General Introduce yourself!

Heyo. I'm Justin. Earlier this month for my 30th birthday I was given a 3ds and a copy of Omega Ruby. I'd never played pokemon at all before.

I got hooked so hard that two weeks later I'm 85% of the way through building my Hoenn living dex (47% of the National) and know how to breed IV's and natures, EV train, and so on. I can breed competitive quality pokemon but I have no idea what to do with them once I have them... so now I'm here, and a bit intimidated by the sheer volume of information. Slowly making sense of it all haha.

I have no clue where to start so I'm probably just gonna slap together a team and dive in face-first, then make adjustments as I figure out why I fail so much. If anyone has a better idea, I'm all ears. :)
Welcome to the party, pal. I'm Rudy , i am just a tad bit more experienced than you in competitive , but i've been playing since Pokemon Crystal. Anyways just keep trying to make teams. If you want to learn more about competitive battling this site is the best for you. I also advice playing other pokemon games pre-gen 6 as they will give you some insight on movesets and other important aspects of the game. Other than that just brainstorm on every single move you play but don't over think it. Cheers enjoy the game!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
HELLO EVERYONE!
Hi TrainerDan93!
Welcome to the site! You can explore the different forums to find some you'd like to get involved in, but make sure you lurk sufficiently before jumping into conversations. If you have any questions, check out the Help form. Have fun!

Rokudo Mukuru

Banned deucer.
Hello everyone! o/

I'm a 22 years old VGC player, and some friends from my local league told me to sign up in this forum...so here I am!
I've played some Smogon tiers before (mostly 5 generation) in Pokemon Showdown, but now I want to play Single Battles on a competitive level.

Hoping to make cool friends and play some tournaments soon!
See ya. o/

Hi I'm Chop. Been playing pokemawns for a while now, and I havent really done anything forum wise. I'm familiar with DPP/BW/ORAS and I did some teams in G/S/C ans R/S/E.

Hey, I'm Manuel and I'm 16 years old, from Portugal. I've been on PS for about a year now, but I rarely spoke and never did much besides look for trades. Recently I've started going into Chatrooms like Wifi and chatting, as well as laddering NU, my favorite tier. I hope to keep chatting and being here on Smogon and PS for a long time.

QueBien

Sorry about the late replies, guys, but I had some work to do. :/
Hello everyone! o/

I'm a 22 years old VGC player, and some friends from my local league told me to sign up in this forum...so here I am!
I've played some Smogon tiers before (mostly 5 generation) in Pokemon Showdown, but now I want to play Single Battles on a competitive level.

Hoping to make cool friends and play some tournaments soon!
See ya. o/
Hey Rokudo Mukuru!
This forum does have some great information about VGC. Have you visited that tier's room in Showdown? You can hang out with other VGC players, chat, and discuss things about the meta. Have a great time here at the forums and in PS!
Hi I'm Chop. Been playing pokemawns for a while now, and I havent really done anything forum wise. I'm familiar with DPP/BW/ORAS and I did some teams in G/S/C ans R/S/E.
Hi Chopsuey55!
Welcome to Smogon! I haven't played BW or older in PS! with the exception of Generation 1 Random Battles, due to the fact that when I got started with Showdown I started with XY, and I've stuck with it. I started with Pokemon in general with Emerald. Well, have fun on the site!
Hey, I'm Manuel and I'm 16 years old, from Portugal. I've been on PS for about a year now, but I rarely spoke and never did much besides look for trades. Recently I've started going into Chatrooms like Wifi and chatting, as well as laddering NU, my favorite tier. I hope to keep chatting and being here on Smogon and PS for a long time.
Hello MadnessZero!
Nice to meet you! I've been on PS for about a year, too. I also did not join any chatrooms until I found the Community Mentoring room a while back. When that got removed I went to the Smogon Hangout room, and after that one got removed, too, I joined the Other Metas room. I love that room. It has a great crowd and chat. If you need help with anything, take a look at our Help form. Have fun!

'Sup, I'm Whale Face (even though that's a shark).
I'm sibling of KJ Corp who is also pretty new.
I'm a fan of anime (Hetalia, Durarara!, Tokyo Ghoul, OHSHC and so on), a couple TV shows (Gravity Falls, Supernatural, Avatar) and other similar stuff.

QueBien

'Sup, I'm Whale Face (even though that's a shark).
I'm sibling of KJ Corp who is also pretty new.
I'm a fan of anime (Hetalia, Durarara!, Tokyo Ghoul, OHSHC and so on), a couple TV shows (Gravity Falls, Supernatural, Avatar) and other similar stuff.
Hey Whale Face!
.____________. Welcome to the forums! Check out the Questions thread if you have any questions you need to ask. You can explore the different forums here and find some you'd like to get involved in. Have a good time!

Hey.

I've been using PS for aaaaages now and I only recently started using the chat feature in it's Battle Dome room, the best room obviously.:heart:. I literally just started using Smogon and I'm always up for a chat. :toast::toast::toast:

QueBien

Hey.

I've been using PS for aaaaages now and I only recently started using the chat feature in it's Battle Dome room, the best room obviously.:heart:. I literally just started using Smogon and I'm always up for a chat. :toast::toast::toast:
Hi HawkAutumn!
I've been using Showdown for about a year, now. I currently hang around the Other Metas room, which in my opinion is the best room. <3 I started really getting involved with Showdown a month or so ago. Have fun here!

Greetings, my name is whiteNnerdy234, or you can just call me White. I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a little while now, but I've actually been playing Pokemon since I was five (fourteen now). I am really only just getting into competitive battling, and although my strategies are usually crazy, desperate and almost unusable, I love trying new things. My favorite Pokemon are Eevee, Greninja, Sceptile, Gardevoir, and Excadrill, so if you see any of these guys, don't be alarmed. :P I play pretty much anything, but I find I'm adequate at 1v1. I'm a very friendly person, so if you want to chat, I'm usually up for it. :D

QueBien

Greetings, my name is whiteNnerdy234, or you can just call me White. I've been playing Pokemon Showdown for a little while now, but I've actually been playing Pokemon since I was five (fourteen now). I am really only just getting into competitive battling, and although my strategies are usually crazy, desperate and almost unusable, I love trying new things. My favorite Pokemon are Eevee, Greninja, Sceptile, Gardevoir, and Excadrill, so if you see any of these guys, don't be alarmed. :P I play pretty much anything, but I find I'm adequate at 1v1. I'm a very friendly person, so if you want to chat, I'm usually up for it. :D
Hi whiteNerdy234!
Welcome! I've been playing since I was around ten or something like that. I got into competitive recently, too, starting around last May. My favorite Pokemon are Bisharp, Lucario, Scizor, and Mew. 1v1 is one of the only tiers that I actually once tried getting onto the ladder. I don't play too much or too often, so my rating doesn't really change much. Have a great time exploring the forums and battling in PS!

Hi whiteNerdy234 I myself was a new member at one point. I myself love to battle I may not be as active in battling (I am slowly becoming active again though) but I have a lot of experience in battling. I would be glad to help you out with a few battling tips or anything else you would like. Feel free to PM me if you need anything:) Enjoy your time on smogon:)
edit: ORAS OU Teams that is a link where you can get teams rated. I am also happy to rate your team however it may take a while for me to respond because it can take anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes for me to rate a team and provide exact details and I also use details from the pokemon showdown calculator.

JamesTheRedEngine

Banned deucer.
Hello There! My name is James The Red Engine. I have been playing Pokemon for 6 and a half years, and started with the 4th generation. It is an honor to be part of Smogon and to be on showdown, and it is nice to meet you all

QueBien

Hello There! My name is James The Red Engine. I have been playing Pokemon for 6 and a half years, and started with the 4th generation. It is an honor to be part of Smogon and to be on showdown, and it is nice to meet you all
Hey JamesTheRedEngine!
I've been playing for a couple of years; I got onto the Pokemon train only recently. I started with the third generation but not at the time of its original release; rather, some years later. We have a lot of different forums to offer here at Smogon; check them out and find some you like, then get involved! Have a great time here at the forums!

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
Hello fellow Crusaders of Pokemon, my name is Physical Tyranitar. Formerly known as Bounceviper123, I kept getting locked and muted for misunderstood reasons. Finally, declaring that one day there was just too much history between me and the moderators, I changed my username, avatar, and color, to the Physical Tyranitar. I am known for being a white knight most of the times, and I will not tolerate trolling. While others accuse me of minimodding and sugaring the mods, I have no intentions of becoming Voiced, although I knew my mission from the first time I logged onto Showdown- to get a custom avatar. Now, I completely understand that only users who are moderators, have custom servers, or contribute to the GitHub of Showdown are eligible to get custom avatars, I know deeply in my heart that I would be complete with one. That is my duty; my purpose on here. I feel that I have contributed to Showdown well enough, but I know that I have a long way to go. But I will not quit-if there is one thing I have learned throughout the thousands of battles I've participated in, it is to never give up, no matter the circumstances. If I am to go down, I am to go down in flames. I am not asking for a Custom Avatar, but I know what my purpose is and I intend on achieving it. Life is like a deck of cards; you never know what hand you may be dealt next....

JamesTheRedEngine

Banned deucer.
Hello fellow Crusaders of Pokemon, my name is Physical Tyranitar. Formerly known as Bounceviper123, I kept getting locked and muted for misunderstood reasons. Finally, declaring that one day there was just too much history between me and the moderators, I changed my username, avatar, and color, to the Physical Tyranitar. I am known for being a white knight most of the times, and I will not tolerate trolling. While others accuse me of minimodding and sugaring the mods, I have no intentions of becoming Voiced, although I knew my mission from the first time I logged onto Showdown- to get a custom avatar. Now, I completely understand that only users who are moderators, have custom servers, or contribute to the GitHub of Showdown are eligible to get custom avatars, I know deeply in my heart that I would be complete with one. That is my duty; my purpose on here. I feel that I have contributed to Showdown well enough, but I know that I have a long way to go. But I will not quit-if there is one thing I have learned throughout the thousands of battles I've participated in, it is to never give up, no matter the circumstances. If I am to go down, I am to go down in flames. I am not asking for a Custom Avatar, but I know what my purpose is and I intend on achieving it. Life is like a deck of cards; you never know what hand you may be dealt next....
Good Luck with that

Getting a custom avatar is no easy accomplishment buddy. I have worked and helped so many users here on smogon and have given out so many free stuff and even though I can't get a custom badge I'm greatful for helping out everyone:) I wish you luck on your journey but it will be a hard one:)

Hi em I'm kinda new and it took a while for me to get onto this website and now that I have I've got no idea on how to use it ?
Help would be great ???? Tnx

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forums, though I've been lurking around Smogon's strategy Dex and such for a while. I've been playing Pokemon since I learned to read. Or rather, I learnt most of the English I know FROM playing games like Pokemon. xD
Anyway, nice to meet you all. ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)