IP Bans

Discussion in 'Moderator Discussion' started by Misty, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Misty

Misty oh
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Since IP bans don't have reasons, use this thread to post them.

75.80.70.34 - Demon666whatever guy, made a ton of alts to avoid infractions. Banned for 6 months.
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

The standard way is to put the IP in the ban message for the user you are banning. This thread is unnecessary.
  3. Misty

Misty oh
    is an Administratoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

does this mean there is a different way to do IP bans than just entering it under "User Banning Options"?
  4. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I'm not sure about that, Misty... but you can always ban the account the normal way... leaving a note that an IP ban was put into place (with the actual IP of course) and the reasoning behind the ban.
  5. Misty

Misty oh

I'm mostly doing this because, when I unbanned Silver_Wind, I wasn't fully sure of why the ban took place - I was aware of certain idiocies that he'd done (by checking his posting history), but I had forgotten the large number of alts he set up, until after I had already lifted the ban :/ If a topic like this had been around it would have put me in a better position to understand what had gone on.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)