General Introduce yourself!

Sup! I think I've faced you on Pokémon Showdown before, can that be? I think it was in an Ubers match. Your big ambitions really come in handy here, since there's a LOT of people with the same ambitions out here. Definitely check out the Wi-Fi section. There are a lot of places you can look for good competitively bred Pokémon.

Other than that, good luck and have fun :)
Thank you! I don't remember that occasion unfortunately but I'm sure it'll happen again in the future. Thank you for taking the time for greeting me, that's really nice of you.

See you around!

Hello, everyone. My name is Gravesly! I first started playing Pokemon when Fire Red/Leaf Green came out, and started competitive battling around the BW era. I learned about Showdown because a friend of mine was playing a random battle and I thought it was very neat that you could battle other people all around the world. Currently, I'm working on ranking up in 1v1, Doubles OU, Ubers, and i'm currently in progress of making a VGC15 team based on my knowledge of Doubles OU. My friends and I have hosted mini-tournaments (usually in the OU tier since it's more popular) with each other, and i've won 4 times, placed 2nd 2 times I hope someday I can be considered one of the best.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello, everyone. My name is Gravesly! I first started playing Pokemon when Fire Red/Leaf Green came out, and started competitive battling around the BW era. I learned about Showdown because a friend of mine was playing a random battle and I thought it was very neat that you could battle other people all around the world. Currently, I'm working on ranking up in 1v1, Doubles OU, Ubers, and i'm currently in progress of making a VGC15 team based on my knowledge of Doubles OU. My friends and I have hosted mini-tournaments (usually in the OU tier since it's more popular) with each other, and i've won 4 times, placed 2nd 2 times I hope someday I can be considered one of the best.
Hey there, Gravesly!
Nice to meet you! I started a few years after Emerald was released, but I found PS! thanks to my friend at the release of XY. I got Y with my 3DS just last year, and got AS, too. My friend showed me Showdown during some free time in one of my classes, and I was hooked. I've improved a lot since I first started, that's for sure. I usually play OU, 1v1, and Random Battles, but I haven't been active in Showdown lately. :/ I sometimes end up 2nd place in tournaments, but that's about the highest I can go. :p Smogon has helped me improve a lot competitively, and I'm sure one day you could be one of the best if you put your heart into it. :) Have a great time at the site!

Hello Gravesly and welcome to Smogon. If you need help with VGC than you can PM me or chat with me on Pokémon Showdown. My username is psychodude11 on PS! Or you can just talk to me about whatever really.

Hello everyone!

My name's Will, I'm 20, and I'm a ☆Dreamer. I wonder if I'm really a "new" member since I've been lurking on Smogon ever since Pokemon X and Y came out. I never really made an account because I was a bit intimidated by the community. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable and good so I felt like I'd be sort of an outcast. plus I lurked the tournament forums where everyone seemed like they knew each other and didnt seem very welcoming towards new users... but here everyone seems really nice! Anyway i used gamefaqs for awhile and still do sometimes but since smogon dictates the metagame there I figured why not come to the source. I mostly play ORAS OverUsed but I also quite like NU because it's nice to not have to deal with Landorus (can you tell I hate Landorus >_>) but i'm glad it's being suspected right now. so anyway i'm happy to be here! i finally decided to join because i know more about the game and i think i'm pretty decent so maybe i'll fit in better.

p.s. i love sceptile if you cant tell by my avatar :I

QueBien

Hello everyone!

My name's Will, I'm 20, and I'm a ☆Dreamer. I wonder if I'm really a "new" member since I've been lurking on Smogon ever since Pokemon X and Y came out. I never really made an account because I was a bit intimidated by the community. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable and good so I felt like I'd be sort of an outcast. plus I lurked the tournament forums where everyone seemed like they knew each other and didnt seem very welcoming towards new users... but here everyone seems really nice! Anyway i used gamefaqs for awhile and still do sometimes but since smogon dictates the metagame there I figured why not come to the source. I mostly play ORAS OverUsed but I also quite like NU because it's nice to not have to deal with Landorus (can you tell I hate Landorus >_>) but i'm glad it's being suspected right now. so anyway i'm happy to be here!

Hi Limelight!
Welcome to the forums! I never lurked before I joined Smogon, unlike many of the site's current users. In fact, the reason I created this account was because I didn't understand how discipline by IP worked (I was on a public IP), so after I got that, I left this account to gather dust, but now here I am! I haven't visited the Tournaments room myself, but from what I've heard it's a great place to go to. I mostly hang around the Other Metas room when I do go on Showdown, though. I've used gamefaqs for a few things, but my go-to site is Smogon. I play OU, 1v1, and Random Battles most of the time, but I doubt there's a single ladder tier I haven't played (excluding seasonals). I'm not much of a fan of Landorus, either, but it's decent. I guess it's just that I don't like using it myself. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp; welcome to Smogon, enjoy your time here! :)

Hello everyone!

My name's Will, I'm 20, and I'm a ☆Dreamer. I wonder if I'm really a "new" member since I've been lurking on Smogon ever since Pokemon X and Y came out. I never really made an account because I was a bit intimidated by the community. Everyone seemed so knowledgeable and good so I felt like I'd be sort of an outcast. plus I lurked the tournament forums where everyone seemed like they knew each other and didnt seem very welcoming towards new users... but here everyone seems really nice! Anyway i used gamefaqs for awhile and still do sometimes but since smogon dictates the metagame there I figured why not come to the source. I mostly play ORAS OverUsed but I also quite like NU because it's nice to not have to deal with Landorus (can you tell I hate Landorus >_>) but i'm glad it's being suspected right now. so anyway i'm happy to be here! i finally decided to join because i know more about the game and i think i'm pretty decent so maybe i'll fit in better.

Hi and welcome to Smogon Limelight. I personally don't think that you should be intimidated (because none of us have that ability lol) and everybody here is really nice and PS! has a great community and if you have any questions you can ask me or the Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread.

Hi Limelight!
Welcome to the forums! I never lurked before I joined Smogon, unlike many of the site's current users. In fact, the reason I created this account was because I didn't understand how discipline by IP worked (I was on a public IP), so after I got that, I left this account to gather dust, but now here I am! I haven't visited the Tournaments room myself, but from what I've heard it's a great place to go to. I mostly hang around the Other Metas room when I do go on Showdown, though. I've used gamefaqs for a few things, but my go-to site is Smogon. I play OU, 1v1, and Random Battles most of the time, but I doubt there's a single ladder tier I haven't played (excluding seasonals). I'm not much of a fan of Landorus, either, but it's decent. I guess it's just that I don't like using it myself. My favorite Pokemon is Bisharp; welcome to Smogon, enjoy your time here! :)
Thank you QueBien! Wow 2 people replied i actually feel really welcomed despite what i actually said in my post :I anyway whats discipline by IP and why did that make you join? err i guess leave? kinda confused about that part. and thats cool! i never really liked other metagames because it was like learning an entirely new game haha. i'll stick with my normal pokemon moves and such. how's 1v1? it seems odd to play a tier entirely designed by match-up. and thank you i think i will enjoy my time here!

TheHoodedGamer said:
Hi and welcome to Smogon Limelight. I personally don't think that you should be intimidated (because none of us have that ability lol) and everybody here is really nice and PS! has a great community and if you have any questions you can ask me or the Have a Question? Ask it Here! thread.
TheHoodedGamer thank you very much! and lol the ability. everyone does seem nice and thanks for the thread link i think i have a question i'm about to ask it.

Last edited:
/me never actually introduced himself in this thread.

Hello everyone!

Welcome man! You shouldn't be too intimidated, as long as you can stand up to your points and not be stupid nobody that's a worthwhile user should do anything to you. Also Sceptile is pretty boss.

Also it's [ quote=(users name) ] without the spaces and obviously the users name goes there.

QueBien

Thank you QueBien! Wow 2 people replied i actually feel really welcomed despite what i actually said in my post :I anyway whats discipline by IP and why did that make you join? err i guess leave? kinda confused about that part. and thats cool! i never really liked other metagames because it was like learning an entirely new game haha. i'll stick with my normal pokemon moves and such. how's 1v1? it seems odd to play a tier entirely designed by match-up. and thank you i think i will enjoy my time here!
Hey, great you feel that way! I think you'll find that the majority of the community is really friendly and fun. Basically what happened is that I visited PS! while on a public IP, and someone else on that IP got locked, so I did, too. It happened twice, and I didn't realize it was by IP, so I created an account to make a discipline appeal. :L Anyway, that was the sole purpose of the account, and after I learned about the system, I didn't have anything else to do. Then a few months back, I got involved with the OM community (love that community, by the way, it's a great place to be :D ), which drove me to join Smogon. Then I realized I had this account, and now here I am! n_n 1v1 is a really interesting tier to play in that it takes good teambuilding skills to get a good rating. I personally enjoy the "suspense", I guess you could call it, and the battles are really short and quick, which allows me to easily play a quick battle if I'm in a hurry. Try it sometime! :D

Last edited:
/me never actually introduced himself in this thread.

Welcome man! You shouldn't be too intimidated, as long as you can stand up to your points and not be stupid nobody that's a worthwhile user should do anything to you. Also Sceptile is pretty boss.

Also it's [ quote=(users name) ] without the spaces and obviously the users name goes there.
ahh thank you i fixed it. and exactly! i wanted to make sure i had enough knowledge to stand up to my posts and not be stupid lol.

QueBien said:
Hey, great you feel that way! I think you'll find that the majority of the community is really friendly and fun. Basically what happened is that I visited PS! while on a public IP, and someone else on that IP got locked, so I did, too. It happened twice, and I didn't realize it was by IP, so I created an account to make a discipline appeal. :L Anyway, that was the sole purpose of the account, and after I learned about the system, I didn't have anything else to do. Then a few months back, I got involved with the OM community (love that community, by the way, it's a great place to be :D ), which drove me to join Smogon. Then I realized I had this account, and now here I am! n_n 1v1 is a really interesting tier to play in that it takes good teambuilding skills to get a good rating. I personally enjoy the "suspense", I guess you could call it, and the battles are really short and quick, which allows me to easily play a quick battle if I'm in a hurry. Try it sometime! :D
oh wow so is it a bad idea to log on to smogon at like starbucks or something? and that's good that you have this account and you even have a badge! I bet you're glad you joined the OM (other metagames?) community to bring you back into smogon. i'll definitely have to try 1v1 sometime, thanks!

QueBien

ahh thank you i fixed it. and exactly! i wanted to make sure i had enough knowledge to stand up to my posts and not be stupid lol.

oh wow so is it a bad idea to log on to smogon at like starbucks or something? and that's good that you have this account and you even have a badge! I bet you're glad you joined the OM (other metagames?) community to bring you back into smogon. i'll definitely have to try 1v1 sometime, thanks!
Yeah, I guess you could say that. You should probably avoid public IPs and just stick with your personal one. And thanks! I just got this badge today! :D Yes, the OM community has been a really big part/influence in my Smogon/PS! career.

Also Kamikaze Gallade, QueBien, and I are all good people to ask for advice with the Metagames or just questions in general.

P.S. QueBien is cool

Hey Guys, My name is Kenn. I have been playing smogon rules for about 4 years but is now officially making an account. I am trying to get more involved into LC, and NU. I have been playing OU since I've started and is now developing UU skills. If you guys need more information, you can PM me or if you want a challenge! :pimp:

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Hey Guys, My name is Kenn. I have been playing smogon rules for about 4 years but is now officially making an account. I am trying to get more involved into LC, and NU. I have been playing OU since I've started and is now developing UU skills. If you guys need more information, you can PM me or if you want a challenge! :pimp:
Hey Kenn! Glad to see you've finally plunged into the realms of the Smogon forums. If you want to get more involved in LC and Neverused, you can easily go to their corresponding rooms on the Showdown! simulator (seen here and here, respectively). They're both super fun tiers that aren't all that difficult to get into, though I've heard some sketchy things about NU every since the recent drops/rises. Here's to hopinh for the best of your time on Smogon. Cheers mate.

Edit: So true TheHoodedGamer. I guess we have you and Que to thank for that lmao

QueBien

Hey there, Kenn2Smoove!
I've been playing competitively on Showdown for about a year (a little more than that, I think), but casually since, uh, I dunno, three years ago with Emerald. You can start getting involved with those tiers by visiting their respective rooms in Showdown and joining in on the discussions here and/or by posting in their subforums here at Smogon. Just make sure you've lurked sufficiently, though! My first tier was Random Battle, and I still love it to date. Now, my three main tiers are 1v1, Random Battles, and OU. If you have any questions about the site, visit the Simple Question Simple Answer threads, the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread, or just shoot me a VM/PM. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hi and welcome to smogon Kenn2Smoove. I also play LC and NU (not much anymore because of the ban of Cameruptite) and OU and UU so if you have any questions about the meta game or team building hen just PM me or other people that are good (not saying I'm good bc I'm a nub lol jk I'm ok)

I never realized how involving this thread is lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, my name is BamALam. I have been lurking Smogon and playing Showdown! ever since BW2, but only decided to create an account now as I wanted to post a RMT and meet some cool people who also share my enthusiasm for competitive battling :)
You can usually find me playing in the OU and recently UU tiers, but I can be persuaded to try other tiers if I can use someone else's RMT get a positive response or a recommendation.
So, yeah, I'm happy to officially be a member of Smogon and feel free to PM me if you need more information and/or want to battle as I can usually normally accept challenges. Have an awesome day \(^o^)/

Hi Guys, my name is BamALam. I have been lurking Smogon and playing Showdown! ever since BW2, but only decided to create an account now as I wanted to post a RMT and meet some cool people who also share my enthusiasm for competitive battling :)
You can usually find me playing in the OU and recently UU tiers, but I can be persuaded to try other tiers if I can use someone else's RMT get a positive response or a recommendation.
So, yeah, I'm happy to officially be a member of Smogon and feel free to PM me if you need more information and/or want to battle as I can usually normally accept challenges. Have an awesome day \(^o^)/
Hello and welcome to Smogon BamALam! We are happy to greet another person to the community and if you have any questions or if you wanna play PS! or just talk, you can PM either me or QueBien and my username on PS! is psychodude11 if you wanna play.

QueBien

Hi BamALam!
Yep, we do have a pretty awesome greeting committee here. :) Please be sure to read the Rate My Team rules before you post a thread, and if you would like a specific team rater to help you, sometimes they will let you VM/PM them for requests. I know Ununhexium is one of those raters. Some information about me: I started playing Pokemon when I saw my friend playing Emerald, and I was hooked. My friend introduced me to Showdown! just last year, and it was from PS! that I found Smogon. You can find a lot of great teams in the RMT Archives section if you want some inspiration. Take a look at our Help form or questions threads if you need help with anything, and like TheHoodedGamer said, you can PM one of us, too! Have fun exploring the site!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)