1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Invigorating the LC Ladder

Discussion in 'BW LC' started by Ray Jay, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

With the advent of the LC Council, it's no secret that the LC ladder has slightly dipped in activity. Fortunately, last month, we had a good increase in battles, but none of us should be satisfied with that! Let's aim to increase activity on the ladder even more for next month!

One of the best ways to do this is undoubtedly by incentivizing the laddering process. In other words, goodies! Starting today, anyone who posts their alt here and breaks the 1450 mark on the LC ladder will receive half-ops on #littlecup (for you daft ones, that's the little % next to your name!). Mayhaps you already have those, or maybe you don't, but we will also provide anyone who breaks 1450 points access to the LC Council chat on irc, which is currently a closed channel. We believe that even if they can't ALL be council members, the input from the community that has played the metagame extensively and proved that they know what they're doing should have the opportunity to participate in the Council's discussions. Who knows, in the case of an absence, you may even be called on for a last minute vote!

A big part of keeping our beloved tier alive is laddering, as it vitally influences the usage stats we see along with being the most objective representation of who's using what and with what. Whether or not you've found the motivation to do so before, we encourage you to hop onto the LC ladder and show us what you've got!
  2. Psychotic

Psychotic WhiteKing.
    is a Tiering Contributor

Once our tutoring sessions start, I cant wait to get into LC and start laddering.

Alt: Psychot1c
  3. dragonboy52

dragonboy52
    is a Contributor Alumnus

OBVIOUSLY IN!!
    ALT: Totodile52
  4. Furai

Furai wellfare
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

5. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

IM IN

oh wait
  6. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

im down
    in as Sir: 1355
    in as FUCK LITCHI: idk
  7. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

alt: When I meet you
  8. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude more dogebird
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

hmmmm i havent played little cup in a while but i think i might get back into it since that bastard Gligar is gone. All joking aside it is quite hard to ladder for me due to me playing on my phone and having to forfiet alot due to shit connection i will enter anyway

alt suprpowrdude
  9. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

10. Ray Jay

Ray Jay "The sky's the limit, okey-dokey!"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Congrats to Marcelo, who now has half-ops and access to the LC council channel! Be jealous!
  11. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

Congratulations to our winner MarceloDK. I'm sure the challenge now has to be reset as the ladders got reset.

All of our alts are now empty, so post whichever alt you want to use for the new challenge. See you in the 1450s!

alt: blarajan
  12. San_Pellegrino

San_Pellegrino the eternal dreamer
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

for salience, does the 1450 have to be maintained
  13. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

Yeah. With the reset ladder, it's a more fun challenge, too.
  14. Chieliee

Chieliee

uhh alt: chieliee
  15. HSA ♥

HSA ♥ I am the God of the new world.

alt is nitrite
  16. MarceloDK

MarceloDK

I'll try again as MarceloDK.
  17. D4RR3N

D4RR3N

goin with
    <--- muh forum name
  18. Berift

Berift

My alt is the same as my Forum Name.
    Alt--> Berift
  19. LoboMuzenza

LoboMuzenza

20. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

Alt on ps: AuraRayquaza

On ps ive got a rating of 1828 (3rd on the ladder). Im not sure if that gets me any privileges and im not sure what that is in PO terms but i think it is worth something as 4th is hard to get to.

Show Hide
    Zooming in helps to see

(And me and iss got into a ladder race which he eventually won, gg)
  21. Gengan

Gengan

Alt: Gengan

Herp 29
    [​IMG]

There was a point where I hit 24, but I was lazy and didn't screen shot. Regretting it, but meh. 29's good too.
  22. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Breaking 1500 on PS isn't really an accomplishment. I'd set the bar at 1900. Here's the current ladder:
    [​IMG]

Three people over 1900 is roughly equivalent to PO's LC ladder at 1450.
  23. AuraRayquaza

AuraRayquaza

damn you just cant see me in 7th now
  24. Danilo

Danilo
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

I support 1900. However, there's a lot of decay so just reaching 1900 should give you the privileges. I was at 1770ish and after one day of not laddering, i was 100 points lower.
  25. Gengan

Gengan

I was at 24, and I was off PS for three days. Fell completely off the ladder. >:I Words couldn't express how angry I was.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)