after forming an unofficial league with coworkers and attempting to compete in a premier challenge at the Spring regionals in Madison, it's apparent that I suck. My daughter did much better than me with the team I built her. I'd like to get better so I can at least rank somewhere in the middle at these competitions and ultimately I'd love to help my daughter compete at a higher level too.
Hey there, BigJoeCool!
Don't worry about your age, as people of many different ages play Pokemon! Well, two ways to improve your competitive skills are: 1) signing up for the Tutoring Program and 2) joining the Competitive Tutoring room in Pokemon Showdown. You can also watch and/or join in on the tier discussions like suspect tests, create an RMT to get your team improved by knowledgeable users, or test your teams out in tournaments. In addition, check out the Smogon Strategy Pokedex to find good information and movesets for Pokemon. I'm sure you can improve a lot if you put your mind to it. If you need help with something, use the Questions threads or the Help form, or PM me or the users I tagged above. Enjoy your stay here!

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Hi, I'm new!
:] Hello, new account
Hello hublo and Carlsola, and welcome to Smogon, both of you! Do you mind me I inquiring what urged you to join? I decided to create an account because I wished to contribute to the monotype viability rankings (the tier I play the most). Speaking of tiers, what are your favourites? If you haven't decided yet, I have found Ubers to be a cool tier to get started in, as it is always fun to use legendary Pokemon :) If you are interested in improving your competitive battling skills, be sure to checkout Smogon's tutoring program, Battling 101!
Hello friends!

I am Riku (others know me as wombo) I've been in competitive video gaming for awhile in SSB and have played pokemon my whole life on a casual level. Recently my finance has gotten me back into pokemon and since I no longer.play smash competitivly anymore I figured why not learn more about a game I love! I would love if someone could teach me more.of the ropes but.I am.familiar with the whole.competitive.VG scene. Any mentors out there?

Thanks!
Hey DarkRiku! Or should I call you wombo? Either way, welcome to Smogon! I love Pokemon too, and have been playing casually for over 7 years now, but only got started in competitive gameplay about 8 months ago. If you would like to learn more about competitive gameplay, you can check out Smogon's tutoring program, Battling 101, or swing by the Competitive Tutoring room on Smogon's official Pokemon server, Pokemon Showdown! If neither of those work out, or you would prefer a more private 1-on-1 experience, PM me (click my namehen hit Start a Conversation) and I'm sure I can set you up with someone who can help you out, or do so myself! :) Good luck with your battles and I hope you have fun here!
Hiya Riuka Heartfilia! There's no problem with letting your account gather a little dust before jumping inand posting--many of my friends on here did the exact same thing! I've only been playing Pokemon since Gen4, so you've probably been playing a little longer than I have:) I got into competitive in about December, and if you would like to learn more, feel free to PM me or check out the above links to help get you started!
Hey ark! Wow you've been playing mons for a long time!I've only got into competitive in the last year, and my first game was Diamond :) I don't know any other Pokenerds in real life either, so I can relate. Anyway, be sure to check out Smogon's other forums and have fun!
Hey Big Joe! One of my best friends on the site also has a daughter, but she is rather young :P There's no problem with being a bit older--Pokemon can be fun for everyone! It's a nice refresher from daily life, being able to sit back and play mons :) I wish good luck to both you and your daughter at these events and have a great time on Smogon!

Hola everyone. I'm just here for the free Tacos, and my life mission of getting Poliwrath kicked into the Uber tier.
Personally I think bidoof should be ubers. Judging by your profile picture I think you would agree. Welcome to smogon also aside from free tacos we have many other thing to do and we also offer free hamburgers. If you want free food feel free to message me or TheHoodedGamer, EonX, QueBien, and Fluke. Hope you enjoy smogon:)

Edit: on a serious note if you need something let us know.

Hi I'm Pokecityon, better known as Flygon on another website. This is going to be confusing, since I often roam another forum at appears to have the same style, same everything >.<

Hi I'm Pokecityon, better known as Flygon on another website. This is going to be confusing, since I often roam another forum at appears to have the same style, same everything >.<
Welcome to forums and welcome to smogon. If you need help navigating through the forums do let me know. You can also message TheHoodedGamer, EonX, QueBien, and Fluke if you need help with anything. I kinda wanna know what other site you roam around on just out of curiosity. If you need some battling tips check out the Battling101 forum or if you want to do anything Wifi related you should check out the wifi forums. I hope you enjoy smogon:)

Hello, I'm Adam. I played on PS for quite a while but just made an account. I play ubers, ou, and nu, and recently peaked on the uber ladder. If anyone is looking for any team building help just PM me! I also spend most of my time not on PS because I attend a quite intense college called Vanderbilt. HMU if anyone goes there and plays PS!

Hello, everyone! I'm a returning player to the competitive scene. I used to play in DPPT/BW and then took a long break after some MAJOR changes in my life. Now I'm back and I'm about as rusty as a bike that's been left out in the rain for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get my battling edge back, learn more, and contribute to this forum!

QueBien

Hello, I'm Adam. I played on PS for quite a while but just made an account. I play ubers, ou, and nu, and recently peaked on the uber ladder. If anyone is looking for any team building help just PM me! I also spend most of my time not on PS because I attend a quite intense college called Vanderbilt. HMU if anyone goes there and plays PS!
Hello wadam!
Welcome to the site! I play a lot of tiers, including Ubers and NU, but I tend to play OU, 1v1, and Random Battles on a more regular basis. I haven't really played too much recently, so my ladder rating isn't that good. 1v1 has to be my favorite tier, with it being a quick and enjoyable game type. Well, if you find time to increase your activity, I would encourage you to visit some of the rooms in PS if you haven't already, or join in on the competitive discussions here if you'd like. If you need anything, feel free to PM me, chester0334, EonX, or Fluke. Enjoy your time here!
Hello, everyone! I'm a returning player to the competitive scene. I used to play in DPPT/BW and then took a long break after some MAJOR changes in my life. Now I'm back and I'm about as rusty as a bike that's been left out in the rain for a few weeks. I'm hoping to get my battling edge back, learn more, and contribute to this forum!
Hey Goggles!
Welcome back to competitive battling! I started with XY, so I'm not new to the scene but I'm not that great at it. A lot has changed since DPPT and BW, though, so I would advise you to lurk in the Competitive Discussion forum. What tiers do you like? There are subforums for each of the tiers, like OverUsed, UnderUsed, Other Metagames, etc. If you'd like, once you've gotten used to the metagame, you can post in the threads there. We have a few options if you have questions: the Have a Question? thread, the Simple Questions thread, and the Help form. If you'd like, you can PM me or the users I tagged above for help. Have a great time here at the forums!

Hey Goggles!
Welcome back to competitive battling! I started with XY, so I'm not new to the scene but I'm not that great at it. A lot has changed since DPPT and BW, though, so I would advise you to lurk in the Competitive Discussion forum. What tiers do you like? There are subforums for each of the tiers, like OverUsed, UnderUsed, Other Metagames, etc. If you'd like, once you've gotten used to the metagame, you can post in the threads there. We have a few options if you have questions: the Have a Question? thread, the Simple Questions thread, and the Help form. If you'd like, you can PM me or the users I tagged above for help. Have a great time here at the forums!
I really like the OU/UU tiers because that's where a lot of my favorite pokemon reside ie: Garchomp, Ampharos-mega, Metagross, Scizor, Hawlucha, Salamence, etc. And I'm really interested in building a Rain Team. Thanks for the thread suggestions!

Hello everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on the forums and i'm definitely glad I decided to join the community. I'm excited to learn more about the metagame and I cant wait to interact with others in the community! :)

QueBien

Hello everyone!
I've been a long time lurker on the forums and i'm definitely glad I decided to join the community. I'm excited to learn more about the metagame and I cant wait to interact with others in the community! :)
Hi there Based Lord ATG!
Nice to meet you! I am also glad I joined Smogon, as it's a really great place to be with an awesome community. What tiers do you play? I've played all the tiers with permanent ladders and quite a few of the Other Metagames. I frequent the OM room because it's a friendly place to visit. Since you've lurked, I assume you know how things work around here. If you need help with anything, go ahead and post in the Questions threads or send a PM to one of us. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hello everyone! I'm the Peeko. I've been playing Pokemans since the dark ages gen 4, I think. I started learning of competitive at about the end of gen 5, I think. Since then, I've been ghosting about: reading the smogon-stratdex, lurking in randbats, etc, etc. I'm new (obviously), so yeah. Nice to meet y'all.

NINJA EDIT-grammar

Hello! I'm a long-time fan of Pokemon, so much so that my first memory is of a Charizard plushie. Became interested in the competitive scene relatively recently, and been enjoying learning the new (to me) side of one of my favorite things. I look forward to meeting y'all!

Hi there Based Lord ATG!
Nice to meet you! I am also glad I joined Smogon, as it's a really great place to be with an awesome community. What tiers do you play? I've played all the tiers with permanent ladders and quite a few of the Other Metagames. I frequent the OM room because it's a friendly place to visit. Since you've lurked, I assume you know how things work around here. If you need help with anything, go ahead and post in the Questions threads or send a PM to one of us. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy your time here!
I primarily reside in the OU and UU ORAS tiers, they're really fun in my personal opinion, but I'm interested in trying OM sometime! Great to meet you as well! I really appreciate the warm welcome!

Hi guys I'm LegendBoy as you can probably see

I'm known as LegendBoy2000 or LegendaryBoy on PS! and I'm relatively new to Smogon. I hope senpais get along with me.

Also, can you msg me a good gif avatar and/or a signature? Thank you

Hello from the UK guys and gals. The name is Dan and I am a pokefan. Been playing since I was like 4, so thats like 18 years now? Still got my original Gameboy and red game from back then (albeit battered, bruised and scraped to heck). My friend told me about Smogon about 3 months ago, and until id picked up OR again a week ago, you guys had kind of slipped my mind. So anyway here I am! I am new to the whole competative breeding/battling and the like despite my years of experience as I never battled online in the previous games. Just used to casually play friends on HG and SS.

Hello everyone! I'm the Peeko. I've been playing Pokemans since the dark ages gen 4, I think. I started learning of competitive at about the end of gen 5, I think. Since then, I've been ghosting about: reading the smogon-stratdex, lurking in randbats, etc, etc. I'm new (obviously), so yeah. Nice to meet y'all.

NINJA EDIT-grammar
Hello, The Peeko! Welcome to Smogon!

I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 1, but stopped playing after Gen 4 started. Funny that you've started playing it from Gen 4 onward. Pokemon X & Y intrigued me to start playing it again, so I did! Currently enjoying Omega Ruby.

If you have any questions related to Pokemon, there are tons of people here on this site who are willing to help you with everything. If you are in need for some battling tips check out the Battling101 forum or if you want to do anything Wifi related you should check out the wifi forums. Enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

Hello! I'm a long-time fan of Pokemon, so much so that my first memory is of a Charizard plushie. Became interested in the competitive scene relatively recently, and been enjoying learning the new (to me) side of one of my favorite things. I look forward to meeting y'all!
Heyyo~ OneLastSpock, welcome!

I never really had a Pokemon related plushy when I was younger, but I recently bought myself a Charizard Amiibo! Even though it's sitting on my desk, it's a joy to see it roar in silence. What are your favorite tiers? I enjoy every single battle in all tiers.

If you are in need for some battling tips check out the Battling101 forum or if you want to do anything Wifi related you should check out the wifi forums. Enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

I'm known as LegendBoy2000 or LegendaryBoy on PS! and I'm relatively new to Smogon. I hope senpais get along with me.

Yo Legendboy!

PS as in PlayStation? Correct me if I'm wrong ;)! Also, I don't know if you already found an avatar, but Google is your friend ;) Though, the one you have know with the crossover between Altaria and Dedenne is really cute (^-^)

If you are in need for some battling tips check out the Battling101 forum or if you want to do anything Wifi related you should check out the wifi forums. Enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

Hello from the UK guys and gals. The name is Dan and I am a pokefan. Been playing since I was like 4, so thats like 18 years now? Still got my original Gameboy and red game from back then (albeit battered, bruised and scraped to heck). My friend told me about Smogon about 3 months ago, and until id picked up OR again a week ago, you guys had kind of slipped my mind. So anyway here I am! I am new to the whole competative breeding/battling and the like despite my years of experience as I never battled online in the previous games. Just used to casually play friends on HG and SS.
Hello Dan the upper neighbor (I'm from the Netherlands XD)! Welcome to Smogon.

Damn, still have the original Gameboy? My first Gameboy was the Gameboy Colour... Which was green, but broke after my sister dropped it on the ground. It didn't really break, but the sound didn't work anymore. It broke my heart!

Anyho~, If you are in need for some battling tips check out the Battling101 forum or if you want to do anything Wifi related you should check out the wifi forums. Enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

hey guys, i used to be a lurker here when i was into competitive pokemon in dppt/hgss. i stopped playing after b/w came out, but i met a new friend who got my itch for competitive battling back again. i feel like an old man trying to adapt to all these changes lol..

anyways, i'm 21 years old, english major, i love video games and rpgs in particular and long walks on the moon.

just a question: can i still play older gens on pokemon showdown?

QueBien

hey guys, i used to be a lurker here when i was into competitive pokemon in dppt/hgss. i stopped playing after b/w came out, but i met a new friend who got my itch for competitive battling back again. i feel like an old man trying to adapt to all these changes lol..

anyways, i'm 21 years old, english major, i love video games and rpgs in particular and long walks on the moon.

just a question: can i still play older gens on pokemon showdown?
Hey MyNeighborKabigon!
Welcome to Smogon! Ever since I started with Emerald I haven't really stopped. I've played every generation since 3, albeit in a different order, and I plan to play the first two generations sometime in the near future. Yeah, the metagame's really changed since Generation 4. If you find trouble adjusting to the changes, feel free to ask questions in the designated threads (SQSA, Have a Question?), or PM me, chester0334, EonX, or Fluke. A little about me: my favorite subject is biology, my favorite sport is soccer, and I listen to a lot of different genres of music. I play a bunch of different video games besides Pokemon, such as Halo and Minecraft. As for your question, yes, you can play older generations on PS!. Just select from the drop down menu and look to the rightmost side, where there are sections labeled BW2 Singles and Doubles, and Past Generations for the generations before 5. I hope you enjoy your time at the forums!

Yo Legendboy!

PS as in PlayStation? Correct me if I'm wrong ;)! Also, I don't know if you already found an avatar, but Google is your friend ;) Though, the one you have know with the crossover between Altaria and Dedenne is really cute (^-^)

I meant Pokemon Showdown, actually. o3o Nice meeting you Zerius

I hate intros... u_u;

But hi, I'm Nico and I'm basically here to lurk about and learn stuff, I guess. I largely enjoy lower tier pokes and the metagame around there, even if I don't really participate myself. I just kind of build pokes and faff about in the Maison. So... yeah.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)