General Introduce yourself!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hey guys I am returning member. Started playing again recently always welcome to a DPP OU battle though.
Hey there, Scimjara! It's great to see that you've returned to Smogon and Pokemon! I've never played DPP OU before, but I might give it a try! Maybe when we're both free, we can both arrange a battle?
Have a nice day!
Sobi.

Hey guys, I'm DKC. Well, that's my username at least. My three names IRL start with D***** K******* C********, and that's where my UN came from. I'm a bit young (14 to be exact) so I feel embarrased usually.
I've been on Smogon since last year, when I was exposed to Pokemon Showdown ( I don't play good, to be honest XD).
Right now, I'm interested in the CAP ASB, so I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me get started.
I started Pokemon about 5 or 6 years ago, when I saw the Pokemon anime air here. I then bought the game, a Pokemon Red, then I got addicted (yes, that word). I started to research about competitive battling after DPPt came out and found out about EVs and IVs and the like. As a guy who likes math and mind games, I actually grew into the modern game mechanics. I tend to like stall teams in OU and Baton Pass teams in AG. Hope we can be friends guys :)

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey guys, I'm DKC. Well, that's my username at least. My three names IRL start with D***** K******* C********, and that's where my UN came from. I'm a bit young (14 to be exact) so I feel embarrased usually.
I've been on Smogon since last year, when I was exposed to Pokemon Showdown ( I don't play good, to be honest XD).
Right now, I'm interested in the CAP ASB, so I'd really appreciate it if someone can help me get started.
I started Pokemon about 5 or 6 years ago, when I saw the Pokemon anime air here. I then bought the game, a Pokemon Red, then I got addicted (yes, that word). I started to research about competitive battling after DPPt came out and found out about EVs and IVs and the like. As a guy who likes math and mind games, I actually grew into the modern game mechanics. I tend to like stall teams in OU and Baton Pass teams in AG. Hope we can be friends guys :)
Hello dkcpkmn, welcome to smogon! I'd love to help get you started with CAP, it's really fun and an awesome tier! Just send me a PM and we can chat about it! Also, if you didn't know, there is a CAP Project forum! You can find it here. There is ASB too. There is also a CAP Project room on Pokémon Showdown! Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi everyone! You guys can call me Scorpy or Rii-chan if you want. I'm 19 years old, and unfortunately I did not have the pleasure of owning my own Pokemon game until I was 14. I began with Soul Silver, and to this day, 5 years later, I have still not gotten much better. Who knew that someone could be only just a little better than a noob for 5 years? I know that I am horrible with strategy. It makes me very sad. However! I have joined you all so that hopefully I will get better, so I don't feel embarassed when I talk to other Pokemon fans in real life and so I feel better about myself. Anyway, my favorite Pokemon are Suicune, Kyogre, Ninetales, Mightyena and Lugia. Kyogre was the Pokemon that started it all for me. Without seeing Kyogre, I never would have tried playing Pokemon in the first place over 10 years ago.

I still play Soul Silver (embarassingly enough, I abandoned it for two years or so and still haven't even completed the story ;-;) and I hope that I'll be able to get a copy of AS soon.

My other interests are literature, philosophy, astronomy/astrology, horseback riding, various fandoms, anime/manga, languages, and history.

Also, I have been known to be not so active at times.... So I might not be here every day. I am also a little shy online, but only a little. I hope to have lots of fun here and learn new things!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Hi everyone! You guys can call me Scorpy or Rii-chan if you want. I'm 19 years old, and unfortunately I did not have the pleasure of owning my own Pokemon game until I was 14. I began with Soul Silver, and to this day, 5 years later, I have still not gotten much better. Who knew that someone could be only just a little better than a noob for 5 years? I know that I am horrible with strategy. It makes me very sad. However! I have joined you all so that hopefully I will get better, so I don't feel embarassed when I talk to other Pokemon fans in real life and so I feel better about myself. Anyway, my favorite Pokemon are Suicune, Kyogre, Ninetales, Mightyena and Lugia. Kyogre was the Pokemon that started it all for me. Without seeing Kyogre, I never would have tried playing Pokemon in the first place over 10 years ago.

I still play Soul Silver (embarassingly enough, I abandoned it for two years or so and still haven't even completed the story ;-;) and I hope that I'll be able to get a copy of AS soon.

My other interests are literature, philosophy, astronomy/astrology, horseback riding, various fandoms, anime/manga, languages, and history.

Also, I have been known to be not so active at times.... So I might not be here every day. I am also a little shy online, but only a little. I hope to have lots of fun here and learn new things!
Hello xXScorpiusPrimeXx, welcome!! Are you looking for a certain place on the forums that you want to explore? If so, just let us know! Also, you sounded like you want to get better at competitive Pokémon, well we are here to help! There is a Battling 101 Program, where you can apply for a tutor and they'll help you! Also, you can visit the Competitive Tutoring room on Pokémon Showdown! Don't worry, you'll get better with practice and research! You can do it! If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM or ask in the Smogon Simple Questions thread! Welcome to the forums! :)

Hello smogon, time for me to return the favor.

I started a few weeks ago reading the OU viability ranking post and currently checking it almost everyday, learning and reading about almost everyone posting there, didn´t knew about this site at all.

So, whatever, I started from Gen I, by the time we went on free time at school trading and battling with red/blue, via link cable, (Good times.) always liked the world of Pokémon and just discovered too the showdown.

Got AS two months ago, going for a monotype tournament tomorrow, couldn´t resist to pass by and register myself.

Gonna try joining showdown, but first, your community.

Greetings.

Welcome pal! ;), you just ninja posted me.

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hello smogon, time for me to return the favor.

I started a few weeks ago reading the OU viability ranking post and currently checking it almost everyday, learning and reading about almost everyone posting there, didn´t knew about this site at all.

So, whatever, I started from Gen I, by the time we went on free time at school trading and battling with red/blue, via link cable, (Good times.) always liked the world of Pokémon and just discovered too the showdown.

Got AS two months ago, going for a monotype tournament tomorrow, couldn´t resist to pass by and register myself.

Gonna try joining showdown, but first, your community.

Greetings.

Welcome pal! ;), you just ninja posted me.
Hey Desterrada, glad you could join us on the forums! Maybe we can have a battle on Pokémon Showdown sometime, I'd love to battle you! Is there a certain area on the forums that you wanna explore? There are tons of things, from art, battling, Wi-Fi, competitive discussions, and more! Hope to hear from you soon!

Sobi

Banned deucer.

Hey, xXScorpiusPrimeXx! Welcome to Smogon.
My first Pokemon game, was Pokemon Emerald, and, since I had never played Pokemon before, I was confused, yet curious. I lost like half the matches I played, but I enjoyed it, and that's what really matters. About 6 months later, I got past the third gym, which, to me, was a huge success. I stopped playing the game, though, after 2 months, since I grew bored of it.
Anyway, my point is that a lot of people aren't very good at battling, in-game, and competitively. Well, that's what Pokemon Showdown and the Smogon Community is here for. There are many things you can do. Let me go through them all:
  1. Check out Pokemon Showdown's Ingame Room, for discussion on the games, and non-competitive Pokemon.
  2. Check out Pokemon Showdown's Competitive Tutoring Room, or CT for short, for discussion on the competitive side of Pokemon.
  3. Find a tier you like playing. A list of tiers is available here.
  4. Become more familiar with competitive Pokemon here and here.
  5. Check out Smogon's Youtube Channel, and the competitive videos.
Once you have a better perspective of competitive battling, you can start making teams. If you need any help, feel free to PM me, and we can work together and improve your team. You can also check out the RMT Sub-Forum, where you can post your team, and get feedback on it. As for your other interests, you can go to the Anime & Manga room, Scholastic room and Health & Fitness room. You'll be able to hang out there with people that share the same interests as you! Smogon also has a Sub-Forum for Anime & Manga, which is here.

Have a nice day, and good luck!

Hey.
I am a 18 year old student, living in Lithuania. Joining an uni in Netherlands next year. Anyway, found pokemon showdown 2 days ago. I found it really fun. Want to ask, how should the process of learning the game look like ?

Like, I started by playing random battles. But even there, I don't understand anything pretty much. I haven't really played any pokemon games in the past.

No idea what the moves do so I have to read them every time. No idea about the types and how they interact with each other (i pretty much only know that water beats fire and fire beats grass lol). No idea how to choose which move is better, pokemon is better for the situation or anything like that.

Soooooo.. Any tips ? Maybe I should read somethign or do something else instead of random battles ? I feel like something more organised than random battles might be better.

Thanks!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hey.
I am a 18 year old student, living in Lithuania. Joining an uni in Netherlands next year. Anyway, found pokemon showdown 2 days ago. I found it really fun. Want to ask, how should the process of learning the game look like ?

Like, I started by playing random battles. But even there, I don't understand anything pretty much. I haven't really played any pokemon games in the past.

No idea what the moves do so I have to read them every time. No idea about the types and how they interact with each other (i pretty much only know that water beats fire and fire beats grass lol). No idea how to choose which move is better, pokemon is better for the situation or anything like that.

Soooooo.. Any tips ? Maybe I should read somethign or do something else instead of random battles ? I feel like something more organised than random battles might be better.

Thanks!
Hi XJ9, welcome!~ Learning and getting better at Pokemon is something that takes time, so researching, battling competitively, and more all help to learn the game. If you want, I can explain to you in depth in PMs about types, and how they effect one another, along with moves. I also used to have no clue whatsoever on moves and types, until I found the forums. Parts on the forums explained about the types and how they each effected one another, and I learned from there. So I suggest researching here to help you learn. Send me a PM if you have questions, and perhaps I can help you! Welcome to Smogon, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Hi XJ9, welcome!~ Learning and getting better at Pokemon is something that takes time, so researching, battling competitively, and more all help to learn the game. If you want, I can explain to you in depth in PMs about types, and how they effect one another, along with moves. I also used to have no clue whatsoever on moves and types, until I found Bulbapedia. Bulbapedia explained about the types and how they each effected one another, and I learned from there. So I suggest Bulbapedia to help you learn. Send me a PM if you have questions, and perhaps I can help you! Welcome to Smogon, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Yup, I would love that! :)
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Type
This? Hehe, that looks kind of complicated and a lot to remember :P But alrighty, I'll try.

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Alright. The pokemon row shows the type of the defending pokemon , right ? Why are there 2 score lines?
Don't worry about the score lines. The vertical column shows the move used, and the horizontal row shows the Pokemon who is being attack. For example:

Fire Blast (a Fire-type move) is being used on Snivy (a Grass-type Pokemon). If you look at the graph, there is a 2 which means "super effective". 1 means neutral. 0 means no damage is dealt because of immunity. 1/2 means resist, and so less damage is dealt. Most of the typings here are logical (like Fire burns Grass, etc), so it isn't too hard to learn them.

Good Luck! :D
Edit: BTW, I don't mean that the Bulbapedia type chart is unreliable, I'm just saying that some parts of the website could be, so just be cautious!

Last edited:
Hi my name is Wolfman and i am 15 soon 16
Ok lets start talking about me
My first pokemon game is Firered and i picked Charmander because it looks cool
My favourite is Charizard because first time i Saw it i think it was a Fire/Dragon type pokemon
I come to Smogen because i need help to know about how to EV Train and what Nature is ( i know what Nature is i need help to like can i give Charizard Timild Nature) and help to give all my 6 teams a good movesets

Last edited:

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Hi my name is Wolfman and i am 15 soon 16
Ok lets start talking about me
My first pokemon game is Firered and i picked Charmander because it looks cool
My favourite is Charizard because first time i Saw it i think it was a Fire/Dragon type pokemon
I come to Smogen because i need help to know about how to EV Train and what Nature is ( i know what Nature is i need help to like can i give Charizard Timild Nature) and help to give all my 6 teams a good movesets
Hey, Wolfman2660G! Welcome to Smogon, and happy early birthday! n_n
My first Pokemon game was Emerald, but I did play Fire-Red. I didn't manage to finish though, since I got stuck in one of the caves, and gave up, sadly. I picked Squirtle, but when I played Leaf Green, I chose Charmander. A lot of people though Charizard was Fire/Dragon, but unfortunately, it wasn't. Besides, if it was Fire/Dragon, it would be so popular, and the game would be so much easier. If you need help with EV Training and Breeding, check out the Wi-Fi Subforum and you can ask it in the SQSA thread (you can also Google the answer!). If you need help with team-building, check out the CT Room or the Competitive Discussion Subforum where you can find Sample Teams - you can also see the Smogon Analysis, and use those sets, if you're stuck.
Good Luck!

Hey, Wolfman2660G! Welcome to Smogon, and happy early birthday! n_n
My first Pokemon game was Emerald, but I did play Fire-Red. I didn't manage to finish though, since I got stuck in one of the caves, and gave up, sadly. I picked Squirtle, but when I played Leaf Green, I chose Charmander. A lot of people though Charizard was Fire/Dragon, but unfortunately, it wasn't. Besides, if it was Fire/Dragon, it would be so popular, and the game would be so much easier. If you need help with EV Training and Breeding, check out the Wi-Fi Subforum and you can ask it in the SQSA thread (you can also Google the answer!). If you need help with team-building, check out the CT Room or the Competitive Discussion Subforum where you can find Sample Teams - you can also see the Smogon Analysis, and use those sets, if you're stuck.
Good Luck!
I have never playing WI-FI battles because i dont know how to do but i use the team i am building in-game and i use it too in a game named Minecraft :) and too Pokemon Showdown and another website pokemon games but i do not have a PC so i only write on my mobile i will first get a PC about 2-3 weeks :(

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm Matzreal, 22 yo male.
Found this forum after searching for more information on disassembly of Pokemon Red - hoping to learn more about the game code!

My favourite pokemon is Charizard (yeah, I know, original af). I'm mostly interested in Dragon type pokemons.
I played gen I, II, III games many, many times on my PC - couldn't really play newer ones because of lack of emulators. Since then I wasn't really in touch with pokemons from gen IV onwards. Any advice regarding getting onto them?

Cheers!

Sobi

Banned deucer.
Found this forum after searching for more information on disassembly of Pokemon Red - hoping to learn more about the game code!

My favourite pokemon is Charizard (yeah, I know, original af). I'm mostly interested in Dragon type pokemons.
I played gen I, II, III games many, many times on my PC - couldn't really play newer ones because of lack of emulators. Since then I wasn't really in touch with pokemons from gen IV onwards. Any advice regarding getting onto them?

Cheers!
Hey, Matzreal! Welcome to Smogon! I think it's great that you're interested in the assemblage of Pokemon games - it seems very interesting! I think that, on the forums, the Technical Projects sub-forum would be the right place for you to hang out, with people that share the same passions are you. You might find more information about how Pokemon games are made there. I played Gen 1-5 on my PC as well, using rom emulators, but, like you, I stopped, since there weren't any Gen 6 emulators. I don't think that there are any *trusted* emulators that support 3DS games yet, sadly. What you could do is just watch Pokemon Walkthroughs and pretend you're playing them, like me!
I hope you settle well into the forums ~ if you have any questions, feel free to ask! n_n

Edit: Sniped you again, deetah :^)

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead

Cheers!
Hello, Matzreal! Welcome to the forums! My favorite type is Dragon as well, glad we have something in common! I wasn't really interested in the game at first, but then I decided I would try one. It was really fun and I quickly got addicted to Pokémon X. I think I would just suggest trying one out and seeing if you like it or not and how it works for you. In my opinion, they are fun! Best of luck to you!

deetah

Bright like a diamond
GP & SocMed Lead
Hi, im wako hoping to find new friends :D, i like competitive but not vcg too much.(sorry for bad english)
Hi Dr.wako, welcome! I'd love to assist you on the forums, glad you could join us! I think you should visit the Competitive Discussions forum, it sounds like it would be a nice fit for you! They talk about all sorts of things, and of course competitive Pokemon! Also, do you have questions? If so, send me a PM or visit the Smogon Simple Questions thread. I also recommend visiting Pokemon Showdown, if you haven't. It's an online battle simulator, and it has chat rooms for the other languages that you might enjoy. Hope to hear from you soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)