Introducing Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament (Sign Ups have started)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
Hey everyone,

For those who don't know me, I am Bloo, the director of tournaments here on Smogon. I am posting this thread to announce something I feel is a very important addition to the Smogon community: the implementation of an Official Ladder Tournament.

The Pokemon Showdown OU ladder, despite being a very active area of our competitive space, is unemphasized in our Tournaments and frequently mocked. It's not uncommon to hear that there is no incentive to ladder nowadays in addition to the quality of the ladder being generally lackluster. The implementation of this tournament aims to eliminate those negative perceptions many individuals have of our ladder by representing it in an official setting. Giving the ladder official representation will breath life into the various competitive aspects of our website and increase activity in these areas substantially.

I encourage everyone viewing this thread to CLICK HERE and read about the details concerning the tournament to learn everything you need to know about participating and the like. I also urge everyone to participate once it begins on September 8th. The tournament will be tons of fun and will give you the opportunity to face off against some of Smogon's best players and make a name for yourself. You might even find yourself with a nifty trophy (
) at the end of it all.

If anyone has any questions regarding the tournament, do feel free to message me or any other Tournament Directors with your questions and we'll happily address them.

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
We decided to create an official PS room solely for this tournament! Its name is OLT and you can join it by clicking here (the room isn't private so it will also appear in the room list on PS!).

Its purpose will be to discuss about the tournament, our games, help each other if needed and mainly allowing everyone to easily follow each other's (hopefully quality) games on the Ladder!

Modchat will probably be enabled in this room, and we'll voice anyone as long as you have joined the tournament. We'll voice your OLT alts, so make sure to PM one of the room staff once you're there with your smogon profile and your sign-up post if you want your ladder alts voiced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)