1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Introducing the Ubers Council

Discussion in 'BW Ubers' started by bojangles, Oct 15, 2012.

1. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Tonight, Jibaku and I sat down and went through the difficult process of selecting the 7 people who would be making some of the tough decisions for Ubers testing. All of the candidates were seriously considered, and I was surprised at how difficult some of these decisions were.

Let's cut to the chase though. Here's your council.

Chairman: bojangles
    Co-Chair: Jibaku
    Furai
    Hugendugen
    Poppy
    syrim
    Theorymon
    Tobes

You'll notice that there are 8 names there. That's because I'm listed. I have recused myself from taking part in any of the actual votes, so there will only be 7 members of this board that are taking part in the votes. I will be acting in an advising capacity and will participate in, as well as facilitate, the discussion. I will also be tasked with making sure every council member is performing appropriately according to his duties.

If you're not on this list, however, don't despair. You will still be able to vote. We will be moving to large-scale votes after the council releases their opinion and decides to move to a vote. We will be deciding on who gets to vote in these large tests based on ladder rankings, so get active there. The first test will be begin soon, when the Ubers Open officially ends. If you still seek a place on the council, we will be constantly monitoring members' activities and will find appropriate replacements if necessary.

I'd also invite you guys to join #uberscouncil on SynIRC. This will be the hotbed of Ubers council activity. The channel will always be "open" with some amount of activity, although it will be moderated (+m). We will also have set meetings before council votes when we start the actual testing. This shouldn't replace #pokemon, however, as your main place to chat Ubers.

That's all for now. Expect further information on the actual testing in the coming week. Congratulations to everybody who was selected!
  2. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Grats to the people who made it. Just wondering, you mentioned that we can still vote based on ladder rankings, will these votes count toward the Tier Contrib badge?
  3. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Yes. The current standards for TC are 1 vote if you're on a council or 4 votes if you're just part of the large-scale voting. If you qualify for and vote in 4 rounds of testing, you will be nominated for the badge.
  4. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Ok sounds great, thanks for clearing that up.
  5. Asek

Asek A heart of stone, a smoking gun
    is a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Congratulations to all new council members
  6. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

amazing staff - I'm looking forward to this! I'm eagerly awaiting the 1st ever Uber Suspect Phase to begin!
  7. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

congrats you guys, you all deserve to be on the council!
  8. dragonuser

dragonuser The only thing I look up to is the sky
    is a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Pyramid Kingis a Past WCoP Winner
    Mentor

congrats on council guys!

Cant wait for first phase to begin
  9. BattleStar

BattleStar

Congrats guys!

Still need to work on my team if I ever want to be in the large scale voting.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)