1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

IRC subforum

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by jrp, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrp

jrp wanker of the highest order

I know IRC doesn't have the BIGGEST presence on the site, but it still could benefit from having a small subforum (I guess it would fit in smogon metagames?)

mainly because banned users have no way of appealing their bans besides PMing us, and that's rarely a successful endeavor for the ban(ees?).

You could also fit a SQSA answer in for people with questions pertaining to IRC.

I know it wouldn't come close to being as active as other subforums, but it could still be useful.
  2. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Where would this subforum go?
  3. jrp

I guess it would fit in Smogon Metagames (since the tag for the forum's description mentions #pokemon)
  4. Birkal

is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

But it isn't really a Smogon Metagame. We don't have an IRC metagame (the idea is intriguing though). Something under Sites & Projects would probably be more sensible, no?
  5. jrp

yeah, I guess it would fit better in S&P

irc metagame sounds fun though!
  6. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

IRC really doesn't need a ban appeals forum. It's rare enough users get banned on #pokemon, and anything involved with the splinter channels is really nothing to be concerned about.

EDIT: hell splinter channel policy is "not affiliated with smogon rules at all besides extreme circumstances." Usually getting banned from say #grammar is nothing to appeal about in the forums.
  7. Birkal

CAP Head Mod

This is being discussed internally. IRC AOps and SOps, you can talk with Aldaron about this if you're interested in the current discussion; he should be contacting you about this anyways. Good idea to start us off with, jon. We'll see where we can take it =)
  8. Steamroll

Steamroll Tasty
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

You're not IRC staff and aldaron is a bum. This will be fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)